• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Clearly never finishing the Obliterum questline at this rate. Fucking people gouging with the bracers, 20k+ for both plate and cloth bracers.

Those prices are coming down but it'll take a few weeks.

Plate bracers were 40k on Thursday.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Monk Artifact and Class Hall campaign just reminds me how much I liked hte MOP characters. Chen and Li Li, the Emperor, The Celestials and the Monkey King.

CHC

Did that include the 100 boost? I'd kinda need that to get started. That's roughly £28, so if it did include the bonus that's not bad as it's £35 from Blizzard, otherwise you can get the basic edition for £25 from CDKeys or similar.

Yep, all versions of Legion come with a level 100 boost, don't worry about that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
making groups in suramar for group quests and shit, whats this talking to other people out in the world thing? I seem to recall doing that a long time ago ;_;

anyway one easy piece of gear to help your ilvl to get into heroics for example is the order hall set pants, you just need to kill 8 final bosses from 8 dungeons. you probably already did 4/5 while lvling (the 4 from each zone and then violet hold maybe), then just quickly do the remaining 3 that open up at 110 and boom 820 legs

anyone seen how to unlock the Talonclaw (Survival Hunter) hidden skin yet? Cant find it online anyware. Not the one that drops from ursoc, theres a 6th one which is bladed (unless its not in game yet?)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
As far as I know every copy of Legion comes with the boost.

Yep, all versions of Legion come with a level 100 boost, don't worry about that.

Just from Blizzard I assume? Because CDKeys have a pre-order version with and a regular without the boost. At this point I'll probably just pay the full £35 from Blizzard, but I have a couple of hours until the download is finished.

lazygecko

The new legion shoulders complement the rest of my shaman mog well

legionmogfjs37.jpg

CHC

Just from Blizzard I assume? Because CDKeys have a pre-order version with and a regular without the boost. At this point I'll probably just pay the full £35 from Blizzard, but I have a couple of hours until the download is finished.

I mean, order the regular version at your peril but I'm about 90% sure it comes with the boost and they just forgot to mention it. I don't believe there is any way you can unlock Legion on your account without also getting a boost, it's just part of the package, not a separate key.

M.D

You can craft them at any level I think, but you need to find/unlock the recipe.

Well, it seemed I have missed out on that market for now.
All the bracers sell for really low prices except for the Blacksmithing, but there doesn't seem to be much profit with the cost of the mats.

I wish I paid attention to this earlier :\ had a free month right before Legion launched and now I'm busy X_X

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, order the regular version at your peril but I'm about 90% sure it comes with the boost and they just forgot to mention it. I don't believe there is any way you can unlock Legion on your account without also getting a boost, it's just part of the package, not a separate key.

Bah, I can't risk it as I really need the boost but man, I could really do with saving the £9, that pays for my sub. I've Tweeted them asking, hopefully they reply. Or if anyone bought the £26 version could let me know for sure I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: I've just put in a support request, will update this if they reply.

Mupod

It's crazy because WoD had the least amount of content and they went from that to Legion, which has the most content we've seen. You think it's a logical progression to go from 0 to 100?

If you didn't like MoP then I dunno what to tell you. It's not revisionist of me to say that I thought it was a great xpack because I was saying the same thing while it was happening.

MoP is the definitive moment when WoW started focusing hard on everything I dislike about modern MMOs. I don't blame them for it because it's the game their paying subscriber base wanted. I understand the difficulties of an aging mmo, and I'm not the guy subbing for years on end so they don't have to pander to me. Doesn't mean I have to like the direction they took. I still don't. But at least now my friends are playing again, they all hated MoP so much they quit back then so I REALLY had no reason to play it. They have a lot fewer nice things to say about that expansion than I do.

I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about with the 0 to 100 thing because I don't know exactly what's in Legion. They look about the same to me. Even the raid release schedule's the same. If you really think this expansion's going to end up getting better support just because they said so I admire your optimism.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The view distance change is so awesome.

I legitimately have no idea what you're talking about with the 0 to 100 thing because I don't know exactly what's in Legion. They look about the same to me. Even the raid release schedule's the same. If you really think this expansion's going to end up getting better support just because they said so I admire your optimism.

