• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How long, on average, are the Artifact quest lines, and do you get them (the quests) as soon as you step into Legion?

Strimei

How long, on average, are the Artifact quest lines, and do you get them (the quests) as soon as you step into Legion?

Not too long at all, hour at most maybe, depending (probably closer to half an hour on average).

Basically after you do the Broken Shore (or skip it once you've done it once on one character) and get to Dalaran (there's a few in-between things for the pre-patch, after launch it'll be straight there after the aftermath), you'll get your quest somewhere there. As I recall you're pretty much told "go walk around Dalaran, you may find something worthwhile" and you'll find the quest along the way. Some have NPCs that walk up to you/fly down to you, others you see right away, etc.

Azzurri

Affic Lock is SO OP right now it's funny. I got on mine and jumped in to some BG's I was Top dmg in all but 1 out of 5 along with most kills. Unless I was focused by 3 or more I could not die. It's a lot of fun being so OP right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Need to stop watching artifact videos on youtube, they are outdated and then I look at wow head calculator and all the talents are different and less fun :(

Case in point, demo locks artifact used to have a talent to have a third felstalker come out, and a talent that made hand of guldan have a chance to spawn double the amount of imps :(

frontovik

Banned
Ah okay, thank you for the clarification.

I've barley invested any time into Garrison, so I'm not quite sure on its details.

I just realized how Hearthstone knew things before Legion was announced

Tirion dies and you get the Ashbringer

I will always regret not doing Naxx40 runs during TBC for Corrupted Ashbringer :(

Rhaknar

All the artifact videos I see only show 4 weapon variations, but ive seen 5 for all the weapons (hell even the trailer when it was announced showed 5 different ashbringers), whats that about?

Strimei

All the artifact videos I see only show 4 weapon variations, but ive seen 5 for all the weapons (hell even the trailer when it was announced showed 5 different ashbringers), whats that about?

There are four "shown" variants.

The base, the "upgraded" one, one you get from raiding and similar, and the fourth one is PVP. (They're shown in this order too, from top to bottom)

The fifth one is a "hidden" one, each artifact gets one. How you unlock it varies wildly. For example, for the BM hidden skin, which is a gnomish bow thing, you
simply buy the schematic from the vendor in the engineering building in new-Dalaran
. For, say, the Disc Priest one, you
have to find like 12 tomes scattered across Azeroth
. And so forth. Some still haven't been found (to my knowledge, Arcane Mage's Aluneth and Ret Paladin's Ashbringer ones are still unknown). (Aluneth's hidden variant is apparently one of the hardest to figure out according to the devs, too)

After unlocking the initial one, the other three color variants of that variant are unlocked by doing a number of world quests with it equipped, a lot of dungeon runs with it equipped, and...player kills with it equipped I think?

Rhaknar

One of them is a PVP variation

The pvp variation is one of the 4th that videos show

There are four "shown" variants.

The base, the "upgraded" one, one you get from raiding and similar, and the fourth one is PVP. (They're shown in this order too, from top to bottom)

The fifth one is a "hidden" one, each artifact gets one. How you unlock it varies wildly. For example, for the BM hidden skin, which is a gnomish bow thing, you
simply buy the schematic from the vendor in the engineering building in new-Dalaran
. For, say, the Disc Priest one, you
have to find like 12 tomes scattered across Azeroth
. And so forth. Some still haven't been found (to my knowledge, Arcane Mage's Aluneth and Ret Paladin's Ashbringer ones are still unknown). (Aluneth's hidden variant is apparently one of the hardest to figure out according to the devs, too)

After unlocking the initial one, the other three color variants of that variant are unlocked by doing a number of world quests with it equipped, a lot of dungeon runs with it equipped, and...player kills with it equipped I think?

I see, that is super neat.

Strimei

I see, that is super neat.

Yup, its pretty interesting to do it.

There's also another skin for many of the artifacts that is in the files, but isn't used (for example, Aluneth has a Kirin Tor-like skin). I would imagine those'll be in a later patch (I need that Kirin Tor skin...)

