• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

So I'm on Emerald Dream realm, which is a high population one... Does that pretty much guarantee that I'm going to have to wait to log in tomorrow?

I'm only on this server because my brother wanted us to be on the same one.

Quoting this since it got buried super quick the first time!

I've never been on a high pop realm before, so I don't know what it's going to be like.

Somnia

I've never been on a high pop realm before, so I don't know what it's going to be like.

You'll most likely have a queue if you aren't on at launch and never log out.

I am on Stormrage so I do not look forward to my queue size when I get home from work around 5PM CST.

biaxident

Yeah, it's a shame that Disc doesn't do great in 5-mans. They don't really have the tools to do a great job as the only heals in a group.

I really want Blizz to get it right, because it's such a cool idea for a spec.

I think they can do fine in 5 mans, but for something like mythics where all the dps stand in fire for at least 5 secs before reacting it can be rough. Holy is just better for dealing with crappy groups. Disc can flourish with a good group though. Not sure how they can change it though, if they buff atonement it's too op.

Fjordson

Damn so artifact weapons start out at 750 item lvl?? Guess I really did worry too much about getting all the Invasion weapons :lol

You could run into some server problems at first, queues and lag and whatnot, but it'll subside after the first week or so. Totally worth it in the long run for all the added activity / economy you'll get from being on a high pop realm imo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think they can do fine in 5 mans, but for something like mythics where all the dps stand in fire for at least 5 secs before reacting it can be rough. Holy is just better for dealing with crappy groups. Disc can flourish with a good group though. Not sure how they can change it though, if they buff atonement it's too op.

that grim rail depot really fucked with you didnt it :3

Sykotik

So I just resubbed and since I don't know wtf I'm doing, I'm trying to use Ovale to help out.

Problem is, I can't get it to load. /ovale doesn't work, but it's activated in the addons. Any ideas?

Mupod

I really should re-read all my tooltips tonight. I apparently played a lot of unholy DK - and did a gold proving grounds - without knowing that scourge strike hit multiple enemies when you were standing in D&D.

Son1x

My main will be resto druid. I might off spec balance, but I'll probably just go full healer. Then I might boost my shadow priest and have her as my alt.

frequency

I'm sticking with BM because it's what I've geared up and I like the utility the pets have (for those of us too lazy to grind out the water strider mount, Water Strider pet is a nice thing to have; being able to bring lust or brez to a group is nice, too.), but the one thing I really hope the artifact solves is the amount of time I just have nothing to push because we're so ridiculously focus-starved. It's not just that the spec has so relatively few buttons to push, but that you spend a lot of time not pushing them.

The Warlock and Balance Druid I have leveled feel similarly lacking in complexity pre-artifact, but at least they always seem to have something to push.

I actually like some downtime. It means I can take a moment to just consider what's happening in an encounter without taking a DPS loss. On GCD capped specs, if you aren't pressing a button, you're losing out on damage. Any missed button press on GCD can not be regained later. But here with the downtime waiting for focus, as long as I don't cap focus, there's no DPS loss when I take a moment to breathe.

BM Hunter's main artifact ability is just a secondary pet. It's one of two passive artifact abilities (the other belonging to Frost DK).

Hixx

Stuck on connecting.

And so it begins...

edit: typical it would connect after I post.

Now a 2600 queue. Knew I shouldn't have played those 2 games of CS. Oh well.

Feeroper

I want to roll up a new character on a different server - looking mainly at Tichondrius (PVP) or Emerald Dream (RPPVP) - cant decide which one.

Anyone from either server able to offer up any comment on what is good? I'm going Alliance and I understand both of those are pretty even Horde/Alliance split. Basically, I want some good world PvP.

carlsojo

Soooo

1) I just got my physical Legion Collector's Edition and upgraded my account. It was already digitally upgraded to Legion.

2) I contacted customer service to give my digital Legion upgrade to my wife. (If anyone else is doing something similar, you'll need your friend's email address.) It went through, she got Legion applied to her account, as well as the character boost.

3) My account kept the character boost from the digital upgrade, and now has AN ADDITIONAL boost from the physical upgrade.

TL;DR I got a second character boost for free.

Magnus

Wtf queues already for you guys? Is that for EU realms?

I moved off of Mal'ganis US (a notoriously high pop realm) back to my home guild's server (Suramar-Draka US), much lower pop. I'm hoping it'll mean a smooth launch. They claimed to have like zero issues during WoD's launch whereas Mal'ganis was ok, but had queues and some lag.

Hixx

I moved off of Mal'ganis US (a notoriously high pop realm) back to my home guild's server (Suramar-Draka US), much lower pop. I'm hoping it'll mean a smooth launch. They claimed to have like zero issues during WoD's launch whereas Mal'ganis was ok, but had queues and some lag.

