• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Nere

It does when it moves to Broken Isles.

Orgrimmar/Stormwind
Thunderbluff/Ironforge
Undercity/Darnassus
Silvermoon/Exodar
Shattrath
Karazhan
Wyrmrest Temple
Dalaran Crater
Caverns of Time

But I think the one over Kara has just Stormwind/Orgrimmar.

It has these Wyrmrest Temple, Dalaran Crater, Caverns of Time but no pandaria or ashran portals? (Not that anyone would want to go to Draenor again but just wondering)

Also it would be fun if there was a portal in the new dalaran transporting you to the old Dalaran:D

lazygecko

People keep saying fire mage is great now. It's okay I guess, but I'm not really feeling it.

The most fun I ever had with fire mage was during Cataclysm with the way you stacked and spread DoTs, alongside some pyroblast burst from shatter builds. There wasn't any cap in place on how many targets you could spread your DoTs to either, which made large scale PvP especially fun. I literally killed 5 people at once who were hugging a flag in Arathi Basin (you basically need the stars to align while setting up the perfect shatter DoT crit with all your damage cooldowns active, spread with flame blast and then spam blizzard on top of all that). And that's not even getting into the sheer insanity which was the tightly packed crowds in Tol Barad where you could rack up millions of damage in an instant.

They basically hard-countered frost mages in Cata as well which were regarded as the fotm choice for arenas, so I had plenty of fun toying around with the constant frost mage encounters in 2v2.

Nere

People keep saying fire mage is great now. It's okay I guess, but I'm not really feeling it.

The most fun I ever had with fire mage was during Cataclysm with the way you stacked and spread DoTs, alongside some pyroblast burst from shatter builds. There wasn't any cap in place on how many targets you could spread your DoTs to either, which made large scale PvP especially fun. I literally killed 5 people at once who were hugging a flag in Arathi Basin (you basically need the stars to align while setting up the perfect shatter DoT crit with all your damage cooldowns active, spread with flame blast and then spam blizzard on top of all that). And that's not even getting into the sheer insanity which was the tightly packed crowds in Tol Barad where you could rack up millions of damage in an instant.

They basically hard-countered frost mages in Cata as well which were regarded as the fotm choice for arenas, so I had plenty of fun toying around with the constant frost mage encounters in 2v2.

I agree with you. I think the signature of the spec was combustion. The whole spec was built around trying to get the perfect combustion and then spread it. Most times this didn't happen but the times when you got a huge combustion and spread it and saw those huge numbers that was what made the spec fun. With Legion they took the easy approach and made combustion a simple boring dps increase cooldown, with that change they took away what made the spec fun for me.

Tarazet

Yeah, I agree with you. I like doing 100% of a zone before I move on and its the big reason I love the introduction of level scaling but this world quest requirement undermines that. From what I've read the problem is that profession quests and the final dungeon quests give ridiculous amounts of exp, so if you keep up with those you end up hitting 110 in just 2 zones.

It's not really bad to be overleveled for the zone that you're doing, it goes much faster. Your character's level hasn't been the real measure of progress since Vanilla, anyway.

lazygecko

I've stressed out my hands too much at this point for another invasion leveling boost, so I've decided to just pay for a 100 alliance character. Now I simply can't decide whether I want a dwarf or draenei paladin.

Slutmog farming is the real MvP

My shaman is sort of in slutmog mode at the moment.

shammogifkzn.png

I just really like this foundation of helm, chest+legs+gloves+boots (Ancient chest + Lord's everything else) since it goes really well with a huge variety of shoulder and belt setups. Usually I have the Brawler's Harness shirt underneath (so glad I got that one before they became BoE greens) and the Warsong belt. Love that belt from the front, but from the back it looks like a freakin diaper so I usually cover that up with a cape.

warsongmog21aj6j.jpg

Already scouted bunch of Legion pieces that work really well with this setup. Especially shoulderpads look really cool in Legion.

M.D

So, apparently Engineering is super fast and cheap to level up.
I'm going to do LW+Skinning for the Rogue, and if I happen to main it and miss Engineering I'm just gonna ditch it and level up Engineering instead.

Tarazet

So, apparently Engineering is super fast and cheap to level up.
I'm going to do LW+Skinning for the Rogue, and if I happen to main it and miss Engineering I'm just gonna ditch it and level up Engineering instead.

I just made a bunch of Shieldtronic Shields and gave them to all my toons to use on every pull. They are godly. Mecha-Blast Rockets work too.

