• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All these stealth class cowards ganking, good stuff.

Oh well since they're "forcing" me, might roll as surv for awhile, I miss it anyway.

Unlocked world quests and all i want to do is world quests and suramar but I need some sleep argh

Rizzi

Apparently other class order halls get cool/fun stuff? The priest one has nothing. Just a bunch of glowing crystals and a naaru.

erawsd

I mean, that's the world quests to me more than anything, and that isn't really exclusive to Suramar. You're building up a base, establishing relationships with characters who have the most clearly defined society that's been fleshed out in WoW. The construction of the zone itself is just regularly cinematic and the quest story lines are really elaborate. The repeatable quest line that sends you under Falanaar feels like its own mode. There are so many different systems that connect in Suramar, and combined with the story and visuals it just feels like it has so much more depth than you'd normally see for single player WoW stuff.

Yeah, Suramar seems to be more of an evolution of the Isle of Thunder, the Withered training is even most reminiscent of the Lei Shens treasure room.

Sölf

So, I've seen a few rares with a buff called "Enhanced". It also seems this buff has several levels (I skipped a rare with 200% HP and 40% damage increase). Is that buff specific to certain rares or is that applied at random? Any ideas?

Rixxan

I absolutely love the rogue hall, which is surprising because i was initially disappointed to learn it was in Dalaran

The music is so good lol

Tacitus_

Sölf;215608651 said:
So, I've seen a few rares with a buff called "Enhanced". It also seems this buff has several levels (I skipped a rare with 200% HP and 40% damage increase). Is that buff specific to certain rares or is that applied at random? Any ideas?

It's for scaling up leveling rares.

PSA: Draenor fishing daily still gives +5 fishing above 700.

I maxed out fishing in 10 minutes -- completely by fluke! I fished up a brooch in Azsuna that gave me a 5 minutes buff that let me see invisible, never-ending pools with ghostly queenfish. When you use a ghostly queenfish(and other rare fish too, I guess) you release it and it gives you +5 fishing skill for each one. After fishing at the pool for 5 minutes, I had 19 of the fish. Released em all, and I was maxed out :p

Tenebrous

Sup.

0I8gqpK.jpg

Rizzi

I maxed out fishing in 10 minutes -- completely by fluke! I fished up a brooch in Azsuna that gave me a 5 minutes buff that let me see invisible, never-ending pools with ghostly queenfish. When you use a ghostly queenfish(and other rare fish too, I guess) you release it and it gives you +5 fishing skill for each one. After fishing at the pool for 5 minutes, I had 19 of the fish. Released em all, and I was maxed out :p

Well that seems useful.

Ennosuke

Hey guys, I have a question and probably you can help me.

I play WoW since Vanilla, but I usually do questing and leveling only (except for BC). My problem is that I hate my mounts (ground and flying). I have some unique mounts but they are all pre Woltk. I see all those awesome mounts other players are using, but I feel lost.

Do you have any recommendations how I can get easily some new mounts? Like doing former raid contents on my own? Or doing some relaxed grinding? Especially those MoP mounts look amazing?

Mupod

Friend hit 110 yesterday and is already complaining about how his progress is time gated. I get a little jealous of the free time most other people seem to have...

I mean when time gating happens to me I hate that stuff too but I'll at least be able to focus on crafting when I get there. I'll easily be 110 by saturday and I'm pretty on top of my order hall missions. I've got a quest to clear 5 'find X legendary horse for your Horsemen' missions and I should have 4 of them done by the time I get home today.

M.D

What seems to be making gold for now? I have Mining/JC, Leatherworking/Skinning, Herb/Insc and Engineering/Enchanting across 4 characters and I want to play one in addition to my main (Engineering/Alchemy) so I don't miss on making gold
Anyone?

Rixxan

only thing that sucks about val'sharah is the fact that i'll end up gagging vomit down the next time in ashenvale

the thought of all those low res textures and low poly tree models *shudders*

So I logged in this morning after shutting down my PC last night and here and there some of the models in the game are made of rainbow colors and you can see little pixelated squares on them. Both character models and environments. Text windows are also all weird looking in a similar fashion. I tried opening and closing the program, but it didn't fix it. Any idea what's going on? It just started today.

Apathy

Who the hell though giving mm mastery extra range was smart? That person at blizzard must hate hunters. I'm pulling things so far away with barrage, things that don't initially get hit and it's not until halfway through that the barrage hits them. Underwater it tags everything above and below you, and in dungeons I'm sitting so far away dpsing and I still manage to pull a pack I was not aiming at.

