• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For the first time, looking at a low DPS and I felt bad.

I was the Shadow Priest at 106, there was a MM Hunter at 104 and a Ret Paladin at 110 who has his Order Hall helmet and everythign

and we fucking crushed the ret paladin on DPS. Single target, AOE, cleave, whatever. It was depressing because this dude was 110 already so you knew this was probably his intended main and it was just... man. I felt bad.

notworksafe

im still curious how Blizzard is going to move forward with weapons after these artifact weapons. Are we going to be wielding the same weapons 10 years from now with just new skins and visual effects? Are they going to be taken away somehow in future expansions?

Anyway.. loving Highmountain.

They've already said they will be a one expansion only thing

"It’s kind of like what’s going to be the marquee cool new thing in this expansion," Kosak told Polygon. "It was garrisons in Warlords of Draenor, and that was pretty cool. We take some of those elements forward, but otherwise that was a Draenor-specific thing. Now you have an artifact weapon, and it’s going to be very Legion-specific. Down the line, I imagine we’ll have something else really cool."
http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/15/12494272/world-of-warcraft-legion-artifact-weapons-next-expansion

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lorewise, it doesn't make much sense though.

Legion : Here you have the legendary Ashbringer.
Expansion #7 : Ok, now throw Ashbringer away and use that blue weapon instead that you got from a random dwarf NPC.

I mean I already did that with the warglaives of azzinoth

Lomax

Lorewise, it doesn't make much sense though.

Legion : Here you have the legendary Ashbringer.
Expansion #7 : Ok, now throw Ashbringer away and use that blue weapon instead that you got from a random dwarf NPC.

I guess the idea is you'll always have the xmog, so in that respect you could "continue to use it" if you wanted. And it's not like game mechanics have any lore reasoning. I do agree it will be weird because if it's great and we love it, why not do it again? Or next expansion we'll all get legendary helms or something.

Epix

I was the Shadow Priest at 106, there was a MM Hunter at 104 and a Ret Paladin at 110 who has his Order Hall helmet and everythign

and we fucking crushed the ret paladin on DPS. Single target, AOE, cleave, whatever. It was depressing because this dude was 110 already so you knew this was probably his intended main and it was just... man. I felt bad.

How can anyone be complete with their order hall yet. It has a number of 8 hour and 12 hour gated quests. It's only been 3 days since the expansion launched.

Should have logged on before making dinner...

GNn2z38.jpg

Tarazet

Don't feel bad, that's just how scaling works in WoW. Your DPS will gradually go down from 100-110, then balloon again as you get more gear.

Kain

Halls of valor is a very, very, very cool dungeon in all its areas (lore, bosses, art...). Blizz doing it right

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
After thinking about this, I might be cool with being on a low server. 1 hour queue? Fuck that!

Can confirm. Leveling as prot warrior, my routine is:

- Pull 10ish mobs
- Cast Ravager on the group of them
- Immediately do Battle Cry (or whatever that shout that gives you 100% crit chance is)
- Neltharion's Fury (Artifact skill, AOE Fire channeling)
- Revenge
- Thunder Clap
- That stun AOE (forgot what it's called)
- Then spam revenge/shield slam/devastate as they cool down
- By then, something has usually died, so Victory rush my health back.

It's REALLY satisfying seeing all those numbers pop up, especially when they're all crits.

That's pretty much what I do too.

I don't know what I was thinking getting so many alts together for this expansion. There's just so much to do on a single character that there's no way I'll get it all done on all of my characters, even in the span of two years. Think I'll do some character pruning.

Huh, okay that's uh....interesting I guess. Spoilers for the quests related to the fragment Khadgar sends you to find in Suramar.

So we're Starcraft now lol? Oh the Prime Naaru consciousness, of course, how could I forget about that, good gravy this whole thing is out of left field. Did I completely miss something in past expansions because this whole interstellar army of the light thing seems kinda ridiculous.

