• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm having trouble determining which relics I want to use in my artifact. Do you basically want artifacts with higher item level to increase the ilevel of your artifact, or do you want relics with "better" perks?

Item lvl > all, generally.

The questing is pretty efficient. Unless you're a tank or healer I would stick to doing quests as fast as you can--and don't skip Bonus Objectives, they are made EXP and a ton of Artifact Points.

Item lvl > all, generally.

Since the DPS of your weapon(s) is determined by the item level of your Relics, there is almost no situation where you would get more out of a Relic with a lower item level.

RPGCrazied

Yay, my computer is coming tomorrow along with my CE! How is that for timing? I had the impression I wouldn't get the computer until next week sometime.

So excited.

lazygecko

Derp. Reselling the Dalaran cooking vendor mats on the AH actually works. Even when they explicitly say in the tooltip that they are from a vendor.

Muddimar

Would it be an absolute nightmare trying to level as a Resto Shaman in Legion? I'm thinking I would have better queue times (and obvious survival skills). Or should I still go full speed ahead as Elemental Shaman and just make Resto my alt spec? I'm very torn :/

Derp. Reselling the Dalaran cooking vendor mats on the AH actually works. Even when they explicitly say in the tooltip that they are from a vendor.
People were selling vellum for enchanting for 2-3g each on launch day because one of the first enchanting quests says you have to get it from a scribe or the auction house. Of course, said quest giver is an enchanting supplies seller, and has them for like 9s each.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit you go to
Helheim
in Stormheim? yeah this zone is fantastic (and so was the dungeon, just did it for the enchanting item before finishing the zone)

I love the Blood DK method of questing, literally pull everything and stay above 80% health while like 5-8 things die.

Still torn on going Ele/Resto Shaman or Balance/Resto Druid for PvP.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Press Play - Wait for 5 minutes for the game to open and then like 10 minutes more to enter the game from the char select screen.

Dafuq is going on!?

Somnia

Ended up deciding on my Hunter Marksman, we'll see how everything goes. Did half of Highmountain last night before the server crashed and I called it. I am LOVING that zone so far and the story seems good so far. That soundtrack *drools*

Not looking forward to 1-2 hour queue's as a DPS for dungeons or trying to find people to do Mythic and then Mythic+ dungeons (if my guildies aren't around, were a really small guild).

Deciding between my preferred specs/classes.
Haven't really been following Legion much. Any advice/recommendation is appreciated.
I want decent performance in raids and pvp, but no need to top the meters. Most importantly: fun to play.

Monk: bm
Druid: feral/guardian
Warlock: any spec (heard affl. is shit)
Warrior: prot
DH: tanking as havoc any fun?

Somnia

Deciding between my preferred specs/classes.
Haven't really been following Legion much. Any advice/recommendation is appreciated.
I don't need to top the meters, but I do want decent performance in raids and pvp. Most importantly: fun to play.

Monk: bm
Druid: feral/guardian
Warlock: any spec (heard affl. is shit)
Warrior: prot
DH: tanking as havoc any fun?

DH tanking is Vengeance btw, Havoc is DPS.

I have also heard affliction Warlock is insanely good.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's kind of annoying that the entire game is basically designed for tanks and self-healers when u are neither

Apathy

Just woke up after doing 24 hours. Got to 100, got suramar open got my professions going and got 14 power on my artifact. Good day, now on to my alts

Tecnniqe

Banned
Press Play - Wait for 5 minutes for the game to open and then like 10 minutes more to enter the game from the char select screen.

Dafuq is going on!?
Looks like my installation of the game is fucked.

Stuck as a background process and shows up after 5 minutes with a crash screen now. Amazing.

GG.

lazygecko

Legion mats have not been valuable at all on the AH like people predicted they would. The only exception I've found so far is Foxflower. I've been selling a ton of those 54g each.

Mupod

oh shit you go to
Helheim
in Stormheim? yeah this zone is fantastic (and so was the dungeon, just did it for the enchanting item before finishing the zone)

The subzone is really cool looking but there's soooo many people running around in there. Also I broke the whole progression of the first part because I goblin glider'd to the other side to try and find a less crowded spot.

Somnia

Is HandyNotes working correctly for everyone?

