• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So, in theory, servers wont go down when Legion launches right? The quest will just pop up at 11pm (in my case) and off you go?

Thats how its been for the last couple of xpacs right?

Lomax

Its weird how weapons and armor works differently. Weapon, as long as you can equip it, it will unlock. Armor, it had to be your specific type even if you can equip it :/

For example, warriors can get and unlock off hand caster weapons, but not cloth armor even tho they can equip it

Well, they wanted it to be "fair" for each armor class, which just means screwing everyone basically. It really should unlock everything for everyone, the added restriction is just obnoxious. Especially I'm finding now with old quests it only unlocks by armor class. So I've done every class in the game on one character but I don't have the related unlocks because they just want to be arbitrarily restrictive. But hey, having to farm old instances on four different characters to get unlocks because they didn't drop at the right time is a fun use of time, right? And doing an old quest four times is just making good use of pre-existing content. Or something.

Also the level restrictions on xmogs are just dumb, like the invasion gear that I unlocked on my level 10 hunter, I can't use as xmog until level 98. Because... reasons?

Rösti;215294472 said:
Perhaps it has been posted before, but anyway this will be released on October 18:

wowhlxg7.png

Source: https://insighteditions.com/product/world-of-warcraft-the-official-cookbook/

I guess I need to travel to canada to learn cooking 300-345 .

Couleurs

So, in theory, servers wont go down when Legion launches right? The quest will just pop up at 11pm (in my case) and off you go?

Thats how its been for the last couple of xpacs right?

Yep. A message pops up saying that the expansion is live and a quest box pops up to send you on your way. WoD launched a few minutes late (in the US anyway), so it's always possible it happens again for Legion.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Even if Ret pallies wind up being kind of bad I still sort of want one around, as long as I'm the one they buff...
Heard they are pretty formidable in PvP after the last round of balance changes.

Azzurri

I'm not looking forward to leveling one bit, nope.

I feel sorry for people who have like 20+ level 100 alts. I'm onnly going for 3 right now, and maybe when the catch mechanic is higher I'll do another 1 or 2.

Also, it seems like having multiple alts this xpac won't be really doable because of the artifact even with the catch up mechanic, unless AK is account wide.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not looking forward to leveling in a new expansion is something I cant even try to understand :/

No offense.

Tenebrous

I'm not looking forward to leveling one bit, nope.

Same.

I went through it multiple times on the beta (twice to completion), and found the questing to be... Well, just questing. It's no major leap over WoD (which was very good), but it's definitely not a step backwards - It's just questing, and questing is zzzzz.

I've 48 hours to get two toons eligible for world quests. Hopefully I can do it in the first stint.

Not looking forward to leveling in a new expansion is something I cant even try to understand :/

No offense.

Questing is the 8 hours of bullshit between me & playing with my friends.

Xeteh

I'm more not looking forward to inevitably pushing back leveling my other character(s) because I should focus on one for a bit. I've been having so much fun doing random shit on my Orc Shaman that if it weren't for basically everything of mine being alliance including the few friends I still have playing WoW, I'd level it first.

Azzurri

No offense.

Because to me it's just a waste of time when 99% of the game is at level 110. What's the point of it? to see zones and new quest? I can do that at max level.

If the leveling took a long ass time or if the game was new then OK, but for me Iv'e seen 100's of times and feel like it's just a waste of time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will instance grinding be legit in Legion release? Or is it all about questing?

Tenebrous

You just said you already did it in beta tho

Yeah, true. I didn't rush it that much in the beta, but on live I'll be powering through it like a choo choo train.

After your daily dungeon, you're lucky to get more than 1 bar from a completed instance. It's absolute bullshit, but you wanna be doing quests anyway so you've the reputation required for World Quests at 110.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hm, I remember it going really fast in MoP. I guess they decided that they didn't want instance grinding to be a thing. That's a shame.

No. You basically need to complete every zone for reputation in order to unlock world quests which are a core part of Legion's endgame. Even if you could instance grind, it would be dumb to, as you'd have to do the quests anyway.