Mupod

So I logged in this morning after shutting down my PC last night and here and there some of the models in the game are made of rainbow colors and you can see little pixelated squares on them. Both character models and environments. Text windows are also all weird looking in a similar fashion. I tried opening and closing the program, but it didn't fix it. Any idea what's going on? It just started today.

I'd say try doing a clean reinstall of your video drivers.

That herb/inscription combo looks great. Not only are raw herbs going for a shitload, but the Darkmoon cards are always decent sellers.

I needed 10 Foxflower for my Blacksmith quest and actually said WHAT out loud when I saw the prices on the AH.

Can anyone confirm if the Dalaran Underbelly is cross-realm enabled? I see a lot of people from other realms in there. Like an excessive amount, even if people were grouping up. Maybe there are sightless eye raids or something, but yeah.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
yeah i can't imagine doing this shit on alts. there's so much to do for a single character in this expansion.

Yeah, i'm currently doing the first quests on all classes for their artifact. And man, is it a lot to do just for that. One of my main just lvled to 101 because I'm too busy doing this on all my alts lol. I'll probably lvl them to 110 when I'm bored at the end of the expansion and not bother farming for Artifact power.

I think I'll have to stick with 2 or 3 characters only this time. The one who have herbalism/mining, the one who have enchanting/blacksmith and the one who have alchemy/inscription. Probably should level the one with jewelcrafting too, but 3 characters is already going to be a big task already.

Azzurri

What's the lowest ilevel to start the broken isles? My warrior is 595 which is pretty damn low, but I don't want to grind just to get it to 640+ to start.

Zelias

Banned
Just got an 825 titanforged belt from a world quest. Super nice!

I got all three artifacts for my priest, and the achievement didn't pop. What's up with that?
Guessing it's bugged. I have all three artifacts on my DK and it didn't pop either.

By the way, anyone else have issues with the artifact talent frame not wanting to open occasionally? If I reload the UI it'll work, but otherwise sometimes it'll just refuse to open. Hard to say if there's an addon conflict or it's just Blizzard's UI fucking up.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Hey guys, I have a question and probably you can help me.

I play WoW since Vanilla, but I usually do questing and leveling only (except for BC). My problem is that I hate my mounts (ground and flying). I have some unique mounts but they are all pre Woltk. I see all those awesome mounts other players are using, but I feel lost.

Do you have any recommendations how I can get easily some new mounts? Like doing former raid contents on my own? Or doing some relaxed grinding? Especially those MoP mounts look amazing?

Heres a good mount guide from Stok3d at Wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/guides/vanity-collections/mount-collecting-the-completionist-guide

Also when browsing the Mounts tab in your collections interface there is info on where certain mounts are acquired. Iirc you can also filter the results by how you get them (quest, loot, etc)., so if you find a mount you like you can see in game where to get it.

Rizzi

I messed around as discipline and holy for a bit earlier. I don't think I'd make a very good healer. Shit is confusing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How long until restart is over?

frequency

Who the hell though giving mm mastery extra range was smart? That person at blizzard must hate hunters. I'm pulling things so far away with barrage, things that don't initially get hit and it's not until halfway through that the barrage hits them. Underwater it tags everything above and below you, and in dungeons I'm sitting so far away dpsing and I still manage to pull a pack I was not aiming at.

It's almost like they set up hunters to fail. Like they want hunters to keep their reputation of being terrible newbies. Another recent change that makes me think hunters are purposely set up to fail in group settings is that Growl was removed from the pet action bar. It's default to on, but you no longer see it on the action bar. You have to drag it on yourself or just turn it off in the spellbook. No new player is going to know that. I've even seen many long time hunter players not realize it was removed from the bar. They thought it was just removed from the game in the pruning process.

Jag

It's almost like they set up hunters to fail. Like they want hunters to keep their reputation of being terrible newbies. Another recent change that makes me think hunters are purposely set up to fail in group settings is that Growl was removed from the pet action bar. It's default to on, but you no longer see it on the action bar. You have to drag it on yourself or just turn it off in the spellbook. No new player is going to know that. I've even seen many long time hunter players not realize it was removed from the bar. They thought it was just removed from the game in the pruning process.

I've mained a Hunter since Vanilla and I'm leveling him first now, but for the first time I really think the devs just didn't put much thought or time into the changes. It become very apparent when you start playing other classes.

Top Bottom