• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think some Low Pop servers are linked.

They are, I'm linked with Norgannon. But I still see people from many different servers when playing.

I haven't went to Broken Isles yet(damn work), but is it still only your server(or yours + linked server), like Draenor used to be?

erawsd

They are, I'm linked with Norgannon. But I still see people from many different servers when playing.

I haven't went to Broken Isles yet(damn work), but is it still only your server(or yours + linked server), like Draenor used to be?

I believe the current expansion area is always server only. Any other zone is cross realm.

Logged on for about an hour before work and fucked around deciding on which character I wanted to play and oops it's my druid

having an item level of 490 makes every fight through the class quests a fight for life and death :|

I would love to level as resto but that was going to be so slow without dungeons. oh well.

Druid class quest and the dream grove is dope.

I love the new higher clutter density setting. The fields are so lush with flowers and grass. It looks fantastic

I got everyone started on their rest and used my boost on my engineering rogue. are the boosted xp sets in game for transmog purposes? My wife did a priest and I really like those robes

Sölf

Just called my provider - it's an error on their end! So I can't do shit until they fix it. Oh joy. Or, well, try to play with 1600+ latency and disconnects after 5 minutes.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Sölf;215418988 said:
Just called my provider - it's an error on their end! So I can't do shit until they fix it. Oh joy. Or, well, try to play with 1600+ latency and disconnects after 5 minutes.
Well at least it's some progress >.>

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Logged on for about an hour before work and fucked around deciding on which character I wanted to play and oops it's my druid

having an item level of 490 makes every fight through the class quests a fight for life and death :|

I would love to level as resto but that was going to be so slow without dungeons. oh well.

Druid class quest and the dream grove is dope.

I love the new higher clutter density setting. The fields are so lush with flowers and grass. It looks fantastic

I got everyone started on their rest and used my boost on my engineering rogue. are the boosted xp sets in game for transmog purposes? My wife did a priest and I really like those robes

How? I mean... even without Draenor purples or Invasion blues, you should still be above 600.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man the death count in this expansion is crazy. And since its not a alternate dimension that doesnt matter (*cough*Draenor Vellen*cough*) its actually impacful

It really is terrible that we have to deal with Dalaran again. It has a good design but im so burned out on that place.. I wish we got a new city instead.. now I have to hide in the class hall instead and priest one isnt that fun.. some kind of Cathedral they forgot to put furniture in.

The way they are handling the into to this expansion vs WoD is like night and day.

Having a unique intro for each class makes me way more excited than running that dark portal scenario more than once ever did.

Played for a few hours, questing in Azuna hasn't been very fun so far, started there because of JC quests but outside of one quest where you do a Pokemon battle where you are basically the Pokemon a lot of them have been pretty meh so far, hoping the story starts to pick up.

Somnia

Got on and got my Glaives on my DH. Did the beginning of the class hall, so awesome :)
Love the way Illidans forces teleport in after you activate the location and declare their loyalty.

RPGCrazied

So whats the verdict? I know some of you probably stayed up all night playing it? Without spoiling, is it better than WoD?

Hows the story?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Val'shanar, another great zone. I like how even tho the zones arent very big, they are very distinct within themselves. This little
gilnean zone which leads to the ravencrest quest line
for example was awesome. Cool stuff so far.

2 down, 2 to go (well, until Suramar)

So whats the verdict? I know some of you probably stayed up all night playing it? Without spoiling, is it better than WoD?

Hows the story?

just the fact that it isnt a alternate reality makes things actually matter so, much better imo. Ive completed Aszuna and Val'Shanar now, some big stuff happens lore wise.

edit: huh I did everything in Val'shanar (well I have 7/7 in the zone campaign at least) and I didnt get honord with the local faction. Guess I missed something

RPGCrazied

Dumb question, but the invasions are over right?

I would so log in to get free XP, even on this shit computer.

I want my new one so bad. Why is building and shipping an Alienware take so long?

