• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Nere

Anyone else playing WoW on a laptop? What is wrong with it and overheating? I swear to god even DOOM doesn't overheat my laptop like WoW does.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Did any of you watch liriks stream when one of their group members got his account suspended for their name?

It was quite the thing last night.

I'm having trouble determining which relics I want to use in my artifact. Do you basically want artifacts with higher item level to increase the ilevel of your artifact, or do you want relics with "better" perks?

Zelias

Banned
Hit 110 in my last levelling zone - Stormheim. 2nd person in my guild to do it heh, would have been first if I hadn't slept.

Westlo

I absolutely love Legion so far, but it could have really used one or two more leveling zones.

Really?

I'm about to finish off the last few quests and bonus objective for Azsuna on my Paladin and I'm only 37% away from level 104..... I do have Mining though and that was probably around 75-90k extra exp but even so...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
110 :)

will finish stormheim first tho. Also just did a violet hold just to do the dala quest) and the healer... the healer dispelled stuff. And he healed pets.

whats going on here? o_O

I pre-ordered the digital copy for demon hunters and got my physical CE copy yesterday. Small oversight by Blizzard, I now have two level 100 boosts and my friend that got my digital copy after I upgraded to the CE also gets her 100 boost.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I'm taking my time, seeing the sights. I have no burning rush to get to max level this time, despite having 24 characters at 100. It burnt me out bad in WoD, but the slower approach and mindset is helping. Its much more enjoyable to full clear the zones and not feel hurried off to others with the XP rate and mobs being the same.

They did great work so far on the questing. I'm a good bit into Azsuna and hit 102.

Mupod

stormheim's quests never end. I'm just now leaving it at almost 104 (although I did my order hall stuff too).

heading to Azsuna next because that's where all my blacksmithing stuff seems to be.

Robin64

Best quest.

C7sbWtJ.png

Sarcasm

I have one 100 character on a server with mining and herbs, nothing else. I am going to boost a shaman with the goal of healing with dps second. What professions should I get? Enchanting and jewelcrafting? I know about BOP creating stuff which you can get in dungeons. Looking for suggestions.

(Alliance BTW, currently leveling in legion with my horde)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Even with 2 linked low pop server, Dalaran doesn't feel that much alive. Sure there is people, but sometimes I talk to a NPC for a quest, and there is nobody nearby which kinda sucks, I want a capital that feels alive.

I assume that on a high pop server, Dalaran is the same laggy mess that it was from WOTLK since there is tons of people?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Even with 2 linked low pop server, Dalaran doesn't feel that much alive. Sure there is people, but sometimes I talk to a NPC for a quest, and there is nobody nearby which kinda sucks, I want a capital that feels alive.

I assume that on a high pop server, Dalaran is the same laggy mess that it was from WOTLK since there is tons of people?
Well mine is high pop but there's not much lag but rather crazy load times

FeD.nL

So my artifact power req for a trait went from 1000 to 6840.

Is this the moment where you start pumping artifact power in your off-spec until the work order for increased artifact power is complete?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Have you checked the underbelly? I went down there to have a look around and found about 8000000 people.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how the hell do you kill this fel annihilator in the exodar quest? if I feign death it resets him, and eventually I just get aggro (or he kills my pet). I guess this is supposed to be a group thing?

edit: yeah this is impossible, my pet doesnt even get aggro, on tank spec and with growl on /shrug

FeD.nL

how the hell do you kill this fel annihilator in the exodar quest? if I feign death it resets him, and eventually I just get aggro (or he kills my pet). I guess this is supposed to be a group thing?

I got help from my champions from the class hall.

Slathe

Is the armory app worth using? Mine didn't seem to update my characters very often. Can I use it to send people on class hall missions?

Lanrutcon

The one where you retrieve the glowy thingy in the ransacked capital?

Tacitus_

edit: yeah this is impossible, my pet doesnt even get aggro, on tank spec and with growl on /shrug

Velen should be healing you and you should have 2 class hall champions to assist with DPS. Facetanked with a mage with no problems.

Mupod

I'm super into these DK order hall quests. I've got my first two Horsemen now and I kept thinking about who else would work - I have almost completely avoided any information on zones or story stuff. But then while I was setting up my missions this morning I noticed the unrecruited follower list...does that 'spoil' who ends up as the other two horsemen?
Whitemane and Darion I guess?

My imagination was kinda running wild and I kept wondering if I was gonna go run around resurrecting Cairne or Lothar or something...

Robin64

My imagination was kinda running wild and I kept wondering if I was gonna go run around resurrecting Cairne or Lothar or something...

Your imagination should still run wild because while the spoiler thing is a bit of a giveaway, the journey is still a mystery. And oh what a wonderful journey it is. Expect the unexpected.

lazygecko

Does anyone know if yields from doing the WoD profession cooldowns scale even further with yields when you go above 700?

