• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

So what's the main difference between the two threads?

Thought I saw something where this thread is more for the community here and the newer thread is for all the re-subbers like me?

Tecnniqe

Banned

Thought I saw something where this thread is more for the community here and the newer thread is for all the re-subbers like me?

Usually gaming side threads for WoW ends up with hating on the game or some shitposting about how it was back in vanilla. Community OT is usually a bit more relaxed :p

I'm wondering how viable Survival Hunter will be as a spec in Legion. I enjoy the combat and feel of the class and it's nice to have something "different" to enjoy w/ my hunter I've had since launch however I worry w/ artifacts being so labor intensive that I'll be "locked" into surv. and find out groups/raids don't want us and be behind the curve to level a BM/MM artifact.

Fjordson

All are welcome in here and it'll last longer than the gaming-side thread most likely. Also what Tecnniqe said.

Just easier to have a long-running megathread as opposed to staying in one for a specific expansion.

Zelias

Banned

Resubbers are totally welcome here.

Gaming side threads tend to attract shitposting about the state of current WoW vs 'the good old days' (usually vanilla WoW) and tend to be hyperbolic and argumentative.

Here we're pretty chill and focused on talking about the game as it currently is and helping each other out with advice and such.

Edit: Also yeah what Fjordson said, the Legion OT will eventually burn out. This thread and its successors will always be around even during the lulls in between patches or expansions.

crpav

Are you US horde? I saw someone asking about this the other day in trade/lfg. Small chance it's you, but your post reminded me of it.

No US Alliance. Just wish more people would be willing to help. I know it's like 5 minutes of your precious time but come on. I could see a full carry of the Firelands or other Raid meta ach for a mount but not this.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm wondering how viable Survival Hunter will be as a spec in Legion. I enjoy the combat and feel of the class and it's nice to have something "different" to enjoy w/ my hunter I've had since launch however I worry w/ artifacts being so labor intensive that I'll be "locked" into surv. and find out groups/raids don't want us and be behind the curve to level a BM/MM artifact.
You can do two different artifacts leveled about even with little to no loss. Survival is cool but their utility sorta blows for five mans, and in raids it seems hard to justify their presence over other melee. I'm still going to push it up second after my Warrior and see what happens though, because it's a lot of fun for me.

chris-013

Flying goren !
imwN1TR.jpg

You can do two different artifacts leveled about even with little to no loss. Survival is cool but their utility sorta blows for five mans, and in raids it seems hard to justify their presence over other melee. I'm still going to push it up second after my Warrior and see what happens though, because it's a lot of fun for me.

That's the thing:

Fun vs Actually being useful.

Despite all the changes to hunter across the years I've always enjoyed it. It was always fun. I enjoy BM and Surv right now. But that BM artifact looks like a quest green. And I'm a stickler for art style. And I really enjoy gameplay w/ Surv.

But I don't wanna lose out on raiding at any point when people think exactly what you've pointed out: What's the point of bringing a surv hunter when they're squishy and I have FAR better melee classes as an alternative.

ampere

Yeah I'd been waffling between Monk and Druid tank but that put me over the edge. Also factoring in was that Monk gear is generally kinda uggo, even though they are super fun. :(

It makes the choice harder, especially with how improved the Guardian rotation is (I love Moonfire procs), but main swapping is such a colossal pain for me since I grind reps/etc. I don't think I could ever swap again.

It was DBM.

What is the biggest difference between BigWigs and DBM?

Flavor and how they are configured

Both can really do it all for the most part.

M.D

There aren't that many, are they? Unless I was playing my Rogue wrong, I think there were maybe 8 buttons I used regularly

Saber Slash, Pistol Shot, Run Through and Between the Eyes are your rotation in theory, but you have Roll the Bones as well as Blade Fury to always keep track of as well as Adrenaline Rush

Not to mention your sprint and heal and grapple and about a million damage reduction and disables

Edit: Did I forget to mention Marked for Death and Cannonball Barrage? There's even more active abilities I could take as talent and I literally have no idea where I could put them.
I have a mouse with 16 side keys the using the second row of buttons is already not that comfortable

dimb

That's the thing:

Fun vs Actually being useful.

Despite all the changes to hunter across the years I've always enjoyed it. It was always fun. I enjoy BM and Surv right now. But that BM artifact looks like a quest green. And I'm a stickler for art style. And I really enjoy gameplay w/ Surv.

But I don't wanna lose out on raiding at any point when people think exactly what you've pointed out: What's the point of bringing a surv hunter when they're squishy and I have FAR better melee classes as an alternative.
The BM hidden appearance is one of my favorites and easy to get at least. 90% chance I would just transmog any gun to the WoD CM one though. When I try to think of avoiding mechanics on SV it's just like...ahhh...no thanks...

