• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

3.Anything else I missed?
You may want to try and get the Grove Warden from Archimonde HC as that won't be available again after Tuesday. If you just dinged and are new you might struggle to get a proper group, but boosts are down to 5k gold now on my realm [EU Kazzak] which is worth it.

How often does it spawn? is it like every so many hours?

Aeonaxx? If I remember right it has a "chance" to spawn every 4 hours or so, but it also shares a spawn timer with some random bats and only one of them can spawn in that 4 hour period. I think they increased the chance of Aeonaxx spawning though so it's not as bad as it used to be, there's just a reason that so many people camp it and for so long.

Azzurri

Aeonaxx? If I remember right it has a "chance" to spawn every 4 hours or so, but it also shares a spawn timer with some random bats and only one of them can spawn in that 4 hour period. I think they increased the chance of Aeonaxx spawning though so it's not as bad as it used to be, there's just a reason that so many people camp it and for so long.

THat's cool, I guess it's rngesus

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Since my "take time off work during Legion launch" plan is shot, and since monday and tuesday are my regular days off, plan B is do a Legion launch all nighter, which is something I havent done in many many years.

Then again I do work graveyard shift anyway so staying up all night is basically the norm for me these days.

Any other european bros going to pull a all nighter?

Since my "take time off work during Legion launch" plan is shot, and since monday and tuesday are my regular days off, plan B is do a Legion launch all nighter, which is something I havent done in many many years.

Then again I do work graveyard shift anyway so staying up all night is basically the norm for me these days.

Any other european bros going to pull a all nighter?

Sucks, man. I'm on paternity leave for another week, so that worked out? lol

Ridli

So I haven't been paying much attention, but what's the deal w gathering professions come legion? No garrisons is a big deal for me since my major chars were smith/JC and scribe/enchanter.

How much of a pain are the bop mats like blood of sargeras?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I keep trying to double jump on my DK :| The extra mobility just makes the DH feel so good.

Yeah. This is probably how druids always felt compared to the other classes :p

Mobility is so great but I had a few HFC boss runs and hit 4th on DPS on a few of the bosses and between 4-7th on trash with 706 gear with people having like 740+ above me and 730+ below me.

Felt awesome but it might as well been them slacking, however I did clearly out-dps the same if not better geared DH's in the group, was 3 of us.

I think I found my Legion class, most defiantly. Only struggle now is Transmog however I've landed on
ldkx7Vm.png

for now, but I'm finding it hard to find decent fitting DH leather gear.

You may want to try and get the Grove Warden from Archimonde HC as that won't be available again after Tuesday. If you just dinged and are new you might struggle to get a proper group, but boosts are down to 5k gold now on my realm [EU Kazzak] which is worth it.

Damnnn. I want the mount but people still want 20-25k on my servers. Not worth it

Level 95...almost there. I don't want to see any more green fire for a long while after this. No Demon Hunter until I no longer have every zone's dialogue memorized.

Helcular is best

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm looking forward to getting home form work on Tuesday.

Does anyone know the best place to park our toons prior to the Legion launch? I would like to be as close as possible to the action once the expansion goes live.

ampere

I have a feeling I'm gonna have to do normal human hours on Tuesday since I've got some stuff later in the week. Reaaaaally wanna get up at 3am, but not sure it's a good idea lol.

Strimei

Does anyone know the best place to park our toons prior to the Legion launch? I would like to be as close as possible to the action once the expansion goes live.

I may be wrong, but Dalaran-over-Karazhan is probably the best, since you get teleported from there to Legion-Dalaran (provided you've done the intro-quests already, anyway).

And just a fair warning to everyone, I would be prepared for all sorts of things to go wrong on launch night/day, not the least of which being a likely DDoS. So be prepared to sit and watch yourself in a queue.

(I prefer to be prepared for the worst, so if it goes smoothly, I'm pleasantly surprised, rather than annoyed)

I have a feeling I'm gonna have to do normal human hours on Tuesday since I've got some stuff later in the week. Reaaaaally wanna get up at 3am, but not sure it's a good idea lol.

Yeah I dunno if I can afford stay up till 3 am (and beyond to actually play). Might just go to bed early then wake up at like 6 or 7 am to do stuff before I have class. Wednesday I'm mostly free though, so I'll probably binge more then.

carlsojo

So stoked my paternity leave will go for one more week. Baby Jaina and I are going to be up and ready to go at 3 AM Tuesday morning.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So stoked my paternity leave will go for one more week. Baby Jaina and I are going to be up and ready to go at 3 AM Tuesday morning.

You named your daughter after a dreadlord? :/

Aeana

I can't handle people calling transmogs "mogs." There's a thread on the official forum right now titled "More skimpy mogs, please" and I can only imagine moogles in bikinis.

