• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Xeteh

Today I did LFR Archimonde for 150 valor to get a ring upgrade

One of the tanks was a death knight who insisted that he could tank as unholy because he has two taunts (pretty sure death grip doesn't taunt anymore for unholy though).

One of the dps demon hunters was playing as havoc because he wanted to be able to self heal because he didn't trust pug healers.

This was in the same group, so it actually worked out and we got the kill...

Weird, Vengeance has far better self healing than Havok.

biaxident

Was doing some guild randoms and had one of those tanks who pulls 80 mobs at a time. As disc it was kind of lame because I couldn't even heal with atonements, it was just shadowmend spam all dungeon long. Kind of lame when it hits the fan disc has to just resort to that, gets away from their true flavor.

Does havoc have any self healing besides when you kill something for a fragment?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I think he meant Vengeance (tank), and thats why it worked out, the supposed tank (the DK) was in a dps spec, and the supposed dps (the DH) was in a tank spec

Tarazet

I think he meant Vengeance (tank), and thats why it worked out, the supposed tank (the DK) was in a dps spec, and the supposed dps (the DH) was in a tank spec

Separately, I've gotten into the habit of queueing as DPS but actually healing when I do Archimonde. It just makes it easier. 5 healers really isn't enough when most of them are going to be alt #8 doing their first instance ever.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm doing the Gilneas starter quests again. Such an amazingly well done series of quests, especially for fans of old Human and Night Elf Druid lore.

Probably the best thing about the entire Cata expansion.

Xeteh

I'm doing the Gilneas starter quests again. Such an amazingly well done series of quests, especially for fans of old Human and Night Elf Druid lore.

I still wish you could use your Human form in combat with Worgens so it was there for reasons other than some flavor.

Brokun

Not really, there's a talent in the second tier that makes Chaos Strike a chance to spawn a fragment but they aren't common like Shear is for Vengeance.

You're missing one. There is a talent that gives you 100% leech while metamorphosis is active.

Zelias

Banned

Yeah, I really love Gilneas and prefer their starting zone to the Goblin one (not that the Goblin one is bad, I feel like the Lost Isles really drags though).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Jesus, invasion leveling feels like cheating. I love it.
If I had a rapid mind going I don't think I could even keep track of the levels.

Got Legion and resubbed after 3 years. Never thought I'd go back to Wow after Mists.

You missed WoD or you wouldn't be saying that about Mists.

TheStig88

Got Legion and resubbed after 3 years. Never thought I'd go back to Wow after Mists.
Neither did I. About two weeks ago I figured I'd ask for a free 7 days just to get it out of my system before Legion but instead, here I am, chomping at the bit for Tuesday.

Xeteh

Got a cool new mace transmog so I went for a more fiery look for my Shaman so I could use'm.

juiYjnA.jpg

You're missing one. There is a talent that gives you 100% leech while metamorphosis is active.

I just meant available at the moment but you're right.

Lain

Got the Warlock to 100, now just the druid left and then I don't think I'm gonna do the priest or the horde druid like I planned because of time (and getting sick of invasions and having to taxi my low levels around).
Also, I've never felt like my power was slowly going down as I did leveling the warlock. I was kicking asses when I was a low level and I was getting my ass kicked as a high level. On the bright side, I made almost 2k from selling the extra armor from the boxes.

Sölf

Rogue reached 96. Will do the last 4 levels over the day, will probably take 4-6 more invasions. After that I am done. I definitly won't level the shaman from 90-100... xD

My Shaman got 700/700 LW/tailoring. I cant decide if I should drop tailoring for skinning given how it doesnt seem to bring any fun stuff, or if its better to save it and first get the crafted cloak. I bet gathering professions still is a pain to lvl up:<

Rizzi

My Shaman got 700/700 LW/tailoring. I cant decide if I should drop tailoring for skinning given how it doesnt seem to bring any fun stuff, or if its better to save it and first get the crafted cloak. I bet gathering professions still is a pain to lvl up:<

Skinning takes a few hours to level up. There's some wolves with a super fast respawn time in frostfire that can get you to like 650 or so.

Well it took longer than I expected due to taking a year off from the game, but I finally got one of each class up to level cap. My last one was a pandaren monk, it took 16 hours from
1-100, about 2-3 of which was spent in the starting area and at least 1-2 was taking taxis to and from Kalimdor invasions before I had fast flying. That wasn't even doing the whole quit after stage 1/2 thing most people do.