Tenebrous

Hm, I remember it going really fast in MoP. I guess they decided that they didn't want instance grinding to be a thing. That's a shame.

It was the same in WoD - 5 leveling dungeons two levels apart, all of which gave shite XP. Was hoping to be able to get some levels while the garrisons were down, but nope...

Xeteh

No. You basically need to complete every zone for reputation in order to unlock world quests which are a core part of Legion's endgame. Even if you could instance grind, it would be dumb to, as you'd have to do the quests anyway.

And the zone quests are also needed for the eventual flying achievement as well. They really want you questing.

Aeana

I didn't play the beta specifically because I don't want to be tired of the content before it's even out. I can't relate to the people who spent so much time on the beta, with progress that will not carry over. I'm glad they did, of course, since their feedback most likely had a positive effect, but yeah. I'm super looking forward to leveling. It's what I look forward to most in a new expansion. What I'm NOT looking forward to is exhausting new content and being caught in a repetitive end game grind cycle.

If your going to be killing lowbies during invasions behind a building then atleast don't be a bitch when I come around to kick that ass. Never seen a druid run away like a scared child so fast.

With that said going with my mage for Legion. The artifact has grown on me a lot and fire is just too much fun to play. Dropped mining and engineering to pick up tailoring and enchanting but kind of regretting it since this shit is a pain to level up.

Yoshichan

Welp, just bought the digital deluxe edition and I honestly don't even know why. There was literally -nothing- that I needed from that, especially since there, for some STUPID fucking reason, wasn't a Hearthstone reward.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
To whomever is planning to make the Legion OT: you can feel free to post it whenever you want now.
That's good to know, thank you. I aim to have the thread up around 6-9 hours before EU launch.

gatti-man

If anyone is on the Thrall server I'm in need of a guild to raid with. I can DPS but prefer healer or tank the most. Been playing for a month now and still haven't tripped into a good guild yet. Gear lvl 701.

Rhaknar

Rösti;215299920 said:
That's good to know, thank you. I aim to have the thread up around 6-9 hours before EU launch.

Why not now? I mean, besides the obvious "its not ready" reason lol

Strimei

Making final preparations on all my alts, cleared out bags except for the few essentials, all intro quests done.

Way I figure, I'll log in on release day on each of them, do their first artifact/hall stuff, and then go focus on my main (arcane mage). I want them all ready to go later on.

Mitch

Banned
"Not looking forward to leveling this expansion..."

"Oh yeah I leveled all the way through (multiple times) on the beta"

Sorry what? Of course you aren't looking forward to it.

Tenebrous

"Not looking forward to leveling this expansion..."

"Oh yeah I leveled all the way through (multiple times) on the beta"

Sorry what? Of course you aren't looking forward to it.

Irrelevant. I didn't level on any of the previous betas, but I still wasn't looking forward to leveling at all. It's no longer an experience - It's just a roadblock between me & playing with the people I like to play with.

If I'm not going to enjoy it either way, I might as well put time into finding out how to best level when it actually matters so I can get to where I want to be ASAP.

Still haven't chosen a main. My main focus is to tank mythic+.

Top picks:
-Blood DK, feels good, but why does wraith walk have to suck so bad?
-Prot Warrior, seems super strong, but ignore pain spam is pretty boring and I played warrior through most of WoD
-Guardian Druid, Very sturdy, but I don't really want to be a troll or tauren

Long shot picks:
-DH, Lots of fun, but the competition will be fierce, and DH tanks will get a bad reputation from all the terrible players picking up the class
-Monk, Really fun, but already has an unfairly bad reputation. Have to work way harder to stay alive than every other tank.

No thanks: Paladin

"Nevermind, I don't want the stress of tanking for pugs" pick: Hunter

Spent a ton of time tanking mythic 5s on pre-patch and normals on beta as all 5 candidate classes but I still haven't been able to settle on anything for more than a couple days before I change my mind.

CaLe

So I work fulltime and I have dad duties... This leaves me with about two hours of playtime per night. I haven't played WoW since Burning Crusade (level 66 mage).

I was wondering if I shouldn't even consider coming back, or 2 hours of playtime is enough if I don't plan on raiding ?

