• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Posted earlier (like waaaaaaay earlier) but never got a response. I'm still trying to find out if this is a packaged UI mod, as I'd like to try it. Or something similar, at least. If anyone has any insight, that'd be awesome.

E20cLvr.jpg

Entropia

No One Remembers
Malick[AI];215870601 said:
Leveling Shaman as Enhance vs the first 2 levels of suffering through Ele is such a relief. Elemental is garbage for leveling this exp.

Yup, it was fuckin brutal

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to use my boost on a troll girl Shaman, loved my Dwarf but back on Horde now. Liking the new class trial system too. Not going to play it yet but I want it to start building rested, same with my Demon Hunter who's hot as fuck I'm not ashamed to say :D

Neverfade

Are there any fast catchups for cooking, fishing, and archaeology?

I know the panda cooking stuff at halfhill will get me a good portion of that way pretty fast, but I have no clue on the other two professions.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can someone give me the rundown on Mythic/+? I'm still unsure of how it works. Here's what I think is happening.

Mythic is harder than Heroic (more stats).
Each dungeon on Mythic is on a Weekly lockout.
Mythic gives 840 gear.
Mythic+ is when you do a timed run
You need to complete a Mythic first to get a keystone
Keystones can be activated on subsequent runs to add further restrictions
Keystones level up for successful runs (failed runs lower the level)
At the end of the week your Keystone gives loot depending on its level?

Questions...

1) Only one keystone per character?
2) Does using a high level keystone give you better loot?
3) Whats the approximate ilvl where I can comfortably start doing Mythics as a tank?

Decided to use my boost on a troll girl Shaman, loved my Dwarf but back on Horde now. Liking the new class trial system too. Not going to play it yet but I want it to start building rested, same with my Demon Hunter who's hot as fuck I'm not ashamed to say :D

Female troll shamans as resto is da best. They look a little awkward when fighting in melee tho.

Repo Man

Man feels good to be out of that sub-ilvl810 hell now. Almost gave up on my Rogue which I'm currently maining due to mediocre groups and those damn 45min+ dungeon queues. Game has become a lot more enjoyable now.

erawsd

Can someone give me the rundown on Mythic/+? I'm still unsure of how it works. Here's what I think is happening.

Mythic is harder than Heroic (more stats).
Each dungeon on Mythic is on a Weekly lockout.
Mythic gives 840 gear.
Mythic+ is when you do a timed run
You need to complete a Mythic first to get a keystone
Keystones can be activated on subsequent runs to add further restrictions
Keystones level up for successful runs (failed runs lower the level)
At the end of the week your Keystone gives loot depending on its level?

Questions...

1) Only one keystone per character?
2) Does using a high level keystone give you better loot?
3) Whats the approximate ilvl where I can comfortably start doing Mythics as a tank?

Mythic+ isnt just a timed run, its a timed run plus stronger enemies plus random affixes. Basically:

- Run a regular Mythic, keystone drops from the final boss.
- Use keystone to start a mythic+1 run, if successful its upgraded +1-3 lvls based on how quickly you completed the run.
- No loot drops from bosses but you do get a chest (gear+ shitton of AP) at the end of a completed run whether you make the timer or not.
- Loot in the chest gets progressively better as you reach higher keystone levels. They will cap at +10, but you can still keep going for realm leaderboards.
- If you fail then your keystone is depleted for the week. However, you can still reap rewards from other people's keystones.

After the weekly reset you get a Class Hall chest which contains a new keystone (-2 from your highest level) along with a piece of 860-880 gear based on the highest level you reached. Legendaries also have a high chance of being in the chest. Keep in mind though that only regular mythics are currently available. mythic+ wont start until the raid opens in 2 weeks.

I posted this in the Legion thread, but I'll repost it here:

If so, I know what I'm gonna be doing. I need Kirin Tor-Aluneth.

That's cool, I'd kill for fist weapons on my shaman as an artifact.

Ya'll crazy with your mythics, I hit 110 2 days ago and I'm strugglin to get the 810 needed for heroics., doing world quests when they have stuff I need, got the three class order pieces, and up to the point of suramar where I need honored.

Enhancement is crazy fun. Don't want to think about an alt right now, expansion is very alt unfriendly. Balance druid, uh/blood dk, arms/fury warrior and shadow priest are all looking good to me though.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Mythic's are quite fun when the whole group is 830+.

Decent challenge on trash but bosses is all mechanics for the most part. Very few of them actually require 100% uptime on mitigation but a few of the bosses seem to do due to pure burst.

