• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

frequency

I've mained a Hunter since Vanilla and I'm leveling him first now, but for the first time I really think the devs just didn't put much thought or time into the changes. It become very apparent when you start playing other classes.

I think so too. Another big oversight is that there's an item to change Hati's appearance to your other pet's appearance... But there's no way to change Hati back to its regular appearance.

Micapo

PSA: Don't bring Rexxar as a bodyguard if you want to tame Bulvinkel (or any other pet for that matter). Managed to tame him anyway so now I got a transparent moose. Not too shabby

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've mained a Hunter since Vanilla and I'm leveling him first now, but for the first time I really think the devs just didn't put much thought or time into the changes. It become very apparent when you start playing other classes.

I think so too. Another big oversight is that there's an item to change Hati's appearance to your other pet's appearance... But there's no way to change Hati back to its regular appearance.

It's definitely my biggest complaint/concern with Legion. Some classes/specs just seem to have received way more work and attention than others. It's not a numbers "I want to be top on ,meters" issue either, which some people seem to have a hard time grasping.

Like, it seems like there were very few times during the alpha or beta where Blizzard went "this isn't working that well/people don't seem to like it, let's do something about it." So a few specs are live feeling pretty lackluster.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
im still curious how Blizzard is going to move forward with weapons after these artifact weapons. Are we going to be wielding the same weapons 10 years from now with just new skins and visual effects? Are they going to be taken away somehow in future expansions?

Anyway.. loving Highmountain.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Has anyone found the Moonspirit hidden artifact yet?
503074-feral-druid-artifact-moonspirit.jpg

love the skin

I maxed out fishing in 10 minutes -- completely by fluke! I fished up a brooch in Azsuna that gave me a 5 minutes buff that let me see invisible, never-ending pools with ghostly queenfish. When you use a ghostly queenfish(and other rare fish too, I guess) you release it and it gives you +5 fishing skill for each one. After fishing at the pool for 5 minutes, I had 19 of the fish. Released em all, and I was maxed out :p

Where did you find the Brooch? Just random?

I need to start working on the fishing artifact but I really need to get to 110. We start raiding in three weeks. lol

im still curious how Blizzard is going to move forward with weapons after these artifact weapons. Are we going to be wielding the same weapons 10 years from now with just new skins and visual effects? Are they going to be taken away somehow in future expansions?

We're almost certainly going to have to expend the artifact's power to just to start dealing with the next existential threat. Or maybe just to warm up Khadgar's dinner.

Where did you find the Brooch? Just random?

I need to start working on the fishing artifact but I really need to get to 110. We start raiding in three weeks. lol

Yeah, I got it randomly while fishing in a cursed queenfish school in Azsuna. I've gotten 2 other rare baits while fishing as well, and I haven't really gone out of my way to fish. From what I've read you get them from pools rather than just fishing randomly(or the chances are higher anyway), so I fish every pool I come across.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=133704/rusty-queenfish-brooch

It's one of the "baits" for the rare fish needed for the Bigger Fish to Fry achievement(which is a prerequisite for the Underlight Angler).

Edit: You can increase your chance of getting it by doing the Conjurer Margoss portion of this guide:
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=4498/t...ns-fishing-artifact#optional-conjurer-margoss

Somnia

I assume they will just release more and more skins and colors for it and keep expanding the artifact tree's for now.

Add another tree line on the weapon in the next expansion for example.

That or they default what you gained from said weapon automatically into your class and then bring in new Artifact weapons in the next expansion... but that could get tricky for those who didn't play Legion by being perma unpowered.

Rrang129

I bet something about we have to use to to close the Tomb of Sargeras portal, and they are "tied" to the Broken Isles because of it.

Got my shadow artifact to lvl15 now. 11,3k for next one >,<

I suppose im almost forced to work a little on the holy one instead. Might aswell do since 5man queues as dps suck..

Feeroper

Im on a low pop server and I am thinking of moving over to a higher populated server.

The 2 Ive narrowed it down to are: Tichondrius (PvP) and Emerald Dream (RP-PvP)

Anyone have any insights on either of these servers? I have no issue with RP, but these 2 are the most appealing looking. The big thing Id like to see is world PvP and good enough Alliance/Horde balance, which these 2 appear to have.

I've been having a hard time making up my mind. I want to use my boost on one of them, but want to be sure its a good server - can anyone give me any insight here?

Thanks.

I assume they will just release more and more skins and colors for it and keep expanding the artifact tree's for now.

Add another tree line on the weapon in the next expansion for example.

That or they default what you gained from said weapon automatically into your class and then bring in new Artifact weapons in the next expansion... but that could get tricky for those who didn't play Legion by being perma unpowered.

My guess is they will be obsolete next expansion. They will re-do core skills and talents and give people a new carrot attached to a stick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, as much as people give shit about the storyline revolving around xXIllidankXx and DeathDealer95, the NPCs in this game instill me that those player heroes aren't as dumb as the NPCs in this game.

