• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lomax

A couple hours? That's insane. Are you using an XP booster. I know it's fast with invasions but 1-70 in 2-3 hours?!

I did 1-60 in under 4 hours total yesterday without really trying that hard, I had full heirlooms though. It's definitely insanely fast and awesome.

Magnus

I did 1-60 in under 4 hours total yesterday without really trying that hard, I had full heirlooms though. It's definitely insanely fast and awesome.

How? With Recruit a Friend and/or some kind of potion boost? Invasions provide lots of XP but not that much.

Lomax

How? With Recruit a Friend and/or some kind of potion boost? Invasions provide lots of XP but not that much.

Just full heirlooms, and joining and leaving after phase 2 (in Westfall I'd usually kill a couple more named mobs in phase 3 and then reset). It really does give that much xp, but you have to kill/tag stuff, not just afk. If you're basing your assessment on the xp it was giving a week or two ago, it has been changed since then, the xp comes mostly from mobs, not from finishing phases. Just go try it, you'll be shocked how fast it is. Join a group when the invasion starts, log out after phase 2, repeat.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I still got the best transmog set

1zrSGqQ.png

tumblr_lnqjrpYpqr1qaov6u.gif

Well 700 skinning now, can't be bothered getting my Leather-working up to 700 :D

So if Legion actually launches tonight then that means the moose disappears then too, yes?

moose turns into like a 1% drop dont it? But yes, once Legion launch its "gone".

Raxious

Decided to go with an unholy DK. Finally picked a main ^^'

Now I only need to come up with professions, I currently have Mining / JC, not high lvl though so i'll be leveling that as much as possible tomorrow. I'm guessing I'll be fine with those professions?

aka_bueno

Guys what kind of frame rates you getting in the Legion invasion events?

I'm in Kharanos, Dun Morogh, standing on the hill top overlooking the valley behind and anytime a large demon appears there's about 40ish people throwing spells and shit.

The effects go so crazy my fps goes down to 38-42fps. Without all that it'll be around 130+.

My system setup is i7-6700/16gb ddr4/ GTX 1070FE. All settings at Ultra, except AA is FXAA High (not the crazier solutions) running Borderless Window with Triple-Frame Buffer.

I'll post a pic when I get home.

PS: I have noticed while flying that fps drops from 140+ to around 90ish as well (admittedly due to Draw Distance set to full). Anyone else experienced similar performance drops?

There's gotta be like one setting you can drop a level or two that will dramatically improve the drop in frame rates when that happens with so many people throwing spells. Maybe effect density?

What resolution are you playing at?

I just ordered some parts for a new build and want to keep it at 60fps at all times so that's why I ask. i7 6700. 16GB DDR4 2400. GTX 1060 6GB. Intel M.2 SSD. I'll be playing at 1080p.

Zelias

Banned
Decided to go with an unholy DK. Finally picked a main ^^'
Think I'm going DK too. Gonna be Frost though and maintain Unholy as an offspec. Not really into tanking so I probably won't put much effort into Blood.

Now the choice is for my main alt... currently it's between Priest and Shaman. Can heal on both (Holy Priest was my main a few xpacs ago). Really like both Shadow and Ele, so hard choice.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Made a lot of money leveling my Skinning today. 0-700 and that + some raids I've made like 40-50k gold :3

Why didn't I do this before 3:

Magnus

Just full heirlooms, and joining and leaving after phase 2 (in Westfall I'd usually kill a couple more named mobs in phase 3 and then reset). It really does give that much xp, but you have to kill/tag stuff, not just afk. If you're basing your assessment on the xp it was giving a week or two ago, it has been changed since then, the xp comes mostly from mobs, not from finishing phases. Just go try it, you'll be shocked how fast it is. Join a group when the invasion starts, log out after phase 2, repeat.

I was doing that on my rogue in Kharanos invasions. Full heirlooms except the ring, and was getting about one level per Phase 1+2....which was fast yeah, but it took like 5-10 minutes. So maybe 10 levels an hour? But then I imagined it wouldn't scale as wel in higher levels, since it takes like 2 invasions (Phase 1/2) in the 60's to get a level.

That's cool that it's that fast. I couldn't do that for four hours though lol. Invasions kill my brain after about 30 mins.

Xeteh

I'm curious how much the profession quests matter while leveling. I've seen plenty of people mention you should be doing them as you level but I was planning on going Herb/Mining until 110 for the gold and because I'm not really sure what professions to go on my DH.

Made a lot of money leveling my Skinning today. 0-700 and that + some raids I've made like 40-50k gold :3

Why didn't I do this before 3:

From what?

Invasion XP: Is there a point where it becomes more productive to go questing?

I rolled alliance on a friends server for my return to WoW with Legion... I planned to main a Demon Hunter but of course, on a new server that means I had to have a lvl 70+. So I made a feral druid and did solely invasions from 10 - 70 (took about 8 hours).

