• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

LOL

also, I think ive given my demo lock its chance. The new skill you gain hits like a truck, but its a clunky skill to use in a already clunky spec.

Basically it saps 6% life from each demon you have up and does dmg equal to that amount, so you want to use it with as many demons up right? The problem is the ramp up to getting alot of demons up is huge as demo locks know (and complain about) and most have shitty durations so you have to try and squeeze it in when you have enough demons but before the first demons go away, and with a 45 second cooldown on top, it never lines up when you wnt it to and argh...

Fantastic starting quest tho :( Back to my Hunter then

edit: am I missing some quick way to get to the trueshot lodge (hunter class order hall) besides just flying there? I guess I should set my HS there

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Just finished out the pre-patch Broken Shore questline and the follow-up concerning the demon invasion (the Ulduar/Kara quest and stuff). After having just completed this and after watching the little animated shorts.. im mainly focusing on the Harbingers - Khadgar short here.

Spoilers and speculation related to the above::
Anyone else feeling Blizzard is going with Jaina becoming the Guardian?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm I actually dont see anyware to set up a HS on the class order hall, welp! :(

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Decided to run ony for a chance at the bloodfang helm that refuses to drop off Nef (as BWL is still a giant pain to solo for razorgore), and I got the mount!

Good vibes for Legion, I guess.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Just in time :D
wowscrnshot_083016_00hrsgu.jpg

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Aren't there like teleports/portals or something? I know it's different for each hall.

IIRC don't they all connect to Dalaran in some capacity? (Except for DKs/DHs/Monks, who either use their teleport or fly off the edge of Dalaran or something)

Phew got around 3 hours or play before I went to bed, really leaves a good feeling when the launch goes smooth, quest even starting earlier than 0000. No problems at all compared with the messy WoD release. Only took me like 5-10 minutes to complete the artifact quest tho, I somehow thought it was going to be longer but might been my gear being op.

Hope for you US guys to have as smooth release. I was camping in Dalaran over an hour before tho to make sure to not get stuck in server quoues.

Rhaknar

IIRC don't they all connect to Dalaran in some capacity? (Except for DKs/DHs/Monks, who either use their teleport or fly off the edge of Dalaran or something)

there is a portal TO Dalaran in the Lodge but I didnt see any portal TO the lodge in Dalaran, I might have missed it.

anyway, more questing and my first dungeon, Eye of Azshara, and yup, loving the Hunter, Lock isnt even an option anymore (especailly not after that trial earlier).

Love the mobility, dmg seems crazy (I thought Legion zone mobs were supposed to be harder than usual, shit be falling over like flies yo).

Actually really liked Eye of Az too, I can see it being crazy in mythic

edit: oh and by the way, I would be SHOCKED if they dont silence Thokk (or all devilsaurs?) like they silenced the dire beast whistle, that thing is super loud and always growling, im sure people will cry about it

Wunder

there is a portal TO Dalaran in the Lodge but I didnt see any portal TO the lodge in Dalaran, I might have missed it.

anyway, more questing and my first dungeon, Eye of Azshara, and yup, loving the Hunter, Lock isnt even an option anymore (especailly not after that trial earlier).

Love the mobility, dmg seems crazy (I thought Legion zone mobs were supposed to be harder than usual, shit be falling over like flies yo).

Actually really liked Eye of Az too, I can see it being crazy in mythic

edit: oh and by the way, I would be SHOCKED if they dont silence Thokk (or all devilsaurs?) like they silenced the dire beast whistle, that thing is super loud and always growling, im sure people will cry about it

Are you BM or MM? Also what ilvl did you start Legion at? I have a BM hunter and it was really fun/easy to play, wonder if that holds up through to 110.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
well i was hoping i fixed my computer issues before tonight but that doesnt seem to be the case.

i might have to end up leveling without a video card.

Oscar

Torn between Prot Warr or Guardian Drood for my first 110.

Both seem great, the Warrior artifact weapons look underwhelming though.

Rhaknar

Are you BM or MM? Also what ilvl did you start Legion at? I have a BM hunter and it was really fun/easy to play, wonder if that holds up through to 110.

BM, ilvl 700 from the invasion stuff. And yes its both easy, and (for me) fun. Most seem to hate the simplcity tho /shrug

Impulsor

So yesterday before going to bed the first legion quest was bugged with my DH and had to abandon it several times.

Went ahead and logged in with my warrior and chose the Protection artifact.

Gaf, help me, I think I'm gonna tank.

Xeteh

Just got the quest ten mins early, US.

Yep, good stuff. Already started the Shaman artifact quest, it was one I never did on the beta and I'm digging it.

LOL - "I'll see if the Earthen at Stonehearth saw anything." Is a line an NPC says at one point during it and it replays for each player that lands, so it just keeps looping constantly.

Lanrutcon

Seriously not liking the Legion map markers. Wanna turn in a quest? well, my minimap says it gets turned in at X. My big map shows Y. Which is it? guess I'll have to fucking check both.

Impulsor

Why are some artifacts so visually awesome and others so incredibly lame?

As a warrior, fury artifacts look pretty awesome with a cool Fire effect on the blades... Protect? Sword and shield, not ugly, but I'd also love some awesome lights.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
We in here. On my way to get my artifact now.

Help... I'm level 91 was doing invasions and they EXP squished and so they're pointless now. What's the best way for a mage to level? Also did they take Heirloom vendors out of the game?

Zelias

Banned
Well, doing the Blood artifact line at 102 as Frost was interesting. Could probably have used the extra survivability of Blood. Did it though!

EditL Oh, shit. Doing the Fallen Star questline and...
Turalyon!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'like you I wield a powerful artifact -- the scythe of souls'

you mean that trash scythe that drops from a wod rare? 'powerful artifact'

Rhaknar

all your artifact power belongs to me! give me more mooooore!

Goddamnit.

I thought I had decided a spec but when faced with the actual choice I'm stuck. I know fire is the best, but I've been frost forever... But I like Aluneth as an artifact. But I've never seriously played Arcane.

Argh.

I wasn't going to get Legion for a few weeks, need to level my proffs before I start as I've been away a while. Managed 10h and 12 mins from launch before I bought the download key.

Top Bottom