• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

cdyhybrid

VUR5F3t.jpg

All professions. I had heard something about gathering professions only requiring lvl 100 but I guess I was wrong.

There's conflicting info. A bunch of people saying 300, a bunch saying 100.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All professions. I had heard something about gathering professions only requiring lvl 100 but I guess I was wrong.

I didnt hear anything about a exception so I might be the one wrong. Where the beta bros at?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whats this 24 hours bullshit? Surely you mean 15 hours, silly Americans :3

Robin64

Ah good, day of Legion and my PC “breaks" Or something has.

WoW is going at terrible framerates, being super laggy. And I mean in an empty corrider where I get 120fps+ on Ultra settings. Now I’m getting under 40 on the absolute lowest possible settings there are.

I'm a bit tempted to get up tomorrow a couple of hours before I go to work just so I don't need to wait until I get back home on Tuesday afternoon to get started. But getting up at five also sounds a bit crazy.

Tenebrous

Ah good, day of Legion and my PC “breaks" Or something has.

WoW is going at terrible framerates, being super laggy. And I mean in an empty corrider where I get 120fps+ on Ultra settings. Now I’m getting under 40 on the absolute lowest possible settings there are.

Updated your drivers recently? If you're running Ccleaner, check what you have loading on startup (there may be something there you don't recognize). Have anything running in the background?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm a bit tempted to get up tomorrow a couple of hours before I go to work just so I don't need to wait until I get back home on Tuesday afternoon to get started. But getting up at five also sounds a bit crazy.
:3 I get up at 5AM every day for work and get back home around 4PM-5PM depending on weather and if I exercise first :|

Not crazy at all but it leaves me little hope to get anything worthwhile done due to the inevitable queue time and probable DDOS attack before the weekend.

I have the misfortune of working third shift and having to work Monday and Tuesday night. I took the last 6 hours of Tuesday night off, but I won't get to really start playing until Wednesday--which is also my birthday. Kinda sucks :(

solaaire

Neo Member
I just bought Legion after a long hiatus from WoW. I'm looking into balanced PvP servers with good world PvP (at least as good as you can get nowadays) and it seems that Emerald Dream is a popular, well respected server. Does anyone here play on that server/can anyone attest to it as a server? How balanced is the PvP to the RP?

I just rolled on Emerald Dream about a month ago but so far its been great for World PvP. Tons of pvp guilds around. Some RP hard (NE only pvp guilds), some have really minor RP rules (IE everyone must use a certain mount during scheduled guild events), and some have zero RP. Its really all about finding a guild that fits your play style, and fortunately there's a ton to choose from on ED.

One thing to keep in mind is that it's a CST server. Personally, it took me a while to find a guild that does PvE and PvP at times that work with my schedule since I'm on the west coast and prefer doing stuff later in the night

Nobody killed any bosses? and you didn't get a message saying "x if y bosses killed. Do you want to save to this instance?"

a little late, but yes it did ask me that, and I declined every time, but it kept putting me in that instance. I left the group BEFORE any bosses were killed, though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really want to play Legion, but I skipped WoD so I'm under-leveled. I suppose I could try Demon Hunter, but it may not feel right since I've been rolling with the same character since vanilla.

Catching up may take some time, and at that point I'd miss out on the day one hype. So conflicted on what to do.

You get a free Level 100 boost with Legion.

antonz

Amazon just shipped my Legion. They say don't worry it will be here for Tuesday. Meanwhile UPS tells me don't worry it will be there Wednesday.

Godan

So when legion launches at 11PM tonight do we have to log out and back in for it to kick in or can we be sitting in dalaran come launch time to go?

Impulsor

I'm gonna play a demon hunter in Legion. IS it viable to level one as Vengeance rather than Havoc?

I feel ultra squishy playing havoc and I suck hard, since I just came back from a 2 year break.

Robin64

There was a pretty horrible bug on beta where the wrong phase of Dalaran in Deadwind Pass would cause artifact quests there to go weird and be uncompletable. You are supposed to follow an NPC in from Duskwood, but when he gets to Deadwind Pass he freezes in place if you haven't done the Dalaran questline that takes you to Ulduar and into Kara. The only way to fix it is to waste time and go do that questline. Obviously if you already have there won't be a problem.

I tested it this morning, less than one day before Legion goes live, and the bug STILL happens. So if you are one of the following specs/classes, then go and do the Dalaran questline now if you haven't.

Unholy Death Knight
Balance Druid
Affliction Warlock

It may be fixed on live, despite still being broken on beta, but would you take the chance?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So when legion launches at 11PM tonight do we have to log out and back in for it to kick in or can we be sitting in dalaran come launch time to go?

Barring any sort of server issues you just talk to Khadgar and blink Dalaran to the Broken isles, then start your artifact quest which leads to the class halls.

Shouldn't have to do anything special. They tested it on the beta like 3 times.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
finished the demon hunter intro storyline today. pretty cool, i liked it.

i havent done the worgen or panda intro storylines yet, so i'm interested in at least getting through those intro quests more now.

Vaiim

This is the first time I've fully skipped buying an expansion before considering getting the next one. Will I miss anything much if I don't buy Warlords also? Or will it just cause problems leveling alts (assuming I use the level 100 boost).

davepoobond

This is the first time I've fully skipped buying an expansion before considering getting the next one. Will I miss anything much if I don't buy Warlords also? Or will it just cause problems leveling alts (assuming I use the level 100 boost).

warlords is rolled into the base game, so you get it for free

Godan

Barring any sort of server issues you just talk to Khadgar and blink Dalaran to the Broken isles, then start your artifact quest which leads to the class halls.

Shouldn't have to do anything special. They tested it on the beta like 3 times.

Nice thanks. Just dont want to log out and try and log back in when the queue will no doubt be very long.

FeD.nL

I'm gonna play a demon hunter in Legion. IS it viable to level one as Vengeance rather than Havoc?

I feel ultra squishy playing havoc and I suck hard, since I just came back from a 2 year break.

All tank specs should be viable for solo content. That was one of design goals for this exp. Though someone woth beta experience might be able to say of they succeeded with that.

Ken

should i do those khadgar quests? on one character i did up to where you go to ulduar (?) and it was kinda boring so i don't want to do them on my other.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Yeah I feel the same. I'm going dps but Vengeance feels a million times better due to the self heal and low CD Glaive Throw.

Probably just need to stack up on food and take it a bit slower to make sure everything levels as intended.

davepoobond

should i do those khadgar quests? on one character i did up to where you go to ulduar (?) and it was kinda boring so i don't want to do them on my other.

arent these quests the ones that are always available once you hit 98?

Sölf

idunnoooo

do i have to do them to get to legion stuff?

As far as I understood, if you have a single character where Dalaran ported to the Broken Shore (which should be doable after launch) you can skip the Broken Shore Scenario and the Khadgar questline on other characters.

Sölf

Yes, where Jaina angrily leaves again and the other archmages begin casting their moving spell

That Jaina part was before though, when it was still a solid questline. The last things we did was... dealing with anomalies and then listening to Alodi. And that was it.

Top Bottom