• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Magnus

everything is thousands of gold. And its actually not even that weird. WoD broke economy as we know, but even without the wod garrison gold bullshit, we are living in a world where world quests give 900g. The chests at the end of your emissary world quest daily give 900g. You get alot of gold if you want to (im ignoring all the gold world quests tbh for now)

edit: man this system where world quest gear rewards are better the better your ilvl is totally works fam :D

Wut. I'm not seeing 900g rewards anywhere. 150 or something, tops. I don't see any hold rewards from emissary rewards either. What gives?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wut. I'm not seeing 900g rewards anywhere. 150 or something, tops. I don't see any hold rewards from emissary rewards either. What gives?

Emissary quests are the "Do 4 world quests for the Highmountain Tribe" stuff. So you do 4 of their WQs, go to their emissary and you get a cache that has a lot of gold in it.

Not sure how restos work but last night we had to kick a 825 resto shammy since i had ~15% more healing than him which was unsustainable at some packs of mobs.

Overall the best seems to be Monk IMO, they've done great in my Mythics. Their constant small heals really support my own HoTs

My monk main was supposed to be all about the windwalker, but I did a dungeon as I was leveling as mistweaver and loved it! I've been healing heroics now and man, it's such a weird/fun playstyle. I've found I do really well with DH/DK tanks. Only issue is if the entire group is taking massive damage I have a hard time keeping up with it without blowing all my mana on essence font. I haven't tried mythics yet, though - just got to 825 ilvl so I may do some tomorrow.

That said there are totally some pulls where if the tank is taking most of the damage, the tank outheals me. Self-healing this expansion is crazy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Ive seen it twice, its rare yeah. But the emissary boxes have always given me 600-900g and if you add up all the gold from the available world quests at any given time, you will probably be able to get upwards of 1k easily.

Im not defending a 10k glyph but at the same time like someone already said the cost to make things has also gone up, and a glyph for example is a one time investment.

Also you make a ton of gold everywhete. Im always hovering between 50 and 55k and thats with spending a bit on the AH and not selling anything, just from quests and whatnot. I just bought some felslate earlier for like 2k gold, and got that 2k back a few hours later without even noticing it just from quests and vendor trash and shit. Some vendor trash is worth like 70g, 120g etc.

Edit: and im an enchanter so im not even selling greens and blues because I diss everything. And I didn't play wod so I dont have gold from that either. Ive found it very easy to get gold so far. If you use the AH for example even more. My friend is selling all his ore and enchanting dust instead of using it himself and he's making mad bank.

Ive seen it twice, its rare yeah. But the emissary boxes have always given me 600-900g and if you add up all the gold from the available world quests at any given time, you will probably be able to get upwards of 1k easily.

I've gotten the big gold prize for all 3 Emissary Quests I did >.<

They have a chance to drop a few things including legendary gear but that's exceedingly rare.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I kinda started leveling my Rogue, but there's so much to do on my Monk I barely log on alts at all

I think I'm not gonna have many 110s this expac

Yup. Im not even thinking about lvling an alt right now. Feels...strange.

antonz

Kind of miss the garrison for professions now lol. I know they said it was a return to a simpler time without gated materials etc. but they have gone so ridiculous now. Every Tailor item is linked with some other profession. Bracers need skinners help, helm needs herbalism and jewelcrafters, robe needs mining and herbalism etc. etc.

I mean I understand the need to interact with other professions but Jesus you either need like 3 alts or pay Exorbitant prices for mats. I mean Christ its easier to get gear from dungeons then to craft this shit

Kind of miss the garrison for professions now lol. I know they said it was a return to a simpler time without gated materials etc. but they have gone so ridiculous now. Every Tailor item is linked with some other profession. Bracers need skinners help, helm needs herbalism and jewelcrafters, robe needs mining and herbalism etc. etc.

I mean I understand the need to interact with other professions but Jesus you either need like 3 alts or pay Exorbitant prices for mats. I mean Christ its easier to get gear from dungeons then to craft this shit

Yea, It may be because I haven't been focusing on LWing, but it is taking absurdly long to unlock the higher iLvl craftable gear for me. I've been stuck at ~830 LWing for like the past 3 days as well. Nothing I can make gives any LWing points, and I'm more than halfway through the LWing quests.

Tecnniqe

Banned
My monk main was supposed to be all about the windwalker, but I did a dungeon as I was leveling as mistweaver and loved it! I've been healing heroics now and man, it's such a weird/fun playstyle. I've found I do really well with DH/DK tanks. Only issue is if the entire group is taking massive damage I have a hard time keeping up with it without blowing all my mana on essence font. I haven't tried mythics yet, though - just got to 825 ilvl so I may do some tomorrow.