Any rares I kill or treasures I get are not disappearing from my map like it should, I have it all setup right in the options too. Maybe try reinstalling the addon? No idea.

Is HandyNotes working correctly for everyone?

Any rares I kill or treasures I get are not disappearing from my map like it should, I have it all setup right in the options too. Maybe try reinstalling the addon? No idea.
I haven't touched any of the settings since installing it on Monday and it's working for me.

Mupod

So while I did my first dungeon last night I had to go as DPS Unholy (guild run already had a tank). I'm still not 100% comfortable with the spec even solo so I felt like I had no idea what I was doing on trash packs. All my AOE abilities are rune-based and it feels awkward to just be spamming death coil on one mob when I'm out of runes.

Thinking about it maybe I need to alternate my rotation per trash pack. I could burst a stack of wounds with Soul Reaper/Apocalypse for one and then use death and decay/scourge strike for the next.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So while I did my first dungeon last night I had to go as DPS Unholy (guild run already had a tank). I'm still not 100% comfortable with the spec even solo so I felt like I had no idea what I was doing on trash packs. All my AOE abilities are rune-based and it feels awkward to just be spamming death coil on one mob when I'm out of runes.

Thinking about it maybe I need to alternate my rotation per trash pack. I could burst a stack of wounds with Soul Reaper/Apocalypse for one and then use death and decay/scourge strike for the next.

Unholy AoE is largely passive and talent based. If you just keep Virulent Plague up on everything, do your single target rotation on a mob, and have the Bursting Sores talent from the top row, there's not a whole lot else you have to worry about. AoE plague and pustule eruptions will make up the bulk of it.

strafer

EEoPtek.jpg

carlsojo

I noticed that the Dalaran flight master sends you off on one of your favorited flying mounts. A very cool touch. Go go corrupted dreadwing.

So the past couple of hours I've spent leveling up a couple of toons I'd feel like playing, so far I'm really liking the human mage I made and the night elf rogue I made, are there any other Classes y'all recommend I check out before I decide on my main? The night elf story seems pretty interesting.

ACE 1991

I'm completely undecided as to what class I should in Legion. What classes do you think will offer the most fun/versatile options and rotation for PVP/PVE? I'm thinking enhancement shaman, but I'm not really sure.

EDIT: Also, what server are most Gaffers on, and horde or alliance? Thanks!

Mossybrew

So I go to play last night, figure it's prime time, I might as well get in the queue. What, NO QUEUE? Played characters on two different high population servers last night and no queue to play either time. No disconnects or other issues, so nice.

Anoregon

I'm completely undecided as to what class I should in Legion. What classes do you think will offer the most fun/versatile options and rotation for PVP/PVE? I'm thinking enhancement shaman, but I'm not really sure.

EDIT: Also, what server are most Gaffers on, and horde or alliance? Thanks!

Your first question is too subjective for a concrete answer, but you can't go wrong with Enhancement. They are in a good spot and fun to play.

The answer to your second question is "no"

So I go to play last night, figure it's prime time, I might as well get in the queue. What, NO QUEUE? Played characters on two different high population servers last night and no queue to play either time. No disconnects or other issues, so nice.

ded gaem.

Mupod

after Overwatch's smooth launch I gave blizzard the benefit of the doubt and took a half day at work. Almost no lag and only one disconnect (right when I was heading to bed anyways). As an IT/networking guy myself I'm dying to know what they've got going on these days.

Man, didn't get to play much yesterday because I was traveling for work, and today all I want to do is go home and level :O

Nothing quite like the freshness of a new expansion where everything feels foreign,

Would it be an absolute nightmare trying to level as a Resto Shaman in Legion? I'm thinking I would have better queue times (and obvious survival skills). Or should I still go full speed ahead as Elemental Shaman and just make Resto my alt spec? I'm very torn :/
I was leveling Resto, and while it wasn't difficult, it was really annoying how I kept having to kill mobs with 1.5M - 2M HP. I went and picked up my ele artifact and it's a lot more convenient. Just save your artifact power for your resto artifact if you're maining resto for endgame.

Anoregon

I keep getting gem chips, how do I even get new recipes if I can't get gems?

Yeah I'm not sure what's up with this either. I've prospected maybe 10 times and got 1 actual gem.

Top Bottom