• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
everyone getting epix in heroics but me ;_;

did get 3 825s tho. One was traded, and I traded 2 things I didnt need to other peeps. Its great you can do that now

edit: actually bought felsalte ugh disgusting. 10k for 80 is "cheap" compared to the prices ive seen so far tho >_<

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Mythic dungeons feel super easy and a little tedious. Things don't really do damage and mechanics aren't really that intensive. I figure it's stage 1 of infinite though.

Then all of a sudden, HELYA. Holy fuck she is crazy. She's got this frontal cone that doesn't telegraph and was killing us in about 3 seconds. You have to be able to see which way she is ever so slightly facing before she casts it, holy crap its unforgiving.

Robin64

I am becoming fast annoyed with everything in the world being level 110 when all I want to do is fish and dig.

At least I found a little trick for doing the Archaeology quest more quickly. Keep the fragments full for the digsites you are doing, in this case 200/200 Demonic, and then keep trying to look the one you just discovered. The chance of a mob spawning seems to be each time you attempt to loot, but because you can't...

XVQCQTW.png

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I am becoming fast annoyed with everything in the world being level 110 when all I want to do is fish and dig.

Yeah, ilevel increase is going to help eventually with time-to-kill, but the constant mob-aggro is kind of aggravating at times.

It also kind of makes me feel like I'm not really progressing (when levelling).

Tenebrous

Mythic dungeons feel super easy and a little tedious. Things don't really do damage and mechanics aren't really that intensive. I figure it's stage 1 of infinite though.

Then all of a sudden, HELYA. Holy fuck she is crazy. She's got this frontal cone that doesn't telegraph and was killing us in about 3 seconds. You have to be able to see which way she is ever so slightly facing before she casts it, holy crap its unforgiving.

Yeah, mythic dungeons are currently easier than WoD heroics dungeons were on launch. Said a few pages/days back that the mechanics need to feel a little bit more important, because otherwise, all 7 dungeons are brilliant.

Violet Hold doesn't exist.

Cordana is entertaining on mythic, at least. Still one shot it, but the extra troops were entirely unexpected & caused us all to laugh.

Blinck

Still waiting for my CE Edition -.- so frustrating..

Is it worth, in any way, to upgrade my garrison and do "garrison stuff" at this point?

vocab

Did STM for fun on the second boss in darkheart heroic. He died before I got above 55 stacks :( Once I'm familiar at what each boss does I'll probably use it in mythic dungeons.

I disagree somewhat. They aren't as hard as challenge modes, but I feel like the encounters can't be super advanced because class design for a bunch of specs are severely lacking. Spriest has a 45 sec silence and 30 sec aoe 2 sec stun. Can't exactly say an interrupt rotation would even work with garbage like that.

Yeah, mythic dungeons are currently easier than WoD heroics dungeons were on launch. .

Aside from tanking being eaiser in legion, man those WoD heroics were not hard. I feel like the damage is way higher in mythics in legion. Also, most of range had to learn how to not do dps on the move.

Tenebrous

I'm 6/11 in Suramar, and 350 rep from Honored. Can I start any of these story chapters now?

Blood & Wiine
Statecraft
A Growing Crisis
A Change of Seasons
Jandvik's Jarl

Or is there any non-story chapter related quests I should be looking for? Pretty sure I saw one somewhere in NE Suramar city.

Robin64

Found a questline in Suramar City that
led to me riding around on a dinosaur through the market district trampling the shit out of stuff
. Once beaten, it became a world quest, too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heroics are nice. I feel like video guides hyped them up to be harder than they are tho :3

need to find some mythic peeps, prob wont happen tho

heroics are nice. I feel like video guides hyped them up to be harder than they are tho :3

need to find some mythic peeps, prob wont happen tho

They are always fun and interesting (as healer atleast) when players are undergeared the first days of the expansion so there acually is some tactics and work needed.

Lanrutcon

Just hit 110, started doing some dungeons as Affliction.

Yikes.

Can you guess what happens when classes without ramp up times compete against a class that has?

TheYanger

Yeah, ilevel increase is going to help eventually with time-to-kill, but the constant mob-aggro is kind of aggravating at times.

It also kind of makes me feel like I'm not really progressing (when levelling).

Honestly, at 830 (super cas, levelling alt etc in terms of how much effort that took: none), it's already trivial to slaughter world mobs. This is the right decision. Yeah they're mildly tough at like, ilevel 780, but that's how it should be.

EDIT: Also, all the gathering professions and arch have glove enchants that GREATLY reduce the annoyance - let you gather between mob melee swings.

Tenebrous

Aside from tanking being eaiser in legion, man those WoD heroics were not hard. I feel like the damage is way higher in mythics in legion. Also, most of range had to learn how to not do dps on the move.

No they weren't, but I couldn't really pull multiple packs like I can right now.

PS: WTB trinkets. Expecting to see hundreds of DMF cards up for grabs tomorrow.

Mupod

Do the class hall quests require you to do every single dungeon? I got one to beat Neltharion's Lair so I waited until I finished Highmountain to get it done along with the zone quest. Immediately afterwards I got a quest for Darkheart Thicket - good, because Val'Sharah is the last zone I need to do. But when that's done are these going to keep popping up for each dungeon? I mean I'll be doing that over time anyways just curious how it's going to play out.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Taking an age to sell all my old mats, using AuctionLite and the scanning is brutal per item. Sitting on a bit of a fortune though so it's worth doing.

Lomax

So I broke down the other night and ordered the expansion via amazon prime, it was supposed to arrive today but it hasn't even shipped yet and now says Thursday for delivery (even though delivery today was "guaranteed"). The universe really doesn't want me playing WoW any more.