Got a warlock to 100 because of invasion xp, but that just makes my altoholicism worse. I've wittled it down to:

Melee: Rogue (outlaw mainly) vs Demon Hunter (double jump, glide, and being able to tank is great for queue times)
Ranged: Spriest (they really nailed it) vs Warlock (come on it's an expac about DEMONS, the class quests must be awesome)

I'll probably end up with rogue or dh. Hopefully I can pick one class by Tuesday so I can quest without wanting to stop and switch.

Rhaknar

I can't handle people calling transmogs "mogs." There's a thread on the official forum right now titled "More skimpy mogs, please" and I can only imagine moogles in bikinis.

Thats not the part that should bother you about that thread >_>

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Got a warlock to 100 because of invasion xp, but that just makes my altoholicism worse.
I'm kind of glad I walked away from invasions on my Warlock. It's the one class I don't have at 100 but the last thing I need is to be wearing myself out on the game before a flood of new content, where even if I capped it, it would just be one of many alts I could go do more stuff on.
That's what you'd find at the Mog Resort, right?

Rhaknar

We have beta peeps here right? I hear the BM bow skin is just purchased from a vendor because "some people just really hate guns" so it had to be easy to access. But where isnthis vendor? In the class order hall?

Because that bow skin has really grown on me and I might have to use it from day 1.

Lain

This invasion I'm doing is so bad, I am forced to solo bosses by suicide training NPCs on them because there is no one around.

Aeana

This invasion I'm doing is so bad, I am forced to solo bosses by suicide training NPCs on them because there is no one around.

This morning, I tried to finish the quest that asks you to clear one invasion on one of my characters, and I did phases 3 and 4 literally by myself.

Strimei

I didn't know that could be obtained right away. Figured it would require reputation somewhere or a certain level of engineering.

Nope, its one of, if not the, easiest hidden skins to get.

The whole "its so people who hate guns can use a bow" thing is a bit odd to me since, y'know, transmog already exists, but eh.

Undead get to go in there too. Goblin starter is probably even worse for me. Just hyper linear and a total drag with a story that might as well spit in the player's face. And then Thrall shows up to be a hero for the goblins...like come on....

It's the other way around, the Goblin player character saves Thrall.

I like the Goblin starter area because it's absurd and, outside of sporadic Steamwheedle questing hubs, pretty much the only lore spotlight the race will ever receive. It's not something I would want to play through consecutively but I do enjoy playing through it every now and then.

I wish that Kezan 3-seater Hotrod was an engineering craft.

Rhaknar

The survivability talents in your artifact tree are actually really really good.

You basically tripple your self healing capability as a BM Hunter from your artifact. One of the talents makes it so your damage resuction turtle shell thing also heals you for 30% of your health, and another talent makes it so kill command heals you for % of dmg done, and you are using kill command every 8 seconds or whatever it is, I cant remember off the top of my head.

I kinda ignored those when I first looked at the traits but man those are nice when you are doing your solo shit, especially now with world quests and whatnot.

Savitar

I keep trying to double jump on my DK :| The extra mobility just makes the DH feel so good.

You know....I actually don't get this complaint much. I've played a DH and had fun with them too but in the end not having a double jump or dash/attack move doesn't bother me at all in the slightest.

But then I can play a Warlock and be happy and that's supposedly the worse right now.

Tarazet

I finally got that damn Giant Sewer Rat from fishing in the Underbelly. Over 1,000 casts pulling up vendor trash and garbage fish before it finally dropped for me. Going after Old Crafty next!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's the other way around, the Goblin player character saves Thrall.
Sure, it's not completely one sided but at the end of the day the goblin players are helpless and face imminent death as they're stranded on a volcanically active island. Their only way to escape is to defeat their slave master trade prince with the help of Horde hero Thrall...and then once you do that Thrall keeps your old slave master in power just to bolster the forces of the Horde. For me rescuing Thrall just feels like a way to prove yourself to the Horde for them to ultimately be the savior.
The survivability talents in your artifact tree are actually really really good.
Most people are probably going to do these last or close to last. They vary pretty wildly on usefulness. The Fury one is so bad it might as well not exist.

Today I did LFR Archimonde for 150 valor to get a ring upgrade

One of the tanks was a death knight who insisted that he could tank as unholy because he has two taunts (pretty sure death grip doesn't taunt anymore for unholy though).

One of the dps demon hunters was playing as havoc because he wanted to be able to self heal because he didn't trust pug healers.

This was in the same group, so it actually worked out and we got the kill...

Fuck it, I have an Alliance Priest and Monk to cap on Proudmoore. I'm not grinding any other toons up through invasions or buying a boost. I don't have to worry about Professions, bags and junk. I'll just go back to Alliance.

Top Bottom