My original comment was that WoD had no content and Legion has a shit that. That's what I mean that they went from 0 to 100 and I don't understand why you think it's so odd of me to say that the stark contrast is crazy.

I don't have to have to wait until the xpack to see how much content it will have, I just know that right now, there is much more content in the game than there was in the entirety of WoD.

I really don't get what your grip with my original comment is, it's like you're just arguing for the sakes of arguing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just noticed this enchanting quest needs things from stonecore and scholomance

lolwhut

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So many interesting quests, then I get the quest from the guy next to that prince ghost fella who wants ingredients for his cocktail

*groan*

Fjordson

making groups in suramar for group quests and shit, whats this talking to other people out in the world thing? I seem to recall doing that a long time ago ;_;

anyway one easy piece of gear to help your ilvl to get into heroics for example is the order hall set pants, you just need to kill 8 final bosses from 8 dungeons. you probably already did 4/5 while lvling (the 4 from each zone and then violet hold maybe), then just quickly do the remaining 3 that open up at 110 and boom 820 legs

anyone seen how to unlock the Talonclaw (Survival Hunter) hidden skin yet? Cant find it online anyware. Not the one that drops from ursoc, theres a 6th one which is bladed (unless its not in game yet?)
Nice, gonna remember that tip.

And yeah, I've been wondering about how the unholy DK hidden artifact also. Has yet to be found according to Reddit and Wowhead.

erawsd

You can also upgrade it to 830 as soon as you get it. Likewise for the ORder Hall Helm and Bracers that you'll likely have as soon as you hit 110.

KLoWn

Oh wow, Highmountain is absolutely beautiful at night. Especially if you're at High Totem, so goddamn cozy.

Increased view distance + darker nights = awesome.

Rhaknar

You can also upgrade it to 830 as soon as you get it. Likewise for the ORder Hall Helm and Bracers that you'll likely have as soon as you hit 110.

aye but its 2k resources, not sure if its worth it. I did upgrade the head and bracers to 820 sicne its only 500 resources to do that (well each so 1k)

Im 807 now and its annoying because im getting 805 items in dungeons and I want to do heroics. I got a 815 relic but it was...blood, my THIRD slot which I cant use yet lol

edit: Suramar continues to be absolutely fantastic, and I just noticed im only 2/11 in main quests lol good lord >_<

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Warriors, is Fury or Arms the bees knees these days? I remember Fury having a fairly annoying rotation the last time I played it, and I preferred the "me smash" style of Arms. I just logged in and I just have no idea what to spec. Plus I don't want to pick the wrong Artifact weapon.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Warriors, is Fury or Arms the bees knees these days? I remember Fury having a fairly annoying rotation the last time I played it, and I preferred the "me smash" style of Arms. I just logged in and I just have no idea what to spec. Plus I don't want to pick the wrong Artifact weapon.
Arms crushes Fury. Better for PvP and PvE. Also, you are going to pick up all artifact weapons.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Arms crushes Fury. Better for PvP and PvE. Also, you are going to pick up all artifact weapons.

OK thanks, I thought you just picked one and that was it. And I'm glad Arms is better, it was always my favourite. I'm watching a guide now and the rotation is very simple. I might actually get to start playing soon :D

dimb

OK thanks, I thought you just picked one and that was it. And I'm glad Arms is better, it was always my favourite. I'm watching a guide now and the rotation is very simple. I might actually get to start playing soon :D
Make sure you're taking a solid path down the artifact talent tree. Arms improves A LOT from some of its artifact traits. Something like this ideally:

Rhaknar

that feel when you are ilvl 809 and want to do heroics, waste 2k class order resources on a set upgrade item to go from 820 to 830...

...and are STILL 809 after >_>

dimb

that feel when you are ilvl 809 and want to do heroics, waste 2k class order resources on a set upgrade item to go from 820 to 830...

...and are STILL 809 after >_>
Can you really not get to 810 from world quests?

Rhaknar

Can you really not get to 810 from world quests?

I exausted all the gear from world quests yesterday and nothing new popped up today. I just bought another upgrade fuck it, 810 now #yolo

its not like there isnt a ton of order hall resources from world quests if I need it, in fact ive been ignoring the ones that give resources

Tacitus_

Clearly never finishing the Obliterum questline at this rate. Fucking people gouging with the bracers, 20k+ for both plate and cloth bracers.

