• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Wait, it doesn't matter what the population size of your realm is? I'm still going to encounter log-in queues even though I'm not on a large population or full server? Well, that sort of nullifies one of the reasons I moved to Hyjal before Legion.

yes it matters. there are still servers (not sure why people are saying anything contrary). Sharding and such happens on demand. It is not the same thing as combining servers.

All the servers are phased and sharded together. It doesn't matter what server you're on, it's great.

/s

this is not correct. All servers within a battlerealm have the ability to spin off shards in a zone if it gets crowded.. but a server is still a server at the data and account management level. That hasn't changed. Servers that CAN participate in sharding together don't share a login queue or such.

EDL45MJ.png

lhjhbB9.gif
Randy Orton has his own legendary.

JSoup

Banned
Do we know where to, uh, stand this time? For MoP, you just had to be in a capital city. For WoD, you had to out near the Dark Portal. I assumed this time the arcane servant would just come fetch you or something.

frequency

Do we know where to, uh, stand this time? For MoP, you just had to be in a capital city. For WoD, you had to out near the Dark Portal. I assumed this time the arcane servant would just come fetch you or something.

In front of Khadgar in Dalaran (the one above Karazhan)?

You get a cutscene of Dalaran being teleported. And so begins your Legion journey.

Xando

You have to speak to khadgar in Dalaran (deadwind pass) where you had the last pre quest

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

people seem to make a bet that it's in
dalaran above deadwind pass, i dunno if that's been confirmed tho

[edit] yeah, this seems to confirm it: spoilerised link

[edit] spoiling just in case

Tarazet

Yeah, it's a shame that Disc doesn't do great in 5-mans. They don't really have the tools to do a great job as the only heals in a group.

I really want Blizz to get it right, because it's such a cool idea for a spec.

I think Disc would be amazing as a second healer in a 5 man Mythic+, but I don't know how many folks are going to think outside the box like that. It's hard enough to get one healer consistently.

Xeteh

Soooo

1) I just got my physical Legion Collector's Edition and upgraded my account. It was already digitally upgraded to Legion.

2) I contacted customer service to give my digital Legion upgrade to my wife. (If anyone else is doing something similar, you'll need your friend's email address.) It went through, she got Legion applied to her account, as well as the character boost.

3) My account kept the character boost from the digital upgrade, and now has AN ADDITIONAL boost from the physical upgrade.

TL;DR I got a second character boost for free.

You hacker.

so you have to have capped professions to start the new profession quests right?

I have none except herbalism on my druid and mining on my warrior

(and the blacksmithing i'm gonna have on my paladin once boosted)

Xando

so you have to have capped professions to start the new profession quests right?

I have none except herbalism on my druid and mining on my warrior

(and the blacksmithing i'm gonna have on my paladin once boosted)

You can get the profession starting quests with skill 1 (atleast on beta) but the profession world quests apparently require atleast 300

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so the whole Windrunner posse is in Legion right?

Lain

If you have two WoW accounts under 1 Bnet can you play them at the same time?

You can and it's what I like the most about having two accounts. Access to all mounts, toys, transmogs so I can taxi around my alts without issues and easily unlocks stuff for everyone.

Soooo

1) I just got my physical Legion Collector's Edition and upgraded my account. It was already digitally upgraded to Legion.

2) I contacted customer service to give my digital Legion upgrade to my wife. (If anyone else is doing something similar, you'll need your friend's email address.) It went through, she got Legion applied to her account, as well as the character boost.

3) My account kept the character boost from the digital upgrade, and now has AN ADDITIONAL boost from the physical upgrade.

TL;DR I got a second character boost for free.

Huh, I should do this.

Respect

Just saw the cost of the new kirin tor ring...

giphy.gif

I'm sure many have that kind of gold to spare...I do not count myself among you...if I pooled all my characters gold from both factions on all servers I could maybe get together 250k. Still wouldn't get the ring.

M.D

giphy.gif

I'm sure many have that kind of gold to spare...I do not count myself among you...if I pooled all my characters gold from both factions on all servers I could maybe get together 250k. Still wouldn't get the ring.

I just mentioned that in my guild chat and some guy said 250k is not a lot and not hard to get, I said that 250k is plenty for a majority of the player base even if a lot of people got rich off garrisons and even if you have a lot of gold that doesn't mean you have 250k to spend

He kept saying not really and I said how would get 250k, he said he has 800k, I asked if he got it from garrisons and all he said is no

Thanks bro, very helpful!

antonz

David Brevik and his wife had some comments on the current gold problem in wow on their stream last night and they were pretty on point.

Blizzard fucked up when they made Garrisons give as much gold as they did and it created way too much wealth but they fucked up even worse when they removed the ability to make a ton of gold completely as well.

Everything is so ungodly expensive now due to their original fuck up and their second fuck up basically made it so anyone who returns to the game or is new to the game has no realistic way to catch up and afford the things that are now priced out of their means.

ampere

I just mentioned that in my guild chat and some guy said 250k is not a lot and not hard to get, I said that 250k is plenty for a majority of the player base even if a lot of people got rich off garrisons and even if you have a lot of gold that doesn't mean you have 250k to spend

He kept saying not really and I said how would get 250k, he said he has 800k, I asked if he got it from garrisons and all he said is no

Thanks bro, very helpful!

250k isn't peanuts for the average player, but neither was the 5k or w/e the old Dalaran ring was. I couldn't afford that at the start of WotLK, I had about 1k. But by the end I saved up and bought a mammoth with vendors.

They should have added a new vendor mount with an auctioneer :p

I'm a but worried I prefer order the ce from bestbuy.ca in December and still no shipping notice... I hope the order is still OK and it ships tommorrow! Anyone else get a shipping notice?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
OMFG I WAS SPECCED FROST WHEN I WENT THRU AND I'M PRETTY SURE I GOT THE FROST ARTIFACT QUEST EVEN THOUGH I WANTED ARCANE FML

[edit] ignore this it was just the pre-quest phew

antonz

I'm a but worried I prefer order the ce from bestbuy.ca in December and still no shipping notice... I hope the order is still OK and it ships tommorrow! Anyone else get a shipping notice?

BestBuy.ca says it should already be available as its already onsale in stores. If it hasn't shipped yet that's fucked up as it says CE was available online several days ago

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
David Brevik and his wife had some comments on the current gold problem in wow on their stream last night and they were pretty on point.

Blizzard fucked up when they made Garrisons give as much gold as they did and it created way too much wealth but they fucked up even worse when they removed the ability to make a ton of gold completely as well.

Everything is so ungodly expensive now due to their original fuck up and their second fuck up basically made it so anyone who returns to the game or is new to the game has no realistic way to catch up and afford the things that are now priced out of their means.

Can't you still get a lot of gold from Class Halls missions?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm seems you cant buy the Titanstrike bow skin before owning Titanstrike I guess, nothing on the vendor yet

Reckoner

Just got the "In the Blink of an Eye" quest to witness the teleportation of Dalaran. So, no more Invasions? Needed more Nethershards to buy some more items.

Respect

Yeah, I was apart of the mass exodus of WoD a few months after release, so I never saw much return on investment in the garrisons I had. In turn, didn't really have much of an idea of how much gold folks got off of that thing if you worked it regularly.

Remember the original ring was pretty crazy in price too and never got that either.

cdyhybrid

giphy.gif

That's the whole point behind it. It's a gold dump for some mild convenience.

Top Bottom