Like wow,
Ysera
you weak as fuck

Rizzi

You know, as much as people give shit about the storyline revolving around xXIllidankXx and DeathDealer95, the NPCs in this game instill me that those player heroes aren't as dumb as the NPCs in this game.

Like wow,
Ysera
you weak as fuck

All the aspects are weak as fuck now. They gave up most of their power when they helped nuke Deathwing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All the aspects are weak as fuck now. They gave up most of their power when they helped nuke Deathwing.

That was retconned. If that was the case, she wouldn't even have a dragon form.

Just like Cenarius getting bodied in WC3 was made meaningless

Somnia

I am thinking of switching my Havoc DH to prepared talent and going back to spamming my 1 key to build fury... sigh lol

That was retconned. If that was the case, she wouldn't even have a dragon form.

Just like Cenarius getting bodied in WC3 was made meaningless
The big old blue dragon in Azsuna says that the aspects were all weakened because of Deathwing...
so I don't think it's been retconned. But I'm no expert.

Epix

Is it intentional that tanking specs do nearly as much (or more damage) than dps specs of the same class? I'm wondering why anyone would choose a dps spec.

Tarazet

Is it intentional that tanking specs do nearly as much (or more damage) than dps specs of the same class? I'm wondering why anyone would choose a dps spec.

Responsibility, needing to actually know and execute mechanics and coordination, they can't appreciate good things. That and DPS rotations tend to be more involved, as a tank a lot of your brainpower is focused on trying to stay alive.

frequency

I actually prefer the play style of tanks but tanks are always expected to lead and know every mechanic of every dungeon by heart so I avoid it in group settings.

Tacitus_

DPS will pull ahead once people get some gear. There were some logs/sims that showed the difference to be almost 100k dps in raid gear.

Epix

Responsibility, needing to actually know and execute mechanics and coordination, they can't appreciate good things. That and DPS rotations tend to be more involved, as a tank a lot of your brainpower is focused on trying to stay alive.

Ya I get that, but tanking specs can keep aggro without out dps'ing the dps specs. It's hard to feel like a damage spec when your tanks out damage you.

Sarcasm

Yeah, I got it randomly while fishing in a cursed queenfish school in Azsuna. I've gotten 2 other rare baits while fishing as well, and I haven't really gone out of my way to fish. From what I've read you get them from pools rather than just fishing randomly(or the chances are higher anyway), so I fish every pool I come across.

It's one of the "baits" for the rare fish needed for the Bigger Fish to Fry achievement(which is a prerequisite for the Underlight Angler).

Edit: You can increase your chance of getting it by doing the Conjurer Margoss portion of this guide:
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=4498/t...ns-fishing-artifact#optional-conjurer-margoss

Yea This almost happened to me except I did increase the skillcap before it happened lol.

That is a great guide, but question: It shows maps and talks about the fish. Where do you fish for say Highmountain > Ancient Highmountain Salmon?

Sölf

While I haven't been down there often, I really like the new Underbelly. Especially when insanity ensues and the Crazed Mage everything down there kills. xD

Ahhhh, okay. I'm going to be working on that one this weekend. Good to know. I already have like 35 drowned mana.

Mupod

For starters, if you're not outdamaging the tank you're doing something wrong. Tanks can do a decent chunk of damage in 5 man dungeons, especially while leveling. But in any kind of non-trivial content with competent DPS they will be at the bottom. Right now is especially weird because people aren't used to new rotations/abilities or they might not have their artifact leveled. I know I could barely stay above the tank when I did halls of valor as Unholy because I had NO idea what I was doing.

Second, the primary characteristic of a tank, above even their survivability, is that they generate a lot of aggro. Having mobs bouncing around unpredictably is usually not a good thing. I'm sure in normal mode 5 mans you could probably send in 5 tanks and laugh at everything though.

As for why they do a lot of damage - it wasn't always this way. For example Revenge used to do effectively no damage but it had a huge threat modifier on it. Warriors would hold aggro by spamming sunder armor (no damage) on everything. At one point Blizzard realized that some people might want to quest or even PVP as a tank so they removed the extra threat mechanic and either replaced or made those abilities do extra damage while giving tanks overall much higher threat generation. They still don't compare to DPS but it's quite viable to do quests as one especially if you're making big pulls.

All that said...I'm fully expecting to top the meters in the first 5 man I tank with randoms. That's usually how it works out.

I wonder what will happen to the artifact weapons in the next expansion.

I'll laugh if we just get to vendor them.

What I'd like to see is for them to carry forward, but have them give a second artifact for each spec. Have them be sidegrades with different playstyles. Would be a balancing nightmare I guess but hey whatever.

Yea This almost happened to me except I did increase the skillcap before it happened lol.

