• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

xealo

The Champion system is so garrison 2.0. lol

At least you can see other members of your class, so that is kinda cool.

The WoD implementation was just flawed, but the base idea is fine imo.

As long as you have a reason to actually go out in the world and do stuff, I don't mind this. You didn't in WoD, and that was the root of the problem.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can DKs roll with Thessarian or is he just one of those "passive or active skill with cooldown" champions?

Laieon

I love what they did with itemization this expansion, at least as far as questing goes. I currently have 2 trinkets that have a chance to summon things to fight for me. As a BM hunter, it's ridiculously fun to have both of those proc at the same time right as you use stampede, have 2 pets, and a bodyguard with you. It's like I have a zoo in my pocket.

Kinda already is, since you can make groups and shit.

Mythics ruined my Dreadleather transmog
BG3Ngm8.png
What pieces are those? That looks pretty bad ass.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sorry for double posting. Should I make a beeline to mobile tranquility?

Dude unless we are also druids we have no idea what each of those talents are or what a beeline looks like in that picture. Which one is mobile tranq?

Renekton

Dude unless we are also druids we have no idea what each of those talents are or what a beeline looks like in that picture. Which one is mobile tranq?
Ya was hoping there is one rdruid gaffer here.

Screw it then, gonna ignore icy-veins and head to WG procs.

Usually you want to make a beeline to the big golden talents.

The Tranquility one he's talking about is--I believe--the Gold Talent in the bottom right (that is the Tranq icon after all). I just checked Icy Veins and they had 2 "optimal" paths--going for Tranquil Mind asap and one that targeted addressing Mana Issues asap. Tranquility is really damn strong, and 20% more healing from it is pretty silly.

Renekton

There are right and wrong gold talents to beeline though. People can honestly mess up their artifact tree really badly.
Also respec is expensive... artifact cost of next level.

The 2nd beeline determines how gimped I will be for a long time.

erawsd

There are right and wrong gold talents to beeline though. People can honestly mess up their artifact tree really badly.

Yeah, some of them are pretty bad. Like for Enhancement Doom Vortex is horrible, the recommended path has it being the last thing you put points into. Too bad, since it looks pretty cool.

XenodudeX

What is this little explosion monks do when they land a high distance drop?

Each artifact has like a little secret ability/flavor to it. Class fantasy and all that.

For Fist of the Heavens, if you drop down from a high distance, you make like a small electric shock-wave at the point where you land that can cause knock-back.

Rhaknar

Well sure but shouldnt know you which one is the best to go for, for your class? Im not trying to be an asshole here :(

To be fair, the BM one was very clear

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
845 trinket with a socket from world quest

godisreal.gif

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
world quests are usually gold or order resources for me. i hardly see artifact power or gear.

i finally almost have my first golden talent after 15 ranks. then i should have my 2nd by 20th rank. it sucks that it takes this long for marksmanship hunters to get their first golden talent

and the first one kind of sucks since its only activated at <20%

So Valashar gave me a awkward experience with Tyrande and Maiev brother ride sections.

Tyrande makes you ride with her on her mount, she puts you behind her , ok no problem here but with Maiev brother he puts you in front of him and the mount starts bumping a lot, woot. why the sudden change of positions

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Are Hunters happy with their class? I'm considering blowing my token on a Marksmanship Hunter.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Are Hunters happy with their class? I'm considering blowing my token on a Marksmanship Hunter.

i personally like it, the only drag right now is that you have to grind a ton of artifact power to get to your first golden talent.

marks is aoe all of the time, can be kind of annoying if you want to shoot only one thing. they gave a ton of buttons to survival.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
How long does it take to get honored with the nightfallen? I can't find any more quests..

You may have to look back at places you've already been, there are rep requirements (i.e. have to be at 1700 friendly) for some.

Other than that, unlock them as a faction for world quest dailies, start training your withered army, and keep your grind on.

Zelias

Banned
Got my first epic yesterday. 840 artifact relic I can only use as Unholy.

I'm main spec Frost.

Think Blizzard is trying to tell me something.

Rizzi

You may have to look back at places you've already been, there are rep requirements (i.e. have to be at 1700 friendly) for some.

Other than that, unlock them as a faction for world quest dailies, start training your withered army, and keep your grind on.

:|
Fucking rep grinds.

Rixxan

can someone explain how you access a mythic dungeon? i hit ilvl 810 and completed a few heroics and now i'm around 820, i thought you got a mythic key or something when you finished a dungeon on heroic? i dont see anything of the sort

Rizzi

The only loot I have gotten from running five heroics has been useless blood of sargeras and multiple trinkets with mastery on them. Ugh.

