• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lomax

One other question:

I need to go back and get 25 Man Portal Jockey achievement in ICC.

How many competent level 100 healers do I realistically need to get that done?

One completely incompetent 100 healer can do it. Source: me, I've never healed at all, I specced holy on my paladin and it heals her in like two heals. If you don't manage it before the portal pops, just take a portal and reset it and try again. Or just wait until 110 when you can probably do it with a bandage.

cdyhybrid

They only drop from:

So unless the daily chest is doable really soon (I think it's a 110 class hall thing), we won't see them start dropping until people are hitting 110 in large numbers

Usually under an hour, but depends on how busy the service is. Transferring now? No idea, but it might be faster than a long server queue
Assuming you got that from the Medivh guide- he refers to World Quests as dailies (maybe lost in translation from the original, Russian version), so "daily chest" is just your emissary chest for world quests.

You can do those as soon as you unlock world quests, so shortly after you hit 110.

BestBuy.ca says it should already be available as its already onsale in stores. If it hasn't shipped yet that's fucked up as it says CE was available online several days ago

Okay, I had ordered this back in November along with Zelda WiiU and some other titles. Over time hey shipped the others to me one by one but at some point with only Legion CE and Zelda WiiU left in the cart it changed to "ship when all items available". So I had to call in and the rep made me a new order with Zelda WiiU and applied the same promo price (from their pre-order deal), and then cancelled Zelda from my old order. Immediately it changed to "arrives by Sep 01" for Legion CE. So I guess if you got Legion from Best Buys pre-order deal back in Nov, double-check your order and call Customer Support if it didn't get a notice by now!

Tarazet

One completely incompetent 100 healer can do it. Source: me, I've never healed at all, I specced holy on my paladin and it heals her in like two heals. If you don't manage it before the portal pops, just take a portal and reset it and try again. Or just wait until 110 when you can probably do it with a bandage.

I've done it with Effuse as a Brewmaster Monk when I was going through there to cheese the Been Waiting A Long Time For This achievement. Super easy.

M.D

OK, let's say I main a Demon Hunter for legion.
I'm still not sure if I'm going to tank for my guild but I'm going to level up as Vengeance and use my artifact power for it.
How hard is it to simultaneously keep up with all that's needed for the DPS spec?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
One of the most amazing artifacts, easily. I have no interest in the spec, but might play it a bit on my alt for the artifact :p

Word, you basically just troll the fuck out of Gul'Dan and sort of save the world in the process. It's great.

got my Legion CE, completing the set of blizzard CEs (that isn't overwatch because that thing was fucking lame)

WC3 thru legion. feels good

what's the lore reason for BE Demon Hunters? I thought everyone could be them, but they made them elf only which is fine, but I don't get BEs?

i made a pretty lady

oh did I just figure it out

Lomax

Do not think the states will go so well lol.

I dunno, it's stupidly late for a launch in over half the country, so I only really see PST servers being all that swamped. I remember in earlier launches it was actually busier during the day on Tuesday (in terms of queues) than it was at midnight, and that's when it actually launched at midnight server time on all servers.

Xando

Anyone else playing fire notices that when you use the artifact skill it sometimes oneshots enemies or am i going crazy?

what's the lore reason for BE Demon Hunters? I thought everyone could be them, but they made them elf only which is fine, but I don't get BEs?

Elves work better. Illidan helped train the initial batch of Demon Hunters, and he only trusted his fellow Night Elves, and eventually got a massive number of Blood Elves from Kael'thas to train (you can see them all over Outlands).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
aluneth mocks me

Wait did you eu people have a few minutes where you had a new XP bar but the dalaran quest hadn't started yet?

I wanna know so if I should turn in these completed quests and have time to get to Dalarn or just stay in Dalaran

TheYanger

OK, let's say I main a Demon Hunter for legion.
I'm still not sure if I'm going to tank for my guild but I'm going to level up as Vengeance and use my artifact power for it.
How hard is it to simultaneously keep up with all that's needed for the DPS spec?

Trivial. Especially levelling, you'llg et ~12 points by the time you hit 110. This amount of AP is actually COMPLETELY inconsequential to 'lose' on your other artifact. For reference, due to the exponential nature of them getting 13 points costs less than JUST the 14th point does. So like. You could have both weapons at 13 for less than it would cost you to get one of them to 14.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
quick thoughts, started in Aszuna, the starting bit with the
Legion
didnt do much for me, but this
Ghost / Naga
questline that leads to
Eye of Azshara
was fantastic

101 now, I might actually hit the sack, kinda tired even tho I slept this afternoon, I think I'd rather play fresh in the morning tbh

M.D

Trivial. Especially levelling, you'llg et ~12 points by the time you hit 110. This amount of AP is actually COMPLETELY inconsequential to 'lose' on your other artifact. For reference, due to the exponential nature of them getting 13 points costs less than JUST the 14th point does. So like. You could have both weapons at 13 for less than it would cost you to get one of them to 14.

Great to hear.
Thanks!

Nere

Did almost all of Stormheim. Seems nice so far but one thing I don't understand is why is Blizzard cramping things so much as the expansions progress? Why not make the zones open like northrend's instead of putting all the places so close to each other and making the zone as small as possible?

Lomax

Did almost all of Stormheim. Seems nice so far but one thing I don't understand is why is Blizzard cramping things so much as the expansions progress? Why not make the zones open like northrend's instead of putting all the places so close to each other and making the zone as small as possible?

Considering it will be at least a few months (and probably more) until they make flying available, I'm sure smaller zones will be appreciated for that reason alone. My assumption is the more concentrated zones is to facilitate the world quests and have people be closer together and more available to work together.

Rafy

OK, so I have a question. Which is the best order in which to do the zones in Legion to level faster? I have the Water Strider mount so getting around in Aszuna quickly will not be an issue.

cdyhybrid

OK, so I have a question. Which is the best order in which to do the zones in Legion to level faster? I have the Water Strider mount so getting around in Aszuna quickly will not be an issue.
There isn't really one. You can try and follow your profession quests if you care about that.

Having to equip some items to add their appearance is dumb. It's hard enough finding some of the mats for these old recipes and now I can't even sell them on the AH if I want to save the appearance for myself.

biaxident

Alright got my fantasy football draft out of the way, gotta get my priest to dalaran then take a nap till 3. How has the EU launch been? Smooth? Ddos'd?

Having to equip some items to add their appearance is dumb. It's hard enough finding some of the mats for these old recipes and now I can't even sell them on the AH if I want to save the appearance for myself.

Items have to be bound to you for you to get their appearance, so you can't collect the appearance and then profit from it.

Top Bottom