• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my god the drop rate on these items for the "rurn Hati into another pet" quest have the worst drop rate since vanilla >_>

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Same thing happened to me. I think you need to be 102 to get the actual quest.

I'm 103 and don't think I have this quest yet, but I might not get it until after my current class hall follower mission completes (the one with the horse guy).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I always seem to be waiting for energy on my feral druid, which is an issue I barely have with my assassination rogue.

What am i missing? Is that just normal for druids?

Zelias

Banned
I'm 103 and don't think I have this quest yet, but I might not get it until after my current class hall follower mission completes (the one with the horse guy).
Have you had the Lich King tell you about the second horseman though? He told me to go to
Stromgarde
and find him, but I didn't get the actual quest until I levelled up, or so it seemed. It's possible I'm mistaken though.

RPGCrazied

Whats the easiest Artifact quest line? My sister said the Druid one for her spec made her go all over, even into Duskwood. I want to be in the new zones as fast as possible.

Mupod

Unholy AoE is largely passive and talent based. If you just keep Virulent Plague up on everything, do your single target rotation on a mob, and have the Bursting Sores talent from the top row, there's not a whole lot else you have to worry about. AoE plague and pustule eruptions will make up the bulk of it.

Makes sense, I really did feel like I was doing something wrong because in regards to melee DPS I'm most used to Arms warrior whose AOE is very active. But really my main concern is that my DPS was bad. It might have been a perspective thing...I was still beating the tank, unholy is my 'offspec' and I'd forgotten to slot my relics into Apocalypse. But we had a hunter that was practically doubling up on me...she's a longtime mythic raider, but still concerning.

I'm already thinking of ways to improve now that I've had some time to think. I typically have my 'breakthroughs' when I'm sitting around at work and can analyze how I was playing before.

I should probably give Frost another look. I played cat dps in its John Fucking Madden days so proc based playstyles aren't new to me. But it almost looks too simple. Also I feel squishy as hell when I try to solo with it.

Also, I believe that I got my quest for the second horseman at 103. It was the last thing I did last night.

Have you had the Lich King tell you about the second horseman though? He told me to go to
Stromgarde
and find him, but I didn't get the actual quest until I levelled up, or so it seemed. It's possible I'm mistaken though.

I actually ended up going to the spoiler place, but nothing but a bunch of low level mobs there. I suspect it won't activate until I get the quest, which wont happen until I level.

Fjordson

Whats the easiest Artifact quest line? My sister said the Druid one for her spec made her go all over, even into Duskwood. I want to be in the new zones as fast as possible.
Mine sent me into Duskwood and Karazhan but it took like 15 minutes, maybe less. Think you'll be in the Broken Isles pretty quickly with any class / spec.

cdyhybrid

The LK was telling me about a new champion from Arathi.. but there isn't a quest to go get him. What's up with that? I'm only 101, maybe when I hit 102?

Same thing happened to me. I think you need to be 102 to get the actual quest.

Stromgarde
The quests were bugged in beta and the Lich King would talk to everyone in the class hall instead just the person actually on the quest, IIRC.

Hit 110, unlocked WQs, knocked out two Emissaries before I called it a day. Now to focus on Suramar, dungeons, and professions.

ACE 1991

Your first question is too subjective for a concrete answer, but you can't go wrong with Enhancement. They are in a good spot and fun to play.

The answer to your second question is "no"

ded gaem.

There's no GAF server. We're spread out across many servers, and EU and US are separated anyway.

Ok, I kind of thought this. Thanks. Is anyone playing on a high pop server (US) in an active guild that they really like that's accepting new players? Trying to decide where I want to play, and this is a big factor.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My assassination rogue is horde, but are alliance ones also hostile to
Stormwind guards
during their artifact quest? That would make literally no sense if an Alliance rogue has to use stealth across
Stormwind
to avoid guards if that's the case. Or did Blizzard took the time to make 2 different versions depending on your faction?

lazygecko

My enhancement shaman got jumped by a ganking feral druid, and I tore him to pieces. That has never happened before. Ever. I'd like to think the tables have turned in pvp balance at max level, but that's probably setting myself up for disappointment.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this goblin questline in Stormheim is the worst, just the worst. I know its intencional, but still. Damn me and my completionist ways

Lanrutcon

I'm sure Blizzard has a good reason for putting a PVP zone in the hub city for this expansion. I'm sure they have a great reason for leaving it on PVE realms. I'm sure they have an amazing reason for putting my fucking class hall entrance in there.