That said there are totally some pulls where if the tank is taking most of the damage, the tank outheals me. Self-healing this expansion is crazy.
Well DH is all about mitigation and self heal but sometimes you may out heal the healer but it's not all that often. I mean we switched healer and he was above me with about the same percentage I was above the other healer.

It's night and day and I need 2 more artifact levels for even more if not constant self heal.

ampere

Yup. Im not even thinking about lvling an alt right now. Feels...strange.

The reason I usually level alts? To help me with professions. But with all the profession quests I'm thinking helllll no am I doing those chains on alts, so I'll just ask a guildy or something. Blizz making me be social for professions haha. Like it should be really.

My only gripe with professions right now is that everyone should be able to have a gathering profession. At least 1 to complement the crafting ones

Sarek

Didn't realize that the artifact quests aren't unique. Affliction lock and unholy dk quests are 95% the same. There is one very minor variation, but you rescue the exact same person from the same spot, etc.

Epix

Is it normal to have some input lag when you press a spell button? Seems like sometimes the spell goes off instantly, sometimes it delays by like a few 100 ms...

Rhaknar

The reason I usually level alts? To help me with professions. But with all the profession quests I'm thinking helllll no am I doing those chains on alts, so I'll just ask a guildy or something. Blizz making me be social for professions haha. Like it should be really.

My only gripe with professions right now is that everyone should be able to have a gathering profession. At least 1 to complement the crafting ones

Granted I dont have much free time, these graveyard shifts put a number on me and by the end of the week im usually wrecked (I played a bit yesterday morning but then crashed basically all day and woke up shortly before having to come to work again), but looking at what I do the last few days, aka a little bit of everything, I cant see myself lvling an alt right now.

When I finish my class order hall campaign for example, and/or my professions, thats 2 less things im doing regulary so maybe when I only have world quests and suraman "left" and uve outgrown heroics, maybe then ill think about lvling an alt :)

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Finally made 110 today. Cannot wait to start Suramar. I'm even excited for World Quests but need to get friendly still with Suramar and Azsuna. There already feels like there's so much to do.

antonz

Yeah that is basically my problem. I have 4 other 100s with the various professions but I need to not only level them to 110 then I need to do a ton of profession quests just to get them useful. Then to make it actually worthwhile I need to 3 star the various stuff

There is too much interdependence now. Tailor used to need to rely on Enchanters to some degree and that was fine. No problem if you need to interact with another profession to make advanced stuff.

The problem is I need to interact with every profession at this point just to craft a set of gear.

I'm Alliance on Hydraxis, have been for years now, but I haven't found much socializing to do. If I were to pay for a realm change, any suggestions as to which one to move to?

To note: I'm EST time zone.

Rhaknar

If / when I lvl an alt it will probably be my DK. I was warming up to unholy when doing unvasions, and he has mining at least which works for his BS and my Hunter's Engineering.

I kinda started leveling my Rogue, but there's so much to do on my Monk I barely log on alts at all

I think I'm not gonna have many 110s this expac
I just feel like this expansion is going to be a pain in the ass to have alts in. Too much stuff to get done at 110 with Suramar and the Artifact Power grind.

Rhaknar

I just feel like this expansion is going to be a pain in the ass to have alts in. Too much stuff to get done at 110 with Suramar and the Artifact Power grind.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont. Poor blizz lol

antonz

They have catch up mechanisms for artifact power overtime so that wont be so bad. suramar and such will require time

Rhaknar

They have catch up mechanisms for artifact power overtime so that wont be so bad. suramar and such will require time

The artifact knowledge catch up is for your character only tho, not your alts.

Rhaknar

You can get to higher ranks of AK in less research time as time passes, so alts will get to AK 25 in less research time than your main.

Of course. I knew there would be a alt catch up mechanic but I couldnt remember what it was.

So lets imagine a world where AK knowledge takes 1 day to research instead of 5. Yeah thats huge.

Speaking of, my first 2 research will be done later today woot. Cant wait to clear my bags of all those AP items.

Also my class order hall quest that needed 4 items from those 12 hour quests will also be done. Today will be a good day fam.

Someone recruit me so I can do mythics tho. I move from fire I sware ;_;

On one hand I think Legion Mistweaver is probably better in a lot of ways as a healer but holy shit I will never level as one without the old dps stance. Outside of Discipline, Mistweaver used to be one of the few healing specs I would legitimately play in PVE.