Happily selling them at 20k a piece. Crafting the cloth bracers costs about a fifth of that, but the quest chain to unlock the recipe is looooong.

erawsd

aye but its 2k resources, not sure if its worth it. I did upgrade the head and bracers to 820 sicne its only 500 resources to do that (well each so 1k)

Im 807 now and its annoying because im getting 805 items in dungeons and I want to do heroics. I got a 815 relic but it was...blood, my THIRD slot which I cant use yet lol

edit: Suramar continues to be absolutely fantastic, and I just noticed im only 2/11 in main quests lol good lord >_<

What else you spending resources on? I had like 12k when I reached the cap today. AK you only need 500 every 5 days. Missions are only 50-100 each. From what I've seen the only big expensive are the Order Hall upgrades, but those also take so long to complete that you can easily afford them by the time they are available.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I'm going to level everything up to 110 and then figure out my main unlike what I thought I would do.

I love Shadow but I always feel weird playing a caster as a main. I love it in the group environment but as soon as I'm just out questing even if it's effective, something feels off to me.

Rhaknar

What else you spending resources on? I had like 12k when I reached the cap today. AK you only need 500 every 5 days. Missions are only 50-100 each. From what I've seen the only big expensive are the Order Hall upgrades, but those also take so long to complete that you can easily afford them by the time they are available.

I saw some of the later order all upgrades were like 7k and that was just like tier 3, not 4 or 5

also, another nice feel... doing the suramar scenario, using up all your mana to get more withiered, ignoring the chests because youre like "ill keep trucking along and get more score with more withered, and then come back for the chests" and then you run into one of those cunt ninja elites out of nowhere and he kills all your withered and yourself

tumblr_inline_mnu7hv936e1qz4rgp.gif

dimb

I think I'm going to level everything up to 110 and then figure out my main unlike what I thought I would do.
I have such a hard time spreading myself to do this when the progression post-110 is so interesting. Like I could level up my alts...or I could keep exploring Suramar, working towards the class order hall questline, and run some great dungeons. Even small things like being one artifact trait away from my second gold trait just strings me along to push on my capped character.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have such a hard time spreading myself to do this when the progression post-110 is so interesting. Like I could level up my alts...or I could keep exploring Suramar, working towards the class order hall questline, and run some great dungeons. Even small things like being one artifact trait away from my second gold trait just strings me along to push on my capped character.

Well, the idea is that I want to do it now because I don't want to get my character to 110, do all this shit, level an alt, and figure out I like the alt more and do all that shit over again

which is what happened to me in WoD

Beautiful... And that music
Guh.gif

Highmountain is probably my favourite zone so far.

Yeah, it's easily my favorite as well. I've always loved mountainous areas in games and combined with the focus on tauren, it's just one of my favorite areas throughout the game overall.

Rhaknar

exactly my feeling. and im a huge altaholic too usually. Suramar got me so hooked, and world quests. And now I can do heroics too.

Ill probably level a new guy in a couple of weeks when I have some time off work tho

Apathy

Glad they threw a bone in there for alchemist to gouge people...oh wait. Always get screwed out of gold making

erawsd

I saw some of the later order all upgrades were like 7k and that was just like tier 3, not 4 or 5

also, another nice feel... doing the suramar scenario, using up all your mana to get more withiered, ignoring the chests because youre like "ill keep trucking along and get more score with more withered, and then come back for the chests" and then you run into one of those cunt ninja elites out of nowhere and he kills all your withered and yourself

tumblr_inline_mnu7hv936e1qz4rgp.gif

Yeah but those later ones also take 10-12 days to complete, so its not as bad as it seems. Spending a few thousand now for stuff thats better than heroic gear def seems worth it, imo anyway.

Rhaknar

Is there a clear path to gear past 800 like say, Tanaan, or does it require 5 guides?

Suramar, World quests, normal dungeons, upgrading your class order set pieces

Yeah but those later ones also take 10-12 days to complete, so its not as bad as it seems. Spending a few thousand now for stuff thats better than heroic gear def seems worth it, imo anyway.

yeah youre probably right. And I can do heroics now at least

Top Bottom