Aeana

So I work fulltime and I have dad duties... This leaves me with about two hours of playtime per night. I haven't played WoW since Burning Crusade (level 66 mage).

I was wondering if I shouldn't even consider coming back, or 2 hours of playtime is enough if I don't plan on raiding ?

Sure it is. That's about all I have most days too.

th3dude

I'm in a similar boat in terms of available time to play, so I'll take a crack at it:

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to be a hardcore raider (I know you said you don't want to), then obviously the answer would be no.

What I like is to have a particular task that I'm working on, that way I can use that 2 hours to work towards that goal. For example, I wanted to get the Draenor flying achievement, so I used Wowhead's planner to chip away at it.

I also like to jump on and run an old raid for mounts and transmogs.

I do like to raid/dungeon when I can, but I hardly ever plan on it.

There's so much to do in the game that if there is something you like about it (fishing, battle pets, running old content, etc, etc.), then there is definitely value in resubbing.

iirate

I don't usually get excited for questing the first time around, either. If I'm leveling day 1, I'm trying to get cap ASAP and am not there to enjoy the zones. I'll actually take the zones in and get to appreciate them on my alts.

The new expansion ritual I really look forward to is the dungeon grind prior to raids opening up. The race has started, the dungeons aren't 100% trivial yet, and upgrading your main at a rapid pace is addicting.

That's plenty. WoW is good at being only as much of a commitment as you want it to be.

Tenebrous

Still haven't chosen a main. My main focus is to tank mythic+.

Top picks:
-Blood DK, feels good, but why does wraith walk have to suck so bad?
-Prot Warrior, seems super strong, but ignore pain spam is pretty boring and I played warrior through most of WoD
-Guardian Druid, Very sturdy, but I don't really want to be a troll or tauren

Long shot picks:
-DH, Lots of fun, but the competition will be fierce, and DH tanks will get a bad reputation from all the terrible players picking up the class
-Monk, Really fun, but already has an unfairly bad reputation. Have to work way harder to stay alive than every other tank.

No thanks: Paladin

"Nevermind, I don't want the stress of tanking for pugs" pick: Hunter

Spent a ton of time tanking mythic 5s on pre-patch and normals on beta as all 5 candidate classes but I still haven't been able to settle on anything for more than a couple days before I change my mind.

I'd say...

Druid > DK > Warrior, based on how fun I find them, and how enjoyable/flexible they are with the off-specs (Druid's are obviously gods).

In terms of strength for Mythic+, it's possibly the other way around right now. Warriors are ridiculous.

CaLe

Sure it is. That's about all I have most days too.

I'm in a similar boat in terms of available time to play, so I'll take a crack at it:

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to be a hardcore raider (I know you said you don't want to), then obviously the answer would be no.

What I like is to have a particular task that I'm working on, that way I can use that 2 hours to work towards that goal. For example, I wanted to get the Draenor flying achievement, so I used Wowhead's planner to chip away at it.

I also like to jump on and run an old raid for mounts and transmogs.

I do like to raid/dungeon when I can, but I hardly ever plan on it.

There's so much to do in the game that if there is something you like about it (fishing, battle pets, running old content, etc, etc.), then there is definitely value in resubbing.

That's plenty. WoW is good at being only as much of a commitment as you want it to be.

Sweet, thanks guys. I guess I'll jump on board. I mostly play solo in MMOs (I know, I'm weird :)), I just don't want to bother people with my constant interruptions. I enjoy questing and the storylines, so I hope the quests are actually worth reading. ESO / The Secret World have great stories.

Did they change the quest structure / writing / gameplay since vanilla / burning crusade ?

ampere

I'm sticking with my Brewmaster because it's still fun. That's always my primary concern, though I have mulled a swap to Bear or Warrior because of how strong they are.

cdyhybrid

Anyone managed to solo 10N Council in TOT as Vengeance? I could do it fairly easily as DK because I could break roots with Wraith Walk to burn down Mar'li before she summoned the spirit that one-shots you, but Vengeance doesn't appear to have any root-breakers.

Top Bottom