• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I actually shave my face and glue the clippings onto my neck to magnify my power

Lanrutcon

I trained my cat to level my alts for me while I sleep.

It's not technically account sharing if the other individual doesn't have thumbs.

M.D

Bought 2 Universal Language Repository for 125g each and sold for 10k and 5k

I may not be as efficient with TSM like other people but I freaking love to flip items ;p

Impulsor

I trained my cat to level my alts for me while I sleep.

It's not technically account sharing if the other individual doesn't have thumbs.

original

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Watching how stuff moves up and down on DPS sims as they get more accurate and balance changes happen is hilarious. So much of the narrative around what was best or worse on the beta just gets upended. Arms #1, running at nearly three times the APM as Beastmaster on that Dansgame FR spec. Survival tracking above the other Hunter specs too. Expecting this to be shaken up a bunch still in the next few weeks.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Been learning AH flipping and went from 20k to 150k this week, one fatal error was made. I bought thousands of felblights expecting them to spike before tonight, and didn't realise what they were for. So now I have thousands of useless items that will probably never sell, live and learn.

I'm too risk averse / careful with my gold to try flipping.

Though I did buy a 10k Elixir of Rapid Mind to level my Warlock from 98-100 through Invasions, hah.

Also in the "can't decide my main" camp

I have a 60 pally or 70 rogue to use my boost on once my CE arrives today

My wife used her boost on her priest which is horde, so my draenei priest is out.

I like where shaman is at so I might go that route

Mitch

Banned
So where should I log out ?

How are we all actually getting to the isles :eek:

I'd like to start in stormheim
Everything should roll over seamlessly and the starting quest should automatically pop up for you. I believe it all starts in Dalaran.

Interfectum

I've decided to main my Hunter. I want to do the DK's artifact quests for the Lich King stuff but I find ranged DPS more fun than melee... and double pet BM. :D :D

Zelias

Banned
Ehhh, got fishing to 588. Think I'm done for now. I'll just get it up to max with daily quests that give +fishing skill after launch...

Time for a nap before launch!

mileS

CRISIS OVER. Did the sensible thing first and just rebooted the PC. Now at 194fps in Shrine. Weeeiiird...
Ya know what I had to do this yesterday myself. I was worried because my pc is old anyway. Was about to mess with drivers and pay attention to whats slowong everything down but I just reboot my pc first and everything was okay.

xRaizen

So can anyone tell me what's wrong with Prot Paladin? I keep seeing people not wanting to play one.

I need to know to decide whether or not to focus on my Paladin or Warrior tomorrow.

So for the first expansion ever i'm not maining a healer. I tried Shadow Priest and love it, everything from the lore to the gameplay to the artifact is super appealing to me. I may break and switch back to healer eventually, but i'm really looking forward to leveling him!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so between seventy trillion people logging in and an extremely likely DDOS how plausible is it that anyone will be able to actually play legion until tomorrow morning at the soonest?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
so between seventy trillion people logging in and an extremely likely DDOS how plausible is it that anyone will be able to actually play legion until tomorrow morning at the soonest?

I'm going to have my b.net app running at work so I can taunt my friends who aren't at work as they are unable to play.

I feel like this is the most hyped expansion in a while, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the servers buckle very quickly.

Don't necessarily disagree, but I'd be pretty surprised if the returning player influx is as large as it was for WoD. WoD was marketed out the ass and people who did return after years for it largely left pretty quickly and were likely disappointed overall. A decent chunk of that demographic ain't coming back.

I feel like this is the most hyped expansion in a while, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the servers buckle very quickly.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So can anyone tell me what's wrong with Prot Paladin? I keep seeing people not wanting to play one.

I need to know to decide whether or not to focus on my Paladin or Warrior tomorrow.

Honestly, play which one you prefer the play style of.

From my understanding, Druids and Warriors are the 'best' tanks right now in terms of DPS and such. (Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

BUT, I've also heard that Prot Paladins are in a pretty decent spot.

Tamanon

Banned

I think if you're logged in already, you have a shot.

If you have to log in.....well.....don't take time off work!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think if you're logged in already, you have a shot.

If you have to log in.....well.....don't take time off work!

so wait, if you're logged in when the clock strikes midnight the quest etc. will just appear? i had assumed that everyone would be booted before 11 and would have to log back in.

All professions. I had heard something about gathering professions only requiring lvl 100 but I guess I was wrong.

Last I read about this was here: read the comments. Apparently it only takes 75 skill to start world quests for any profession now.

I did buy a few Pocket Fel Spreaders to sit on. Maybe they'll be valuable like Tiny Hatespark

I bought 4 to hold at ~4-5k each. They're already up to about 9k on my server. I can only imagine they'll be higher months or years down the line.

For the life of me I must be old, I can't find any weakauras profiles @ mmo champion for guardian druid.

Check here: http://slootbag.com/weak-auras/

ampere

Rats, I didn't know Legion uses Diablo 3's lootdrop system.

I had the worst luck in Diablo 3.

It's mostly as a means of buffing lower ilevel gear. You can still do harder content to get better ilevel, but that possibility of an upgrade *always* exists now, even for trivial content.

Entropia

No One Remembers
For the life of me I must be old, I can't find any weakauras profiles @ mmo champion for guardian druid.

I think I linked this earlier (to you even, when you asked what Weak Auras was); https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/4ldbyh/legion_simple_guardian_druid_weakauras/

To me, I think that looks like a visually appealing and informative weak auras. I know that a lot of WA's can be absolute shite. I had one on my Survival Hunter that I found online that was absolute garbage.

styl3s

On Artifact weapons are you stuck with one spec or if you lets say 40k artifact points in MM if i switch to BM on my hunter will those points be there so i can distribute them the way i want to on that spec or does the game dick you?

Anoregon

UPS tracking estimates delivery by 8/31.....

WTF Amazon???

Mine is still at not yet shipped, but showing delivery by 8PM tomorrow (which is normal for this sort of thing.)

Still, I'll be keeping an eye on it and if it doesn't actually ship today, I'll be cancelling and going digital. Don't really care about the physical CE stuff, only reason I ordered it was because prime discount made it $2 more than digital deluxe.

Mupod

No, but neck enchants take their place mechanically.

Didn't know that. But DKs must still be able to runeforge since I think I saw a relic or artifact upgrade that had something which buffed rune of the fallen crusader.

edit: durr and the talent that's entirely based off Razorice.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I dashed into a group of enemies with my DH like a boss killing them all and was disconnected from server. DDOS attack again or just bad luck?

M.D

Hmm, how are people transmoging the Illidan glaives if you can't do old content on your DH until launch? Is that the new transmog system at work?

Mupod

I bought BC and WOTLK physical. BC had a lineup of hundreds of people at 6AM on a weekday...I'm from a small city in northern ontario that had bylaws preventing a midnight launch. It was -40 outside and people still turned out in droves (thankfully they let us in the mall early). I actually had a lot of fun waiting in line talking to people.

WOTLK? No line. Everyone had already moved on to digital. I got a poster out of it though.

Top Bottom