Also if you don't interrupt anything, especially bosses, ya done fucked up.

Love DH tanking. All about that self heal.

Haly

Vengeance is just a bit busted right now. Best world traversal pre-flying with double jump and glide. High AoE damage. Massive amounts of sustain.

I'm soloing elite world quests right now and I put up a group in the middle of one just to get some extra DPS since it was taking too long.

I want to roll an alt but I feel like every other non-tanking class is just going to pale in comparison to Vengeance.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
healed resto shaman on eye of azshara yesterday... I first healed on Halls of Valor thursday night.. and we wiped on the second pull (doh!!!) but after I got the hang of things, no more wipes.

So I random queue for eye of azshara.. get in a group.. everything is going fine (Aside from the dungeon SUCKING!!!!) and the DK dps is bitching because recount is showing his self healing is right behind my group healing... so he keeps trying to kick me. we make it through three bosses, the tank even whispers me "I don't know why he is trying to kick you so bad. we're doing fine." in retrospect I realize I never /r to the tank.. I should have.. he was really cool about it. finally right before the 4th boss I get kicked..

so I queue again, tell everyone I'm new.. we do fine (again, the dungeon SUUUUCCCKKKKs. friggin winds...), clear the dungeon. wipe once because the tank pulled like 4 packs.. he apologized. said he probably took on too much given I am new. we clear.

so I am still super gun shy about healing. thinking back to that second group.. I mean looking up on shaman... dungeon healing does NOT seem to be our strong suit.. at all. we can heal normals.. heroics.. mythics start becoming a true test of the players ability taking into account the shortcomings of the class. but still, the strongest self healing in the game (DK) up against the hardest spread out healing of the game (shaman)... it's fucking bull shit. hey DPS, you know why you have 1 hour queues? Because you treat your tanks and healers like shit and no one wants to fucking heal you. oh and hey kick your healer, because guess what.. you're not going to get a new healer any time soon, and if you drop after that you're in another hour long queue..

this game is so fucking frustrating. I am going to just keep healing and grow a tougher skin. still, I've only had one wipe where I was just getting my legs under me.. and one wipe where our group just wasn't geared enough for anything that aggressive. No wipes beyond that.

and eye of ashzara??? this will be the third time I've been in that place. first time when I was kicked. second time for my class hall quest, and NOW I need to do it again for the zone/pillar. fuck.

rant over. :(

edit - I suppose the upside is that if piece of shit DPSers do kick me, it's a 10 second queue to get in again.

Lanrutcon

So, after now having done every zone multiple times (scept Suramar), here's my take:

- Highmountain was best. Good verticality, but not tons of pathing bullshit like Stormheim. Awesome to see some badass Taurens for once. Plus, awesome zone rewards and lovely vistas.
- Azshuna at #2 I like pirates.
- Stormheim at #3. Cool subzones, very pretty, but doing this zone without a flying mount? Yeah, way to make me hate your content.
- Val'Sharah at #2,009,295. Shittiest zone since vanilla. Let's go save Nightelves in a corrupted forest. Now, let's go save Nightelves in another corrupted forest. Oh, and now we'll go save Nightelves in a some more corrupted forest. They half-assed this zone so bad. As a Horde player, I could not give a shit about any of the events here. The story made me laugh...all those powerful npcs getting popped left and right. Metzen? Metzen.

Xeteh

healed resto shaman on eye of azshara yesterday... I first healed on Halls of Valor thursday night.. and we wiped on the second pull (doh!!!) but after I got the hang of things, no more wipes.

So I random queue for eye of azshara.. get in a group.. everything is going fine (Aside from the dungeon SUCKING!!!!) and the DK dps is bitching because recount is showing his self healing is right behind my group healing... so he keeps trying to kick me. we make it through three bosses, the tank even whispers me "I don't know why he is trying to kick you so bad. we're doing fine." in retrospect I realize I never /r to the tank.. I should have.. he was really cool about it. finally right before the 4th boss I get kicked..

so I queue again, tell everyone I'm new.. we do fine (again, the dungeon SUUUUCCCKKKKs. friggin winds...), clear the dungeon. wipe once because the tank pulled like 4 packs.. he apologized. said he probably took on too much given I am new. we clear.

