• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I did the Blood quest as Frost. That was maybe not the best idea I ever had. Got my ass kicked a LOT. Did it eventually though!

I would understand the opposite (or any tank spec really, when in doubt go tank I say) but tank one as frost seems silly :)

What little time I spent as frost whem lvling from 90 to 100 seemed incredibly squishy :(

Edit: also, is there a portal in Dalaran to every class order hall, and if so... where the fuck is the Hunter one? :(

Tenebrous

845 Titanforged relic... Not bad, but my second one is still a 780 green >.>

Edit: Scratch that, just got a 730 one. Artifact is 829 now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That arrow wound is gonna fester and old man is gonna die offscreen, you just watch. You don't fuck with Sylvanas.

Man I hope my CE gets here today.

So apparently Sylvannas has been dying a ton of times since wrath, exceot every time she dies a valkyr dies in her place? Has this been shown in game at all since then or its all book bullshit?

A little Lone Wolf and Cub going in in High Mountain.

mzecG6g.jpg

So apparently Sylvannas has been dying a ton of times since wrath, exceot every time she dies a valkyr dies in her place? Has this been shown in game at all since then or its all book bullshit?

Happens in the second Forsaken starter quest zone, Silverpine, right at the end of the Fall of Gilnaes. Sylvanas raises three Gilnean lords that were against Greymane and the Worgens only they turn on her and kill her. I think three corrupted Val'kyr sacrifice themselves to bring Sylvanas back. You end up going into Shadowfang Keep to take those three down.

Got my shaman to 105 last night and did a bunch of the order hall quests. This is some cool shit.

I now have
Neptulon and Thunderaan
on my side, can't wait to see what happens when it's time to get help from
the Firelord. Though I guess old buddy Ragnaros is now dead in the lore like Al'Akir.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Suramar just has so many surprises inside of it. Like honestly it feels like three zones worth of content just stuffed into the best looking zone the game has ever had. Blows away everything else the game has ever seen.

Tarazet

Oh shit, I just realized I'd been misreading the Enhance rotation. Frostbrand is literally not even worth using unless you have the Hailstorm talent. Since I've been using Ancestral Swiftness, that means I've been throwing away all kinds of Maelstrom. That's going to give my DPS a kick in the pants.

cdyhybrid

Suramar just has so many surprises inside of it. Like honestly it feels like three zones worth of content just stuffed into the best looking zone the game has ever had. Blows away everything else the game has ever seen.

Suramar is basically the realization of what they were aiming for when they made Timeless Isle and half-assed Tanaan. Quality work.

Rhaknar

Have you got the Nomi / work order stuff? Of the 4-5 things I've been able to get, I've only got 2 recipes. Otherwise I get burnt food. :|

Oh no, I just got a bunch of random recipes, completed the "6 recipes" quest and didnt continue it.

Fjordson

I love how the quests funnel you into a dungeon to tie off a zone's story.

Just finished the Val'Sharah story and the final dungeon quest in Darkheart Thicket. Fucking epic all around.

the-rock-clapping.gif

I like the randomness they've added to activities like fishing and herbalism. With fishing I catch Murloc Eggs which increase the amount of rare things you'll fish up for a few minutes. I've caught rarer fish, fish that can be tossed back for an instant-level up fishing and held items that improve fishing for a brief period of time before expiring and backfiring on you by summoning an enemy. It breaks up the monotony a bit, makes the activities a little more interesting.

Kain

Only now saw that Sylvanas cinematic with that wolf asshole. I hope he's next on the chop list.

I hope Sylvanas loses her plot armor and dies. Genn is all kinds of awesome, he should be the next leader of the Alliance. Fuck Anduin.

Stalk

I love how the quests funnel you into a dungeon to tie off a zone's story.

Just finished the Val'Sharah story and the final dungeon quest in Darkheart Thicket. Fucking epic all around.

the-rock-clapping.gif

I was pleasantly surprised by that! I finished high mountain and got a nice end piece. The only time the queue had been fast for me too...

Made it to 105. Just been dicking around mostly exploring and checking things out. Also spent ages trying to figure out where my druid Hall class story quests were whoops. Found them now, had already accepted them and forgot haha.

Holy shit, why isn't the Huln Highmountain flashback sequence instanced. There's like 500 Huln Highmountain's running around all trying to do the same thing.

