• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Strimei

Did they turn on CRZ for the Isles?

I'm noticing so many Ragnaros players and that's not my server. I did join a different realm group earlier for a group quest, but I don't think it was Ragnaros.

Fjordson

Did they turn on CRZ for the Isles?

I'm noticing so many Ragnaros players and that's not my server. I did join a different realm group earlier for a group quest, but I don't think it was Ragnaros.
Yep. Once a new expansion comes out CRZ kicks in (or at least it did for Pandaria once Warlords was out).

So....the uh, Shard of Light quest-chain at 110 where you use the Tears of Elune on it....Yeah, I...this writing is just....ugh

1368.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stormheim is the worst goddamn zone as a hunter. Why are there six birds above me at all times?

I need to spec out of barrage, this is insane.

I specced out of barrage a long time ago, that move is just too ninja pull friendly

Almost lvl 109 and having trouble finding quests...

Literally impossible if you do the entire zones, which if you say you cant find quests, one assumes you are doing. You hit 110 at the long before finishing the 4th zone

I specced out of barrage a long time ago, that move is just too ninja pull friendly

My favorite so far is when I think I have it lined up to shoot exactly what I want it to, but then the mob moves and my character turns with him, changing my LOS and pulling half the zone.

I'm finishing and doing every quest I've come across =\

I'm about to hit 110 and haven't gone to the 4th zone yet. Each zone has a definitive breadcrumb trail through its story. Did you abandon anything?

Sölf

Vault of the Wardens is one of the best Dungeons Blizzard has ever done and Cordana is the best and most interesting 5 man boss I have seen in WoW so far. My god, what a fun fight on Mythic. <3

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Never had a mount drop the first time farming it.

t54dtcP.png

I just saved myself millions of future Ji-kun kills.

I'm a player who last played in early-mid Cataclysm, having just resubbed, is there any reason to buying Legion *right away*, or am I not missing out on anything leveling up my guy through MoP and WoD content first and then purchasing Legion @ 100?

Sölf

I'm a player who last played in early-mid Cataclysm, having just resubbed, is there any reason to buying Legion *right away*, or am I not missing out on anything leveling up my guy through MoP and WoD content first and then purchasing Legion @ 100?

Do the content first. Leveling through those at least once is great, so except for the "OMG LEGION IS NEW!!!!" stuff you won't miss out. Raids only release in 3 weeks and even with reading everything in Legion you get 100-110 in ~20-25 hours with roughly ~2 hours per level.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

MOP is good, WOD is kind of meh, I don't think you're missing much.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Make sure you're taking a solid path down the artifact talent tree. Arms improves A LOT from some of its artifact traits. Something like this ideally:

Cheers, I just got my weapon and first point.

So far I LOVE the new animations, I hated Orc before but now it looks great. Lots of great little touches like the NPC popup when they're talking, and I really like how they've streamlined the abilities, got rid of glyphs and just removed some clutter. The first cinimatics were great too, legit chills when the
King went dual wield briefly.

Kintaco

I'm not a big fan of being the class leader. It kind of made sense for the pally quest, although I just want to be ONE of the champions not THEE champion. The DK one just seemed silly
with Highlord Mograine just giving up the reigns.
Are all the class stories pretty much the same?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So....the uh, Shard of Light quest-chain at 110 where you use the Tears of Elune on it....Yeah, I...this writing is just....ugh

http://replygif.net/i/1368.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

It was meh but i got over it in a couple seconds. The whole thing did at least give me of an idea of what things are building to. For basically my whole leveling experience i forgot why we were even at Broken Shore to begin with. Maybe its because i became so involved with each zones awesome individuals stories and presentation so i didnt pay it as much attention? im just ecstatic that i have some direction.

mclem

Literally impossible if you do the entire zones, which if you say you cant find quests, one assumes you are doing. You hit 110 at the long before finishing the 4th zone

I actually hit 110 very shortly after finishing the second, but I did keep getting distracted by sidestuff.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'm not a big fan of being the class leader. It kind of made sense for the pally quest, although I just want to be ONE of the champions not THEE champion. The DK one just seemed silly

Mage one makes you
leader of the (newly remade) tirisgarde, basically an elite group of mages that did stuff for the guardian and council in the past. You work with members of the council of six and have some of them join you as champions, and khadgar pops up alot, but you're not being made the guardian/member of the council or anything, just leader of an elite mage task force.

Sarcasm

In order to do world quests you need honored rep in all factions including surmar?

I ask variations I got a bunch of quests from my hall when I hit 110 and I haven't even started two zones.

Ark

Warrior one:
Odyn sees you as the greatest Warrior on Azeroth and resurrects you after you die during the artifact weapon quest, you're essentially just a chosen Valajar amongst the many great Warriors and Vrykul in Valhalla/Skyhold.

Spent the day farming normal and heroic dungeons. I'm loving every single dungeon, they are all amazing so far. Maw of Souls is absolutely jaw-droppingly good.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
In order to do world quests you need honored rep in all factions including surmar?

