• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Robin64

My Order Hall campaign has hit a "Collect 50 stones from follower missions" roadblock, where they take 12 hours each and give about 9 stones.

I have four bits of the set now, though, giving me two bonuses out in the world. Not too bad, and they're a decent ilvl boost initially. (Sitting at 816 average)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My Order Hall campaign has hit a "Collect 50 stones from follower missions" roadblock, where they take 12 hours each and give about 9 stones.

theres a few of those. im in a "4 shards of something" and they are also from 12 hour missions. It is what it is /shrug

Robin64

theres a few of those. im in a "4 shards of something" and they are also from 12 hour missions. It is what it is /shrug

Yeah, I already did a set for the paladin hall, then got to do real questing. Now back to this gate. It's not that I especially mind too much, but I am jonesing for that Ashbringer upgraded look.

Lomax

Kind of crazy that some of the hidden artifact skins just have no information available for where they are online. Makes me wonder if they're locked or something.

Blizzard has gotten a lot better at hiding stuff from the data miners, I remember that Murloc pet wasn't found for weeks after it was put in game. I like it, there should be some things (cosmetic of course) that aren't immediately known straight away on release.

It also wouldn't surprise me if some of them just weren't actually in game at all yet.

Wow we needed this for Garrisons.

Indeed we did. Honestly the biggest problem with garrisons was that they didn't embrace the "it's basically a Facebook game part of WoW" fully. Regular content updates (even trivial ones), mobile and web access, and just a general feeling of more content and progression would have greatly improved the experience and it could have just been WoW Mobile Lite. My guess is they were afraid that would piss off the "hardcore players" and make the game feel too much like a f2p game. It's probably also why they don't expand what the token can buy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Karazhan looks great. Wonder what Trials of Valor is.

small helheim raid with odyn and helya as bosses. and that 3 headed dog from the questline also. Im sure some will shit on it for being reused content (which it is), but its more content and Kara looks completely revamped so ill take it. We were only supposed to have the 2 raids as it is for now so its literally icing on the cake

apparently it will have a lot of illidan flashbacks aswell, lore wise

I'm having issues in Ashenvale lol :( basically i'm getting insta-rekt anytime I try doing quests by mobs, I'm only level 22 and I find myself dying way faster than normal, should I go back to Darkshore and try doing a couple more questlines to be overpowered?

Also what's the best gear you can find in low levels, or does it really matter?

Tacitus_

I wonder if it's even worth it to level my gatherer to cap. I don't even have her geared up, but stuff just dies faster during the lower levels than at cap.

I'm having issues in Ashenvale lol :( basically i'm getting insta-rekt anytime I try doing quests by mobs, I'm only level 22 and I find myself dying way faster than normal, should I go back to Darkshore and try doing a couple more questlines to be overpowered?

Ashenvale is designed for 20-25. If you're not running into mobs that outlevel you badly, you shouldn't be having too much difficulty.

And heirlooms are the best gear for low levels, but those are more for leveling your alts. For your first character, the quest rewards will do just fine.

Tamanon

Banned

You're the proper level. Make sure you're not getting too close to opposite faction settlements a those guards will fuck you up.

There are a few slightly higher mobs that go through there, that offer quests after you kill them, but shouldn't be dying that much.

Rixxan

what should i be doing to gear? I'm kind of stuck at iLvl 801, not much on my world quests map and I've pushed about as far as i can with Suramar, at least for today

i guess just run normal dungeons?

Rhaknar

what should i be doing to gear? I'm kind of stuck at iLvl 801, not much on my world quests map and I've pushed about as far as i can with Suramar, at least for today

i guess just run normal dungeons?

Upgrade your class order hall set pieces up to 830? You should have head and bracers by now, and for the pants you just need to fo all 8 final bosses of dungeons, and younprobably already did like half of them.

Took me a couple of days, but people in normal dungeons are usually nice enough to trade items they dont need so that helps (well in any dungeon, heroics also)

Also you havent done all you can in suramar because suramar isnt gated, you just havent found any more quests.

Strimei

I feel so spoiled having a portal nexus in the mage hall. Like, having teleports and all were enough as is, but now I can pretty much zip between ends of hte isles in an instant.

Rhaknar

Unpopular opiniom time, but Mythics should be on the LFG queue now that Mythic+ exists

Rixxan

Upgrade your class order hall set pieces up to 830? You should have head and bracers by now, and for the pants you just need to fo all 8 final bosses of dungeons, and younprobably already did like half of them.

Took me a couple of days, but people in normal dungeons are usually nice enough to trade items they dont need so that helps (well in any dungeon, heroics also)

Also you havent done all you can in suramar because suramar isnt gated, you just havent found any more quests.

quest that tells me i need to be honored with them but i'm outta world quests, dunno

:eek:

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so the stormheim story resolution

is it implied that sylvanas loses all of her valkyr or what? i'm confused

M.D

So umm.. I got to Suramar (still haven't unlocked world quests since I need to get friendly with the Highmountain faction) and I'm starting to get artifact power rewards in every quest.. I already started saving them for my other artifact weapon (Havoc), but seeing as I'm not even close to completing mine I'm gonna use them.

How am I supposed to get artifact power after completing all these quests for my other artifact weapon?

