• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tecnniqe

Banned
I did the quest that confirmed Jaina is a dreadlord and the one where I went around and clicked like 5 things.

Hypu! Azeroth will burn under the might of Dreadlord Jaina!!

I for one welcome our new overlord.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
WHAT DO I MAIN??? I CAN'T DECIDE GEEZ

DPS is either going to be Shaman or Mage

Tank is either Paladin or Warrior

They are all sooooo fun. I did play pally all throughout WoD though...

Zelias

Banned
Sölf;215319403 said:
Open a thread on GAF and disguise the options as something else, like food or so.
Make it a relationship thread, pretend to listen to the replies, then do the exact opposite.

Impulsor

In the end I think I'm gonna have to be Prot Warrior or Vengeance DH, no tank in our group of friends.

Anyone have experience with both, from the beta? How hard is to tank as Prot Warrior.

Tenebrous

In the end I think I'm gonna have to be Prot Warrior or Vengeance DH, no tank in our group of friends.

Anyone have experience with both, from the beta? How hard is to tank as Prot Warrior.

Prot Warrior is mechanically slow (I'd say boring), but you do have to pay some attention to the state of your rage, Ignore Pain, shield block/intercept charges, & vengeance buff. A good set of Weakauras makes it a breeze, to the point you can potenitally play it without looking at the screen.

There's no choice anymore - Just playing the skillset right.

Just got laid off, need to change my profession.

Alchemy or Leatherworking?

GAF, I met a stripper and she wants to have sex with me. Should I tell her I hit the iron hard all day (blacksmith) or that I make "magic potions" if you know what I'm sayin' (alchemy.) Which is more impressive?

Tenebrous

You mean with that that It doesn't matter which class I pick, that I just have to play the skillset right?

I meant with Prot Warriors. We've gone from multiple answers to one answer we have to manage effectively. Not saying it's easier (or harder) than before, but it's... Different.

I'm warming to it, but I'm stiill definitely feeling the loss of DPS abilities. Shit, just give me execute back and I'll be a happy bunny.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You mean with that that It doesn't matter which class I pick, that I just have to play the skillset right?

Just ignore the "whoe is me wow is so dumb dumb now why isnt it it like vanilla" contigent and you will be happier for it

edit: which I geuss it wasnt, although like you, I also got the impression that it was "DH is the same as Warrior it doesnt matter what you choose these days". So my bad

Tecnniqe

Banned
GAF, I met a stripper and she wants to have sex with me. Should I tell her I hit the iron hard all day (blacksmith) or that I make "magic potions" if you know what I'm sayin' (alchemy.) Which is more impressive?
Ayy
Did you at least put a mana potion down her cleavage?

only on GAF

Sarcasm

How do you setup weak auras? When I try I just give up because I rather play then sit through videos and guides.

Also what is a good healing add-on?

Tacitus_

I didn't tank on beta but have tanked in the prepatch with a prot warrior. It's pretty easy, but then again tanking has never been that difficult after they made threat trivial. It's more about knowing the encounter and even that generally boils down to "when do I need to use cooldowns and active mitigation?" with some "when to taunt the boss" added in raids.

mclem

should i do those khadgar quests? on one character i did up to where you go to ulduar (?) and it was kinda boring so i don't want to do them on my other.

But you find out that
Magni is getting all Silver - well, diamond - Surfer to Azeroth's Galactus!

Tenebrous

Just ignore the "whoe is me wow is so dumb dumb now why isnt it it like vanilla" contigent and you will be happier for it

edit: which I geuss it wasnt, although like you, I also got the impression that it was "DH is the same as Warrior it doesnt matter what you choose these days". So my bad

Nah, DH isn't same as the Warrior... Druid is.

Guardian Druid is a faster paced Warrior with a less convoluted answer. If I were to suggest a tank spec for anyone who likes the idea of being Warrior, I'd suggest Druid every time.

M.D

Rogue Hunter or Demon Rogue?

Demon Rogue

I can't stand playing rogues but they seem in a good spot but DH mobility is love.

I just tried Vengeance DH as well... it's too damn fun
Am I crazy or Veng DH basically Blood DK with way more mobility way more options?

I can't decide. I literally can't.

Lain

Druid hit 100 too, the last 3 levels were a slog, no one around for phase 3 so I was forced to do phase 1-2 along with all the other log in/log out/log in people. I was killed a lot by Moonfire spamming druids in Vanilla and now I can spam Moonfire to my heart's content.

