• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

keffri

BM hunter because im a scrub and dont know how to play the game and should have my account deleted for being such a bad according to youtube sensation Preach

BM is looking pretty cool now, and I love their artifact weapon. I'm not sure what playing a hunter is like now, but I'm sure you'll do great.

I'm want to get into raiding for the first time, and I'm trying to do so as a tank. I'll see how that works out. Worse case scenario I just switch to Fury.

Enhancement Shaman

Cool. That was my second choice. Not a huge fan of the Alliance races for Shaman though.

Kaname

Just got gifted a Battle Chest edition and currently downloading :D
I think I played a month or so during Vanilla but quit because my connection was utter shit and so I have no idea what I should do lol

I'm playing FF XIV since release and did progression raiding up to the expansion so I'm not actually a noob when it comes to mmo mechanics, modes and stuff like that but I wonder if I should head to a particular server (I'm EU), pick a particular class for noobs and so on. Basically any advice is appreciated :)

notworksafe

It makes the choice harder, especially with how improved the Guardian rotation is (I love Moonfire procs), but main swapping is such a colossal pain for me since I grind reps/etc. I don't think I could ever swap again.
Yeah it feels bad leaving my paladin behind. 33 exalted reps, max all professions, tons of recipes, all my gold and such is on it....but the class just feels dull as a tank. We'll see how it goes changing mains. Not sure how the rep and mount achievements and such carry over.

edit: i should clarify, i'll still level it. i gotta have my enchanting if nothing else haha

Jag

BM is looking pretty cool now, and I love their artifact weapon. I'm not sure what playing a hunter is like now, but I'm sure you'll do great.

There is a recipe to change the BM gun into a bow. It's called a "hidden appearance". Sold by the Engineering guy where the old Dalaran AH was for a few thousand gold.

nCuksLO.jpg

(that's not me)

My hunter has been my main since vanilla launch. No reason to change it now. Probably play my Druid, Mage and Pally at the same time.

Wunder

There is a recipe to change the BM gun into a bow. It's called a "hidden appearance". Sold by the Engineering guy where the old Dalaran AH was for a few thousand gold.

(that's not me)

My hunter has been my main since vanilla launch. No reason to change it now. Probably play my Druid, Mage and Pally at the same time.

holy fuck that looks rad

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do you mean the 3 mage specs or do you accualy have 3 mages?

he means 3 mages for split runs probably. Millie is one of dem actual crazy hardcore mythic raiders

I mean that in a good way >_>

edit: also late

edit: also also, the more I see the BM bow the more I love it. I HATED it the first time I saw it, looked like a toy. I will buy that recipe the first thing im in dalaran, even before getting the artifact quest (wait can you even do that lol), 8k be damned

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm what to do with these last 100 hexweave? make another bag to sell, or make that creeping carpet mount to...you know... have another mount? >_>

Xeteh

So I had quit before cross realm guilds were a thing... I'm kind of blown away by how often I get random guild invites and whispers asking if I want to join a guild.

M.D

No point in doing invasions for gear at this point right? the gear from questing will be immediately better?

Should I do the Khadgar questline on all my character and leave them at Dalaran?

Shahadan

you will get a special Dalaran hearthstone btw, I would keep that shrine normal hearth

Nope, I'd rather use it to go back to my broken isles questing or in some great looking place. It'll feel good to set my stone to some other place than the capital city again.

Iirc that's why they gave us the new dala stone.

Kuntz

First, my historical main, resto sham, leveling as elemental for the first 13 points, inscription/Engineering.
Then, the destrolock, alchemy/enchantment
then, the guardian druid, herbalism/mining
then, the brewmaster, skinning/leatherworking
then, the blood dk, tailoring/enchanting
not sure i'll be playing the subtlety rogue and arcane mage anytime soon...

Also realmfirst fishing artefact, that's a given.

erawsd

So I had quit before cross realm guilds were a thing... I'm kind of blown away by how often I get random guild invites and whispers asking if I want to join a guild.

Cross realm guilds arent fully implemented yet, I think its something they said will be coming soon. You are likely on a "connected realm" which is basically Blizzards way of merging realms without forcing everyone to rename.

Speaking of that hidden appearance mechanical bow, I messed around with it on beta last night since it's so easy to get and ended up being disappointed. It certainly looks cool in screen shots but I thought it was too oversized on all of the races and ends up clipping a lot, and what really bothered me is how your character still pulls an arrow out like it's a normal bow despite being the attacks coming out of the gun barrel. That didn't look right at all.

