• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Kintaco

I did the same with my keyboard (G19), mouse (WoW Cataclysm Mouse), and gameboard (G13). It's a little washed out because I play with a triple monitor setup and it really kicks out the light.

23D227B0-B671-4A04-88EE-4444C0CBD602.jpg
Oh forgot about my mouse and G13.
sOZeqWQ.jpg

Westlo

I know for a fact that felslate is

I've spent 161k on Felslate, made back 178k already and if all the stuff on the AH sells right now I'll make another 140k minus AH tax....

Been buying everything under 130g and selling @ 200g, working like a charm atm.... if I don't sell the stuff on the AH right now I've made 17k profit plus 750 Felslate extra.... I'll just turn them into plate bracers....

Lanrutcon

Went and got my Elemental artifact and wow. It's as shitty as expected. The fucking thing even clips the ground if you're a male Tauren and still disappears if you sheathe it. So not only do Elementals get fucked in main hand transmog options with artifact shields that look like colored farts, they can't even see their artifact most of the time.

It's embarrassing how Blizzard treats certain specs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hate that you can only have 5 followers active, fuck off with that horseshit blizz

Tecnniqe

Banned
Went and got my Elemental artifact and wow. It's as shitty as expected. The fucking thing even clips the ground if you're a male Tauren and still disappears if you sheathe it. So not only do Elementals get fucked in main hand transmog options with artifact shields that look like colored farts, they can't even see their artifact most of the time.

That's horrible, DK and Warrior looks cool as Tauren tho, but it's really shit how some stuff for some classes is 'broken'

Zelias

Banned

That's disappointing. I'm already thinking about levelling a second char to 110 and Ele/Resto Shaman was topping that list. Would consider Enhancement but I already have my DK for melee DPS. Maybe I'll go Priest instead.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All of the artifacts look like crappy modern Blizz designs. They're all humongous and absurdly ornamented.

I transmogged the Dreadblades into Cruel Barbs.

M.D

I'm thinking of buying a new mouse. I currently have the G600 but I find that anything besides the first 2 rows is maybe not hard to reach, but hard to discern what key you are actually pressing because they are all stacked together so tightly

Is there any mouse you'd recommend with a decent amount of buttons? Also, what are you guys actually using the G13 for? I never quite understood how you're supposed to use it? are you using it instead of a keyboard with the joystick for movement?

Carm

If you like to explore, do not go near the water/waterfall next to the Flight point Obsidian Overlook in southern Highmountain. My character is in a endless crash loop currently. Started, when I tried to move, but then I tried to hearth which dismounted me and that started the endless loop. Awaiting gm response, stupid bugs.

Robin64

The "Wanted: Arru" world quest in Highmountain is super bugged. You're meant to take the bear down to low health and a nearby hunter NPC tames it, but right now he won't tame it. The bear just sits at 1hp, invincible, attacking all who come close and being kited way across the zone.

Sarcasm

The "Wanted: Arru" world quest in Highmountain is super bugged. You're meant to take the bear down to low health and a nearby hunter NPC tames it, but right now he won't tame it. The bear just sits at 1hp, invincible, attacking all who come close and being kited way across the zone.

Hey can I add you on bnet? Sarcasm#1161

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Maw of Souls was crushingly disapointing :(

Vault of the Wardens however was fantastic, great use of the Demon Hunter starting area as a dungeon.

Been playing Survival all morning and I really like it, damage seems fine too while im questing /shrug

Going to pump art power into talonclaw now since im at 14 points in Titanstrike and the next point is way too much

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This xpack is way too fucking fun, man. It's crazy that they went from WoD to this.

[edit]

Then again, they went from MoP, which was awesome, straight into WoD.

Laieon

All of the artifacts look like crappy modern Blizz designs. They're all humongous and absurdly ornamented.

This is exactly what I like about modern Blizz designs. Love my ridiculous weapons and armor.

Not a fan of the beast mastery artifact, for example. Looks like something fairly disposable that you would easily pick up while questing.

2YKyeDN.png

This xpack is way too fucking fun, man. It's crazy that they went from WoD to this.

[edit]

MoP was only good in hindsight and the launch was the absolute worst, all the shit with daily quests and grinding rep in MoP at launch was the absolute worst.

This is exactly what I like about modern Blizz designs. Love my ridiculous weapons and armor.

Not a fan of the beast mastery artifact, for example. Looks like something fairly disposable that you would easily pick up while question.

2YKyeDN.png

That weapon looks exactly like the ones tyranids uses in Wh40k.

lazygecko

I transmogged the Dreadblades into Cruel Barbs.

Swords and axes especially haven't tickled my fancy since, well, TBC. In WotLK onward it seemed like there was an almost fundamental shift in art design for the weapons which I could never appreciate. Swords just aren't allowed to look like swords any more. They're all heavily ornamented like you say, very thick and not very sharp looking, the blades don't have any shine or gleam, and they're usually stuffed with crevices to make them look really worn out. They never look like something that'd be even nearly effective for slashing or stabbing.

I usually just stick with vanilla models for weapon enchants.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?

Shamans get a quest to pick up the damaged Thunderfury. It's fun linking that during all the spam in trade chat.

TheYanger

MoP was only good in hindsight and the launch was the absolute worst, all the shit with daily quests and grinding rep in MoP at launch was the absolute worst.

