• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately it does not. But check the buy / sell / thread here. I got Legion itself for 38 dollars, so with a month of time it's barely more expensive than just buy it retail. But yeah if you're interested in a month or two of play, expansion launch is always the best time. Community is briefly reinvigorated.

Did that include the 100 boost? I'd kinda need that to get started. That's roughly £28, so if it did include the bonus that's not bad as it's £35 from Blizzard, otherwise you can get the basic edition for £25 from CDKeys or similar.

M.D

I was doing Eye of Azshara for the quest and there 2 hunters, at least one was boosted but I think the other one was as well and they kept pulling all the trash lol

Finally we killed the second boss and boom I get disconnected, reconnecting takes forever and I get kicked in the meanwhile.. then I get into a second group and I have the "invalid target" bug.
Is this bug part of ElvUI or WoW? I can't remember if it started happening after I installed ElvUi or not

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Those back totems not being toys seems like some extra dumb 'we made this to be a timesink' thing

justl ike the laughing skull masks requiring rep to transmog. fucking stupid

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
fun little touch I like about this expansion

downhill streams actually push you downstream. and its not even like pushing you directly forward, you'll follow the stream all the way down if you dont move

Source

Highmountain...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my entire friends list is playing overwatch and not wow, whut? lol

edit: stuck in "logging in to game server" screen... I guess thats why >_> oh well it was about time EU got it bad aswell I gues

Tecnniqe

Banned
my entire friends list is playing overwatch and not wow, whut? lol

edit: stuck in "logging in to game server" screen... I guess thats why >_> oh well it was about time EU got it bad aswell I gues

EU had these issues last night as well. 2 days in a row now.

Seems to affect both US and EU to some degree so might be a attack on their servers but who knows. Launch was all fine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
EU had these issues last night as well. 2 days in a row now.

Seems to affect both US and EU to some degree so might be a attack on their servers but who knows. Launch was all fine.

ED for me has been issue free since launch. This is the first time. It was fine this morning aswell :(

I've been a druid since launch and have always considered it the best class in the game. This expansion is like getting a high five and a /wink from Blizzard like "Yeah, you're fucking awesome".

All the druid stuff is so polished and fleshed out. I cannot get enough of it.

I've played since vanilla and I will always get my list of dudes to cap but I switch my main. I did resto druid for TBC raiding

I dunno what pulled me back to druid for legion but I feel like I fucked up because it's so damn good. I'm afraid i'll go to play an alt and it's not going to be as good of an experience because the druid one is just so so awesome.

when I saw (early champion spoilers)
Naralex
, I knew I made the right choice

Rhaknar

Well would the login server going down only kick out a few people but not all?

well I cant even get to the server screen. 2 more friends are on now on Doomhammer aswell for example

Im still either getting stuck in "logging in to game server" or it instantly disconects me with a errror msg

edit: another friend just got in on ED no problem (he didnt even know there was problems lol), I still cant. WELP.

Rhaknar

Weird.

Spam until it works?

thats what i was doing and now ANOTHER friend got in, I asked what he did and he just waited out the "logging in to game server" screen, which I guess ill do now.

hidden queue maybe?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
WoD was a fairly big departure from how things had been done before. Legion is a logical progression of those concepts with some tweaks - how is that 'crazy'? It's exactly what I'd expect from a sequel.

The revisionist history from people who never stop playing WoW and get all salty/jaded over content droughts always sounds like the same old song and dance to me.

As for MoP...I don't have much patience for dailies. I didn't last long in that expansion even for someone who usually only plays for a few months at a time. Didn't like the overall theme either.

It's crazy because WoD had the least amount of content and they went from that to Legion, which has the most content we've seen. You think it's a logical progression to go from 0 to 100?

If you didn't like MoP then I dunno what to tell you. It's not revisionist of me to say that I thought it was a great xpack because I was saying the same thing while it was happening.

Rhaknar

yeah im in, guess you should just wait it out in "logging in to game server" screen even if it looks like its hung up

Xeteh

Man, the prices on crafting materials are so insane right now. Its annoying because I need some to buy the leatherworking patterns from this NPC but I'm not buying 5 gems at 5k gold each.

M.D

Can you craft the various bracers which are needed for the Obliterum Forge quest and sell for a lot of gold at 700 or do you need 800 for that particular profession?

I am having such shit luck with upgrades/drops - I'm majorly struggling to get to 810 to do heroics. I've done several world quests that award gear (none of them upgraded), I've done several dungeons but all the gear was 805 (no wf/tf), I've done most of the friendly quests in Suramar but none of them have awarded gear. Whereas two of my guildies got lucky and got 840 titanforged stuff off of world quests. That Diablo RNG

Re: bracers, you need to finish a bunch of the profession quests to be able to craft those. I was able to craft the bracers on my LW at ~710 skill after finishing the profession quests.

Tecnniqe

Banned
yeah im in, guess you should just wait it out in "logging in to game server" screen even if it looks like its hung up

Alright. And we wait I guess.

Am I the only one finding Havoc really weak solo PvE spec? There seems to be little to no survivability to the spec at all.

I might level my Vengeance weapon up, since I've hit the hard cap wall on Havoc.

cdyhybrid

Can you craft the various bracers which are needed for the Obliterum Forge quest and sell for a lot of gold at 700 or do you need 800 for that particular profession?
You can craft them at any level I think, but you need to find/unlock the recipe.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Did some alts after hitting 110 and the artifact knowledge quest, and it's kind of hilarious how the DK artifact quest starts with Mograine going 'I don't trust the Lich King but the Legion takes priority', then shortly afterwards, it's
I don't know about rezzing the Horsemen, but you're in charge now, so I'll roll with it.

As Frost particularly, it comes just after
picking up the shards of Frostmourne itself.

Just....lol.

Levelling to 110 overall wasn't too terrible, but personally, I found it a (minor) step down from WoD in terms of content variety and the like. But some of that could come from the 'all zones' scale, which makes it feel much less like you're actually progressing in a zone when things stay the same in terms of relative time-to-kill.

Felt like the optional zone quests gave too little compared to how many things you had to kill to get them, in a lot of instances, even if they are in areas where you're killing stuff otherwise.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
God, I'm downloading WoW, is this 2010? I'll play my old HWL Warrior but I have no idea how the class plays anymore. Still haven't bought it yet, trying to find a cheap key with boost [EU].

Eric WK

I am having such shit luck with upgrades/drops - I'm majorly struggling to get to 810 to do heroics. I've done several world quests that award gear (none of them upgraded), I've done several dungeons but all the gear was 805 (no wf/tf), I've done most of the friendly quests in Suramar but none of them have awarded gear. Whereas two of my guildies got lucky and got 840 titanforged stuff off of world quests. That Diablo RNG

Re: bracers, you need to finish a bunch of the profession quests to be able to craft those. I was able to craft the bracers on my LW at ~710 skill after finishing the profession quests.

Just keep at it. Took me a while to get over the 810 hump, but it happened and once you do you'll hit 825 in no time through heroics and world quests.

Xeteh

God, I'm downloading WoW, is this 2010? I'll play my old HWL Warrior but I have no idea how the class plays anymore. Still haven't bought it yet, trying to find a cheap key with boost [EU].

As far as I know every copy of Legion comes with the boost.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The prot paladin artifact is so much better looking than the warrior prot artifact

On pure aesthetics I guess I agree, but I think the prot warrior artifact is thematically cooler. Using a single ancient scale from the strongest dragon in history as a shield is dope.

Xeteh

Clearly never finishing the Obliterum questline at this rate. Fucking people gouging with the bracers, 20k+ for both plate and cloth bracers.

Top Bottom