• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Draxal

WOD's intro zone for the alliance was great.

Shadowmoon Valley was really fun, and it was a pretty zone.

I had fun with Stormheim and Azuna.

My least favorite part of being a druid is that you get all this gear but you don't ever get to see any of it and that still exists but it's diminished because of the new forms and the weapons themselves being cool as shit outside of animal forms

I just want to reiterate how much fun I am having

I finished val'shara at 102, did like the first line of quests in azsuna, and with inscription and herbalism quests and then getting the quests at 103 to get my other artifacts and finishing the dungeon quest for end of Val'Shara i'm at 104 with only 3 quests done in my second area because there are so many other (beneficial) distractions.

Also being a druid is dope because you get 3 real neat artifact quests (resto was meh), you get a great class hall, cool champions, and DarkHeart Thicket is a good ass dungeon
and the first boss, a corrupted archdruid, comments on you being a powerful druid yourself and his dialogue adapts based on your spec.
and some sick bear forms.

My least favorite part of being a druid is that you get all this gear but you don't ever get to see any of it and that still exists but it's diminished because of the new forms and the weapons themselves being cool as shit outside of animal forms

I just want to reiterate how much fun I am having

I finished val'shara at 102, did like the first line of quests in azsuna, and with inscription and herbalism quests and then getting the quests at 103 to get my other artifacts and finishing the dungeon quest for end of Val'Shara i'm at 104 with only 3 quests done in my second area because there are so many other (beneficial) distractions.

Also being a druid is dope because you get 3 real neat artifact quests (resto was meh), you get a great class hall, cool champions, and DarkHeart Thicket is a good ass dungeon
and the first boss, a corrupted archdruid, comments on you being a powerful druid yourself and his dialogue adapts based on your spec.
and some sick bear forms.

I've been a druid since launch and have always considered it the best class in the game. This expansion is like getting a high five and a /wink from Blizzard like "Yeah, you're fucking awesome".

All the druid stuff is so polished and fleshed out. I cannot get enough of it.

Ryan_MSF

Reached 106 with my warrior, and come to the realisation that the idea of playing this for an undisclosed large amount of time, just isn't doing it for me.

Currently looking over at my fire mage/enhance shaman with wide eyes and tempted to just bite the bullet and start levelling that instead.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
QOHm2F7.jpg

CHC

So I think I've decided to do a full restart from level 1 on a new server. Would anyone be able to give me some tips or link a guide that can help build a gold making infrastructure?

You know, things I should be doing as I level up to help bring in some coin?

Or is not worthwhile anymore and I should just wait until endgame until trying to make money in earnest?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You could make a Demon Hunter, do the starting quests (2 hrs) and get a guaranteed 1k gold, send gold, delete hunter, start over.

That might be terribly inefficient compared to other methods, I'm not sure.

Sarcasm

You could make a Demon Hunter, do the starting quests (2 hrs) and get a guaranteed 1k gold, send gold, delete hunter, start over.

That might be terribly inefficient compared to other methods, I'm not sure.

If he has no other characters on that server he can't make a DH. Need at least one high level.

CassSept

There's a conspiracy theory floating around that if you have an end of zone dungeon quest for a pillar of creation and queue for that dungeon specifically, you basically have queue priority. Sounds pretty silly, but I got an instant queue as DPS for neltharion's lair the other day when I was finishing Highmountain.

Huh, that's curious, when I queued for a random dungeon I had to wait for about an hour but when I finished Val'sharah and queued up for Darkheart Thicket I got it right away.

I need to get as many characters as I can to 110 before Brewfest starts on the 20th. I am getting that fucking brewfest ram this year, I swear.

Of course, it would be a lot easier if the holiday dungeons used the level scaling system introduced in Legion. I don't think there's any way of knowing that in advance though.

*checks calendar* Oh my only 1,5 months to haloweeen >.< Time to dust alts off again.

Epix

I added a small handfull of addons, and one of them is adding a new tooltip directly below anything I mouseover that shows vendor values, auction house values and whether i should vendor, disenchant or auction an item. Most of the time it overlaps with item I'm trying to see . Does anyone know which addon this is and if it's possible to configure it out of the way.

CHC

Just take double gathering professions and auction stuff as you level.

Ok so basically the age old method still holds up - good to know. I just didn't want to waste time mining and gathering a bunch of shit only to have it net me some amount of gold that would be insignificant by the time I hit 100 or something. But I guess the economy is the economy and even low levels remain useful and scale with inflation somewhat?

Mupod

I added a small handfull of addons, and one of them is adding a new tooltip directly below anything I mouseover that shows vendor values, auction house values and whether i should vendor, disenchant or auction an item. Most of the time it overlaps with item I'm trying to see . Does anyone know which addon this is and if it's possible to configure it out of the way.