Guardian druid as my main. Been a druid since launch. I'm strongly considering using my 100 boost for another druid that can be resto/balance.

After playing a druid so long, all my alts feel handicapped in one way or another. They are a pleasant distraction. Nothing more.

ampere

nCuksLO.jpg

(that's not me)

Gnomes make me want to play Alliance again

That weapon looks amazing

will the servers go down at 11 or is the content just unlocking without needing to log out? already a 10 min queue on my realm.

You don't need to log out.

Xeteh

Cross realm guilds arent fully implemented yet, I think its something they said will be coming soon. You are likely on a "connected realm" which is basically Blizzards way of merging realms without forcing everyone to rename.

Yeah sorry, that is what I meant. I had pretty much been in the same guild from vanilla until mid Cataclysm so this guildless thing is new to me. So many random invites and even blocking them doesn't stop them from whispering about it.

frequency

BM Hunter main for me. I like how simplified it has become. So I can focus on the encounters themselves not juggling 92 buttons and resources and stuff. I see lots of people complaining about it and saying BM needs this or that to make it more complex and I get unreasonably concerned that Blizzard will listen to them. If you want more complex spec, go play something else!

Frost DK as secondary character. Again, for the simplicity.

Used to main Assassination Rogue. Retiring it for Legion because I don't want to manage DoTs. I'm trying to play without addons for Legion and the default UI is woefully insufficient for DoTs.

I will try Demon Hunter too when I can.

Robin64

Nope, I'd rather use it to go back to my broken isles questing or in some great looking place. It'll feel good to set my stone to some other place than the capital city again.

Iirc that's why they gave us the new dala stone.

Yeah, during beta I was setting my Hearthstone to places I was questing in, and I will be doing so again on live. It's so much more convenient and having a seperate HS for the expansions capital is excellent.

Magnus

That's an awesome launch trailer. Well done Blizz.

Pics? Whats the mousepad look like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RI046G1nlU
This'll do a better job than any photos I take, lol. Just skip past the first part of the vid where he looks at previous CEs.

I really dig the box and artbook's aesthetic. Bit different from past CEs.

The BTS bluray's production values are way better than previous BTS discs, but sadly, it's lower on content this time (no great mini featurettes on music, sound, class design, etc. - it's just zones, demon hunter, artifacts, and the cinematic), and also, all the featurettes are a bit heavier on the marketing side than in the past. I really appreciated how past BTS featurettes delved deeply into lore, world history, and let the producers/composers/etc. chat at length about a particular element or piece. Here, the focus is just on big elements and big features. Alas.

I will say that the featurette on Demon Hunters managed to get me excited about the class in a way most other looks at the class haven't. They emphasized its mobility and put together some cool clips of what more advanced DH melee gameplay looked like. Wow. Looks amazing. I got mine to 100 already and for some reason didn't fall in love right away. I hear the experience for them from 100-110 really makes them shine. My DH might now be my first alt.

I'm not going to listen to the soundtrack yet. I want to wait and experience the music in-game for the first time. I'm BIG on WoW's sound design and music and love blasting it, particularly during my first run through each new wave of content.

On that note, I'm super happy that I figured out how to disable certain sound effects that were driving me nuts. (Al'ar fire crackle sound loop when you're riding that mount, and the stupid twinkly sound effect that accompanies Body and Soul on a priest). You're casting your mount and PW:S constantly as a levelling priest, and I was gonna go mad listening to those two sound effects on repeat.

cdyhybrid

This'll do a better job than any photos I take, lol. Just skip past the first part of the vid where he looks at previous CEs.

The BTS bluray's production values are way better than previous BTS discs, but sadly, it's lower on content this time (no great mini featurettes on music, sound, class design, etc. - it's just zones, demon hunter, artifacts, and the cinematic), and also, all the featurettes are a bit heavier on the marketing side than in the past. I really appreciated how past BTS featurettes delved deeply into lore, world history, and let the producers/composers/etc. chat at length about a particular element or piece. Here, the focus is just on big elements and big features. Alas.

I will say that the featurette on Demon Hunters managed to get me excited about the class in a way most other looks at the class haven't. They emphasized its mobility and put together some cool clips of what more advanced DH melee gameplay looked like. Wow. Looks amazing. I got mine to 100 already and for some reason didn't fall in love right away. I hear the experience for them from 100-110 really makes them shine. My DH might now be my first alt.