Anyway, Here's a pretty good list of the locations of many known ones. Be aware since its on the beta forum, it may eventually be wiped, so best to copy down if you want to keep it.

Also it may change at any time too, of course, but this thread's a bit over a month old so its fairly recent.

Hey guys. Quick question. I'm trying to help my guild get the Galakras mount achievements. I know Klaxxi has to be repeated. What's the best way to get a kick out that we can reuse for the next few weeks? Should I just bring an alt and we kill up to the Klaxxi, then ... What do we do? Lol Do we disband the group, does my alt pass leader to someone else and then we kill the boss thus leaving the lockout on my alt? If anybody can help clarify I would appreciate it.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Finally got a chance to sit down and try Ret. Just feels.....clunky, I guess?

Inquisition was something that a lot of people hated (personally, was kind of in the middle of both camps), yet they redesign judgement into an even shorter variant?

And we're haste-oriented again, which is going to suck at the beginning of the xpac, then get crazy out of control at the end of it?

Sigh. Blessings being relevant are cool, though, and new animations are nice.

Still need to try outlaw for RtB, and Frost DK for some pvp.

Tenebrous

Inquisition was something that a lot of people hated (personally, was kind of in the middle of both camps), yet they redesign judgement into an even shorter variant?

And we're haste-oriented again, which is going to suck at the beginning of the xpac, then get crazy out of control at the end of it?

Pretty sure this is true for most melee right now - especially the tanks.

Rizzi

I don't know why I'm even bothering to level my garrison followers up. You can't get gold rewards anymore, and I won't get them high enough to do the missions that reward raid gear before Legion releases.

Tacitus_

Blizz claims that you'll reach the "this feels nice" breakpoint quickly at cap and the scaling will slow down after that. Who knows how it'll actually be.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Take a look at every artifact. Every class basically feels like they're missing something, its because it's the artifact really. I've wittled my choice down to dk or warrior basically, so taking a look at the artifact and which is more interesting will be a major factor.

On another note, was 4th on LFR archimonde as survival, not too shabby. 684 only and 3/33 tomes, doubt I can finish the quest though. Kinda weird how their mastery is pretty meh and bad.
If the artifacts changes are so big in regards to making them whole that's kinda bad game design.

Oh well.

Milennia

If the artifacts changes are so big in regards to making them whole that's kinda bad game design.

Oh well.

i mean, the legendary staff of firelands, legendary rings etc. were all part of making classes whole

not exactly new

the firelands staff in particular was required and the game was literally balanced around ranged that had it, this has been happening for a long time, also its pre patch which is 5 weeks long

if i were them i too would give less of a shit about balance for such a short period of time, when every single person will have their artifact at launch

this is a non issue

legendary items making a class whole is a problem, artifacts that everyone will have within 4 weeks of time as of this post, isnt.

there are however specific artifact traits that can take a while to get if you play casually that are required in a sense

but the balance is in such a place where if you arent on the bleeding edge you need not worry about such things, which is a problem a large portion of the community has trouble grasping

Rhaknar

huh the garrison report button now says "class hall report" heh

it didnt yesterday

Tecnniqe

Banned
i mean, the legendary staff of firelands, legendary rings etc. were all part of making classes whole

not exactly new

the firelands staff in particular was required and the game was literally balanced around ranged that had it, this has been happening for a long time, also its pre patch which is 5 weeks long

if i were them i too would give less of a shit about balance for such a short period of time, when every single person will have their artifact at launch

this is a non issue

legendary items making a class whole is a problem, artifacts that everyone will have within 4 weeks of time as of this post, isnt.

there are however specific artifact traits that can take a while to get if you play casually that are required in a sense

but the balance is in such a place where if you arent on the bleeding edge you need not worry about such things, which is a problem a large portion of the community has trouble grasping

The problem is not balance itself, but rather that you require players to have X item to feel "whole".

