• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It would result in people playing very lazily. The idea of seeing you are doing well is a lot of what pushes people to tighten up their rotations, and allows raid leaders to see breakdowns of damage to figure out if certain people are making critical mistakes.

Can you imagine dying at 5 percent to enrage over and over without knowing that one dude is doing 5k DPS?

Einchy

If you care about that sort of thing!

You care about that sort of thing if you're a raider.

Ok my guess was right then :)
What's a decent one for EU? I random picked Tarren Mill.

https://realmpop.com/eu.html

You can see what is PVP or PVE and which servers have a good ratio. For example, if you plan to play Horde, you probably don't wanna join a server that has a ton of Alliance and no Horde.

Kind of stupid question but if I'm a new player is it better to go to one of the new servers or stick to one of the most populated ones?

Mannoroth has a good server group, if you want to be on Horde or Alliance. Mannoroth itself a populated server is mainly alliance, but like every server group it's mainly Horde.

Sölf

12:10 AM. Still waiting for the DHL guy. The voices started whispering me cooking recipes. I told them I have no time for cooking now because I have to wait.

Can you imagine dying at 5 percent to enrage over and over without knowing that one dude is doing 5k DPS?

Exactly. Damage meters are especially useful in LFR for finding that crap. I was doing Arch like a month ago, and we wiped. When I looked at the meters I saw the 2 other Rogues were doing less than 1/3 of the damage I was. We went through and kicked 5 people, 2 hunters that were just auto attacking and afk, 2 rogues that were basically doing the same, and 1 guy who was just spamming 1 ability on a mage. Easily beat it once we replaced them.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Aszuna is GORGEOUS

Y8PcidP.jpg

This particular area reminds me of the Crystal Caves from Donkey Kong 64, haha

Kaname

You can see what is PVP or PVE and which servers have a good ratio. For example, if you plan to play Horde, you probably don't wanna join a server that has a ton of Alliance and no Horde.

Mannoroth has a good server group, if you want to be on Horde or Alliance. Mannoroth itself a populated server is mainly alliance, but like every server group it's mainly Horde.

I see, thanks a lot :)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Most popular servers, you don't wanna be stuck on a dead server.

Doesn't matter much with CRZ now, doesn't it? Unless the Broken Isles are not part of it.

Also, anyone know how easy it is to do all 3 artifact starter quests on a single character? I'd hate to miss on some good/funny stories.

Einchy

Doesn't matter much with CRZ now, doesn't it? Unless the Broken Isles are not part of it.

Also, anyone know how easy it is to do all 3 artifact starter quests on a single character? I'd hate to miss on some good/funny stories.

Still matters for guilds and whatnot.

It was a world's difference when I went from a low pop server to Mal'ganis.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Decided to stick with Frost. :p

If Arcane is really that bad, I hope it gets some buffs. Thematically it seems the coolest.
I get that there's always going to be a FOTM class and since it was arcane for a long-ass time they want it to be something else now (fire), but if arcane really is languishing at 'half the DPS of the second worst class' then that's kind of...unacceptable? That makes the class basically unplayable in endgame content.

I don't mind not topping the DPS charts but actively being a detriment to my guild when we raid is something I'd like to avoid.

Most popular servers, you don't wanna be stuck on a dead server.

Agreed. Whilst being on a high population realm results in a bit of a queue on big days like this, every other time it is 10x better as there are always people around to do stuff with, more guilds to choose from and a world that feels more alive.

Arcayne

Feral feels so stale and painful to play compared to DH and Monks. Guess I'm really going to reroll this xpac. Rip my druid.

also loving every second of this right now. feels good to love WoW again

Shahadan

Do you need to be 110 or something to start unlocking your artifact hidden appearance? Cause as a disc priest I know what I'm supposed to do, but I can't see or loot the items

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ysera looking good, how is she a dragon tho? Didnt they all loose their powers at the end of Cata?

or did they just loose their aspect powers and I guess they are still dragons as a race

strafer

Wow, someone hit 110 over the course of 5 hours.

What's the point of rushing World of Warcraft.

Didn't they remove the World Firsts?

Tecnniqe

Banned
that's hilarious but I feel absolutely no pity for him based on his description of how he got in that situation.
When I saw his clan I stopped caring and found it hilarious since that clan is notorious for being shit and bad sports in other games and seems like they e been the same here

strafer

blue just posted

This issue has been hotfixed.

Cenarion Circle has decided to make peace with everyone.

You should now all be able to get the quest.

If you find any remaining issues related to this issue please let us know.
Enjoy Legion!

Einchy

Is nitro boost going as fast as it used to before they killed it in WoD? Maybe I'm just going nuts but I could swear that it's back to MoP levels.

M.D

Hmm, so I'm thinking I might actually main a DH for Legion, but I have no idea what professions to take for it? I have Engineering/Enchanting, Mining/JC, Herb/Inscription and Leatherworking/Skinning across multiple characters and I've got mats to level up Tailoring but I don't want to do it on the DH, likely to do it on a DK that has no professions

^ Any tips? I'm thinking Engineering but don't know what to pair it with

Ark

Today is my only day of work this week. Other than today I've got an interview on Thursday morning and I can just no-life Legion otherwise. Still can't believe how smooth the launch was last night. God damn work.

Sölf

And now I can play and have 1600 latency, disconnects and can't even kill the first artifact mob because of the latency. Yeah, feels like every expansion ever.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Amazon is still showing delivery today, despite also showing the item hasn't shipped yet.

I am skeptical.

Sarcasm

So yea you don't need to pay for the profession upgrades, even the non main ones. I just got a cooking quest while killing rock elementals and getting crystals. Doesn't make sense as the quest has meat recipe.

Sölf;215417158 said:
And now I can play and have 1600 latency, disconnects and can't even kill the first artifact mob because of the latency. Yeah, feels like every expansion ever.

I am getting 143ms on a west coast server from Taiwan. I normally get 125 though.

Dooooom!

Top Bottom