• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

I didn't play the beta specifically because I don't want to be tired of the content before it's even out. I can't relate to the people who spent so much time on the beta, with progress that will not carry over. I'm glad they did, of course, since their feedback most likely had a positive effect, but yeah. I'm super looking forward to leveling. It's what I look forward to most in a new expansion. What I'm NOT looking forward to is exhausting new content and being caught in a repetitive end game grind cycle.

Same. I can't imagine doing so much on beta and not having it carry over.

Tenebrous

Doing a ToT Xmog run, and I got the Horridon mount! :eek:

tumblr_inline_o0kcls2ZOf1su6hze_500.gif

Congrats, you lucky bugger!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I work fulltime and I have dad duties... This leaves me with about two hours of playtime per night. I haven't played WoW since Burning Crusade (level 66 mage).

I was wondering if I shouldn't even consider coming back, or 2 hours of playtime is enough if I don't plan on raiding ?

Legion seems to be the most casual (aka solo) friendly expansion since MoP. World quests, dungeons, tier sets back in LFR so you can quickly do a 30min LFR and maybe look pretty from it at least, class order campaign, all shit you dont need to sit at your computer for 3 hours at a time.

I didn't play the beta specifically because I don't want to be tired of the content before it's even out. I can't relate to the people who spent so much time on the beta, with progress that will not carry over. I'm glad they did, of course, since their feedback most likely had a positive effect, but yeah. I'm super looking forward to leveling. It's what I look forward to most in a new expansion. What I'm NOT looking forward to is exhausting new content and being caught in a repetitive end game grind cycle.

I did one run of 98-110 on Demon Hunter in beta, but not much in terms of dungeons or anything else. It was fun and I probably would've done more had I had access earlier than I did, but pre-patch came out and I had actual stuff to do on live. I didn't even finish Suramar though as the zone is massive, easily 2-3x as much content as any other Broken Isles zone at launch.

Would I like to have tested more? Sure, but I found myself not having the time. There is a lot of important things testers catch though, even in the "short" time I played (still something like 30-40 hours), I must've reported at least a dozen bugs.

iirate

Sweet, thanks guys. I guess I'll jump on board. I mostly play solo in MMOs (I know, I'm weird :)), I just don't want to bother people with my constant interruptions. I enjoy questing and the storylines, so I hope the quests are actually worth reading. ESO / The Secret World have great stories.

Did they change the quest structure / writing / gameplay since vanilla / burning crusade ?

I love soloing/questing, xmogs, and UI stuff, so I'm more of a solo player as well, and there's always stuff to do. The game is very solo friendly.

Questing and gameplay will feel very different and very familiar at the same time. Plenty has changed, but the core ideas have stayed the same.

Resubbed like 10 days ago to level some alts and stuff before expansion.

Tried to do more of the legendary ring quest too. I'm gonna finish about 80 elemental runes short. No Garona for me :(

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just a reminder to spend all your nether shards on Felbat Pups now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Another reminder: check your artifact talent tree now to figure out the best "path" to take to the talents you want, because they will get expensive fast and you dont want to find yourself going "shit if I went the other way it would have been faster for this talent"

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc

styl3s

Another reminder: check your artifact talent tree now to figure out the best "path" to take to the talents you want, because they will get expensive fast and you dont want to find yourself going "shit if I went the other way it would have been faster for this talent"

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc
You can't respec the artifact? I think i have a good idea about what to go with MM Hunter but i don't wanna get completely fucked over.

nikos

I really want to play Legion, but I skipped WoD so I'm under-leveled. I suppose I could try Demon Hunter, but it may not feel right since I've been rolling with the same character since vanilla.

Catching up may take some time, and at that point I'd miss out on the day one hype. So conflicted on what to do.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You can't respec the artifact? I think i have a good idea about what to go with MM Hunter but i don't wanna get completely fucked over.
You can, but it is prohibitively expensive.
I really want to play Legion, but I skipped WoD so I'm under-leveled. I suppose I could try Demon Hunter, but it may not feel right since I've been rolling with the same character since vanilla.

Catching up may take some time, and at that point I'd miss out on the day one hype. So conflicted on what to do.
Just use the level 100 boost included with Legion. No hype missed.

Rhaknar

You can level 90-100 (I assume you are 90 since you say you skipped WoD) in a few hours with the invasions right now but they go away later today/tomorrow depending where you are

I'm sticking with my Brewmaster because it's still fun. That's always my primary concern, though I have mulled a swap to Bear or Warrior because of how strong they are.

I agree that Brewmaster is a lot of fun.There's just something a little unsatisfying about tanking as a brewmaster for me, though. I particularly dislike how they can't mitigate smaller incoming damage very well. It's easy to take a big hit and stagger it and purify it into nothing, but when you're pulling a lot of smaller mobs continuously and taking a bunch of small and medium hits, purifying doesn't really work out and you just take a lot of damage. I've talked to a Brewmaster doing Mythic+ 7-8 on beta about this and he said that the solution is to keg smash and kite things in circles. That's not really what I want out of a tank.

I'd say...

Druid > DK > Warrior, based on how fun I find them, and how enjoyable/flexible they are with the off-specs (Druid's are obviously gods).