Rhaknar

quest that tells me i need to be honored with them but i'm outta world quests, dunno

:eek:

You have to explore suraman, you find new quests that start new chains. I have one quests that needs honored like you say, and at the moment 3 other chains active

How am I supposed to get artifact power after completing all these quests for my other artifact weapon?

World quests, dungeons etc. I have so many unused items from heroic dungeons in my bags its ridiculous

Also you wont complete suramar any time soon

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The Armory iOS/Android app's AH feature has automatic undercut settings, selling stuff with it is much faster than through any mod I used in the past. Only downside is that you have to be logged out to use it.

I'm using it now and it's incredible, everything is instant, in the time takes me to make one auction in game I can do 10+ with the app.

Rhaknar

Also it seems a lot of people are forgetting / dont know about artifact knowledge, the multiplier that we will have soon and will have more each week. Thats how you will get the most art power in the near future.

Tarazet

I worked like crazy during the week, I had planned vacation from Friday though the end of next week. I've managed to ding 110 and get enough gear from world quests to be eligible for Heroic dungeons. I even got an 840 Mythic DPS trinket from one of those quests, which was amazing.

Rhaknar

SO has anyone came across any profession world quests? I dont think i have had any yet.

Yup. Had to craft a bandage rifle which I couldnt at the time, and also had some for enchanting which I quickly did

Pet battle ones too but I havent tried them.

Also I saw one epic item in every heroic I did today. I didnt get any of course (lol) but they cant be that rare I guess.

Godan

Yup. Had to craft a bandage rifle which I couldnt at the time, and also had some for enchanting which I quickly did

Pet battle ones too but I havent tried them.

Cool did all the quests for both professions so need to start doing them i think to get rank 3 stuff.

Strimei

so the stormheim story resolution

is it implied that sylvanas loses all of her valkyr or what? i'm confused

Sylvanas always had a limited supply. There were only ever 9 superior Val'kyr, the sort she needs to stave off death. She's down to like...three at most now. She wants an unending supply.

Greymane denied her that.

M.D

You have to explore suraman, you find new quests that start new chains. I have one quests that needs honored like you say, and at the moment 3 other chains active

World quests, dungeons etc. I have so many unused items from heroic dungeons in my bags its ridiculous

Also you wont complete suramar any time soon

I'm discovering and Suramar and returned to my class hall as well.. HOLY FUCK! I know its ridiculous to complain about "there's too much stuff to do" but seriously, the quests won't end and I'm still yet to do world quests or profession quests, heroics or mythics.. I think I may reconsider leveling up all my alts for now and settle on one... at some point

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I thought maybe after nabbing two gold traits on the Arms artifact tree I would be able to justify putting some resources towards Fury...but it just feels so pointless. The Focused Rage build is absolutely nutty for single target/cleave damage. I'm going to be bummed out when they nerf it and just leave DPS Warriors in the gutter. Honestly I'm kind of shocked I don't see more Arms Warriors around...but I guess with Demon Hunter being so powerful and versatile it really sweeps up a lot of melee players.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Unpopular opiniom time, but Mythics should be on the LFG queue now that Mythic+ exists

Kinda already is, since you can make groups and shit.

Mythics ruined my Dreadleather transmog
BG3Ngm8.png

Demon Hunters. They're like rats... everywhere and you're never more than 10 feet away from one. And more than few I've seen the insist on doing the double jump 'n' glide constantly, even when traveling across a flat surface. Weird.

Anyway, 110 now. Wish the class hall stuff wasn't gated so much as I've been enjoying it so far. The missus is levelling a Frosties DK and has been enjoying the Four Horsemen stuff. She's waiting for the 4th one to come available and no, I haven't spoiled it for her.

Rhaknar

Oh lol I just noticed that the big spiral portal with the broken floor into the abyss in the Kara video ism..the chess event. Thats the chess floor and you see the pieces lying on the floor.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Surprised FSK survived hte prune. Seemed like the kind of thing blizzard would have merged into roll. Maybe made Chi Torpedo baseline for WW/MW and give WW 3 charges.

Strimei

I posted this in the Legion thread, but I'll repost it here:

Someone at a wow forum I belong to noticed something about the Karazhan preview video.

Several of the players in it are wielding artifacts with the skins that aren't available yet. For example, there's a warrior tank you see at a few points, he has an axe artifact.

It may be that the ones in the files that aren't used (i.e. the Kirin Tor styled Aluneth, etc) may be from Karazhan in some way.

If so, I know what I'm gonna be doing. I need Kirin Tor-Aluneth.

TheYanger

The Champion system is so garrison 2.0. lol

At least you can see other members of your class, so that is kinda cool.

I mean, that part of garrisons was cool, it would be a poor lesson to learn that they should just scrap the entire system when most people enjoyed huge aspects of it.

Rhaknar

Sooooooo... surely at the end of engineering quest line you learn to craft a permanent Reaves right? Not this consumable bullshit?

Please? :(

Edit: 4 of my 5 heroics today had DH tanks. I havent seen a single dps DH.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Demon Hunters. They're like rats... everywhere and you're never more than 10 feet away from one. And more than few I've seen the insist on doing the double jump 'n' glide constantly, even when traveling across a flat surface. Weird.

I haven't tested it but at the start of the glide you lurch forward a bit so it might be just a bit faster than walking.

Anyway gliding is cool, suck it haters!

Top Bottom