That is a great guide, but question: It shows maps and talks about the fish. Where do you fish for say Highmountain > Ancient Highmountain Salmon?
Ouch! hahah

I think with Ancient Highmountain Salmon you can fish anywhere that gives you Highmountain-specific fish(as opposed to ocean fish).

They still don't compare to DPS but it's quite viable to do quests as one especially if you're making big pulls.

Can confirm. Leveling as prot warrior, my routine is:

- Pull 10ish mobs
- Cast Ravager on the group of them
- Immediately do Battle Cry (or whatever that shout that gives you 100% crit chance is)
- Neltharion's Fury (Artifact skill, AOE Fire channeling)
- Revenge
- Thunder Clap
- That stun AOE (forgot what it's called)
- Then spam revenge/shield slam/devastate as they cool down
- By then, something has usually died, so Victory rush my health back.

It's REALLY satisfying seeing all those numbers pop up, especially when they're all crits.

Jag

It's definitely my biggest complaint/concern with Legion. Some classes/specs just seem to have received way more work and attention than others. It's not a numbers "I want to be top on ,meters" issue either, which some people seem to have a hard time grasping.

Like, it seems like there were very few times during the alpha or beta where Blizzard went "this isn't working that well/people don't seem to like it, let's do something about it." So a few specs are live feeling pretty lackluster.

Even little crap, like most classes having convenient Class Halls. I think half the classes even have portals.

Even the title was given little thought. My Druid is now an Archdruid. An iconic and revered title that has been used throughout WC. My Paladin is Highlord. Hunter is a Huntmaster. WTF is that. At least they could have used Ranger-General.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Even little crap, like most classes having convenient Class Halls. I think half the classes even have portals.

Even the title was given little thought. My Druid is now an Archdruid. An iconic and revered title that has been used throughout WC. My Paladin is Highlord. Hunter is a Huntmaster. WTF is that. At least they could have used Ranger-General.

Ranger-General is a specific rank in High/Blood Elf military, so that wouldn't quite fit.

I know what you're saying, though. "Huntmaster" is pretty lame. It was actually "Pathfinder" early in beta, but I'm not sure if that's any better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean there's tons of little stuff to nitpick if you want to go that route

Alonsus Faol has dialogue about how this is what naturally happens when you spend too much time with the Shadows and it was obviously going to happen during a Priest Hall quest meanwhile, he's elected a Shadow Priest with the most powerful known Old God weapon in the game to lead every priesthood

Fjordson

Is my class hall campaign locked behind levels? Like I have the first quest in my log, but would I be able to finish it at 103? Or do later steps require 110?

Anoregon

I mean there's tons of little stuff to nitpick if you want to go that route

Alonsus Faol has dialogue about how this is what naturally happens when you spend too much time with the Shadows and it was obviously going to happen during a Priest Hall quest meanwhile, he's elected a Shadow Priest with the most powerful known Old God weapon in the game to lead every priesthood

That's actually one of the reasons I decided to start Legion on my DK instead of Shadow priest- I knew the class hall stuff for priest is totally incongruous with playing Shadow and that's kind of a bummer.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is my class hall campaign locked behind levels? Like I have the first quest in my log, but would I be able to finish it at 103? Or do later steps require 110?
Most of it comes after you hit 110 but the sooner you can get going on it the better. There are long timers on follower missions that you want to start.

Tamanon

Banned

You can do stages once you get a quest(my DK got it at 100 to start). Then the next stage will become available to you once you hit level requirements.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's actually one of the reasons I decided to start Legion on my DK instead of Shadow priest- I knew the class hall stuff for priest is totally incongruous with playing Shadow and that's kind of a bummer.

It's something they've suffered with way too long. Everything is about Holy and to a lesser extent disc. Their priest ideal is holy. They'll throw in the occasional nod at Priests but they'll design the vast majority of their tier gear and quests for Priests around the holy ideal. I said it before, but they give Warlocks the Old God and Sha tier sets just because they don't want Holy priests complaining it doesnt fit their class

It'll never happen but I've always wanted them to take Shadow out of the Priest tree and replace it with a proper Holy DPS ranged character then if they added a Necromancer type class to put Sahdow as one of the non-pet specs for that like as an Acolyte or Cultist or whatever.

Kintaco

Are profession quests specific to certain zones? My pally is BS and his quests were in Azsuna. If so, is there a list of what zones the professions quests take place in?

lazygecko

Weird... my usual trick for soloing Razorgore doesn't seem to work on my dwarf paladin. When I was doing it with my belf earlier it worked just fine. When I click the orb while controlling Razorgore, I keep losing control. This never happens on my other characters.

Edit: It works fine again after using Gamon's Braid to turn myself into a tauren, so it definitely appears to be a race-related issue. How odd.

Rizzi

Yeah, shadow priest makes no sense when the class hall is 99% "The Light". I'm sitting here like "you do see your high priest is dark purple right?"

Top Bottom