• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tarazet

Just as well for me that the servers died, I need to sleep.

I've been with my Troll Druid in every expansion since Cataclysm. She has a legendary cape and legendary ring. She has 700 in every profession, I used her for Loremaster and stuck with her through thick and thin. Got 12,000 achievement points even though I hadn't started playing in TBC. But I'm leaving her now for a hot new Enhancement Shaman.

Xeteh

Took until 107 until someone ganked me... and by someone I mean a group of 4 that were just running around killing solo levelers. Since then the only people who attacked me were the ones that were in groups. I guess whatever floats your boat.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I just hit 102, I'm really liking the demon hunter. Their AoE is insane and I'm pulling huge packs without any problems as a dps. Very fun!

Sarcasm

So I have a quest that gives three items:

1) Troops for missions
2) 300 Artifact Power
3) 1,000 order hall resources

Definitely not 1, so which 2 or 3 is a better choice?

antonz

So I have a quest that gives three items:

1) Troops for missions
2) 300 Artifact Power
3) 1,000 order hall resources

Definitely not 1, so which 2 or 3 is a better choice?

I would go with artifact power. Hall resources are good but of less importance. lots of hall resource to find out in the world in chests etc

Yeah I didnt know you cant revert artifact point on slots , it AP just simply applies and ...there is no confirmation if you want to spend those points or not

Got home from work, logged in and the intro to Stormheim quest chain fully reset. I was able to complete it successfully, it basically failed on trigger the cutscene after the boss fight at the very end, and get to Stormheim...right before the server latency jacked up to 2000.

Game is totally unplayable right now so I'm just logging in to all of my 100's to activate rested experience and grab the Legion starter quest.

Also, I absolutely loathe the Priest Order Hall. Someone here did mention it was pretty terrible, I shrugged the comment off at the time but maannnnnn, it's boring and filled with space goats and space wind chimes.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I know that for most of you it's pocket change, but I was pretty happy that some stuff that I gathered (mining/herbalism lv <10) yesterday while questing sold for 1k gold. Wasn't expecting this at all, so today I'll try to focus more on not missing nodes just because they're a bit far.

After a few hours (lv 102, I'm slowly questing) I'm not sure how I feel about class halls. Sure, I understand complaints that Garrisons were basically single player experiences and that's not what online games are about, but I'm not sure I enjoy seeing 50 people who look almost exactly like me (DH, yay) running around in a closed space.

That, plus the amount of things which can be done only there (Work Orders, Missions, Artifact upgrades, Hall Upgrades) means that you have to check in quite often - not having a direct way of warping there isn't something I'm happy about.

I know that there's the Dalaran HS, but I usually use it to turn in Dalaran quests.

Alright, I have a Warrior, Hunter, Paladin, Demon Hunter and Monk also at cap. I'm gonna play each until I get to their order hall and have the first artifact to see which I like most. Going for Ashbringer first.

Alright, I have a Warrior, Hunter, Paladin, Demon Hunter and Monk also at cap. I'm gonna play each until I get to their order hall and have the first artifact to see which I like most. Going for Ashbringer first.

For a while I thought you were saying you already had five classes at the level cap.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

5 classes at 110 in 2 days? Please dont die dude :(

edit: wait you mean at 100 since youre talking about seeing their order halls... thats not cap!

For a while I thought you were saying you already had five classes at the level cap.

5 classes at 110 in 2 days? Please dont die dude :(

edit: wait you mean at 100 since youre talking about seeing their order halls... thats not cap!

Force of habit. I have 6 classes at 100.

Tried Priest, love Shadow, don't know about Discipline, don't like Holy, hate the priest Order Hall. I don't enjoy Legion Ret and Ashbringer doesn't do much for me. It looks like it will take significant time investment in the artifact to find out if it will make a difference. I haven't tried Prot, ever, and I haven't spent much time with Legion Holy. However the class fantasy of paladin's seems more well-realised in their Order Hall. It's badass that there's this secret paladin sanctum in the eastern plaugelands.