Mupod

Taking an age to sell all my old mats, using AuctionLite and the scanning is brutal per item. Sitting on a bit of a fortune though so it's worth doing.

Reminds me I need to start selling off old materials and BOEs. As I started getting sick of WoD in mid-2015 I stopped doing anything but basic Garrison stuff and raiding. I eventually got too lazy to even open my salvage crates, so my druid's inventory has...several hundred of them. My friend said those are probably full of valuable stuff but I heard their contents were nerfed - wondering if the nerf was retroactive to old crates or if I've actually got some valuable crap.

CHC

Anyone else not really feeling the warrior class hall too much? I'm LOVING the way the class plays this expansion but the whole Viking God theme isn't really thrilling me, the place is much too glimmering and clean. My idea of a warrior hall is just like a big-ass stone fucking FORT. No magical stuff, just raw and rough.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Reminds me I need to start selling off old materials and BOEs. As I started getting sick of WoD in mid-2015 I stopped doing anything but basic Garrison stuff and raiding. I eventually got too lazy to even open my salvage crates, so my druid's inventory has...several hundred of them. My friend said those are probably full of valuable stuff but I heard their contents were nerfed - wondering if the nerf was retroactive to old crates or if I've actually got some valuable crap.

The contents werent nerfed so you are safe. The old Large crates were removed and replaced with a Big crate that doesnt contain any equipable items other than the BoP set and follower weapon/armor upgrades.

i also want to state its weird being current with the content always. Makes farming mats a bit tougher when you dont outlevel the mobs. The prices are going to have to start to take that into account. If i have to fight for every fucking petal im going to charge accordingly.

Also Highmountain. Amazing stuff. Just had a reveal that was really well done.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Having to unlock world quests for every character seems a little annoying
yeah it's just friendly but is that really a necessary gate mechanic?

Lomax

Having to unlock world quests for every character seems a little annoying
yeah it's just friendly but is that really a necessary gate mechanic?

Anything that is still per character at this point is stupid. No one plays one character now. Everything like that should be account wide.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The Armory iOS/Android app's AH feature has automatic undercut settings, selling stuff with it is much faster than through any mod I used in the past. Only downside is that you have to be logged out to use it.

Shahadan

5 heroics in a row without any loot ;(
Not even bad ones.

Meanwhile I have already more blood of sargeras that I'll probably ever need. Weren't those things supposed to be rare?

Apathy

I'm 6/11 in Suramar, and 350 rep from Honored. Can I start any of these story chapters now?

Blood & Wiine
Statecraft
A Growing Crisis
A Change of Seasons
Jandvik's Jarl

Or is there any non-story chapter related quests I should be looking for? Pretty sure I saw one somewhere in NE Suramar city.

Just Jandvik's Jarl. Blood and wine needs honored and one of them needs a specific threshold later on

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mage or DH as my alt? Hmm...

Sarek

The warrior order hall is not fitting the class fantasy for me at all. It's just basically taking Marvel's Thor version of Norse mythology, and that is just way too polished and clean looking. Actually kinda bums me out because I've always enjoyed the warrior gameplay, and the order halls are such a big part of Legion.

Loxley

As someone who has been playing a Paladin for ten years as my primary class, man I feel so old-fashioned when DPS'ing next to a Demon Hunter :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Cant say I noticed any?

I've noticed like 5+ instances where a letter was missing or misplaced while reading quest texts, and I'm just lvl 102. Mind you, i got the artifact on all classes too, so there might be some stuff you haven't seen.

Grotar

Long post, haven't played since TBC, last four years i played GW2 but lack of content and Legion launch makes me want to try WoW again. So I have a lot of questions

1. Since my server Sylvanas EU is kinda dead for Horde side what is most active server atm for Horde EU or is there Gaf EU guild ?

2. Where could i get Legion expansion and game time for cheap ?

3. How graphically demanding is game now ? I have i-5 2500k @ 4,1 Ghz, 8GB of ram and GTX 560 ti 1gb, i heard that new zones are quite demanding.

4. If i start on new server do i get to keep my mounts that i have on other server, same goes for my armor skins ( have Amani War Bear )

5. Since i am used to GW2 which class has most mobility and would suit me most since i don't like being rooted in place while casting or doing dmg.

6. How long would it take for me to be able to afford to buy game time tokens for in game gold.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Long post, haven't played since TBC, last four years i played GW2 but lack of content and Legion launch makes me want to try WoW again. So I have a lot of questions

1. Since my server Sylvanas EU is kinda dead for Horde side what is most active server atm for Horde EU or is there Gaf EU guild ?

2. Where could i get Legion expansion and game time for cheap ?

3. How graphically demanding is game now ? I have i-5 2500k @ 4,1 Ghz, 8GB of ram and GTX 560 ti 1gb, i heard that new zones are quite demanding.

4. If i start on new server do i get to keep my mounts that i have on other server, same goes for my armor skins ( have Amani War Bear )

5. Since i am used to GW2 which class has most mobility and would suit me most since i don't like being rooted in place while casting or doing dmg.

6. How long would it take for me to be able to afford to buy game time tokens for in game gold.

1) Tarren Mill is very much Horde - I'm there. - No GAF guild exist to my knowledge.
2) CDkeys have been selling the game for cheap and you can probably find game time there too.
3) The game is far from optimized but it usually runs on everything. Tweak some settings and it should run fine =).
4) As long as the mounts are account wide (PvP Viscous Mounts are not).
5) DH got nice mobility but the usual Druids and Rogue and maybe Mage with blink or Warlock might do it for you.
6) Depends entirely on how much time you put in.

Top Bottom