I am constantly amazed by how blisteringly stupid some of the devs at Blizzard are.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm sure Blizzard has a good reason for putting a PVP zone in the hub city for this expansion. I'm sure they have a great reason for leaving it on PVE realms. I'm sure they have an amazing reason for putting my fucking class hall entrance in there.

I am constantly amazed by how blisteringly stupid some of the devs at Blizzard are.

Isn't there a cool like secret bookcase rogue class hall entrance in one of the Dalaran shops?

Rhaknar

do I turn Hati in a second Thok and then REALLY annoy every dungeon group I am with?

lol >_>

Sarcasm

What class?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
titanforging is certainly an...interesting system..........
rMJK4zS.jpg

lazygecko

The garrison stables dailies still give good exp. Giving me around 23k at level 103. So in case you haven't done them yet it's a nice way of combining leveling and mount farming.

Rhaknar

finished all 4 zones but havent started Suramar yet, been cleaning off some quests of my log, mostly class order hall stuff and whatnot, trying to do this hati quest aswell which takes you all over the place. Guess Ill focus on Suramar tomorow

BearPawB

Banned
The sewers portal to the Warlock hall is the only entrance, I believe.

Uh, i think you are coming in from the wrong direction
I go to the violet citadel* entrance, and its right down a flight of stairs....
I don't go through any pvp area. I literally just go down some stairs

i even made an image for you
T8bxLSy.jpg

Muddimar

Man, didn't get to play much yesterday because I was traveling for work, and today all I want to do is go home and level :O

Nothing quite like the freshness of a new expansion where everything feels foreign,

I was leveling Resto, and while it wasn't difficult, it was really annoying how I kept having to kill mobs with 1.5M - 2M HP. I went and picked up my ele artifact and it's a lot more convenient. Just save your artifact power for your resto artifact if you're maining resto for endgame.

Thanks for the input! I was hoping someone was in a similar situation. I'm currently working on my Warrior (Fury) and will be building up my Shaman next.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My assassination rogue is horde, but are alliance ones also hostile to
Stormwind guards
during their artifact quest? That would make literally no sense if an Alliance rogue has to use stealth across
Stormwind
to avoid guards if that's the case. Or did Blizzard took the time to make 2 different versions depending on your faction?

Yes, but its because you show up with Garona and because the city is on a lockdown with a kill-on-sight order for anyone suspicious (the Legion cult members are mostly humans).

The fact that Stormwind's population is like 250 is just a concession to the game part since lore-wise its 200,000 - there's no way all the guards will actually recognize everyone.

Anoregon

The sewers portal to the Warlock hall is the only entrance, I believe.

Uh, i think you are coming in from the wrong direction
I go to the violet citadel* entrance, and its right down a flight of stairs....
I don't go through any pvp area. I literally just go down some stairs

Yup. I assumed you were rogue for some reason, but Bear is right. I actually accidentally ran right past the warlock class hall port yesterday by taking that path. It avoids any PvP.

How do you switch zones to level? Do you just go there or will there be some mission that appears to go to the next area? I've been at High Mountain and now I'm 102. Kinda wanting to switch it up.

Anoregon

How do you switch zones to level? Do you just go there or will there be some mission that appears to go to the next area? I've been at High Mountain and now I'm 102. Kinda wanting to switch it up.

Go back to your class hall and click the scouting table, you should be able to click another zone and get the intro quest.
However I'm not sure if new zones showing up is level-based or based on quest progress.

This is just me guessing, but I think you do it via the Scouting Map in your Order Hall. There are quest markers for each zone.

Edit: Beaten :D

Rhaknar

so if I swap Hati's look to another pet, theres no way to swap it back apparently? thats kinda shit

Anoregon

so if I swap Hati's look to another pet, theres no way to swap it back apparently? thats kinda shit

That seems incredibly unlikely. I'm sure there's a way to reset him back.

Should I bother with a garrison at this point? I didn't play WoD and don't have one.

Not really. I didn't even set foot on Draenor for my priest due to invasion leveling, don't even have a level 1 Garrison on him.

Anoregon

ive looked at a million threads from beta, there doesnt seem to be a way

At the very least it's only temporary until they hotfix/patch somerthing, then. It would be unprecedented for (modern) Blizzard to make something like that permanent

Robin64

Yeah, definitely not worth worrying about a lack of gathering skill in this for Blood of Sargeras. Just ran both Thicket and Halls at 110 (both on normal) and got a Blood from almost every boss.

RPGCrazied

Mine sent me into Duskwood and Karazhan but it took like 15 minutes, maybe less. Think you'll be in the Broken Isles pretty quickly with any class / spec.

K, guess I'll spend the day tomorrow getting the Artifacts for all my characters and making a demon hunter.

Top Bottom