I've been turning all my alchemical catalysts into draenic philosopher stones and vendor them for 21g each. Might be worth it to keep doing every day.

Rhaknar

Velen should be healing you and you should have 2 class hall champions to assist with DPS. Facetanked with a mage with no problems.

velen heals you every 10 seconds or so and he kills you in the meantime. Anyway I cheesed it by not attacking until Velen had enough aggro /shrug

I'm 102 on my mage, and still running around Azsuna. I think I only have a few more quests to go though before I move onto Highmountain. I just got a quest to do Eye of Azshara, but I'm weirdly nervous about doing it -- I haven't done any dungeons since Wrath, and never as a mage :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm 102 on my mage, and still running around Azsuna. I think I only have a few more quests to go though before I move onto Highmountain. I just got a quest to do Eye of Azshara, but I'm weirdly nervous about doing it -- I haven't done any dungeons since Wrath, and never as a mage :p

You're DPS. You shouldn't have to worry about dungeons at all. Let the healer and tank worry about keeping the group alive while you press buttons to kill stuff.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I thought Eye of Aszhara was a lot of fun. What spec are you? If Fire then just wait for your tank to pull a bunch of mobs and then get read to use those Hot Streaks spamming out Flamestrikes.

Azzurri

You should do every dungeon quest that unlocks when you complete the zone.

Tacitus_

Let the tank pull, don't stand in the fire and you're good.

You're DPS. You shouldn't have to worry about dungeons at all. Let the healer and tank worry about keeping the group alive while you press buttons to kill stuff.
The last time I did a dungeon I was a healer, so maybe that's where my apprehension is coming from.

I thought Eye of Aszhara was a lot of fun. What spec are you? If Fire then just wait for your tank to pull a bunch of mobs and then get read to use those Hot Streaks spamming out Flamestrikes.
I'm Frost, though I can unlock Fire now that I am 102.

Mupod

I've been going back and forth between blood and unholy while leveling...unholy kills pretty fast but blood is no slouch especially if you're doing big pulls. Unholy can be a little awkward since mobs tend to die before you even get going...Blood's sheer unkillable-ness is quite nice as well.

The fun part of tank leveling is cooperating with other players, the way tagging works now is so much better than the old days. I can only imagine what it must be like to be leveling as a Mage and then you see me walk around the corner with the entire camp of 20+ mobs following me in a nice neat clump.

I only did halls of valor so far but there's probably nothing to be worried about. The leveling versions of dungeons are meant to be super easy and casual. Pulls were just brainless AOE and boss mechanics were straightforward.

Sölf

Someone please kill the Unity Media support.

I wake up. Strange red light at "Info" on my Fritzbox which was never there before. Internet also stopped working completely, but our phone worked again, which was a good sign. So I called the support, asked them if they are still fixing our stuff.

"Err, sorry, our servers are currently down, could you call again in 2 hours?"

Well. Okay. That could happen, so I waited another 2 hours untill 11:30 AM. I called again.

"Erm, our server are working, we are just doing maintenance at the moment. But no idea how long that will take. Could you call at ~1:00 PM again?"

Well. Okay. So the first guy was an idiot, no problem. So I waited again. And called again.

"Yeah, maintenance is over. As for your problem, we have problems in a larger area, so you are not the only person that was hit by it. As for the red light, that means some options of your Fritzbox aren't correct. Try to access them with the computer and restart it, that may fix it."

Why I didn't just restart the whole thing by cutting of electricity? Well, the guys yesterday told me I shouldn't do that for as long as they try to fix it (which is understandable of course). So I didn't do that. Okay, so I wanted to restart the thing. Going to the usual adress, 192.168.0.1. Didn't work. Wtf. Why the heck? Tried another PC. Didn't work. The fuck is wrong?
Yeah, so, turns out, the adress for that thing is fritz.box. That was written under that stupid thing, because when we got that we didn't receive anything else except a short explanation how to activate (but nothing else). By that time I just cut of electricity. Lo and behold, my internet is finally working again!

...maybe I manage to beat my artifact questline now...

So far I've finished Azshura and Highmountain. It seems to be getting me ~3 levels per zone while doing Class Hall stuff as it unlocks (only did 2/3 of the Artifact quests though) and ignoring dungeons. Is it expected to be partially through a zone when you hit 110? Unless the EXP scaling drops off towards the last 4 levels it would seem inevitable.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
How are you guys leveling? Ugh. Every time I login I go to level my Enh Shaman but say "I should just get this alt's artifact real quick. And I am only 3/8... so far

Beast master - amazing adventure
Enh shaman - ok adventure.. a little tough
Fire mage - sort of lame adventure, cool epilogue, easily the hardest of the three.

Tonight I will level.. except now I'm not sure which one.

Also the CE gave me another boost.. (on top of only paying $71 with Prime), so I have to figure out who I am going to apply that to. No 60s right now.

Top Bottom