• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Long post, haven't played since TBC, last four years i played GW2 but lack of content and Legion launch makes me want to try WoW again. So I have a lot of questions

1. Since my server Sylvanas EU is kinda dead for Horde side what is most active server atm for Horde EU or is there Gaf EU guild ?

2. Where could i get Legion expansion and game time for cheap ?

3. How graphically demanding is game now ? I have i-5 2500k @ 4,1 Ghz, 8GB of ram and GTX 560 ti 1gb, i heard that new zones are quite demanding.

4. If i start on new server do i get to keep my mounts that i have on other server, same goes for my armor skins ( have Amani War Bear )

5. Since i am used to GW2 which class has most mobility and would suit me most since i don't like being rooted in place while casting or doing dmg.

6. How long would it take for me to be able to afford to buy game time tokens for in game gold.

1. Less familiar with EU, but Draenor, Twisting Nether, or Kazzak seem to be good for Horde. I would probably lean Twisting Nether since that's where Serenity (top guild in the world) is located. There are no GAF guilds.

2. There's 3rd party sites I guess that sell Legion, but the only "official" way is to buy direct from Blizzard.

3. You should be able to run on lower settings. But the minimum graphics requirements have increased somewhat over time - the graphical settings ceiling has increased quite a bit. I'd look into getting a card with more than 1GB of VRAM, that's really going to hold you back. Otherwise your processor will be fine, RAM will be fine (though personally I couldn't go with less than 16GB of RAM these days for the multi-tasking I do.)

4. Mounts are now account wide. Transmog (system introduced in Cataclysm) that allows you to skin weapons and armor to look like other weapons or armor is now account-wide with a refreshed system as of Legion. If that's what you're referring to by armor skins. Armor-type restrictions still apply.

5. Demon Hunter, Warrior, Rogue, Druid, Mage. All have decent mobility. I wouldn't necessarily recommend Demon Hunter for a new/returning player though - you'd have a harder time finding groups to accept you since literally everyone has one.

6. So for EU, bit more tricky as the price of WoW Tokens is about double what they cost in the US. A lot will depend on how much time you sink in, but without the power of the gold-printing machine that was garrisons I'd say it would be very difficult for a new/returning player without much gold to get to the point where they could comfortably live off WoW tokens. This is speaking more specifically about EU. I'd probably just suck it up and pay the sub fee, as you'd be spending so much time and effort trying to make gold to pay for a month that it wouldn't be fun when you could've just worked an hour or two at some minimum wage job and had the money to pay for a sub that way. For an experienced goblin with a hefty bit of capital already solely doing the most profitable activities, it would probably take at least around 10 hours a month to reach 65k in a month. Someone without experience or capital? Probably 30+ hours a month. And even then that's mostly assuming you would have multiple max level characters with maxed professions, a significant time investment to get going in itself.

M.D

Fellow Vengeance tanks, any opinion on Fel Devastation vs Spirit Bomb? They both act as an AoE damage + heal, but I'm not sure which is stronger.

Spirit Bomb in theory has no CD as long as you have a Soul Fragment available, but Fel Devastation has more synergy with Fiery Brand + Fiery Demise

Rixxan

any rogues in here semi far in the class hall quest?

im on a mission to track down an SI:7 imposter dude from my board (morrison i think), and its a day long (24hr) mission, but i guess my followers aren't high enough level to even start it because my success percentages are too low

i dont have much experience with WOD and garrisons but i assume the course of action here is to level up my followers until my percentage is high enough?

just want to make sure im not missing something stupid

Nere

any rogues in here semi far in the class hall quest?

im on a mission to track down an SI:7 imposter dude from my board (morrison i think), and its a day long (24hr) mission, but i guess my followers aren't high enough level to even start it because my success percentages are too low

i dont have much experience with WOD and garrisons but i assume the course of action here is to level up my followers until my percentage is high enough?

just want to make sure im not missing something stupid

I don't have a rogue but yeah that is the idea. Even if you have 1 follower who is close enough to the level you can use him and then use troops to support him, since the troops have guranteed 30% chance they are really helpful, at least that is how I did that mission.

Sarcasm

I lvled one from 104 to 110. And now he even gained item level too!

Also, how is any other jewelcrafter actually lvling JC? I maybe get an actual gem after prospecting 100+ ores.

It sucks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love that the Windwalker monk isn't a MOP weapon or a Vyrkul weapon or a Titan weapon.

Could have been so easy to go that route. Got Tol'vir and Djinn stuff instead.

Fellow Vengeance tanks, any opinion on Fel Devastation vs Spirit Bomb? They both act as an AoE damage + heal, but I'm not sure which is stronger.

Spirit Bomb in theory has no CD as long as you have a Soul Fragment available, but Fel Devastation has more synergy with Fiery Brand + Fiery Demise

From what I've read in theory Spirit Bomb can be better in some situations, but in practice Fel Devastation will on average perform better due to ease of use. Spirit Bomb has a higher skill cap, vs. Fel Devastation being a sort of fire and forget massive burst cooldown where you do a fuckload of damage and healing that you basically can't be killed through.

So yeah, I went Fel Devastation.

MuggerMD

Banned
I lvled one from 104 to 110. And now he even gained item level too!

Also, how is any other jewelcrafter actually lvling JC? I maybe get an actual gem after prospecting 100+ ores.

It sucks.

JC here too. It's going to be a long road to 800. I'm not even prospecting right now cause I don't want to face the disappointment. Got a couple big piles of ore in my bags. Might check out ah prices on them to sell.