so I am still super gun shy about healing. thinking back to that second group.. I mean looking up on shaman... dungeon healing does NOT seem to be our strong suit.. at all. we can heal normals.. heroics.. mythics start becoming a true test of the players ability taking into account the shortcomings of the class. but still, the strongest self healing in the game (DK) up against the hardest spread out healing of the game (shaman)... it's fucking bull shit. hey DPS, you know why you have 1 hour queues? Because you treat your tanks and healers like shit and no one wants to fucking heal you. oh and hey kick your healer, because guess what.. you're not going to get a new healer any time soon, and if you drop after that you're in another hour long queue..

this game is so fucking frustrating. I am going to just keep healing and grow a tougher skin. still, I've only had one wipe where I was just getting my legs under me.. and one wipe where our group just wasn't geared enough for anything that aggressive. No wipes beyond that.

and eye of ashzara??? this will be the third time I've been in that place. first time when I was kicked. second time for my class hall quest, and NOW I need to do it again for the zone/pillar. fuck.

edit - I suppose the upside is that if piece of shit DPSers do kick me, it's a 10 second queue to get in again.

I usually like healing quite a bit but I haven't been much of a fan of healing on my Shaman this time around. If the group is all spread out then healing is a chore and not having a large heal to catch up if a tank takes some big damage is frustrating. Not sure where other classes are but playing with randoms and expecting them to stick close together so I can heal isn't really doing it for me.

Trying to work out who my main alt should be. Can't decide whether or not to prioritise my characters who have max level crafting professions.

I hate healing 5 mans when I'm new to the content, and when I'm DPS I only kick afk'ers or people who are being massive tools. Everyone's gotta learn sometime.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Not sure how restos work but last night we had to kick a 825 resto shammy since i had ~15% more healing than him which was unsustainable at some packs of mobs.

Overall the best seems to be Monk IMO, they've done great in my Mythics. Their constant small heals really support my own HoTs

CHC

Not sure whether to do rogue or DK after I'm done with my warrior. The specific class stuff makes this expansion such a good value proposition for alt / casual players.

What's the best way to get better gear after hitting 110? Currently 781. I've been doing suramar stuff but it basically just gives artifact power...running regular dungeons?

Haly

What's the best way to get better gear after hitting 110? Currently 781. I've been doing suramar stuff but it basically just gives artifact power...running regular dungeons?

You can pick up some pieces from your class hall quartermaster. The gloves are locked behind an achievement thats very easy to accomplish.

Go through all your world quests. A few of them will give you 800+ gear and the rewards get better the higher your ilvl is.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
After making a DH, how long does it take to get somewhere that I can earn rested? I just boosted my Shaman and got her to Org and I want to do similar with my DH, 2 levels of rested would be lovely.

Haly

After making a DH, how long does it take to get somewhere that I can earn rested? I just boosted my Shaman and got her to Org and I want to do similar with my DH, 2 levels of rested would be lovely.
I can't give you an exact time frame but it takes about the same as other characters. Instead of going to the Broken Isles conflict, you go through the "prequel" before you wind up in front of Org listening to Sylvanas blah blah.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I can't give you an exact time frame but it takes about the same as other characters. Instead of going to the Broken Isles conflict, you go through the "prequel" before you wind up in front of Org listening to Sylvanas blah blah.

Ah OK, so not a full 2 levels then? I'll do that then.

Posted earlier (like waaaaaaay earlier) but never got a response. I'm still trying to find out if this is a packaged UI mod, as I'd like to try it. Or something similar, at least. If anyone has any insight, that'd be awesome.

Don't think it's packaged. It's possible, but I can identify several more distinct addons. Not sure what they're using for unit frames though.

Robin64

Been running some Heroic WoD dungeons for quests, achievements, etc, and noticed all the enemies have a debuff now called Demoralized. 20% less damage, 25% less health.

Milly79

I'm assuming the GW2 UI addon lends itself to certain classes/specs, so I'm curious how it would fare with an Arms/Fury warrior?

MuggerMD

Banned
Anyone know if the rare class hall missions come back if you don't do them? I've got one right now and best I can get to is 50% success. I don't really want to gamble the resources and time, but I also don't want to miss out on the rare reward if it's my only shot.

lazygecko

Solo farming trash in heroic Everbloom for raw vendor gold is really fast and trivial at 110. The gold earning rate when doing it with a highly geared character at 100 was around 2000 gold per hour, so it should probably be notably higher at 110. You can clear the trash in less than 10 minutes per run.

I should probably get a few farming sessions in before Blizzard inevitably figures it out and nerfs the hell out of it.

Top Bottom