• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Hixx

Wonder if the queues are weighted to you having the quests or not. Couple of lads in gchat bemoaning hour-long queues as DPS but I got the quest for Neltharion's Lair and instant queue as DPS. Wasn't instant when I had the EoA quest but very short (<5 min).

First pull, idiot tank pulls three packs, wipe, he tries to kick healer. I voted no, and the rest of the run went fine.

Ah well, onto Val'Sharah. Furbolgs :D

For a newbie is it better to roll all the way through to 100 or just boost to get up to speed with everyone else??

I don't play MMOs too much so I'm sorry if I don't understand certain things lol

Fjordson

For a newbie is it better to roll all the way through to 100 or just boost to get up to speed with everyone else??

I don't play MMOs too much so I'm sorry if I don't understand certain things lol
They have quests in place to introduce you to the basics of your class when you boost, so I think you'd be fine.

But those first 100 levels are filled with great zones and questlines, so it'd be cool to level from 1. Either way I think you'll be fine.

Lanrutcon

So everyone is fighting a rare in the Dalaran sewers and the guards leave...

I drop one Phantom Singularity and earn 980 sightless eyes.

Godan

DC'd from EU silvermoon and can't get back on again. Happened to me yesterday and missed about 4 hours of levelling lol

That Strike of the Windlord sure does a lot of damage.

103. We took it kind of easy yesterday, and also started with the worst zone of the bunch (Highmountain).

Class halls are neat. I hope they expand their function in later patches.

All in all, I'm having a pretty good time leveling right now. How are you 110 people liking things?

Khezu

The fire mage sword giving every mage flaming orbs above their head makes being in the mage class hall really silly.

Just nothing but flaming orange balls everywhere.

I really wish they were invisible for other players.

cdyhybrid

That Strike of the Windlord sure does a lot of damage.

103. We took it kind of easy yesterday, and also started with the worst zone of the bunch (Highmountain).

Class halls are neat. I hope they expand their function in later patches.

All in all, I'm having a pretty good time leveling right now. How are you 110 people liking things?
I like it. World Quests are neat and not a huge pain, Suramar is great. Hopefully the raids continue to be great.

I think my druid is going to go guardian long term. Bear tanking is cool. I wanted to heal but I think i'll wait until I get my shaman done and go resto on him.

For those of you who play the real classes (aka those with tank or heal specs) how have you decided to spec your guys/alts?

All tanks if they can? etc.

Warrior is going to stay DPS, Priest will probably stay DPS, Paladin will most likely be a tank

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Welp

YtsTEzs.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seeing
Maiev
without armor was... weird.

Its like if you saw Batman but it was just regular ass Bruce Wayne :/

Trickster

You know, this expansion is fine and dandy so far. Pretty zones, cool cinematics, tons of new content etc etc. But I seriously have to ask - "Where's the fucking legion hiding?". Just dinged 110, did most of the content in the leveling zones, and honestly, if I had been given this expansion without knowing anything about, I would no idea this was supposed to be about the burning legion invading.

I seriously don't get the problem. Blizzard absolutely nailed making an expansion that put an enemy front an center everywhere with WotLK, Arthas and the scourge had a presence everywhere. But ever since WotLK each expansion has just flopped in this regard.

I've litterally not
seen Gul'dan
at all while leveling, and If I did, it must have been while I blinked or something

Entropia

No One Remembers
You know, this expansion is fine and dandy so far. Pretty zones, cool cinematics, tons of new content etc etc. But I seriously have to ask - "Where's the fucking legion hiding?". Just dinged 110, did most of the content in the leveling zones, and honestly, if I had been given this expansion without knowing anything about, I would no idea this was supposed to be about the burning legion invading.

I seriously don't get the problem. Blizzard absolutely nailed making an expansion that put an enemy front an center everywhere with WotLK, Arthas and the scourge had a presence everywhere. But ever since WotLK each expansion has just flopped in this regard.

I've litterally not
seen Gul'dan
at all while leveling, and If I did, it must have been while I blinked or something

Yeah I never saw him either. Which is odd. A friend made a comment, but he basically said "Gul'dan is really only a puppets for the Legion, that's why he's the first boss.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Excited to get into Suramar tomorow.

Bit of a recap so far. Aszuna and Val'shanar fantastic zones. Stormheim was great but a bit too long (and im a completionist). High Mountain didn't do much for me, and its also way too long.

Artifact queat wise, BM was fantastic, Survival and Marks were lame.

First 4 Dungeons have ranges from good to excellent, I cant wait to do the rest. The only one that didnt do much for me was Violet Hold, for obvious reasons. Millhouse's girlfriend being a boss made me laugh tho.

Still super enjoying it.

cdyhybrid

I've litterally not
seen Gul'dan
Huh? They're in Azsuna, Highmountain, Suramar, and maybe Val'sharah depending on who Xavius actually works for.

Trickster

Huh? They're in Azsuna, Highmountain, Suramar, and maybe Val'sharah depending on who Xavius actually works for.

Yeah they are around. But you can't seriously tell me that it feels like the big bad burning legion is sending their full force at us. Where are the giant demons from the pre launch invasions? Where are the flying battleships?

Khezu

Yeah they are around. But you can't seriously tell me that it feels like the big bad burning legion is sending their full force at us. Where are the giant demons from the pre launch invasions? Where are the flying battleships?

I actually find this as a positive, I needed something different after a few weeks of invasions.

Rhaknar

OH SHIT

just saw in a video there is a portal lady to the class order hall in Dalaran, in the room with all the portals, upstairs where the valor vendors used to be.

Is that for all classes or just priest (video was a priest)? Becauze thats one of my nitpicks so far, having to fly to my order hall

Did all the mage artifact, why Velen
jesus what a twist with that boss
and Kalecgos are so useless and careless.

I love Dalaran being the central town again. Lots of people around. But I have to be honest, I hate that the class hall isn't instanced for me to be alone. I hate seeing a billion people with the same weapon as me just hanging around. Breaks immersion quite a bit.

Tell that to fire mage, flying orbd everywhere until you get an alt skin to changer the orbs color

frequency

I love Dalaran being the central town again. Lots of people around. But I have to be honest, I hate that the class hall isn't instanced for me to be alone. I hate seeing a billion people with the same weapon as me just hanging around. Breaks immersion quite a bit.

diamount

Banned
I thought disc priest would take so long to kill things, but it's not so bad. I really like the healing by doing damage aspect of it also.

Yeah, if you've been playing WoW for any amount of time you'd know that being a unique snowflake is impossible in an MMO.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Lots of people complained about Garrisons being only you, and I agree with them. Didn't feel like a MMO at all.

Give it a few weeks people will start either transmoging their artifact or use a different appearance, and your immersion issue will be gone.

cdyhybrid

Lots of people complained about Garrisons being only you, and I agree with them. Didn't feel like a MMO at all.

Give it a few weeks people will start either transmoging their artifact or use a different appearance, and your immersion issue will be gone.
Yeah, it will help once people start unlocking different skins.

Rhaknar

Nobody looks like my hunter because nobody uses the
superior
Titanstrike bow skin

Top Bottom