In terms of strength for Mythic+, it's possibly the other way around right now. Warriors are ridiculous.

I think it's inevitable that ignore pain gets nerfed by a lot. So I'm not putting too much stock in their current power standings. I still like warrior because intercept and leap are so fun to use, though. Shockwave is one of the best abilities for 5s in the game too, in my opinion.

Druids are great, and I've said it before, the 'smart' choice for legion is always druid. Moonkin is great. Resto is possibly the best healing spec for all types of content, feral is really good in certain situations, and bear is a ton of fun and very strong. You can't go wrong with a druid.

I really like blood DK, I'm just afraid that the lack of mobility will wear me down over the course of an expansion, especially when I'm focusing on 5s where mobility plays a bigger part for a tank.

Honestly I'd be happy enough with any of the choices, I just need to buckle down and choose one. I don't want to play legion like I played WoD, where I had every class at level cap and never really invested into any of them.

Magnus

I decided I wouldn't mind paying some gold to get a Moose run carry. What's a fair price for it these days, and how's the best way to get into a group for it?

Was intending to pick up legion at cdkeys until I noticed it's an EU copy. Is there anywhere selling NA keys for cheaper than full price, or am I just as well off buying directly from Blizz?

Rhaknar

Is there a "hold on to your butts we are teleporting Dalaran to the broken isles" cut scene to start the expansion?

So about 17 hours left now. Wonder whats best to lvl first.. My dps main or my main alt that will be healer and probably easier/quicker to find groups and gear..

Rhaknar

If its the same as beta you get a summons to go to see Khadgar and that triggers Dalaran teleporting.

Thats not what I asked tho :3

I know what the quest entails, Im asking if there is a fancy cut scene to go with it.

Rhaknar

One minute is pretty fancy :3

They had that stupid 5 seconds cut scene showing the fel energy beam in broken shore, wtf was that?

Create a Demon Hunter or use your level 100 boost to completely bypass Warlords of Draenor. It's the expansion designed by interns and you are missing nothing of worth by not playing it. The starter zones in WoD set up this epic promise that simply does not get delivered on. What follows after Frostfire Ridge if you're Horde or Shadowmoon Valley if you're Alliance is a rolling clusterfuck that makes no sense because content was cut and the questing in zones, particularly Gorgrond, was just Frankensteined together and makes little to no sense. Spires of Arak is a really neat take on the Arakkoa and is arguably the only zone worth playing through beyond the starter zones.

The only thing about Draenor that matters is that's where alternate Gul'Dan came from.

Rhaknar

Found this very informative video on what you should do once Legion launches all the way up to 110. She explains every system very calmly and with zero spoilers, pretty cool.

kai3345

Banned
Haven't played since Wrath, and even then I never made it to max level. Pre-ordered and resubbed on Friday and used my 100 boost like the noob trash that I am. This game is overwhelming lol, especially when you skip basically all of it.

Spent the weekend doing raids and invasions mostly. Can't wait to start the expansion on Tuesday.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Create a Demon Hunter or use your level 100 boost to completely bypass Warlords of Draenor. It's the expansion designed by interns and you are missing nothing of worth by not playing it. The starter zones in WoD set up this epic promise that simply does not get delivered on. What follows after Frostfire Ridge if you're Horde or Shadowmoon Valley if you're Alliance is a rolling clusterfuck that makes no sense because content was cut and the questing in zones, particularly Gorgrond, was just Frankensteined together and makes little to no sense. Spires of Arak is a really neat take on the Arakkoa and is arguably the only zone worth playing through beyond the starter zones.

The only thing about Draenor that matters is that's where alternate Gul'Dan came from.

It's honestly baffling on how damn (relatively) good the Tanaan intro into questing throughout either SMV or FFR is, and then you hit Gorgrond, and things start losing cohesiveness almost immediately.

Just.....ugh.

It's honestly baffling on how damn (relatively) good the Tanaan intro into questing throughout either SMV or FFR is, and then you hit Gorgrond, and things start losing cohesiveness almost immediately.

Most of the zones outside of those are complete continuity train wrecks, and only Nagrand had a decent storyline outside of the starting zones.

Rhaknar

Zero fee to switch and you can switch to different specializations on the fly.

At a rest area you can even change the talents within it around as much as you want.

All for free.

Dude he was asking about artifact "specs"

Lenz44

Banned
I was going to grab me a token a few hours ago, but the price is tanking, so I'm holding off for a little bit longer. To be fair, I don't have much to do on any characters though. Let's get this show on the road already!

Zelias

Banned
Ugh what a day to come down with a heavy cold sapping all my energy. When 11pm rolls around I'm gonna have both caffeine and cold medicine on hand I think haha.

Laieon

16 hours.

Pretty excited. I won't be playing it for a good 24-36 hours though, Amazon says the CE gets to my house Tuesday, then I need to wait for someone back home to send me the code (I live in Korea).

WoW's been one of the favorite games since I started playing it back in '07, but I wasn't looking forward to Legion at all until recently. I don't find the Burning Legion all that interesting personally. Started looking into what the expansion has to offer though (didn't follow development that much because the announcement trailer left me with an overwhelming sense of "meh"), and man - it's looking to be really, really good.

Top Bottom