• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Jag

Hmm, how are people transmoging the Illidan glaives if you can't do old content on your DH until launch? Is that the new transmog system at work?

You can do old content on your DH. Mine has been farming old instances.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hmm, how are people transmoging the Illidan glaives if you can't do old content on your DH until launch? Is that the new transmog system at work?
You can do old content. There's just a short lockout on demon hunters that prevents them from doing old raids right after they're made. It's the same thing that happens when you boost a character.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also, no one is transmogging illidan glaives because you can't transmog them. They are just equipping the actual items.

ampere

Digital is the future. No longer delayed packages :3

Don't think I've bought anything physical in years.

I'm all aboard the digital train now too. I've gotten rid of most of my old physical media. It's awesome

I bought BC and WOTLK physical. BC had a lineup of hundreds of people at 6AM on a weekday...I'm from a small city in northern ontario that had bylaws preventing a midnight launch. It was -40 outside and people still turned out in droves (thankfully they let us in the mall early). I actually had a lot of fun waiting in line talking to people.

WOTLK? No line. Everyone had already moved on to digital. I got a poster out of it though.

I think the last thing I waited in line for was Halo 3. Now even consoles have gone digital

RPGCrazied

Interesting seeing how this runs on an integrated video card. Lol. Not pretty. 13 - 15fps in Tanaris.

At least I can get some XP while I wait for my new PC and Legion CE. Plus if you stand around in the zone during an invasion you get lots of free XP and item boxes. So, worth dealing with the shit performance.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How about UK?

Edit - Also, what's everyones starting zone gonna be?

the frontpage of mmochampion has a countdown timer going. It's just under 7 hours away for europe.

M.D

You can do old content on your DH. Mine has been farming old instances.

You can do old content. There's just a short lockout on demon hunters that prevents them from doing old raids right after they're made. It's the same thing that happens when you boost a character.

Oh, I read that wrong and made my DH just last night.
Thanks!

ampere

I can't wait to download a PS4 neo!

GiBQeGj.jpg

Meguro

Banned
I've made some bad decisions and now I'll be up for the Legion launch over here in Europe.
Sure hope the servers don't collapse.

crpav

Sometimes I hate the communities in games. I have been trying to get a small group together to help me with Blood Infusion but nothing. Got a whisper the other day asking how much am I paying. I said "um list a price" Reply is 1.5 k...I suppose then they are like "wait, what class are you?" I said Paladin then silence.

Tried to put together a custom group. Would get an application here and there. Say Hi then they would leave. I miss being in a guild of people that were helpful. I can solo ICC easily I just need a few people to bite.

Same for "easy" achs like Only the Penitent. Only one I need for that meta.

carlsojo

How about UK?

Edit - Also, what's everyones starting zone gonna be?

I think Highmountain for me. Tauren and kobolds don't interest me much so I want to get it out of the way. Plus the new Aviana's Feather is found there I think.

Stormheim looks the best, so I want to save it for last.

What about a bag addon? Anything nicer then titan panel?

ArkInventory is the single most comprehensive bag addon though it requires some setup and a little knowledge of code to get working nicely. If you want something simpler then AdiBags was my second favorite. Sorts categories for you. Bagnon for a simple all-in-one bag with no bells and whistles.

For making alignment of your frames easier, I suggest https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ealign-updated. Only works for 16:9, but ampere a couple weeks back suggested a way to tweak the code to make it behave for 16:10 if necessary.

Sykotik

I'm having a resubsistential crisis at the moment. Also expansistential.

I feel as though I am at such a disadvantage if I hop back in right now, I don't know if I even want to bother.

I only have one 100 on a server I know no one on. I have a boat load of 85s on a dead server. No Rockefeller amounts of G since I only played WoD for about a week. Zero preparation for the expansion in any form.

Yet, it keeps pulling at me.

carlsojo

I'm having a resubsistential crisis at the moment. Also expansistential.

I feel as though I am at such a disadvantage if I hop back in right now, I don't know if I even want to bother.

I only have one 100 on a server I know no one on. I have a boat load of 85s on a dead server. No Rockefeller amounts of G since I only played WoD for about a week. Zero preparation for the expansion in any form.

Yet, it keeps pulling at me.

Transfer or boost a character on a high pop server or one with a bunch of gaffers?

I'm alliance on wyrmrest accord and horde on zuljin.

Magnus

Hey friends,

My Legion Physical CE came with another Free 'Jaina' hero for Heroes of the Storm. I already redeemed one from my Overwatch CE.

Quote to reveal the code, first come first served!

Somnia

Decided to main my Demon Hunter - Havoc. I'll alt my Hunter - Marksman and DK - Blood. Though I will focus almost all of my time on my DH as I just really love the feel of the class. I know there will be tons of them, but whatever I am excited to get going.

Chris R

When we hit our bandwidth cap our ISP throttles us to 50kbps down.

VERY happy to see that it's "enough" to play WoW. Now I'll have a game I can play for the final week+ every month when we go over! Wasn't perfect by any means, and I did end up dying a bunch to invasion bosses with their spells but whatever, it worked.

Also, the 100 boost is REALLY cool, wish they would have the skill reset/tutorial available for players who haven't played in quite some time though with how much stuff has changed.

e90Mark

Sometimes I hate the communities in games. I have been trying to get a small group together to help me with Blood Infusion but nothing. Got a whisper the other day asking how much am I paying. I said "um list a price" Reply is 1.5 k...I suppose then they are like "wait, what class are you?" I said Paladin then silence.

Tried to put together a custom group. Would get an application here and there. Say Hi then they would leave. I miss being in a guild of people that were helpful. I can solo ICC easily I just need a few people to bite.

Same for "easy" achs like Only the Penitent. Only one I need for that meta.
Are you US horde? I saw someone asking about this the other day in trade/lfg. Small chance it's you, but your post reminded me of it.
When we hit our bandwidth cap our ISP throttles us to 50kbps down.

VERY happy to see that it's "enough" to play WoW. Now I'll have a game I can play for the final week+ every month when we go over! Wasn't perfect by any means, and I did end up dying a bunch to invasion bosses with their spells but whatever, it worked.

Also, the 100 boost is REALLY cool, wish they would have the skill reset/tutorial available for players who haven't played in quite some time though with how much stuff has changed.

Back in 06/07, I was playing WoW/D2 on 56k (dialup). Never had an issue back then and it's mainly the reason why I chose to support Blizzard since then. Being able to play those games on 56k was absolutely amazing to me as a kid.

notworksafe

It was a tough choice, but I think Bear Druid is going to be my first to level. I mean...have you SEEN the artifact stuff for them? Wow...that was the deciding factor

CUsMhnCUYAQFx9C.jpg

Fjordson

Nice OT Rösti!

Man I'm going to be a zombie at work tomorrow. Keep telling myself that I won't stay up tonight playing, but...that's a lie. Unless the servers crap out and make that decision for me.

It was a tough choice, but I think Bear Druid is going to be my first to level. I mean...have you SEEN the artifact stuff for them? Wow...that was the deciding factor

CUsMhnCUYAQFx9C.jpg
Oh shit, that's awesome. I didn't even think of what bears would be getting, but bear form skins is perfect.

Zelias

Banned

CUsMhnCUYAQFx9C.jpg
Have to admit, I'm tempted to level a Feral druid even though I hugely prefer Balance as a spec, just because of how unbelievably baller their forms are.

notworksafe

Yeah I'd been waffling between Monk and Druid tank but that put me over the edge. Also factoring in was that Monk gear is generally kinda uggo, even though they are super fun. :(

Top Bottom