• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

carlsojo

Highmountain is so much like Stonetalon. It's gorgeous, and it gives me that same adventurous exploring feeling I got back in Vanilla.

Ashodin

Had to relog, one of my addons was breaking it, but I'm unsure which one.

Holy FUUUCK ALL YOUR WEAPON SKINS ARE IN YOUR ORDER HALL :O

Does anyone have a guide or info on the best way to level 90-100 now with Invasions gone? I don't have the money to do +300% experience nor do I have flying in draenor. Draenor was an expansion I really didn't like so I never really got very far in it.

Does anyone have a guide or info on the best way to level 90-100 now with Invasions gone? I don't have the money to do +300% experience nor do I have flying in draenor. Draenor was an expansion I really didn't like so I never really got very far in it.

Do the Bonus Objectives in WoD. They give like 70k-125k exp, and most of them are pretty quick.

Well, I have flying, so this will undoubtedly be much slower for you. Make sure you have handynotes Draenor treasures installed. Make sure to always have the experience potion from your garrison quartermaster popped. Do quests and grab every treasure you can until 92 in your starting zones. Immediately go to Gorgrond. Do every quest there, and as many of the bonus objectives as you can manage. This should get you to 95 at the least. Then go to talador, and do the intro quest line to get the blueprint book. From there you should be at least 96, go to Spires of Arak, and when you eventually build your outpost, build the brewery /inn for extra experience in Spires. Make sure to do the blueprint questline , and do as many quests and bonus objectives as you like. I stay there till 99 then go to Nagrand. Doing the intro blueprint questline there should get you pretty close to 100. If not, Nagrand has a lot of easy kill quests and also some nice bonus objectives. Basically this whole time, keep up that potion XP bonus, and grab every treasure that isn't an inconvenience.

If you get the blueprint in Gorgrond, talador, Spires, and Nagrand, you can exchange them for the most expensive blueprints in warspear/stormshield and then sell those for 5k total.

I also always had heirlooms, so my perception of it is kinda skewed, but that there should make 90-100 pretty easy. And if you're a bit short, I always left the zones early. The only zone I ever fully complete is Gorgrond. There's plenty of XP leftover throughout each zone. I did this on most of my 12 100s, so I recommend it

Right now Early Sim results show Arcane is the worst spec in the game of any class to the point the next worst spec does over double the dps of arcane.

Yea. Frost does at least twice as much. I think I saw Arcane @ 840 doing sub 90k, and the next closest was like 190k (Windwalker Monk I believe).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Aszuna down, 3 to go :D

also, honored with the faction there like the videos aid (if you do the whole zone you get honored basically)

maybe its me being away for a year and half (before returning a month ago), maybe its not playing WoD barely at all, maybe its the wrath nostalgia that, lets face it, Legion is hitting hard.

Whatever the case, I thought Aszuna was fantastic. I love the look, I love the mobs there (yay no more fucking orcs), some great quest lines like the
ghost stuff with the naga
, the
old dragon stuff
and this
pirate-y arena feud with the giants
, great dungeon, just a really good zone I thought.

I dont think its a coincidence we see vrykul, sea giants, naga, hell even some MoP favorites like hozen and those fish guys. They are scrubbing WoD out of existence hard lol

I dont think its a coincidence we see vrykul, sea giants, naga, hell even some MoP favorites like hozen and those fish guys. They are scrubbing WoD out of existence hard lol

That's logical. They tried to make it the oldest beings from each continent, and some of the more antiquated races. WoD definitely suffered from only having like 5-6 kinds of wild life, a trillion orcs, and the damn Arrakoa. Hopefully Legion has more diversity with its NPCs.

Right now Early Sim results show Arcane is the worst spec in the game of any class to the point the next worst spec does over double the dps of arcane.

Jesus. I'm a big proponent of playing the class/spec you like but that's just horrible and would make me reconsider.

Wunder

omg hozen and jinyu are back? I was a bit miffed they didnt bring a single hozen or jinyu NPC forward, granted it wouldve been weird in WoD but still. Glad they're back, they're awesome! I hope I get to interact with some jinyu, as Horde I hardly saw em apart from one or two quests in Valley of the Four Winds/Krasarang.

Do the Bonus Objectives in WoD. They give like 70k-125k exp, and most of them are pretty quick.

