• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tecnniqe

Banned
Just noticed this on my launcher

"With maintenance in each region, starting on August 9, the Burning Legion’s incursion on Azeroth will get underway, and players who have pre-purchased the expansion will begin creating their first Demon Hunters."

Z290CNAT0K8R1469817421199.gif

=) Date drop on Q&A ruined the surprise :D

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
hello yes i'm an EU player, is there an EU GAF guild or something similar? or can i be added to the list? sorry for being a noob have a great day.

Tarazet

Is there a list or guide of things I should do to prep for Legion? Got to level 100 in WoD and that's about it.

I mean, you can do Mythic Dungeons for heirloom trinkets or the shipyard quests to try for the heirloom rings, but they're hardly mandatory. I was happy leveling in WoD without any looms at all. The endgame is always where it starts and there's nothing you can do now to prepare for it.

You could do some fishing to get a Water Strider if you haven't already. There's the Azure Water Strider from Nat Pagle in Krasarang Wilds, and the Crimson Water Strider from fishing up coins/lunkers in Draenor. Those friendly little bugs will be super useful in Legion.

Shahadan

Soooo which Legion zone will you chose first?

I'm still undecided. I'm partial to Stormheim cause vrykuls and keepers are cool.

Ark

Soooo which Legion zone will you chose first?

I'm still undecided. I'm partial to Stormheim cause vrykuls and keepers are cool.

How do we even get to Legion? Will there be a boat from Stormwind harbour? I don't want to take a portal, I want an awesome boat experience like WoTLK :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why would anyone want to waste time with followers now anyway? Still a mount, companion or toy missing?

Shahadan

How do we even get to Legion? Will there be a boat from Stormwind harbour? I don't want to take a portal, I want an awesome boat experience like WoTLK :(

Dalaran event with a cut scene

After that, probably only the neo dalaran hearthstone? Haven't checked that actually

Invert

Neo Member
Is there a list or guide of things I should do to prep for Legion? Got to level 100 in WoD and that's about it.

Quickest way I've found to get gear, bar being lucky and having a guild ready to carry you through HFC is PvP. You get gear out of loot boxes that can go up to i700 and you can spend the tokens you get from winning on a fairly large portion of 710 gear. The only thing you can't get with tokens atm are rings/trinkets. I got my boosted shammy up to 689 on Tuesday, ran a few more on Wednesday to get up to ~700 and that allowed me to get into heroic hfc pretty easily.

strafer

Why would anyone want to waste time with followers now anyway? Still a mount, companion or toy missing?

I dont understand this line of thinking. You realise there are people who like to finish stuff and collect stuff in this game right?

not everyone is just blasting through the game and then whines that there's nothing to do.

M.D

What heirlooms should I get for a Protection Warrior? I think I read you don't really need specific tanking heirlooms and it's better to go for DPS ones because you're not going to have problems surviving anyway, but that was for Blood DK

carlsojo

What heirlooms should I get for a Protection Warrior? I think I read you don't really need specific tanking heirlooms and it's better to go for DPS ones because you're not going to have problems surviving anyway, but that was for Blood DK

I just got the regular strength plate so I could use it on all my plate wearers. Valor I think? You don't even really need the weapon/shield heirlooms unless you want to be super OP.

ampere

Hey guys. Quick question. I'm trying to help my guild get the Galakras mount achievements. I know Klaxxi has to be repeated. What's the best way to get a kick out that we can reuse for the next few weeks? Should I just bring an alt and we kill up to the Klaxxi, then ... What do we do? Lol Do we disband the group, does my alt pass leader to someone else and then we kill the boss thus leaving the lockout on my alt? If anybody can help clarify I would appreciate it.

You've got the right idea. Have an alt get the Siegecrafter Blackfuse kill, have that alt leave the group, and then when you reform make them raid leader and have them zone in first. After everyone else zones in, have that alt leave group, rinse repeat.

Finally got the intro screen for our guild meeting up and running. Since armory was down I had to use the WoWhead model viewer instead - tedious work.