M.D

Skinning takes a few hours to level up. There's some wolves with a super fast respawn time in frostfire that can get you to like 650 or so.

I'm boosting a 60 Rogue and I've looking at what I could pick for him

LW + Skinning seemed best for usefulness and potential gold making, but I'm not sure now if you're saying Skinning is so easy to level up, it might not be worth ti
I also thought about picking up Engineering (and drop it for a different profession on another character I have maxed on)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Almost have my bank alt to 100 from lvl 23. Then I get to open 60 boxes

Then I might actually get a DH to 100. Doing some good work for next expac -- I'll have like 5 alts at the ready for all of the artifact quests when I get around to playing them

Can somebody explain something to me? I was doing Only the Penitent achievement in Firelands in a group, then I left the group, but afterwards every time I go into the Raid it puts me in an instance in progress that doesn't belong to me. Reset all instances does nothing. I've tried logging out too, it keeps trying to save me to their instance rather than returning me to my own save. I even saw other people in the instance. Did it somehow automatically lock me to their instance and am I now boned until the reset? It does give me the option to leave instance before saving me to that version. I'm super confused.

Lanrutcon

Can somebody explain something to me? I was doing Only the Penitent achievement in Firelands in a group, then I left the group, but afterwards every time I go into the Raid it puts me in an instance in progress that doesn't belong to me. Reset all instances does nothing. I've tried logging out too, it keeps trying to save me to their instance rather than returning me to my own save. I even saw other people in the instance. Did it somehow automatically lock me to their instance and am I now boned until the reset? It does give me the option to leave instance before saving me to that version. I'm super confused.

That's how it works. You're boned to reset.

Every instance of an instance has an ID. Killing a boss locks you to that ID. Quitting a group does shit, you're still attached to that ID. Weekly reset frees you.

Progress made on that ID's instance, even if you're not there, is yours since you're attached to the ID.

Tecnniqe

Banned

you can only reset on normal I believe (flame orbs) so if you had Heroic set with the 5 or 6 others you wont be able to do it until reset I think once it fails.

Zelias

Banned
Well, at least Archaeology isn't quite as terrible as the last time I tried to level it... which was Cata launch pretty much.

Fishing on my DK is now.. 550-something. Cooking is near 700. Might as well try to get them as close to 700 before the launch.

Little less than 36 hours to go for EU!

Sarcasm

Well, at least Archaeology isn't quite as terrible as the last time I tried to level it... which was Cata launch pretty much.

Fishing on my DK is now.. 550-something. Cooking is near 700. Might as well try to get them as close to 700 before the launch.

Little less than 36 hours to go for EU!

There is a fishing daily in your garrison. Shame no cooking one.

Every instance of an instance has an ID. Killing a boss locks you to that ID. Quitting a group does shit, you're still attached to that ID. Weekly reset frees you.

Progress made on that ID's instance, even if you're not there, is yours since you're attached to the ID.

But we didn't kill anything in that group, but it still saved me to that instance. Didn't know that was how it worked.

Ryan_MSF

DK is currently sat at 93, think i'm gonna drag myself up to 100 through invasions one last time then i'm done with 6 100's ready to go into legion.

erawsd

More specifically, that is how pre-WoD raids work. I believe Mythic WoD still works that way (and so will Legion mythic), but Normal/Heroic now have "loot lockout" which means that you can run the raid as much as you want but you are only eligible for loot the first time you kill it.

Any tips for getting to Xermikol in Tanaan? I am Exalted with Order of the Awakened, but everytime i use the crystal it take me to some other random rare i already killed. I have the Jungle Stalker achievement.

Nere

So there is something in Legion that bothers me and think it is bad design choice from Blizzard. The thing is to unlock the much advertised world quests you have to reach friendly with all 5 factions of legion. Each of these 5 factions are in one of the 5 zones, so 1 faction per zone.

The thing is if you do everything in a zone, from what I have heard, you need 2-2.5 zones to reach 110 level but that will leave you with 1-2 zones you haven't been into (lets exclude suramar) and have no reputation from the faction in that zone. So the suggested path in order to unlock the world quests is to only do the main quests in the zones and ignore the side quests so you visit as many zones as possible before you reach level 110.