Leveling the druid during the invasion was nicer than other classes, close to Shaman thanks to the curse removing ability so I could skip the oneshot curse. It was also nice to cleanse random Alliance players to save them from their doom... until this one fucking asshole who started chasing me the moment delirium went off, blink and all. Dude wasn't charmed, he simply wanted to kill me just because. That reminded me of the horde player who did the same thing and so I stopped cleansing people. Fuckers can all burn in hell for all I care, alliance, horde, both sides have the same sad sacks of shit.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I just tried Vengeance DH as well... it's too damn fun
Am I crazy or Veng DH basically Blood DK with way more mobility way more options?

I can't decide. I literally can't.
It's bloody amazing, feels like more dps too.

I'm gonna spend time in PvP and really torn on the spec.

M.D

Did they really fucking give Demon Hunters the DK's Gorefiend's Grasp and said fuck you on a 1 minute CD and said fuck you DK's its on a 3 minute CD

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
right, gonna grb a bite, and then hit the sack so I wake up tonight fresh!

Lanrutcon

Did they really fucking give Demon Hunters the DK's Gorefiend's Grasp and said fuck you on a 1 minute CD and said fuck you DK's its on a 3 minute CD

You new to the "My class got X taken away/nerfed so DHs could have it" party?

Get in line behind Warlocks and Rogues.

Robin64

Watching the Warcraft movie, then I'm going to head to bed and just try and sleep until about 10pm so I can be up a decent amount tonight. I swear, if those fucking kids DDoS ths shit out of this...

Tecnniqe

Banned
I cant count on that at all though, I don't even have 1k gold I think. Just came back from a huge hiatus.

So yeah.
I made that cash, not spend it.
I mean almost 2 full professions and tons of gold seems worth IMO for 5 hours work. But my server was selling almost everything in an instant so it's probably people coming back with tons of gold AH boosting their professions.

Impulsor

I made that cash, not spend it.
I mean almost 2 full professions and tons of gold seems worth IMO for 5 hours work. But my server was selling almost everything in an instant so it's probably people coming back with tons of gold AH boosting their professions.

Oh wow, how? You sold what you made? Or what?

Can you detail me the process you followed?

Tenebrous

Watching the Warcraft movie, then I'm going to head to bed and just try and sleep until about 10pm so I can be up a decent amount tonight. I swear, if those fucking kids DDoS ths shit out of this...

Heh, I'm rewatching The Wire before jumping in a bath & then straight to bed.

Son1x

Will I be able to do quests and such as resto druid? Or do I have to go balance, which will kinda force me to divide my artifact power between the two? These damn artifacts are the main reason I still have my doubts about Legion.

Just thinking of maybe boosting a priest and going shadow priest only.

Tenebrous

Will I be able to do quests and such as resto druid? Or do I have to go balance, which will kinda force me to divide my artifact power between the two? These damn artifacts are the main reason I still have my doubts about Legion.

You can level as Balance/Feral/Guardian & save all your points for Resto. Or you can level as Resto as the tier 45 talents allow you to spec for a decently powerful Moonkin form.

Either is fine.

Nere

You get artifact in item form and you can use the item whenever you want to give artifact power to your currently equipped item. So you can level as balance save all the artifact power items that they give you and then whenever you want switch to resto and use them all and you won't lose any artifact power.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Oh wow, how? You sold what you made? Or what?

Can you detail me the process you followed?
I was farming the frostwolves close to the horde garrison in that valley thing all alone (solo server phase or something I guess) and more or less stack everything and did so for maybe 4,5 hours which had my skinning close to max, went to ashran and bought draenor leather working book (700 skill unlock), made the book that you can trade for recipes in ashran, chose the drums of war or whatever and just made a shit ton of them. I sold all the leftover materials from the wolves and went to nagrand where I kill a few 100 mobs and skinned them to hit 100. I also did a few raids and sold some shit but the mats you don't use for the drums sold for insane amounts on AH. And that's basically it.

I have 2 days playtime on my DH and 145k gold :)

Wish I'd knew about this hype AH boosting before cause my god a few hours a day and you could gold cap in a month or two lmao

M.D

It's bloody amazing, feels like more dps too.

I'm gonna spend time in PvP and really torn on the spec.

I have arrived at the conclusion that I can't pick what class to play, therefore the only logical solution is to quit!

You new to the "My class got X taken away/nerfed so DHs could have it" party?

Get in line behind Warlocks and Rogues.

I see they also have Charge from Warriors as a talent, just like GS ;p

Sarcasm

How do you setup weak auras? When I try I just give up because I rather play then sit through videos and guides.

Also what is a good healing add-on?

Also what time does it release PST? I live in Taiwan and can really only grasp the time conversion there.

Top Bottom