Wunder

Separately, I've gotten into the habit of queueing as DPS but actually healing when I do Archimonde. It just makes it easier. 5 healers really isn't enough when most of them are going to be alt #8 doing their first instance ever.

God, I've met a handful of people who do the opposite. They queue as healer and are just caster DPS. I whispered a couple and they just laughed and said "who cares? its lfr". I mean yeah it doesn't matter now when everyone outgears everything but man, can you imagine that mentality at launch?

Lomax

Nope, its one of, if not the, easiest hidden skins to get.

The whole "its so people who hate guns can use a bow" thing is a bit odd to me since, y'know, transmog already exists, but eh.

Not to mention every other class with this complaint got a resounding "so what" as an answer.

Tecnniqe

Banned
My shaman is sort of in slutmog mode at the moment.

shammogifkzn.png

I just really like this foundation of helm, chest+legs+gloves+boots (Ancient chest + Lord's everything else) since it goes really well with a huge variety of shoulder and belt setups. Usually I have the Brawler's Harness shirt underneath (so glad I got that one before they became BoE greens) and the Warsong belt. Love that belt from the front, but from the back it looks like a freakin diaper so I usually cover that up with a cape.

warsongmog21aj6j.jpg

Already scouted bunch of Legion pieces that work really well with this setup. Especially shoulderpads look really cool in Legion.
Thats a nice slutmog :D

I'm having a hard time making a proper Leather Slutmog but so far its not too bad for my "living off the land" thing.
QjrEr8b.png

Plate got the best Slutmog and its sad :(

Eric WK

So there is something in Legion that bothers me and think it is bad design choice from Blizzard. The thing is to unlock the much advertised world quests you have to reach friendly with all 5 factions of legion. Each of these 5 factions are in one of the 5 zones, so 1 faction per zone.

The thing is if you do everything in a zone, from what I have heard, you need 2-2.5 zones to reach 110 level but that will leave you with 1-2 zones you haven't been into (lets exclude suramar) and have no reputation from the faction in that zone. So the suggested path in order to unlock the world quests is to only do the main quests in the zones and ignore the side quests so you visit as many zones as possible before you reach level 110.

I find that really bad design for people who like to 100% a zone before they move on, because they will unlock the world quests much later. Maybe everything I say is wrong and someone who leveled fully in the beta can confirm if getting friendly with all the factions is a piss easy thing to do. I had beta but didn't leveled because I didn't want to spoil things, so maybe I am wrong.

Many people suggest holding off on world quests until your ilevel is a little higher anyway, because the rewards scale. I'm sure you'll be fine doing the zones however you like.

Son1x

Many people suggest holding off on world quests until your ilevel is a little higher anyway, because the rewards scale. I'm sure you'll be fine doing the zones however you like.

Can you do each world quest only once? Or are they like dailies?

Lomax

It's funny people bother asking for new slutmog pieces since basically every one that exists is from vanilla or bc. I'm actually surprised they even allowed them to be transmogs in the first place. Though they did nerf the assless pants.

Raxious

Still thinking about playing either Guardian Druid or Blood DK. I enjoyed tanking during the previous expansions but never did any tanking in a raid. Even now I noticed I switched to Balance spec on my Druid ( current main ) for things like Kazzak and raids.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's funny people bother asking for new slutmog pieces since basically every one that exists is from vanilla or bc. I'm actually surprised they even allowed them to be transmogs in the first place. Though they did nerf the assless pants.

It because the model quality on Slutmog from pre WotLK looks like shit for the most part. We could do with some more HQ Slutmog models :3

I don't see why they wont allow it.

It has these Wyrmrest Temple, Dalaran Crater, Caverns of Time but no pandaria or ashran portals? (Not that anyone would want to go to Draenor again but just wondering)

Also it would be fun if there was a portal in the new dalaran transporting you to the old Dalaran:D

Well to get to Draenor you would just use your Garrison Hearth as it still exists but yeah no Pandaria is kind of weird. I guess you could just go to SW/Org and use the portal there.

Zelias

Banned
So, what happens when Legion actually launches? Should I park my character in Dalaran over Karazhan or do I automatically get a quest or teleport item to the Broken Isles?

Tacitus_

So, what happens when Legion actually launches? Should I park my character in Dalaran over Karazhan or do I automatically get a quest or teleport item to the Broken Isles?