Well, I have flying, so this will undoubtedly be much slower for you. Make sure you have handynotes Draenor treasures installed. Make sure to always have the experience potion from your garrison quartermaster popped. Do quests and grab every treasure you can until 92 in your starting zones. Immediately go to Gorgrond. Do every quest there, and as many of the bonus objectives as you can manage. This should get you to 95 at the least. Then go to talador, and do the intro quest line to get the blueprint book. From there you should be at least 96, go to Spires of Arak, and when you eventually build your outpost, build the brewery /inn for extra experience in Spires. Make sure to do the blueprint questline , and do as many quests and bonus objectives as you like. I stay there till 99 then go to Nagrand. Doing the intro blueprint questline there should get you pretty close to 100. If not, Nagrand has a lot of easy kill quests and also some nice bonus objectives. Basically this whole time, keep up that potion XP bonus, and grab every treasure that isn't an inconvenience.

If you get the blueprint in Gorgrond, talador, Spires, and Nagrand, you can exchange them for the most expensive blueprints in warspear/stormshield and then sell those for 5k total.

I also always had heirlooms, so my perception of it is kinda skewed, but that there should make 90-100 pretty easy. And if you're a bit short, I always left the zones early. The only zone I ever fully complete is Gorgrond. There's plenty of XP leftover throughout each zone. I did this on most of my 12 100s, so I recommend it

I found this. It's working pretty damn well.

https://youtu.be/wJu-a8UbNw4

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Do you have a link? I'd heard that it was "only" 10k-20k-ish DPS behind Fire. I'd find it kind of shocking if the next best was double.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Don't you need all the zones for loremaster achiv anyway? Why boost as fast as you can and miss out on the great experience only for having to go back later?

Fjordson

Holy shit, the intro Death Knight stuff is so great.

Fuck work tomorrow though =[ got my artifact and touched down in Val'Sharah and now it's time for bed.

I'm still beating myself up over what to play. I was Druid feral back when they were great and interesting/challenging to play. Then Enh shammy. Now I'm doing mage, but I want a class that has little downtime and a lot of active skill to do well and really shines. There's no clear class like that this expansion.

Come on and get your ook on!

A slicky in the hand is worth two in the dooker.

I'm still beating myself up over what to play. I was Druid feral back when they were great and interesting/challenging to play. Then Enh shammy. Now I'm doing mage, but I want a class that has little downtime and a lot of active skill to do well and really shines. There's no clear class like that this expansion.

Enhancement has quite a few skills, and you're pretty much always doing something.

Any idea how to get better gear for a fresh leveled-up 100 alt with no crafting help? The initial quests and artifact quest line are hard as hell in ~600 green/blues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have a trinket that summons a Hozen.

also, dont have a 2h so I cant do the survival artifact quest LOL. hmm

Fjordson

Enhance is awesome right now. Go for it imo.

Rhaknar

Didn't they mail you one?

that one is long gone my friend. And I acutally disenchanted the invasion one too, because "Ill have the artifact anyway" except you need to get it first lol

no worries, this 55g strenght polearm from the AH will do the job. Also, this is reminding me how much I love survival

Tenebrous

Salty kid: i hate u
Me: k
Salty kid: i hope u die from cancer

&

Salty kid #2: you fuckin retarded
Salty kid #2: go home kid
Salty kid #2: delete this acc and go play tibia
Salty kid #2: wow is not for you btch
Me: lol
Salty kid #2: lol
Salty kid #2: you think you good?
Salty kid #2: idiot

lazygecko

Oh, for fuck's sake. Deadly Boss Mods autoskipped an important cutscene at the start of the shaman quest right after the legion invades the maelstrom.

Anyone have a link to a youtube video of the cutscene in question?

Ashodin

Earlier:

WE DID IT

ZgbQSiD.jpg

Rhaknar

*looks at Felslate prices in the AH - 60g
*looks at how many he needs for Fel Reaver quest - 80

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah no, not for now lol

edit: I saw a video saying you shouldnt do A Falling Star quest right away, why is that again? I guess because its in Surumar?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Oh, for fuck's sake. Deadly Boss Mods autoskipped an important cutscene at the start of the shaman quest right after the legion invades the maelstrom.

Anyone have a link to a youtube video of the cutscene in question?

Since when does DBM skip cutscenes? I've never saw this.

Kaname

Kind of stupid question but if I'm a new player is it better to go to one of the new servers or stick to one of the most populated ones?

Rhaknar

holy crap Val'shanar is pretty, this is some top tier art here Blizz

I wish Blizzard would find a way to "break" DPS measuring add-ons, so no one knew how much damage they did.

It would result in people playing very lazily. The idea of seeing you are doing well is a lot of what pushes people to tighten up their rotations, and allows raid leaders to see breakdowns of damage to figure out if certain people are making critical mistakes.

Top Bottom