I wonder if Velen repairing his spaceship (they almost let you forget about that) means Argus is going to be a raid tier or the next expansion.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
These Obliterum quest crafted pieces command outrageous prices. I'm tempted to switch over to Tailor/BS/LW just to capitalize on this gold rush.

Tecnniqe

Banned
MPXK9302835Q1472237588358.jpg

Class trial system is cool.
On the character-creation screen, players who have the World of Warcraft: Legion expansion now have the option to create and play a level-100 “Class Trial” character with a preset class specialization. You’ll take this character through a tutorial experience and get a chance to play until you acquire your Artifact weapon—after that, if you’d like to play the class further, just apply a level-100 character boost to continue your adventure on the Broken Isles.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20245594

Bisnic

I don't know what I was thinking getting so many alts together for this expansion. There's just so much to do on a single character that there's no way I'll get it all done on all of my characters, even in the span of two years. Think I'll do some character pruning.

That's what I'm thinking too. I've spent the last 2 days only doing the artifact quests on my lvl 100 alts(I've got all classes at this lvl), and I still have 3 characters left to do and knowing myself, I'll eventually want to check the other 2 artifacts quests I missed.

What have I done??

Might need to migrate to a medium server then, to avoid the problems of both high & low servers?

To be honest we only really get this problem on launch weeks and sometimes on the day a new major content patch launches. It's frustrating that after all these years Blizzard still don't have a solution for it.
That said, i've got alts on mid-population realms and the cities feel so empty in comparison. I like being on a high population realm, makes it feel more alive.

Bisnic

To be honest we only really get this problem on launch weeks and sometimes on the day a new major content patch launches. It's frustrating that after all these years Blizzard still don't have a solution for it.
That said, i've got alts on mid-population realms and the cities feel so empty in comparison. I like being on a high population realm, makes it feel more alive.

Yeah I know... i really want to see Dalaran and Broken Isles filled with people.

But transfering my 6 Alliances who got all professions up to 700(I really don't want to lvl up professions from 1 to 700 again) would cost me 200$ canadian. 200 fucking dollars just to have all my alts on a populated server. Ugh. I don't want to have half my Alliance on a server and the other half on another. One alt can gather mats for another one that have 2 crafting professions, that's just how I thought about it in the past.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah I got that too.

Another DDOS attack in progress?

Well my game crashed upon login and keeps crashing with fatal access violation (132) error.

Luckily i checked the tech forum before a complete re-install and deleting Cache seems to fix it.

Seems to be some ddos shit going on.

Tweedy

Well my game crashed upon login and keeps crashing with fatal access violation (132) error.

Luckily i checked the tech forum before a complete re-install and deleting Cache seems to fix it.

Seems to be some ddos shit going on.

Ah, thank god I checked here. I'm getting the same error#132 thing. Will try and delete the Cache, WTF and Interface folders then.

Thanks!

EDIT: Definitely worked for me, Thanks again!!

Tarazet

The Resto Shaman artifact quest is such a fustercluck.

You go to Vashj'ir, but if you have the seahorse from doing the zone in Cataclysm, you can't mount unless you fully surface and then descend. Then you find three artifacts guarded by not very impressive nagas, which might fool you into thinking you can go into Enhancement spec. Then you go to the Throne of Tides and oh shit, you have to heal your tank NPC or you get smacked down by ornery mobs because apparently Throne requires the DPS of a demigod now. So corpse run until you are able to get out of combat and switch to Resto spec! But it's all worth it when you see your golem curb stomping that naga that is guarding your artifact.

That Nighmare dungeon is sooo looooong with all that trash and being under level

I've only done that one (Blackheart Thicket, right?) Neltharion's Lair, and Halls of Valor and that's what I've thought of all of them honestly. SO MUCH TRASH. I'm really hoping that not all of the Legion dungeons are this long.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
addicted to suramar.

kinda like the nightfallen I guess

Kintaco

Stormrage-US is really laggy, or is it all servers? I've been playing on Darkspear and it seems to be ok. Although I haven't really tried today.

Top Bottom