How? I mean... even without Draenor purples or Invasion blues, you should still be above 600.

whoops, I'm actually at 593 and thats with the 680 + stuff given from the legion prequests. still low though

I hit level 100 on him and parked him at warspear. He still has helm/shoulders/cape/chest/pants that are heirlooms and green 512 bracers/gloves.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just don't know which lock spec to go with...is there a consensus "best" spec?

The best warlock specs are fire mage and shadow priest.

But for reals, your best bet is probably destruction.

RPGCrazied

Still don't know what to use my boost on. Death Knight, Monk, Shaman, Warlock, Priest or Mage. Yes, I have one of every class, the other classes are 100.

And don't know who to play first in Legion. I would do Paladin, but fear everyone is doing that at the moment for ashbringer.

biaxident

So I did something dumb, after I got my shadow artifact I vendored my weapon and off hand. So now when I try to do the other artifacts I have no weapon, any vendor that sells like a green staff or something in dalaran?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I did something dumb, after I got my shadow artifact I vendored my weapon and off hand. So now when I try to do the other artifacts I have no weapon, any vendor that sells like a green staff or something in dalaran?

Every class hall has a vendor that sells class-themed green weapons, I believe.

Still don't know what to use my boost on. Death Knight, Monk, Shaman, Warlock, Priest or Mage. Yes, I have one of every class, the other classes are 100.

And don't know who to play first in Legion. I would do Paladin, but fear everyone is doing that at the moment for ashbringer.

A good rule of thumb is to decide if any of those classes have more than 1 spec that you are particularly interested in. Like. Shadow priest is awesome, but if you have no interest in either of the other specs, it may not be the best choice. But if you like both Enhance and elemental (or resto), maybe shaman is a good idea.

Stalk

Awww! Sir Finley Mrrgglton is in Stormheim!

I loved that, I wasn't sure at first and then saw "says he was a king in Northrend..." and chuckled.

Playing Balance Druid this expansion I decided. Quite enjoying stormhein so far and the fact I can level my professions in the areas I am questing is a big plus.

Nere

Finished Stormheim. The story is good but the quests are really grindy, most of them are just kill 10 mobs and the worst are the shitty bonus objectives with that beautiful bar you have to full that we all know and love from WoD.

Mossbender

Neo Member

You can do an item restoration through the website if you haven't done so in the last 15 days.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Did my ret artifact stuff, that was fun.

Did my holy artifact thing.. didn't know being Holy made everything easier. Took way too long to get through it as Ret until I realized I "should've" been holy. ;_;

Had two full bags of artifact upgrade items tho...

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I'm very impressed with what I've played so far. I'm enjoying all the little things they've added and changed; feels as strong as it ever has.

RPGCrazied

A good rule of thumb is to decide if any of those classes have more than 1 spec that you are particularly interested in. Like. Shadow priest is awesome, but if you have no interest in either of the other specs, it may not be the best choice. But if you like both Enhance and elemental (or resto), maybe shaman is a good idea.

I think its more going to be which one has the coolest artifact. lol

Rizzi

Hmm.
Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Drape *** dropped off a random mob. There are two on the auction house for 400000 gold and another for 350000 gold.
I don't think people are going to pay that for a pattern. -_-;

Anoregon

Amazon just updated my expected delivery date to next week. Instantly canceled.
#digital all the way.

Azzurri

AHAH, finally after 4 days of non stop camping of Aeonaxx he finally spawns on the launch of Legion.

I figured I'd go home for lunch and give it a quick check before I started leveling, and BOOM what do I see Aeonaxx by himself. Literally 10sec after I kill him I see one other person flyby.

Not a bad couple days camping TLPD and Aeonaxx.

Son1x

I can't believe Blizzard still hasn't fixed the resto druid artifact quest. I've read the same complaints dating back almost half a year back to legion beta and its still happening. There is no way to finish it. Fortunately, its my second artifact, so even without finishing the quest, I can upgrade etc, but I can't start the quest for the last two.

Top Bottom