Uh, on the beta you had a quest to go to Dalaran and talk to Khadgar. Then you get a cutscene of them teleporting Dalaran and you start your artifact chain shortly after turning the quest in. Shouldn't be too different on live.

Tecnniqe

Banned
People tend to frown on mail bikinis these days.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Code:
[IMG]http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u616/Jhuenbeman83/Val_Mog_zpsfdf5c883.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e35/11348414_1605631183019204_394284272_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTAyMDQ0Mjc3NjAxNTU2OTkyOQ%3D%3D.2[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKyuScUW8AA4iWx.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]http://67.media.tumblr.com/39b72da99be02a69a0a2c532054a858b/tumblr_mw7e9u5Fbg1rv1ue6o1_500.png[/IMG]

We need some better male slutmogs too. HQ texture slutmogs for everyone! Make it happen Blizzard!
Slutmog is important for my economy in the game :D What else is there to farm!?

Hixx

Man, the port to Dalaran is the only time I'm really seeing a server bottleneck on launch. Everybody spreads out after that, all over Azeroth and into scenarios for an hour or so before spreading out on the Broken Isles. But those very first moments...

Tecnniqe

Banned
Man, the port to Dalaran is the only time I'm really seeing a server bottleneck on launch. Everybody spreads out after that, all over Azeroth and into scenarios for an hour or so before spreading out on the Broken Isles. But those very first moments...

Ahh yes,

fOTAa3Y.png

Tacitus_

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We need some better male slutmogs too. HQ texture slutmogs for everyone! Make it happen Blizzard!
Slutmog is important for my economy in the game :D What else is there to farm!?

I don't personally care whether there are mail bikinis or not, but the industry is slowly dropping them. I wouldn't hold my breath for new stuff.

th3dude

How am I expected to play my Paladin, which is my favorite class and main, after experiencing the mobility of the DH last night?

Got to 100 from the starting quests and wow is that mobility addicting.

As a person that lives to go around the world and farm gd, achievements, and mounts, I may have found a new main. Will shave lots of time off farming runs.

lazygecko

How am I expected to play my Paladin, which is my favorite class and main, after experiencing the mobility of the DH last night?

Got to 100 from the starting quests and wow is that mobility addicting.

As a person that lives to go around the world and farm gd, achievements, and mounts, I may have found a new main. Will shave lots of time off farming runs.

Use the double mount boost talent for that stuff.

Lomax

It because the model quality on Slutmog from pre WotLK looks like shit for the most part. We could do with some more HQ Slutmog models :3

I don't see why they wont allow it.

Oh I'm not against it, plenty of my characters use slutmog style outfits, it's just that it's clear that Blizzard doesn't design that way any more, so thinking they'd ever consider doing new ones isn't very realistic.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't personally care whether there are mail bikinis or not, but the industry is slowly dropping them. I wouldn't hold my breath for new stuff.

Oh I'm not against it, plenty of my characters use slutmog style outfits, it's just that it's clear that Blizzard doesn't design that way any more, so thinking they'd ever consider doing new ones isn't very realistic.
True true. However Alexstrasza got the GOAT transmog.

I always wanted that replica, looks dope.
Thanks for the reminders of why I don't like to play female characters in this game.
Because of Slutmogs? They exist for males too :p
When was this? Cata launch?

Shutdown of a vanilla legacy realm. But launch day at least in previous expansions was dope. 5FPS hype!
Code:
[IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/CommandoCZ/WoWScrnShot_041016_230734_zpsprmjdnrm.jpg[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ADxRDqd.jpg[/IMG]

Meguro

Banned
Now that it's only like 2 days away I'm getting really excited to do stuff in Legion.

Gonna take my time to admire the scenery and level professions.
Gotta go park my Shaman in Dalaran first though.

Tecnniqe

Banned
5 hours profession hypu
kruYZbB.png

Not sure where to go from here but probably not worth going after the last 50 levels since legion is probably gonna level those pretty quick.

Robin64

Though I would suggest not letting Emissary bonuses expire. They're up for three days, but once they start rotating out you're going to be throwing easy rep away.

Profession World Quests, too, no reason to not go do those.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The official Defias set has a red face-scarf but it was a grey item that you can't actually use (since you didn't get head or shoulder items until way later in the game).

Zelias

Banned
I wonder if, with the new wardrobe system, Blizzard plan on releasing in some form some of the recolours of old gear that never got released. There's a blue/black version of the Paladin tier 12 and it is one of my favourite sets in the game, but you can't get it :/

Top Bottom