My plan was to then go and make my DH, but if I had read better I would have realized I can't do that without Legion pre ordered. I can't pre order because I already purchased the CE way back in December and it probably doesn't even ship until Tuesday.

So I figured, may as well get this Druid to 100, who knows maybe I'll even go back to it. Hence the question: at some point between 70 and 100 is it better to just start questing then it is to grind demons? Or should I just do that all the way to 100?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm curious how much the profession quests matter while leveling. I've seen plenty of people mention you should be doing them as you level but I was planning on going Herb/Mining until 110 for the gold and because I'm not really sure what professions to go on my DH.

From what?

Sumptuous Fur and Raw Beast Hide for the most part from skinning.

They sell for tons on AH, at least earlier today.
So while leveling skinning from nothing to 700 I sold everything I didn't need which netted me a buttload of cash + some drops and raid BoE's and whatnot I sold.

carlsojo

I rolled alliance on a friends server for my return to WoW with Legion... I planned to main a Demon Hunter but of course, on a new server that means I had to have a lvl 70+. So I made a feral druid and did solely invasions from 10 - 70 (took about 8 hours).

My plan was to then go and make my DH, but if I had read better I would have realized I can't do that without Legion pre ordered. I can't pre order because I already purchased the CE way back in December and it probably doesn't even ship until Tuesday.

So I figured, may as well get this Druid to 100, who knows maybe I'll even go back to it. Hence the question: at some point between 70 and 100 is it better to just start questing then it is to grind demons? Or should I just do that all the way to 100?

It is never more productive to stop doing Invasions unless you are burned out by said invasions and want to break up the monotony.

antonz

I would just stay doing invasions. I rolled a druid out of opportunity myself starting last week when the invasions were much farther apart. So I would level in between. Now with them being almost up constantly worth just staying with them

Xeteh

Sumptuous Fur and Raw Beast Hide for the most part from skinning.

They sell for tons on AH, at least earlier today.
So while leveling skinning from nothing to 700 I sold everything I didn't need which netted me a buttload of cash + some drops and raid BoE's and whatnot I sold.

That is crazy, I wish I had thought to do something like that this last week. I doubt there's much reason to with only two days left.

It is never more productive to stop doing Invasions unless you are burned out by said invasions and want to break up the monotony.

I would just stay doing invasions. I rolled a druid out of opportunity myself starting last week when the invasions were much farther apart. So I would level in between. Now with them being almost up constantly worth just staying with them

Okay... will do, thanks! For 69-70 I was gifted one of those 300% XP potions, I'll see if I can pick a couple of more up. Combined with a full heirloom set it was quite something to get near 120, 000 XP for killing a boss and finishing the wave ;)

taimoorh

There's gotta be like one setting you can drop a level or two that will dramatically improve the drop in frame rates when that happens with so many people throwing spells. Maybe effect density?

What resolution are you playing at?

I just ordered some parts for a new build and want to keep it at 60fps at all times so that's why I ask. i7 6700. 16GB DDR4 2400. GTX 1060 6GB. Intel M.2 SSD. I'll be playing at 1080p.

I'm running 1080p 144hz

Normal fps...is apparently lower than I thought :(

JtcmeUt.jpg

With full spells and everyone assaulting one guy

O9iXbtx.jpg

General Graphics Settings

xcp9xDi.jpg

Advanced Settings

IZkK59d.jpg

Is anyone getting similar performance?
Recap: i7-6700/ 16gb ddr4/ gtx 1070FE

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm running 1080p 144hz

Normal fps...is apparently lower than I thought :(

JtcmeUt.jpg

With full spells and everyone assaulting one guy

O9iXbtx.jpg

General Graphics Settings

xcp9xDi.jpg

Advanced Settings

IZkK59d.jpg

Is anyone getting similar performance?
Recap: i7-6700/ 16gb ddr4/ gtx 1070FE

yeah, from what i understand the game isn't very good at distributing workloads across more than one CPU core (and maybe it has to be like that because it's an MMO?). so it's actually very difficult to get amazing fps when the shit hits the fan.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Just resubbed and purchased legion. What's up with demon invasions? Just sit in say westfall during an invasion and profit for xp?

Follow the group and hit the demons for shards + exp (if you need that). You also get loot boxes (700-720 gear) 2 times per invasion if you complete them.

vocab

Performance in this game barely gets better with better hardware. Everyone gets that low fps in big raids. Anyone who says they get 100 during that shit is lying.

Borderless windowmode cuts performance in general especially with wow.

Also shadow quality shouldnt be that high. That shit is always demanding.

mclem

Doing my bag clearout for the expansion: What's the most profitable thing to convert Primal Spirit into these days? Just Blood -> Gold Bag, or is there a better option?

Edit: Same with Felblight and the various Sorcerous items.

Top Bottom