I'm not going to listen to the soundtrack yet. I want to wait and experience the music in-game for the first time. I'm BIG on WoW's sound design and music and love blasting it, particularly during my first run through each new wave of content.

On that note, I'm super happy that I figured out how to disable certain sound effects that were driving me nuts. (Al'ar fire crackle sound loop when you're riding that mount, and the stupid twinkly sound effect that accompanies Body and Soul on a priest). You're casting your mount and PW:S constantly as a levelling priest, and I was gonna go mad listening to those two sound effects on repeat.
You don't get the full Havoc experience without the later talents, specifically Momentum. The whole decision-making aspect of the spec revolves around it.

biaxident

I'm maining shadow priest. Wanna go disc as the off spec but the last few days for mythics I get whispers constantly "you're not disc are you?" So that worries me.

Xeteh

seeing this picture of the actress that plays Brianne in GoT in another thread:

and reading Weirdworld recently

makes me really want Vrykul as a playable race. We need some big ass amazon ladies damn it.

err big ass as in size, not with actual big asses
but that too :3

Yeah, I badly want Vrykul to be playable but I doubt it'll happen.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm maining shadow priest. Wanna go disc as the off spec but the last few days for mythics I get whispers constantly "you're not disc are you?" So that worries me.

Yeah, it's a shame that Disc doesn't do great in 5-mans. They don't really have the tools to do a great job as the only heals in a group.

I really want Blizz to get it right, because it's such a cool idea for a spec.

iammeiam

BM Hunter main for me. I like how simplified it has become. So I can focus on the encounters themselves not juggling 92 buttons and resources and stuff. I see lots of people complaining about it and saying BM needs this or that to make it more complex and I get unreasonably concerned that Blizzard will listen to them. If you want more complex spec, go play something else!

I'm sticking with BM because it's what I've geared up and I like the utility the pets have (for those of us too lazy to grind out the water strider mount, Water Strider pet is a nice thing to have; being able to bring lust or brez to a group is nice, too.), but the one thing I really hope the artifact solves is the amount of time I just have nothing to push because we're so ridiculously focus-starved. It's not just that the spec has so relatively few buttons to push, but that you spend a lot of time not pushing them.

The Warlock and Balance Druid I have leveled feel similarly lacking in complexity pre-artifact, but at least they always seem to have something to push.

ampere

seeing this picture of the actress that plays Brianne in GoT in another thread:

Damn, she's 6'3"! Even taller than me

Yeah Vrykul would be a cool playable race, though perhaps too similar to humans to make a big "wow" moment for marketing.

Yeah, it's a shame that Disc doesn't do great in 5-mans. They don't really have the tools to do a great job as the only heals in a group.

I really want Blizz to get it right, because it's such a cool idea for a spec.

It's still totally viable, but way harder

So it's natural that average pugs will think "oh a disc priest they prob suck". Pugs do that

Rhaknar

I'm sticking with BM because it's what I've geared up and I like the utility the pets have (for those of us too lazy to grind out the water strider mount, Water Strider pet is a nice thing to have; being able to bring lust or brez to a group is nice, too.), but the one thing I really hope the artifact solves is the amount of time I just have nothing to push because we're so ridiculously focus-starved. It's not just that the spec has so relatively few buttons to push, but that you spend a lot of time not pushing them.

The Warlock and Balance Druid I have leveled feel similarly lacking in complexity pre-artifact, but at least they always seem to have something to push.

pet utility is gone mate, the only left over is bloodlust on core hounds

iammeiam

pet utility is gone mate, the only left over is bloodlust on core hounds

Nope, I used BRez from a Crane in mythics yesterday, and just farmed up a water strider so I can walk/ride a mount on water today. All still there.

Stuff like Spirit Bond being gone sucks (spirit mend is pretty bad tbh), but there's still some things pets can do.

RPGCrazied

Thank you. Glad they put Illidan on there. Would have felt odd of a mousepad that didn't have him on it. I will definitely use it for sure. Time to retire the MoP mousepad.

Rhaknar

Nope, I used BRez from a Crane in mythics yesterday, and just farmed up a water strider so I can walk/ride a mount on water today. All still there.

Stuff like Spirit Bond being gone sucks (spirit mend is pretty bad tbh), but there's still some things pets can do.

in that case I was lied to

Top Bottom