Zelias

Banned
can someone explain how you access a mythic dungeon? i hit ilvl 810 and completed a few heroics and now i'm around 820, i thought you got a mythic key or something when you finished a dungeon on heroic? i dont see anything of the sort
Make a group, set dungeon difficulty to mythic, go to the entrance, enter dungeon. There's no dungeon finder for mythic.

The keystones are for Mythic+, a system that scales Mythic dungeons to be harder and have better rewards and they drop at the end of Mythic/Mythic+ dungeons. But they're not out yet and won't be until raids release.

Rixxan

Make a group, set dungeon difficulty to mythic, go to the entrance, enter dungeon. There's no dungeon finder for mythic.

The keystones are for Mythic+, a system that scales Mythic dungeons to be harder and have better rewards and they drop at the end of Mythic/Mythic+ dungeons. But they're not out yet and won't be until raids release.

appreciate the clarification

i recall hearing something that you'd get a chest weekly that yielded an item with higher ilvl than any dungeon you ran that week, assuming you ran a mythic+

do we know if that chest will still pop if we run standard mythic this week?

PSA: if you're a healer, upgrade your DPS artifact before reaching 110.

Mob strength ramps up a lot when you ding max U____U

Yeah....I had that question if you choose the healer path and ignoring the DPS artifact you gonna suffer a lot, Tank pallys can pass throught it but Monks, I think not

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My journey to 110 is over. I played this game ALL day. Haha. My travels took me to...

The wild and earthy lands of Highmountain!

The dazzling caverns of the Maw of Neltharion!

The Teldrassil 2.0 of Val'Sharah!

The forest outside the ancient Night Elven city of Suramar, with its subdued reds and purples giving off a feeling of a perpetual cool Autumn night!

I love this expansion's visuals.

The restoration shaman artifact quest is so broken since most of his/her ofensive spells are crap and later the IA can stand the damage they get.

Kudos for thrall for being absent of your promotion, damm guy

Rhaknar

I think I play the game too much, because right now, I'm feeling kinda done.

Well, apart from dungeon spamming <3

dude you were spewing hate towards surumar like 3 days ago. its hard to take you seriously when 90% of the thread loves the zone for example.

that came out wrong with the whole take you seriously, you just obviously want other things from the game. The whole "hardcore raider I only raid with my amazing gear and dont want to do anything else" thing.

that also came out wrong... but I cant decribe your type any other way.

your type also came out wrong lol. Ill shut up now :/

Rizzi

The harvester enchant seems like it's going to make me some decent gold. Getting bags full of herbs that sell for a lot of money is cool.

Tenebrous

dude you were spewing hate towards surumar like 3 days ago. its hard to take you seriously when 90% of the thread loves the zone for example.

that came out wrong with the whole take you seriously, you just obviously want other things from the game. The whole "hardcore raider I only raid with my amazing gear and dont want to do anything else" thing.

that also came out wrong... but I cant decribe your type any other way.

your type also came out wrong lol. Ill shut up now :/

Haha, it's all good. It's a very divisive topic in my guild & friendship circle, honestly.

Suramar is fine, it's just that it's not the kind of content I'd be doing if there weren't mythic dungeons locked behind it. I'm 7/11 there now, and I have followed the dialog & whatnot, but I just don't see it... Like, if the zones were every two levels, and Suramar was the 108-110 zone, would it really be seen as fondly? All this "Oh my god, end game questing zone!" I've seen makes no sense when the number of quests in Legion surely isn't far removed from previous expansions anyway.

Although the questing experience is getting steadily better with each expansion that goes past, I'm yet to be blown away with any of the jumps that have been hyped up over the years.

Oh well, it's archaeology time. Does anyone have the mount yet?

The harvester enchant seems like it's going to make me some decent gold. Getting bags full of herbs that sell for a lot of money is cool.

I might try it out. The cloth one from enchanting is a tad shite... Only trouble is, I don't really loot.

Azzurri

Does anyone know where to get the quests that leads you to Felbane Camp in High Mountain? I did all the story and everything, but I never got a quest that took em to that location. I have the achievement for the zone, and have 2 zones left at 105.5, and have done every bonus and quest I've found.

Rhaknar

850 epic belt (840 warforged to 850) from world quest sup?

also 840 relic in the same run #welfareepix

Top Bottom