I find that really bad design for people who like to 100% a zone before they move on, because they will unlock the world quests much later. Maybe everything I say is wrong and someone who leveled fully in the beta can confirm if getting friendly with all the factions is a piss easy thing to do. I had beta but didn't leveled because I didn't want to spoil things, so maybe I am wrong.

I realised that I need some gear from invasions so instead im leeching on them and lvling skinning in those zones:D Hopefully skinning can be to some use after getting the starter gear too.

Sarcasm

Yeah I've been doing that. And the Anglers' dailies (though I'm already exalted and have the Water Strider), and the capital city daily too.

Capital city? Which?

I wonder why they haven't put a option in to purchase a profession boost for $20 or $30 yet considering you get it with 100 boost.

You only get a profession boost of you level to 60 or higher first.

So there is something in Legion that bothers me and think it is bad design choice from Blizzard. The thing is to unlock the much advertised you have to reach friendly with all 5 factions of legion. Each of these 5 factions are in one of the 5 zones, so 1 faction per zone.

The thing is if you do everything in a zone, from what I have heard, you need 2-2.5 zones to reach 110 level but that will leave you with 1-2 zones you haven't been into (lets exclude suramar) and have no reputation from the faction in that zone. So the suggested path in order to unlock the world quests is to only do the main quests in the zones and ignore the side quests so you visit as many zones as possible before you reach level 110.

I find that really bad design for people who like to 100% a zone before they move on, because they will unlock the world quests much later. Maybe everything I say is wrong and someone who leveled fully in the beta can confirm if getting friendly with all the factions is a piss easy thing to do. I had beta but didn't leveled because I didn't want to spoil things, so maybe I am wrong.

I haven't heard of getting no rep from quests at max level. They sure didn't do this in WoD as I resubbed like 24 days ago. I hit 100 when I got into the third zone barely. Then i finished all the zones and still got rep.

Can you do me a favor and link where got read that?

Okay reread and I misunderstood. You all get rep, but if you do one zone you lag behind people who are rushing, is that what yea saying? If so you will lag behind. Like me heh.

taimoorh

Guys what kind of frame rates you getting in the Legion invasion events?

I'm in Kharanos, Dun Morogh, standing on the hill top overlooking the valley behind and anytime a large demon appears there's about 40ish people throwing spells and shit.

The effects go so crazy my fps goes down to 38-42fps. Without all that it'll be around 130+.

My system setup is i7-6700/16gb ddr4/ GTX 1070FE. All settings at Ultra, except AA is FXAA High (not the crazier solutions) running Borderless Window with Triple-Frame Buffer.

I'll post a pic when I get home.

PS: I have noticed while flying that fps drops from 140+ to around 90ish as well (admittedly due to Draw Distance set to full). Anyone else experienced similar performance drops?

Nere

I haven't heard of getting no rep from quests at max level. They sure didn't do this in WoD as I resubbed like 24 days ago. I hit 100 when I got into the third zone barely. Then i finished all the zones and still got rep.

Can you do me a favor and link where got read that?

I didn't said you don't get rep at max level, you misunderstood me. I said that since you need friendly with all factions to unlock world quests and since the factions are spread across the zones it is discouraged to finish 100% the zones while leveling and it is encouraged to rush the content.

erawsd

So there is something in Legion that bothers me and think it is bad design choice from Blizzard. The thing is to unlock the much advertised you have to reach friendly with all 5 factions of legion. Each of these 5 factions are in one of the 5 zones, so 1 faction per zone.

Yeah, I agree with you. I like doing 100% of a zone before I move on and its the big reason I love the introduction of level scaling but this world quest requirement undermines that. From what I've read the problem is that profession quests and the final dungeon quests give ridiculous amounts of exp, so if you keep up with those you end up hitting 110 in just 2 zones.

Zelias

Banned
Capital city? Which?
For Horde there's a fishing daily quest in Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff and Undercity. I assume for Alliance it would be Stormwind, Ironforge and Darnassus but couldn't say 100%. You can only do one quest per day (no going from Org to TB to Undercity to do all three quests), but it does give a +1 to fishing skill and is usually pretty simple.

Less efficient than simply fishing to get that skill point but it does break the monotony.

Top Bottom