Loxley

Just finished up Stormheim, it was great! It may be in the running for my favorite zone in WoW.

Quest spoilers:

sBpvrNq.jpg

This dude was cool as shit, shame he didn't really have much of a story arc.

MuggerMD

Banned
Get honored with the isles reps and get the shoulder enchants for mats....farondis in aszuna gives gems and such.

Ya I need to get that enchant.

Right after my post I decided to prospect my ore. Over 100 leystone all turned into a pile of gem chips.... My felstone pile gave me gems thankfully.

M.D

From what I've read in theory Spirit Bomb can be better in some situations, but in practice Fel Devastation will on average perform better due to ease of use. Spirit Bomb has a higher skill cap, vs. Fel Devastation being a sort of fire and forget massive burst cooldown where you do a fuckload of damage and healing that you basically can't be killed through.

So yeah, I went Fel Devastation.

Yeah, I'm sticking to Fel Devastation for now unless there's a scenario in which Spirit Bomb is clearly superior.

I just hit 109 and I saw some posts earlier saying you get to 110 after completing 3 zones. Well, I completed all the chapters in 3 zones and did all the bonus objectives except for 2 in 2 separate zones, but they will not get me to 110 because I'm only at 19%

Am I missing something? I wanted to leave Highmountain to whatever other I end up playing as their first zone so not to get too bored

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nice 825 storm relic from world quest, my relics are wank so thats something I really need

FeD.nL

Starting levelling my pally as Holy, damn they nailed it. Extremely fun to play, really feel like a holy crusader dropping my heals everywhere while being in the middle of the fight.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
almost ignored this world quest that gave a trinket I already had but then remembered it could war or titanforge, and I got a 820 one (mine was 810) :)

Xeteh

Awesome idea to have patterns require gems to buy. I need 5 Maelstrom Sapphires to buy the pattern for the Gravenscale helm and they're anywhere from 5-7k each.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kind of crazy that some of the hidden artifact skins just have no information available for where they are online. Makes me wonder if they're locked or something.

Robin64

I need 5 of some gem for the last Demonsteel pattern I need to buy, but nobody seems to be putting them up. They're putting up cut versions of them, but not the raw ones. Ah well.

As for starting the Obliterum questline? Forget about it.

Shahadan

Kind of crazy that some of the hidden artifact skins just have no information available for where they are online. Makes me wonder if they're locked or something.

I don't even undertsand how to start mine even though I know what to do, can't see the items I need to loot. I'm not sure if I have to finish the hall campaign first or something

Magnus

This has to be the happiest I've ever seen the WoW player base. Everyone seems so thrilled with their characters. Every class except Monk seems to have at least 1 or 2 specs that just rock.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Does anyone have a link to share for searching guilds/characters names on the official website? Ever since they changed the look, i can't seem to find it...

Rhaknar

This has to be the happiest I've ever seen the WoW player base. Everyone seems so thrilled with their characters. Every class except Monk seems to have at least 1 or 2 specs that just rock.

Warlocks say hi

Magnus

Guys this PAX Panel...

Legion companion app, big user base (no numbers yet), a really rockin redone Karazhan (holy shit at the new look of the chess event), and continued Suramar campaign and Illidan content in 7.1...

#whew

iirate

I'm pretty sure Blizzard has said that those skins just haven't been figured out yet. For example, I know people have started to piece together the arcane mage unlock(I think certain polymophed mobs have been talking to players?), but they haven't been able to finish it. Blizzard has also teased that some of the undiscovered unlock methods are really cool.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Holy crap there was like a guild attacking Liriks stream team and they made a raid or even two and open world PvP combat was massive clusterfuck.

Best
Expansion
Ever.

Like outland all over again up in Suramar!

Rhaknar

oh it IS a helheim raid

Trial of Valor Raid
Odyn is brought down a little further, deems you worthy, sends you to Helheim.
In Helheim, you fight Guarm, the three headed dog from Helheim during questing.
You then get to fight Helya!
You will play through different parts of Illidan's life and get a continuation of his story in this raid.
Trial of Valor fits between the two raids that have already been announced, some good trinkets drop here.

this bit is interesting and obvious:

"This same idea was applied to Artifacts in Legion, so the traits can be baked into the class in the future if they aren't brought into a new expansion."

like for example, I cant imagine going back to just 1 pet as BM after having 2 pets.

Rhaknar

they added the engineer auctioneer from wrath btw

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man being stuck between 800 and 810 ilvl fucking sucks.

Rhaknar

finally did my felreaver starting quest (used the AH a bit fuck it) and it unlocked a bunch of normal quests I can do now, whew.

Ironically Ive been saying for years Hunters should get a healing spec (in my "all classes should be hybrids grand vision) and lo and behold, a engineering quest where you are shooting people to heal them :( I actually had a world quest to make one of these bandage rifles but couldnt at the time.

Man so much to do, dont remember feeling like this in wow in a long time. I know peeps like Tenebrou are already in the "welp did my 8 mythics nothing else to do this week!" phase, but man, its almost overwhelming for me (in a good way).

Atm I have 4 hunter class order quests to do (one of them is garrison mission tiem gated but the other 3 arent)

engineering and enchanting quests

suramar campaign and some odd random quests I missed. Plus the dungeons and world quests. Today I basically did a few world quests, a few dungeons, a bit of profession quests, little suramar cause I couldnt fit it in.

It almost feels like a "proper" rpg (for now at least), super happy with this.

Top Bottom