• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

frequency

I don't need to be a "snowflake" but one zone, which you don't even idle in, being instanced would go a long way in helping that story feel more immersive. The scenarios are instanced. You're not doing them with 92 other people around. Is that catering to "snowflakes" as well then?

Dalaran is the meeting spot.

I hated Garrisons being instanced because there was no meeting spot. No main town. Ashran was insufficient. But the order halls aren't a place you really idle in. So Dalaran will be bustling with players while order halls I'd prefer be instanced so I can get in, do my story and stuff, and get out. Without having immersion being broken by a billion people holding the same thing as me.

Not a big deal though. Just looks a bit silly right now.

Renekton

Lots of people complained about Garrisons being only you, and I agree with them. Didn't feel like a MMO at all.

Give it a few weeks people will start either transmoging their artifact or use a different appearance, and your immersion issue will be gone.
It's the own housing, I got my homebase to chill out.

Now class halls are packed to hell, and I'm randomly harassed in chat for being in backwater server.

Khezu

Class Halls should be instanced and just be their for show and leveling your artifact.

And let me do all my mission stuff on my phone.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Should I stay in a zone and complete every quest or move to a new zone after I get the Pillar?

You want to at least get friendly rep with the local faction

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if I can survive all of Legion on my Priest playing strictly as Shadow with a full mythic guild. I did it on my Shaman before but that was a Shaman so it brought plenty of other stuff.

I just really don't like healing. If it's likely I'd have to, I'd rather just level my DK where I enjoy all three specs or my Hunter. But I wanted ranged DPS for finding groups easier and Shadow is, by far, the most fun of those to me.

cdyhybrid

I wonder if I can survive all of Legion on my Priest playing strictly as Shadow with a full mythic guild. I did it on my Shaman before but that was a Shaman so it brought plenty of other stuff.

I just really don't like healing. If it's likely I'd have to, I'd rather just level my DK where I enjoy all three specs or my Hunter. But I wanted ranged DPS for finding groups easier and Shadow is, by far, the most fun of those to me.
As long as you make it clear up front you're only interested in raiding as Shadow, I don't see why not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wish there was some sort of beast bodyguard, having an actual person with me and my pet army doesnt sit well with me. I like that fir example Priests have a light elemental bodyguard which could have just been a normal pet spell.

But at least Rexxar also has Misha, so its actually 2 more "pets"

Unless all the hunter bodyguards have their own pets?

Rhaknar

They are going in hard on
Illidan
being "the one", hopefully it pans out throughout the expansion.

XenodudeX

I can't even get my deathknight alt his artifact because his gear is so fucking shitty. (ilvl570). Why can't the difficulty of the artifact quests scale with your ilvl or something?

MuggerMD

Banned
I wish there was some sort of beast bodyguard, having an actual person with me and my pet army doesnt sit well with me. I like that fir example Priests have a light elemental bodyguard which could have just been a normal pet spell.

But at least Rexxar also has Misha, so its actually 2 more "pets"

Unless all the hunter bodyguards have their own pets?

I play a disc priest and am not use to having a sidekick around. I would have preferred if they gave me a tank that could hold threat for a bit.

Rhaknar

I play a disc priest and am not use to having a sidekick around. I would have preferred if they gave me a tank that could hold threat for a bit.

Why is my quote not green? Its messing up my OCD

Rhaknar

Quote highlighting is apparently broken on mobile Gaf for some people.

Wait THIS one is green! Whut.

Yeah I need to stop focusing on this, it will actually drive me nuts lol.

I need to get my ilvl up for heroics :(

Rixxan

Just finished Val'sharah. What a great ending.

Might be one of my favorite zones ever, first of all it's gorgeous - ashenvale on steroids

And to follow and explore as the nightmare takes over the land and its inhabitants, descent into madness type stuff always sits well with me

Not to mention the story beats which were superb by WoW standards

Great fucking zone

cdyhybrid

Might be one of my favorite zones ever, first of all it's gorgeous - ashenvale on steroids

And to follow and explore as the nightmare takes over the land and its inhabitants, descent into madness type stuff always sits well with me

Great fucking zone
The first raid is the Nightmare too 😁

Rhaknar

Great fucking zone

Xavius is a dick

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't believe Aszuna has a questline featuring a crackhead.
KuGsj.gif

Posted in the Legion |OT| to answer a question, but in case anyone here was interested, my current list of addons:

• Addon Control Panel
  • Broker Garrison & Order Hall
  • Deadly Boss Mods (+ old expac/PvP modules)
  • Move Anything
  • Prat 3.0
  • Rarity
  • Weak Auras 2
  • NPCScan
  • Accountant
  • Advanced Interface Options
  • Angry Assignments
  • ArkInventory
  • AtlasLoot Enhanced
  • Auctionator
  • Bartender 4
  • Can I Mog it?
  • Clique
  • ColorPickerPlus
  • Compact Runes
  • Cross Gambling
  • Deja Character Stats
  • Details!
  • eAlign Updated
  • Exorsus Raid Tools
  • Flash Taskbar
  • GatherMate 2
  • GuideLines
  • HandyNotes (+ plugins)
  • KuiNameplates
  • LootAppraiser
  • Mapster
  • Masque
  • Master Plan
  • OmniCC
  • OPie
  • Postal
  • Quartz
  • Raid Assist (Iskar Assist)
  • RCLootCouncil
  • SavedInstances
  • SexyMap
  • Shadowed Unit Frames
  • Simulationcraft
  • StrataFix
  • The Undermine Journal (data)
  • Titan Panel
  • TomTom
  • TradeSkillMaster (+ modules)

Legion is great...when I can actually play it. Seems like every time I get off work and have time to play there's a DDoS attack. What's the fucking point of doing shit like that? 1 second of internet infamy?

Epix

Do the other Order Hall quests have gating mechanisms too? I'm at a point in the questline where I have to do a series of missions with 8 hour durations each.

Rhaknar

Do the other Order Hall quests have gating mechanisms too? I'm at a point in the questline where I have to do a series of missions with 8 hour durations each.

Im at that point also, only did 1/5 for now. There's also a quest to give stuff like meat or bandages to a tauren from High Mountain.

Alright my day 2 is over, reached 110, hit 800 item level will easily hit 810 tomorrow and start doing heroics, working on professions and world quests now.

Top Bottom