EU Silvermoon. One of the highest pop. Launch week will suck with queues but I will never regret moving over from my old realm.

Magnus

Soooo

1) I just got my physical Legion Collector's Edition and upgraded my account. It was already digitally upgraded to Legion.

2) I contacted customer service to give my digital Legion upgrade to my wife. (If anyone else is doing something similar, you'll need your friend's email address.) It went through, she got Legion applied to her account, as well as the character boost.

3) My account kept the character boost from the digital upgrade, and now has AN ADDITIONAL boost from the physical upgrade.

TL;DR I got a second character boost for free.

Yeah, I just upgraded my account and also noticed the second boost available. I've put in the ticket to CS to refund my standard key (last time they mailed it to me and I was able to sell/give it away myself without needing a friend's email address), but until I hear from CS, I went ahead and used both boosts on the off-chance they wouldn't retroactively remove one of them.

With WoD, this didn't happen. Maybe this is their olive branch to CE buyers who are stiffed by only getting a key back instead of $$/game time?

Hopefully it sticks for us both!

I have a 100 hunter and DK to add to the stable of alts now!

Btw, how did you contact CS, through the ticket system as well?

EU playerbase is stacked up on like 6 servers. Some of em are prolly getting quoues now as they are "locked" as status but I aint gonna log out and try:p

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Mythic heirlooms dont have + xp % right?

Nah. just scale up to 110, basically saves you a trinket slot while levelling....though I don't remember what the 110 ilevel is offhand

Not going to be able to really play until Wednesday....hopefully will still be able to get into the thick of things.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Nah. just scale up to 110, basically saves you a trinket slot while levelling....though I don't remember what the 110 ilevel is offhand

Not going to be able to really play until Wednesday....hopefully will still be able to get into the thick of things.

I think it's 810, but don't quote me on that.

Magnus

Fuck me, I never went and got any heirloom trinkets. They disappear tomorrow?

I've never even done a mythic lol. Ducked out of WoD right around the time they got introduced. I better try one tonight with the guild.

Lanrutcon

EU Silvermoon. One of the highest pop. Launch week will suck with queues but I will never regret moving over from my old realm.

It's got nothing to do with pop.

I'm on a low pop server which never hits medium, even at peak. Current queue is 36 minutes. That's bullshit, because it means we're sharing login servers with high pop realms or something. There is absolutely no way enough people showed up tonight to fill up a realm that was a ghost town up till yesterday.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was never a big fan of NOT changing gear while lvling up, kinda defeats the purpose. but then gain I like the lvling proccess so

Hixx

I'm on a low pop server which never hits medium, even at peak. Current queue is 36 minutes. That's bullshit, because it means we're sharing login servers with high pop realms or something. There is absolutely no way enough people showed up tonight to fill up a realm that was a ghost town up till yesterday.

It's saying Realm is Full.

Login queue has a different message.

M.D

Is there any point doing the lead up quest with Khadgar really? just did it on my 4th character and still haven't done it with the Demon Hunter but I'm so sick of it

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

All the servers are phased and sharded together. It doesn't matter what server you're on, it's great.

/s

Is there any point doing the lead up quest with Khadgar really? just did it on my 4th character and still haven't done it with the Demon Hunter but I'm so sick of it

I'd imagine you can't reach the new zone without it if the end of the quest is any indication.

ampere

I was never a big fan of NOT changing gear while lvling up, kinda defeats the purpose. but then gain I like the lvling proccess so

I don't really care when leveling, but I get a big rush from the gear reset of spamming dungeons at level cap. Everything is an upgrade and it feels great.

Wait, it doesn't matter what the population size of your realm is? I'm still going to encounter log-in queues even though I'm not on a large population or full server? Well, that sort of nullifies one of the reasons I moved to Hyjal before Legion.

Rhaknar

EDL45MJ.png

lhjhbB9.gif

Rhaknar

oh and btw, for the dude asking about if you needed to do all the zones, one of the artifact skins (the second?) unlocks when you finish all the zones also

Pyrogeek

I hopped on the Beta briefly earlier this week and dabbled with a Fury Warrior. Despite my altitist, I have never actually dabbled with a warrior at all but enjoyed what I played so much that I am seriously considering boosting one as my main for Legion. I am trying to talk myself out of it. Should I just pull the trigger?

My current plans were to main as an Unholy DK. I have previously mained my Shaman on prior expansions.

Hixx

Wait, it doesn't matter what the population size of your realm is? I'm still going to encounter log-in queues even though I'm not on a large population or full server? Well, that sort of nullifies one of the reasons I moved to Hyjal before Legion.

People on the forums saying their realm has no queue, so...

Top Bottom