So we're meeting tonight for the first time in a year, and the plan is that while we're having some drinks and some appetizers, this will be running along with a 'Fantasy Music Ambient Mix' something, and after that there's a 60 slide presentation presented by our Guild Master as to our plans for Legion. Gonna be so fucking nerdy and I love it.

mFIgVLv.gif

And in 4K here

This is pretty sweet. Good work :)

There actually aren't any tank specific heirlooms anymore. Bonus Armor has been converted to Versatility or another stat

Lomax

Does anyone know how big a clean install is now? Because after the patch my install is at 51 gb which is crazy (22 gb more than it was) and I'm wondering if a clean install is any smaller or if they just massively increased the install size permanently.

ampere

Does anyone know how big a clean install is now? Because after the patch my install is at 51 gb which is crazy (22 gb more than it was) and I'm wondering if a clean install is any smaller or if they just massively increased the install size permanently.

My wow folder is 46.4GB right now, but the data folder is 46.1GB, so I don't think you can go any lower than 46.

Tenebrous

Mine is 48.9GB.

Anyone EU/Horde want a boost through some 62-68 dungeons? I'm powering through them for transmog anyway so thought I'd ask.

Lomax

My wow folder is 46.4GB right now, but the data folder is 46.1GB, so I don't think you can go any lower than 46.

Ugh, that's just shitty. I understand their need to try to progress the engine and add more resources, but increasing the install size by that much for a single expansion is insane. Is everything in Legion voiced? Because that's usually the culprit.

It's so annoying finding belts that match transmogs.

Good belts are few and far between. Mail is the best, it has a couple of belts that are so thin they disappear with almost every set. But I've found myself starting with belts and building sets to match from there because it's just always the limiter.

MMaRsu

Almost lvl 90 :D :D :D :D :D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I sold a pack of 200 Borean Leather for like 850gold.. how sick is that? Or is that normal these days o_O

Tecnniqe

Banned
Oh man, we're going to have a infestation of Illidan puns in 2 weeks arnt we...

Im considering making it on Silvermoon for the hell of it =)

Perhaps the time to use RP server is here. Illidan puns will be removed swiftly!

strafer

Oh man, we're going to have a infestation of Illidan puns in 2 weeks arnt we...

Im considering making it on Silvermoon for the hell of it =)

Perhaps the time to use RP server is here. Illidan puns will be removed swiftly!

Haven't those existed since TBC? :p

Tenebrous

Thanks. Are there any fancy ways to powerlevel professions now?

Go to Warspear (or whatever the Alliance alternative is) & buy Draenor <insert profession here> for 100g. It unlocks 1-700 right away, and gives you a few recipes which can be spammed relatively cheaply to get 600+ with.

No profession should cost you more than 2-3k to get too 600, and none should take more than 5 mins.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i really don't understand how discipline priest is viable. does it suddenly become worthwhile at level 110? because at the moment it's not a healing class.

Milennia

It does look mighty rewarding to pull off. What other classes/specs have a similar skill cap, in your opinion? You've no doubt done a lot more testing than what I have.

Only thing close to that is probably shadow priest in surrender to madness

Everything else I find to be pretty easy

A lot of people see surrender and have literally no idea just what it's capable of doing or how to play it out properly it's pretty complex to get the most out of it

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It has a very high skill cap and is good if you play it well.
Okay but why would anyone want to play it instead of holy? It might be good if you can play it well, but I don't see how it can compete with the amount of healing a holy priest can fart out.

Milennia

Okay but why would anyone want to play it instead of holy? It might be good if you can play it well, but I don't see how it can compete with the amount of healing a holy priest can fart out.

Because as I mentioned, if you play it well it can compete and people like complexity

And it does dps on top of competing, making it good for damage checks

Don't really expect the vast majority to be playing that spec, you will probably never see it outside of like bleeding edge progress or mythic+ And even then it will be used for the job I mentioned, damage checks whilst doing competitive healing

Top Bottom