Auctioneer?

Sarek

Legion ore and herb prices were already going down on the AH, but now for some prices have skyrocketed again, on my server at least. Felslate is now 65g leystone 25g, foxflower 40g, etc. Earned easily over 10k in an hour of mining / herbing on an alt.

Has anyone tried queueing for a specific dungeon without a Pillar quest? I've just been doing the dungeons as I get to them in the story and I've been getting instant queues as well. Either they are prioritizing people with the quests or maybe not a lot of people are doing the random queue?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Can't decide between Enh Shammy, Frost DK, or Havoc DH as my alt. Anyone with 110 of any of these specs have any recommendations/input/warnings lol?

iammeiam

Has anyone tried queueing for a specific dungeon without a Pillar quest? I've just been doing the dungeons as I get to them in the story and I've been getting instant queues as well. Either they are prioritizing people with the quests or maybe not a lot of people are doing the random queue?

I'm pretty sure they're prioritizing either first-timers or people with the Pillars quests; when I did the four leveling quests on DPS my queue was instant. I tried to get into Darkheart Thicket again for a world quest yesterday, and waited 50 minutes, gave up, tried later, waited 70 minutes, gave up, tried later, waited 90 minutes, gave up, and then got a tank to queue carry me and we got in instantly. The Group Finder estimated time ranged from 15 seconds to a couple of minutes during this; the people I know who are leveling have never had to wait. It seems like for DPS at least we're getting perpetually kicked to the back of the line, or something. I get why they wouldn't want to hold up people's story progression/the massive EXP from finishing an area, but it means I just groan when I get a profession quest with dungeon component. At least I finally have the ilevel for heroics.

There's got to be some kind of queue prioritization going on

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Can't decide between Enh Shammy, Frost DK, or Havoc DH as my alt. Anyone with 110 of any of these specs have any recommendations/input/warnings lol?

I don't have 110's of any, but out of the three I'd choose Enhance.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't think reaching max lvl has ever been this overwhelming, regarding how much stuff there is to do and see.

Artifact on alts is my issue. Makes me not want to level any more than 1 at least for now.
Which is sad as I wanna do the DK story and such.

Fjordson

There's a conspiracy theory floating around that if you have an end of zone dungeon quest for a pillar of creation and queue for that dungeon specifically, you basically have queue priority. Sounds pretty silly, but I got an instant queue as DPS for neltharion's lair the other day when I was finishing Highmountain.
That happened to me, though it wasn't a Pillar of Creation quest exactly, just somewhat related (the Val'Sharah ending dungeon). Had a quest to go into Darkheart Thicket and the queue took two minutes. Last night without any dungeon quests the random queue took close to an hour lol.

CHC

Any concensus forming yet about which class quests are the best / worst?

Only done arms warrior so far and I'm not THAT into the class hall. Kind of never wanted to be a Norse Viking especially.... I'd rather just have a big, brutish fort. But I guess we got enough of that with Garrisons.....

Haven't been really able to sell much for enchanting mats. No one has bought the Chaos Crystal's I put up and the Leylight Shards are only selling for around 50g a go on my server.

lazygecko

Is the arcane mage artifact the only one that talks to you? It also occasionally sucks energy from environmental magic sources to give you a buff.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm still only 102 on my fire mage, and there is 2 elves so far that wanted to borrow my artifact because "Ooh, is that *legendary elf name*'s sword? Can i touch it?"

Is there someone like that in every zone? lol

So I ended Stormheim and entered the Dungeon, why my friend turne hostile, lorewise if was the player who did all that stuff, not her but she was ascended as a Valkyr and turned hostile against you for no reason

Haven't had much time to play since Legion launched, only 102, partially quested through Highmountain, I am really enjoying that zone, and have all three Monk artifacts now. I've only done a bit of the Order Hall and profession stuff but I've enjoyed what I've managed to play so far.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Does Legion include a month's time? I haven't played in a very long time but I feel so left out, my whole friends list is playing. Really can't afford it but damn it sucks being out in the cold lol.

CHC

Does Legion include a month's time? I haven't played in a very long time but I feel so left out, my whole friends list is playing. Really can't afford it but damn it sucks being out in the cold lol.

Unfortunately it does not. But check the buy / sell / thread here. I got Legion itself for 38 dollars, so with a month of time it's barely more expensive than just buy it retail. But yeah if you're interested in a month or two of play, expansion launch is always the best time. Community is briefly reinvigorated.

I've done 3 dungeons, all of them were zone ending quests, all of them were instant.

I'm DPS.

Sarcasm

For the love of me I can't level my jewelcrafting. Stuck at 683 and got stake of ore that give me maybe one gem.

How the heck do I level it?

Top Bottom