That means when you level from 1 to 100 you are playing a class that is not whole for a very long time.

If the artifacts add such a massive layer to how they play and feel during combat, they'll still feel weird and bland/broken/I don't even know how to explain it during leveling, which is crucial, in my eyes.

That is my issue with it and obviously just my feelings on the things, but its a issue I did not have before the pre-patch. I very much enjoyed a lot of the classes but I just can't anymore.

Dinjooh

Finally got the intro screen for our guild meeting up and running. Since armory was down I had to use the WoWhead model viewer instead - tedious work.

So we're meeting tonight for the first time in a year, and the plan is that while we're having some drinks and some appetizers, this will be running along with a 'Fantasy Music Ambient Mix' something, and after that there's a 60 slide presentation presented by our Guild Master as to our plans for Legion. Gonna be so fucking nerdy and I love it.

mFIgVLv.gif

And in 4K here

Milennia

The problem is not balance itself, but rather that you require players to have X item to feel "whole".

That means when you level from 1 to 100 you are playing a class that is not whole for a very long time.

If the artifacts add such a massive layer to how they play and feel during combat, they'll still feel weird and bland/broken/I don't even know how to explain it during leveling, which is crucial, in my eyes.

That is my issue with it and obviously just my feelings on the things, but its a issue I did not have before the pre-patch. I very much enjoyed a lot of the classes but I just can't anymore.

when you level 1-100 you were always not whole

you have literally half of your abilities until you get to rank 50 or so and then about a 3rd until you hit max, nothing has changed

then when you hit 100 you have everything, so its actually evne better than before, since you now have all of your abilities for 10 levels, where as previously you did not

you get your artifact at 100 after you do the intro quests and your artifact quest, then you get your final ability which is your artifact, just like every other expansion, except this time its better sinc eyou have everything at 100, echoing what i just mentioned

Rhaknar

you were never whole 1-100. You are REALLY splitting here

Micapo

Finally got the intro screen for our guild meeting up and running. Since armory was down I had to use the WoWhead model viewer instead - tedious work.

So we're meeting tonight for the first time in a year, and the plan is that while we're having some drinks and some appetizers, this will be running along with a 'Fantasy Music Ambient Mix' something, and after that there's a 60 slide presentation presented by our Guild Master as to our plans for Legion. Gonna be so fucking nerdy and I love it.

mFIgVLv.gif

And in 4K here

Pretty damn sweet. Well done and have fun tonight.

Tecnniqe

Banned
you were never whole 1-100. You are REALLY splitting here

No, before leveling up was pretty fun. Getting a new ability was exciting as it added more to it. It does not feel like that after the patch for some reason.

Leveling itself felt good and to me it's lost that. Its not so much about being whole during leveling, but feeling like you are becoming whole as you unlock new cool stuff.

I don't think theres much else for me to say on it, might just be very personal to me and how I feel the leveling has become if you take away the pre-patch stuff, but yeah.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tenebrous

As someone who leveled another druid a few months back, all I can say is leveling has been shit for a while. By level 16/18, I had Moonfire/Sunfire, Wrath, Starsurge, and Starfire. Went 60+ levels before getting my only other relevant ability (Starfall) while being unable to cast the majority of spells I already had - Why cast Starsurge/Starfire/Wrath when everything dies to Moonfire anyway?

Shit, it's not even a choice in dungeons. Trying to hardcast anything means you're gonna do nothing while Mr. Unenchanted BoA hunter still two shots everything.

Leveling has felt shit for ages.

Milennia

I think 7.0 did noting but just amplify it.

it didnt amplify anything, its the same, in fact some classes even get their bane (aoe abilities) even earlier.

classes changed and that happens each and every expansion, therefore abilities are different whilst leveling, im sure some of them are shit while leveling, many classes are always shit while leveling.

you used to go oom leveling as a shadow priest, for 2 straight expansions every priest just leveled as disc dps, this stuff just happens and always has.

Top Bottom