Acidote

It's interesting how the zones are working in this expansion since you have to do them all. After doing the first zone I'm at 103, but I guess the leveling slows down a lot for the next levels, else I wouldn't touch one of the zones.

Stormheim is awesome, reminded me so much of Howling Fjord.

tmespe

It's interesting how the zones are working in this expansion since you have to do them all. After doing the first zone I'm at 103, but I guess the leveling slows down a lot for the next levels, else I wouldn't touch one of the zones.

Stormheim is awesome, reminded me so much of Howling Fjord.

Some people report to reach 110 well before completing all zones with doing profession quests and such. I think with the scaling the pace of leveling will remain pretty much the same, and you probably will end up reaching 110 before completing all the zones.

Lanrutcon

Someone explain the new Dalaran sewers to me. Last night I walked in on a huge pvp clusterfuck and that place is always littered with skeletons.

Sarcasm

Someone explain the new Dalaran sewers to me. Last night I walked in on a huge pvp clusterfuck and that place is always littered with skeletons.

Some bosses spawn (splint a giant ninja star throwing rat) and every now and then the guards take a break so everybody can attack each other.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Doing 72% of a dungeons healing at 110 as a Prot Warrior... This is still entertaining.
Ran a dungeon last night and more or less self sustained too as a Vengeance.

I hate leveling as havoc (until meta leech) since vengeance got so much self healing you can quite literally tank a elite mob and 10+ trash without issues as long as you mitigate and stack healing.

I've yet to level that artifact as I'll most likely not tank 'for real' any time soon but even at its basic it's pretty good.

You don't get anything except the artifact from those off-spec artifacts quests, right? They don't progress the class hall campaign or anything like that? I never play elemental or resto so I'm not really in a hurry for those..

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
err the skybreaker scenario seems to be broken so I cant start Stormheim lol

Ryan_MSF

I feel as though Stormheim was a poor choice for my first zone, seeing my friends screenshots of different zones has me full of regret ):

Zelias

Banned
Just about to ding 109. Done every zone bar Stormheim (and obviously Suramar so far). In terms of art and visuals, Val'sharah is beautiful and a top-tier zone. It felt a little abrupt though. Highmountain's questing is one of the best experiences I've ever had in WoW - was never expecting to think that, heh.

Rhaknar

man when you run into a progression bug it REALLY takes the wind off your sails huh? Just completly defalted right now :/

I guess I can try and so some random non-main story quests in stormheim, I know I could get in from high mountain, I did by accident yesterday

Tacitus_

Spamclicking costs me again. Oh well, what's 2k resources anyway.
meant to post this here instead of the gaming OT, so didn't waste 4k total

Xeteh

If Suramar can live up to the intro cutscene you get once you find the NPC that explains the history of it... it should be pretty awesome.

Rhaknar

cant get any stormheim quests because I havent done the intro one, which I cant since the intro is broken...finished my first part of the class order campaign, but the rest is timed missions for now.

now what? :/

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm only 102. I am slow.

Acidote

cant get any stormheim quests because I havent done the intro one, which I cant since the intro is broken...finished my first part of the class order campaign, but the rest is timed missions for now.

now what? :/

Clear your game cache. It happened to a guildmate last night and I suggested him to do that and it worked. He was also getting disconnected because of that so he had it worse than you. Give it a try, it might work.

Rhaknar

How do you know if it a main story quest? Am I screwing myself over by doing everything?

why would you screw yourself over if you did everything?

Clear your game cache. It happened to a guildmate last night and I suggested him to do that and it worked. He was also getting disconnected because of that so he had it worse than you. Give it a try, it might work.

how do I do that?

Robin64

Unlocked World Quests this morning and BOOM. The map suddenly becomes this wonder of possibilities, things to do everywhere.

Rhaknar

Try this:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/6141

Delete your WTF and Cache folders from your WoW folder too.

didnt work, dropped the quest and re-got it 5 or 6 times after and nothing.

BUT!

then I decided to try it without being queued for a dungeon, and lo and behold, success! whew, what a relief. The scenario is cool too, but man they really should be EXTRA CAREFUL with zone intro quests shouldnt they? lol

Top Bottom