Did the Proc Paladin quest, thats was quick, and lame, but pretty quick

Holy shit, why isn't the Huln Highmountain flashback sequence instanced. There's like 500 Huln Highmountain's running around all trying to do the same thing.

Stormheim have one too which summons enemies everytime anyone active a plate...we managed to summon like 24 guys there...

Tacitus_

huooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Camp the spawns if you want to get it done.

huuoooooooooooooooooooooooooooohh

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Suramar is basically the realization of what they were aiming for when they made Timeless Isle and half-assed Tanaan. Quality work.
I mean, that's the world quests to me more than anything, and that isn't really exclusive to Suramar. You're building up a base, establishing relationships with characters who have the most clearly defined society that's been fleshed out in WoW. The construction of the zone itself is just regularly cinematic and the quest story lines are really elaborate. The repeatable quest line that sends you under Falanaar feels like its own mode. There are so many different systems that connect in Suramar, and combined with the story and visuals it just feels like it has so much more depth than you'd normally see for single player WoW stuff.

Tacitus_

Doing heroic dungeons when your party is 10 ilvls below the finder limit is pretty fun. I don't think our tank had really done any tanking before either. A couple trash wipes and a close call on one of the bosses but otherwise smooth sailing.

iammeiam

After spending a while dinking around at 110 my initial impression of the expansion is pretty positive, but I'm aware of the new content halo. Coming from FFXIV, though, it was nice to have an expansion hit that actually felt like an expansion and not just a really big content patch. There's a lot about how the Legion stuff is designed that really does seem to be evolving on the WoD systems, but is different enough it mostly doesn't feel copied (Although the achievement for 10 Order Hall missions complete having 'Complete 10 garrison missions' as the criteria listed is pretty funny.)

World quests are neat and, at least so far, seem to have a decent variety of both what you do and how long things are expected to take. Suramar so far is a decent area, the storyline is fairly interesting, and it does a pretty good job of taking the scattered focus of the story from the first four arrows and sort of nudging it back to being directly about the impact of the Legion.

Hati is okay, but I do wish they'd done anything to make Hati feel more like an actual independent pet and less like a buff for the existing pet. Losing the artifact and therefor losing Hati in the next expansion won't change anything meaningful, which is kind of weird to think about.

Order hall has been pretty neat so far, and it's nice to know that the campaign will be different for each alt since each class will have its own champions to pick up. I liked the Rexxar quest turning in to easy-mode
Don't Starve

Dunno how things will work out long-term yet, but so far so good I guess.

huooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Camp the spawns if you want to get it done.

huuoooooooooooooooooooooooooooohh

Yesterday when I did it the spawns were so camped you had 100+ people sitting on the portal spamming attack so it was RNG on whether or not you managed to land a hit before the mob died. Ultimately everyone had to party up so you had five shots at credit, and it still took like five minutes of spamming the one attack to get enough credit to progress.

It was hilarious.

I would understand the opposite (or any tank spec really, when in doubt go tank I say) but tank one as frost seems silly :)

What little time I spent as frost whem lvling from 90 to 100 seemed incredibly squishy :(

Edit: also, is there a portal in Dalaran to every class order hall, and if so... where the fuck is the Hunter one? :(

If you haven't found it yet, on Krasus' Landing, there's a big ole eagle to the left side next to a tauren lady. Eagle ports you to the lodge

Tecnniqe

Banned
Can't wait to start Stormheim area after work today, spent 5-6 hours after work last night doing Highmountains and professions quests.

So great.

M.D

What seems to be making gold for now? I have Mining/JC, Leatherworking/Skinning, Herb/Insc and Engineering/Enchanting across 4 characters and I want to play one in addition to my main (Engineering/Alchemy) so I don't miss on making gold

iammeiam

Is there a good addon that shows rare spawns and treasures on the map?

I'm using HandyNotes with HandyNotes_LegionRares&Treasures. It's not 100% yet it looks like but everything is covered in icons and the guy seems to update fairly frequently/the WoD version was pretty good.

Rhaknar

wtf at the jump from 1000 artifact power needed to 6840? o_O

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Arthas Menethil made in Black Desert Online

2-305-1024x564.jpg

Arthas.jpg.cfd9a846135031415888123143ac3e33.jpg

Got the mask so I can run around and explore Suramar City and that place is so epic.

Imagine if we had that city as main capital instead of Dalaran Oo

Top Bottom