No, mop was excellent at the time. And the launch was fucking fine aside from the one alliance quest that was busted.

FeD.nL

I'll spoil tag it to be sure.

Spoilers involving the quest a Falling star:

So WC4 is gonna chronicle the last 30 years of Turalyon/Alleria leading the army of the light against the Legion? Please Blizzard..?

RPGCrazied

Did hunter first. Was pretty cool. Are all the Artifact quests this long??? I've only managed to get one. Course I started last night, so played an hour or so.

ThinFinn

World quest bosses are really buggy right now. Tried doing 3 and didn't get credit for any of em.

Mupod

[edit]

WoD was a fairly big departure from how things had been done before. Legion is a logical progression of those concepts with some tweaks - how is that 'crazy'? It's exactly what I'd expect from a sequel.

The revisionist history from people who never stop playing WoW and get all salty/jaded over content droughts always sounds like the same old song and dance to me.

As for MoP...I don't have much patience for dailies. I didn't last long in that expansion even for someone who usually only plays for a few months at a time. Didn't like the overall theme either.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
MoP first months were dreadful with the dailies. I think I was doing nearly 20 per day at one point, ugh.

Nere

I don't know I am not feeling it that much. A lot of the content is gated like the class order hall campaign is behind class order hall missions which are exactly like the garisson shit we have been doing for the past year and a half. Artifact is also gated from the research orders since you can't find the insane artifact power numbers they require.

Profession quests are a new interesting thing but I really don't like how they force you to go to many dungeons, which makes zero sense for professions.

What I really like is Suramar. I really think this expansion would be awesome if so much of the content wasn't gated and just let you do as much as you want.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ok so I haven't played WoW since the end of Burning Crusade and a little into Wrath. I got a level 70 priest and hunter but might just start from the beginning since there is so much new content to go through. I heard they made leveling easier but by how much? I remember it used to take a casual player 2-3 months to hit lvl 60-70 but I have no idea how long it takes now.

I'm debating either going Priest (what I played in BC), Paladin (I was Horde and never got to play them), or Monk (because monks look cool). I know there is a higher demand towards healers in general but what about Monks? They seem like a tank/healer hybrid but I don't want to commit to leveling a class that isn't super useful or wanted in the endgame stuff.

Would appreciate any input.

Mupod

that feel when your artifact weapon is your lowest ilvl piece of gear
atpFeelsBeardMan.png

I keep splitting my relics and artifact power up because reasons. I need practice with Blood for tanking, Unholy for DPS, and I also want to try and make Frost work because it's a bit more my style than Unholy. So I've got 3 underleveled weapons.

Even though questing artifact power is apparently a drop in the bucket, I should probably figure out the optimal paths to be going down. In Blood I've upgraded my dancing rune weapon, I don't know if it was the best choice but having two fairly long-lasting copies of my weapon is insanely powerful. It's just on a longass cooldown.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is Stormheim the only zone where the storyline/quests differ from Horde & Alliance? Seems like it considering it's the only zone with faction specific flight paths...

Is Stormheim the only zone where the storyline/quests differ from Horde & Alliance? Seems like it considering it's the only zone with faction specific flight paths...

Yea I really love questing in this expansion so far but its gonna be a struggle to get alts up. Doesnt get better that you feel rather forced to zonequest just to unlock reputations.

In other news, mainspec artifact is now lvl15 and offspec lvl13. I might as well go offline for 2-3 weeks while artifact research is working its magic.

M.D

I don't know how I'm going to quest on other characters after doing it first on my Demon Hunter. Everything will feel so slow :(

Tarazet

I don't know how I'm going to quest on other characters after doing it first on my Demon Hunter. Everything will feel so slow :(

I feel that way about Enhancement. The way it comes charging out of the gate with stupendous damage is seriously addictive.

lazygecko

I need to get as many characters as I can to 110 before Brewfest starts on the 20th. I am getting that fucking brewfest ram this year, I swear.

Of course, it would be a lot easier if the holiday dungeons used the level scaling system introduced in Legion. I don't think there's any way of knowing that in advance though.

frequency

I felt that way about Monk. Being able to roll/torpedo all over the place and using Flying Serpent Kick for movement felt so good. But that feeling passed and I play other classes just fine now.

I do notice that I try to find ways to use abilities for movement on other classes now though. Like on my Hunter I jump spin and hit Disengage (with Posthaste talent) for movement while running indoors.

In terms of pure speed though, nothing beats Burst of Speed on Rogue (Burst of Speed is gone now unfortunately). You get movement speed increase when in stealth with a talent and that stacked with the Burst of Speed talent. You basically ran at near ground mount speed.

crpav

Love the many times I queued as DPS for a random Legion dungeon I wait and wait and just say forget ti since don't have time. Last night I queued for the first one from the Azsuna for the final quest. Pops within several minutes. Run went pretty smooth so on to the next zone.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Love the many times I queued as DPS for a random Legion dungeon I wait and wait and just say forget ti since don't have time. Last night I queued for the first one from the Azsuna for the final quest. Pops within several minutes. Run went pretty smooth so on to the next zone.

There's a conspiracy theory floating around that if you have an end of zone dungeon quest for a pillar of creation and queue for that dungeon specifically, you basically have queue priority. Sounds pretty silly, but I got an instant queue as DPS for neltharion's lair the other day when I was finishing Highmountain.

Top Bottom