I ask variations I got a bunch of quests from my hall when I hit 110 and I haven't even started two zones.
Pretty sure it's only friendly.

Tenebrous

Locking the third artifact socket behind 44 hour order hall missions is, by far, my biggest gripe with Legion so far. If Odyn had sent me to kill 150 dungeon bosses, I'd be alright with that... Go kill Legion folks in Suramar? Sure, I guess.

But something I can't actually participate in... Laughable.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pretty sure it's only friendly.

It is.

Watching videos on heroic dungeons and it says that a lot of bosses have abilities that if the tank doesnt use active mitigation they gain buffs or new abilities.

Thats a first no? I don't remember bosses doing that before.

Isn't there a cinematic in Azsuna?

Nope, I noticed that aswell.

Tenebrous

It is.

Watching videos on heroic dungeons and it says that a lot of bosses have abilities that if the tank doesnt use active mitigation they gain buffs or new abilities.

Thats a first no? I don't remember bosses doing that before.

Some WoD raid bosses had mechanics like that, but dungeons? I can't really recall anything like that before...

They're incredibly inconsequential right now, but on Mythic+, I'm pretty sure they'll be very, very scary.

erawsd

Locking the third artifact socket behind 44 hour order hall missions is, by far, my biggest gripe with Legion so far. If Odyn had sent me to kill 150 dungeon bosses, I'd be alright with that... Go kill Legion folks in Suramar? Sure, I guess.

But something I can't actually participate in... Laughable.

Yeah those missions are easily the dumbest thing I've seen in Legion thus far and Im not even someone that completely hates the mission table. Id rather they just tell me to come back in 2 days for the next quest.

Probably extremely late to the party, but I'm a priest that hasn't really played since Mists. I was primarily a disc healer, and I'm really not liking what they've done to this spec. I just can't seem to get my head around it.
Swapped to holy, but I need to run some dungeons just to get back into the swing of things. Any priests out there have any hints for me? (I'm currently 103, not that that matters all too much at the moment)

Strimei

Mage one makes you
leader of the (newly remade) tirisgarde, basically an elite group of mages that did stuff for the guardian and council in the past. You work with members of the council of six and have some of them join you as champions, and khadgar pops up alot, but you're not being made the guardian/member of the council or anything, just leader of an elite mage task force.

I don't know if I would say you're the leader, exactly. Its more arranged like how the Guardian/Council of Tirisfal (which is what the Tirisgarde was) was set up, with a Guardian, or in this case Conjurer, as a sort of champion/semi-leader, and a council of leaders behind him/her.

Difference in this case is that we're not empowered like the Guardian was.

The only thing that annoys me a lot from this expansion is the over saturation of bonus missions.

Just share the points for everyone in that zone, jesus

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
im assuming that the archaeology changes happened during pre-patch but do they ever make a difference.

edit: its also weird being max level and have the first zone you started in be as difficult.. maybe even more difficult.. than when you first went through there.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I hate Demon Hunters as tanks. Whether its because I'm getting stuck with bad ones or the class just sucks at doing their job I don't care. But please give me an option to not queue with them in LFG.. Blizz plz.

Rhaknar

Also looking at some mythic dungeon videos, it seems they dint change / add anything on heroic, its just harder and with more one shots? I dont mean that in a bad way, Im just asking so we can practice in heroic and apply the same tactics on mythic in general.

Tenebrous

Also looking at some mythic dungeon videos, it seems they dint change / add anything on heroic, its just harder and with more one shots? I dont mean that in a bad way, Im just asking so we can practice in heroic and apply the same tactics on mythic in general.

Final boss in Black Rook Hold - The beam that spins around is a lot bigger & moves faster.
Final boss in Vault of the Wardens - There's multiple waves of the ghosts from multiple directions at the same time.

That's all I can remember. Not saying there wasn't differences with the other ones, but I didn't notice them.

Why is Helheim being CRZed with another realm? Legion zones aren't supposed to be CRZed.

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing. I went in there for the quest and suddenly shit was exploding everywhere and there were a ton of people. I thought I'd got zoned into an endgame zone or some shit.

Westlo

Anyone who posts 100 of a crafting material in stacks of 1 should be banned from using the auction house.

They're just trying to wall the price so a lot of people undercut them. They'll buy out everything that is below them, cancel their auctions and repost higher.

At least some of them do lol. Others just legit sell like that....

The risk is people buy out that wall, ive been doing that with dust buying everything under 30g and selling 45 plus.

Dust and leystone are pretty easy flips...

Too hard to control felslate:(
Though was hilarious when one guy bought 130k of felslate off me at 200g a pop yet there was loads on the ah for 80-110g....

Tried to reset chaos crystals and infernal brimstones, massive flops lol. spent 190k on infernals and got back 170k so like 20k loss.... oh well you live and you learn... and I stupidly did chaos crystals on my horde character so i can't even give them to my mage who is my 2nd character because she's alliance... dumb dumb lol.

Top Bottom