Is there a source of Nightfallen rep I'm missing? A few friends are on the cusp (like, 100 rep) of honored, whereas I'm only about halfway there. They're maybe one step ahead of my in the zone quest achievement, and they've done the ley beacons or whatever they're called, but does that really amount to ~3k rep?

antonz

Is there a source of Nightfallen rep I'm missing? A few friends are on the cusp (like, 100 rep) of honored, whereas I'm only about halfway there. They're maybe one step ahead of my in the zone quest achievement, and they've done the ley beacons or whatever they're called, but does that really amount to ~3k rep?

world quests etc. also just make sure to explore everywhere for any missed quests. Missed quests can turn into world quests.

Good example is Nighteyes. When you save him he makes a passing comment of going to go scout out the menagerie. At the menagerie you can get a few more quests and one of them turns into a world quest where You get to rampage in Suramar killing Demons and people with a Tyrannosaurus.

ampere

I say I'm only going to play one character every single expac, but maybe this time I'll actually follow that lol.

Playing a hybrid means I can still do all 3 roles with decent gear sharing, just have to get weapons/trinkets (and potentially neck b/c enchants) for each spec, and Artifact Power but at least the Artifact Knowledge is shared between specs.

Rhaknar

I say I'm only going to play one character every single expac, but maybe this time I'll actually follow that lol.

Playing a hybrid means I can still do all 3 roles with decent gear sharing, just have to get weapons/trinkets (and potentially neck b/c enchants) for each spec, and Artifact Power but at least the Artifact Knowledge is shared between specs.

Its a filthy druid isnt it?

Tenebrous

Lol man the research only affects AP items you get afterwards. The ones in the bags stay the same values.

Half true. The Call to Arm satchels I stocked up all benefited from my AK on everything except the BoA item. Makes running as a solo tank/healer even more lucrative.

Robin64

I don't seem to always be seeing World Quests on the map. I see a lot, but there are times when I've been in area and one's popped up without being on the map.

Case in point, right now, I landed in Thunder Totem to be met with a work order for Leystone Boots, a Blacksmithing World Quest. Just not on the map at all. Checked the drop-down, both primary profession and secondary profession are ticked, but it just isn't showing as an icon.

Rhaknar

I don't seem to always be seeing World Quests on the map. I see a lot, but there are times when I've been in area and one's popped up without being on the map.

Case in point, right now, I landed in Thunder Totem to be met with a work order for Leystone Boots, a Blacksmithing World Quest. Just not on the map at all. Checked the drop-down, both primary profession and secondary profession are ticked, but it just isn't showing as an icon.

Happened to me aswell.

TheYanger

Yeah it's bugg,y which sucks ass.

http://www.wowhead.com/world-quests/na will show some that you can't see, thankfully.

The main problem is that EVERYONE has the same invisible ones, so your friends can't just compare maps or anything.

vocab

Spriest easily the wod launch eleshaman of legion. Fucking awful tedious bullshit doing suramar with. I'm 833 and this shit is miserable. This spec is half finished, and a glorified execute spec.

TheYanger

Spriest easily the wod launch eleshaman of legion. Fucking awful tedious bullshit doing suramar with. I'm 833 and this shit is miserable. This spec is half finished, and a glorified execute spec.

Our Spriest in mumble: "What. Shadow is one of the most self-sustainable specs in the game right now. I never die"

dunno what to say, but I had to ask because I KNOW our Spriests have had no trouble with that stuff.

Finally got to 110 yesterday and started doing world quests. Seems like a cool system, did the required four quests for a couple of factions so far.

Got some profession quests that require doing instances and those DPS queues are real bad. Was in the queue for at least an hour last night without getting in and at that point I had to stop playing. I almost feel like going resto..

vocab

Our Spriest in mumble: "What. Shadow is one of the most self-sustainable specs in the game right now. I never die"

dunno what to say, but I had to ask because I KNOW our Spriests have had no trouble with that stuff.
I never said anything about dying. It's a shit spec thats not well rounded, unfinished even. Solo play feels horrible. It's a mixture of kitting with dots because you have no aoe, and you have terrible interrupts/cc. My monk whos 106 is blowing through everything with TOK, trait, and SEF. It's a god damn joke.

Also god forbid you get ganked cause you anit casting shit. If the spriests in your guild see no problem with the spec in comparison to other people in dungeon aoe 8+ targets (mindshear is ass), and even solo play in the world, then they are delusional people who are no different than the battered wife enhancement shamans.

Id trade STM for a spec that was well rounded, not "only good in raid spec."

Also, dont you play DK? Surely you know what gutted means, but at least DK are functional in all areas of the game its from. Try it for your self, and then youll understand what I'm talking about.

Top Bottom