• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have come to the conclusion I cba doing old raids just for mounts. I was super hot on them when I was doing my transmog runs, but when that dried up, I really cant force myself to do it. I mean, theres the gold also I guess, but...yeah. Might just be Legion around the corner also and I really cant be bothered doing other stuff now

carlsojo

I have come to the conclusion I cba doing old raids just for mounts. I was super hot on them when I was doing my transmog runs, but when that dried up, I really cant force myself to do it. I mean, theres the gold also I guess, but...yeah. Might just be Legion around the corner also and I really cant be bothered doing other stuff now

Yeah I did dragon soul for a couple weeks and hoo boy I burned out fast.

Actual Legion? None. There are a couple pre expansion quests that won't be offered automatically once Legion launches.

The ones where you have to stop a demon invasion and go to Dalaran and mess with anomalies etc?

Edit: is the anomalies quest the last one? Looked like it ended there ?

Xando

Finally decided i'm gonna main my mage.

Want to have a tank as my second char. What do you guys say paladin or warrior?

cdyhybrid

The ones where you have to stop a demon invasion and go to Dalaran and mess with anomalies etc?

Edit: is the anomalies quest the last one? Looked like it ended there ?

Yeah, I believe that's the end. The one that ends with Khadgar and the rest of the Council channeling a spell in the center of Dalaran.

Finally decided i'm gonna main my mage.

Want to have a tank as my second char. What do you guys say paladin or warrior?

Warrior tanks are stronger and have the more varied/powerful DPS specs, I believe, but Paladins can also heal.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what if I bought that game store bat mount?

how dirty would I feel? :/

Xeteh

I've just been doing it for the gold because I recently came back and have been pretty broke, the mounts/transmogs are just a bonus.

Its up to you, there's some cool shit in there I just can't get over Blizzard's insane pricing. Heroes of the Storm is the exact same way.

My friends and I are all convincing ourselves to get into WoW to kill time in between classes and downtime, we've already figured out setting up RAF for all of us, however are there any addons you guys recommend for beginners?

Basically the issue we're finding is that after about an hour of quests we're just kinda lost with no idea of where else to go or what direction to head in.

This is really my first time diving into a non-fresh mmo and I feel pretty lost

Shahadan

My friends and I are all convincing ourselves to get into WoW to kill time in between classes and downtime, we've already figured out setting up RAF for all of us, however are there any addons you guys recommend for beginners?

Basically the issue we're finding is that after about an hour of quests we're just kinda lost with no idea of where else to go or what direction to head in.

The adventurer's guide could help you start quests to get into a zone appropriate for your level, otherwise just look at the level requirements for zones on the world map.
But at this point you should just be doing the demon invasions for mad xp and catch up with current level.

Your current exp gain is far too much to keep up with quests for now. So invasions until Legion launch is the best thing to do, and dungeons after that.

Xeteh

Not sure on the mods but if you press Shift+J to bring up the Adventure Guide (there's also a button on the mini-menu) it'll show you the areas it suggests for your level.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Dreadleather set looks pretty slick imo
2kmwzfR.png

DwWXLiS.png

Rhaknar

why do some bosses in 25m heroics drop 3 tier peices and others only drop 2? fuck that noise

Pretty dirty since you're not going to be able to fly with it in Legion for a while. ;(

I was actually forgeting that part, thanks

I tried checking out the Adventurer's guide and it said that features not available to me yet :(
Right now I'm running a Human Mage lvl 7 so I don't know if i'm not in it far enough

Zelias

Banned
I tried checking out the Adventurer's guide and it said that features not available to me yet :(
Right now I'm running a Human Mage lvl 7 so I don't know if i'm not in it far enough
If you're level 7 you should still have quests to do in Elwynn Forest. Not sure when exactly the Adventure Guide unlocks. Level 10 maybe?

Shahadan

Not sure why you're lost then :lol:
Quests will send you wherever you need to go and you shouldn't have missed any yet. Did they send you to goldshire?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is this for first time playing wow?

The quest chain should lead you to wherever you're supposed to go.

Edit; totally missed your post above this

As for addons I really like https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/gw2-ui + https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/bagnon to start off with.

First one is a total conversion of the UI but it worked really well for me. I quite like it but its not essential as the default UI is pretty good now.

I made this in paint and if i recall Human starter zone you should go something like this when doing the quests
uAov9ys.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Question, can I sell/delete all my old gear that I had in my bank for transmog? Since it's all in my transmog menu now?

Rokam

Any fellow Ret's decided on whether or not they're going to take the Short, long, or Short + Pool path for their artifact yet? I'd assume as a non cutting edge player that the short path should be what I do.

I don't know how often it is, I'm assuming yearly, but the store mounts tend to get half off sales occasionally. I bought three the last time they did so. I kind of felt bad at the time but after enough time passes it feels wonderful.

Here's the most recent sale: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/11944163

And by the looks of it they tend to do it around the start of Winter Veil.

Xeteh

I still can't decide if I should go double gathering at the start of Legion or if the profession quests matter while leveling.

Entropia

No One Remembers
"Haven't played since they introduced lol Kung fu pandas. Btw does anyone else think Ulduar was the best raid?"

PS I hope OT 9 is RAISE YOUR EYES TO THE SKIES AND OBSERVE!

Laughing at both of these statements. Mostly because the first one is so true, and because the second one is a fantastic suggestion.

Question, can I sell/delete all my old gear that I had in my bank for transmog? Since it's all in my transmog menu now?

Yup. Clear out your banks bud.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
A lot of Legion leather gear is like that so Demon Hunters can show off their body tattoos. This particular DH doesn't have any though, for some stupid reason.
Blizzard should really not have allowed players to make pristine looking demon hunters. Just feel so dissonant with the lore. The people going blood elf seem especially terrible about this.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Sooo is it too late to get Pepe and the Transdimensional bird whistle?

I don't think it's possible for that too be 'too late'

EDIT: As far as I know, it's not going away. But yeah I could see it being a biut harder to get when people move onto Legion content.

carlsojo

I don't think it's possible for that too be 'too late'

EDIT: As far as I know, it's not going away. But yeah I could see it being a biut harder to get when people move onto Legion content.

Yeah maybe I'll see if I can grind it out real quick in like.. a day.

Top Bottom