Zelias

Banned
It makes the choice harder, especially with how improved the Guardian rotation is (I love Moonfire procs), but main swapping is such a colossal pain for me since I grind reps/etc. I don't think I could ever swap again.
Yeah, most of my rep grinding has been done on my old ally Priest main, but I'm Horde now and main a DK. And I don't really want to grind that rep all over again but it does really bug me.

Son1x

What zone should I start in considering I'm an engineer? I can't seem to find any good info on where the profession quests are located.

Zelias

Banned
What zone should I start in considering I'm an engineer? I can't seem to find any good info on where the profession quests are located.
A cursory glance at the Wowhead Engineering guide for Legion suggests the first Engineering quests are in Azsuna.

Shahadan

I'm staying on Draenor and will reach lvl 110 without going anywhere else!

someone somewhere is actually going to do just that

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Amazon showing it still hasn't shipped.

Is it panic time yet?

ampere

Stormheim is supposedly the hardest zone, so keep that in mind. If you have good gear at level 100, it's not a bad idea to start there, but it might be crowded since many guides recommend it.

Yeah, most of my rep grinding has been done on my old ally Priest main, but I'm Horde now and main a DK. And I don't really want to grind that rep all over again but it does really bug me.

I redid a lot of my Shaman's reps on my Monk, but some stuff can't be redone (Zandalar) and some are too insane for even me to redo (Ravenholdt)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Legion cut scene spoilers warning by the way, it uses a few scenes obviously from Legion quests

Stormheim is supposedly the hardest zone, so keep that in mind. If you have good gear at level 100, it's not a bad idea to start there, but it might be crowded since many guides recommend it.

I was going to start there because I assumed the BM artifact quest was there (themetically t least), is it not?

dimb

I'm still expecting Azsuna to be the most crowded with how many profession quests lead there. Hard to predict though.

cdyhybrid

Legion cut scene spoilers warning by the way, it uses a few scenes obviously from Legion quests

I was going to start there because I assumed the BM artifact quest was there (themetically t least), is it not?
You get your first Artifact before you start questing in the Broken Isles zones proper. It might take you there, but you won't start the Stormheim quest line until after you finish that first Artifact.

How was the leveling paced in the beta? Like was it taking all four zones for people to hit 110?
I hit 110 around the time I was starting the fourth zone. That was over a week or two though, so I had rested exp. I also did all the sidequests, profession quests, class hall quests, etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You get your first Artifact before you start questing in the Broken Isles zones proper. It might take you there, but you won't start the Stormheim quest line until after you finish that first Artifact.

hmm I see. Ah whatever it doesnt matter in end :D

Milennia

I'm still expecting Azsuna to be the most crowded with how many profession quests lead there. Hard to predict though.

half the classes have their 103 quest there as well

not interested in the gaming side thread so will only be posting here most likely moving forward, about to start my legion nap, see everyone on the other side

keffri

So it's the day before launch. Hopefully everyone has chosen their main by now.

What is everyone going to be playing?

Protection Warrior for me.

Rhaknar

How was the leveling paced in the beta? Like was it taking all four zones for people to hit 110?

no but you need to do all 4 zones for mechanics purposes anyway (for example you need friendly rep with all 4 factions, one from each zone, you need to finish the story campaign to unlock something in Suramar, etc)

BM hunter because im a scrub and dont know how to play the game and should have my account deleted for being such a bad according to youtube sensation Preach

Fjordson

I hit 110 around the time I was starting the fourth zone. That was over a week or two though, so I had rested exp. I also did all the sidequests, profession quests, class hall quests, etc.
Nice. I love new questing zones, so the more it takes the better for me.

no but you need to do all 4 zones for mechanics purposes anyway (for example you need friendly rep with all 4 factions, one from each zone, you need to finish the story campaign to unlock something in Suramar, etc)
Ah okay, cool.

So I'm on Emerald Dream realm, which is a high population one... Does that pretty much guarantee that I'm going to have to wait to log in tomorrow?

I'm only on this server because my brother wanted us to be on the same one.

Im going main shadow priest, restoshammy main alt, dk blood and ww monk for shared 3rd place mainly just to try keep the alts artifact research going until I want to play them.

cdyhybrid

Havoc. Maybe Veng if necessary but I'd prefer Havoc. First alt will be Outlaw Rogue, then Unholy DK, then either Fire Mage, Shadow Priest, or Prot/Ret Paladin.

Regardless of what I go with after the DK, I'll get all three of them up and running eventually.

Top Bottom