• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

CHC

Man I am REALLY liking the profession quests. They're nothing that deep or demanding from what I've seen so far, but it's cool to see them bringing back this feeling of story and specialization in professions. Reminds me of some of the way things worked in Classic and Burning Crusade - stuff like the Blacksmithing quests or the Goblin / Gnomish engineering stuff. Just much more organized and accessible.

So, after now having done every zone multiple times (scept Suramar), here's my take:

- Highmountain was best. Good verticality, but not tons of pathing bullshit like Stormheim. Awesome to see some badass Taurens for once. Plus, awesome zone rewards and lovely vistas.
- Azshuna at #2 I like pirates.
- Stormheim at #3. Cool subzones, very pretty, but doing this zone without a flying mount? Yeah, way to make me hate your content.
- Val'Sharah at #2,009,295. Shittiest zone since vanilla. Let's go save Nightelves in a corrupted forest. Now, let's go save Nightelves in another corrupted forest. Oh, and now we'll go save Nightelves in a some more corrupted forest. They half-assed this zone so bad. As a Horde player, I could not give a shit about any of the events here. The story made me laugh...all those powerful npcs getting popped left and right. Metzen? Metzen.

I basically feel the complete opposite. Val'Sharah was my favorite zone and High Mountain was by far and away my least favorite. And went on way too long.

Xeteh

Man I am REALLY liking the profession quests. They're nothing that deep or demanding from what I've seen so far, but it's cool to see them bringing back this feeling of story and specialization in professions. Reminds me of some of the way things worked in Classic and Burning Crusade - stuff like the Blacksmithing quests or the Goblin / Gnomish engineering stuff. Just much more organized and accessible.

I said the same thing until my skinning quest told me I need to go do skin from a raid that isn't out yet. :(

Loxley

I feel like such a unique little snowflake, running around with my Ashbringer transmogged to look like Gorehowl.

wxNoHRp.gif

All my Pally bros in the class order hall running around like chumps with their big-ass NERF swords.

I like the upgraded skins of Ashbringer, but I've always hated it's default appearance :p

antonz

Some of the quests are interesting in just how evil they can make your character. In some ways I know the greater good and all that but damn being sent as a Mage to straight up murder people in Suramar city just so can get a sample of the night well by siphoning it from their bodies. Or as a tailor go murder a ton of people to prove you aren't sympathetic to them lol

antonz

I feel like such a unique little snowflake, running around with my Ashbringer transmogged to look like Gorehowl.

http://i.imgur.com/wxNoHRp.gif

All my Pally bros in the class order hall running around like chumps with their big-ass NERF swords.

I like the upgraded skins of Ashbringer, but I've always hated it's default appearance :p
Been farming in suramar a bunch for the fire mages hidden artifact skin that can drop in the zone. Be nice to get a unique look going

TehPabz

A little off topic but My Friend list on Xbox one shows one of my friends playing WoW. I asked him how he did that and he said he linked his Xbox live account with his Windows 10. I also use the same log in email for my Xbox live account to my windows 10 but I cannot get it to show that I'm playing PC games like his does on my FLs. Does anybody know how to link it correctly? or how he has it working?

RPGCrazied

So I finally decided to get the fel wing glyph, but I don't think its suppose to be costing 9k. All the Demon Hunter glyphs on my server are thousands of gold. WTF? How about no.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I finally decided to get the fel wing glyph, but I don't think its suppose to be costing 9k. All the Demon Hunter glyphs on my server are thousands of gold. WTF? How about no.

everything is thousands of gold. And its actually not even that weird. WoD broke economy as we know, but even without the wod garrison gold bullshit, we are living in a world where world quests give 900g. The chests at the end of your emissary world quest daily give 900g. You get alot of gold if you want to (im ignoring all the gold world quests tbh for now)

edit: man this system where world quest gear rewards are better the better your ilvl is totally works fam :D

RPGCrazied

everything is thousands of gold. And its actually not even that weird. WoD broke economy as we know, but even without the wod garrison gold bullshit, we are living in a world where world quests give 900g. The chests at the end of your emissary world quest daily give 900g. You get alot of gold if you want to (im ignoring all the gold world quests tbh for now)

edit: man this system where world quest gear rewards are better the better your ilvl is totally works fam :D

I guess, still not paying almost 10k gold to change the color of my wings. That's dumb.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any known issues with performance? I keep getting large spikes of frame loss, although I don't think the frame loss is the problem, it's only dropping because the game is micro freezing. I think it may be an addon as I'm using a very old copy of my UI. Are there any known addons causing issues? I use a lot of the popular ones. I really don't want to go through them all but I will if I have to.

Posted earlier (like waaaaaaay earlier) but never got a response. I'm still trying to find out if this is a packaged UI mod, as I'd like to try it. Or something similar, at least. If anyone has any insight, that'd be awesome.
I saw this UI while browsing the MMO-Champion UI thread. I think the person was going to put it up as a download at some point but I don't know if anything happened.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
New world quest with 835+ gloves popped just before coming to work ack. The addiction is real.

Ark

I genuinely don't want to go to work tomorrow simply because I want to no-life WoW again.

Did four mythics today and got to 828 ilvl. Not too bad.

CHC

Man I really have to say again how much I love the class changes and the liberal ability pruning that Blizzard has done. As a returning player with some ~200 days played, I am finding the "pureness" of all the specs so refreshing. I think they feel much more distinct than they ever have in the past and I just love how each one has things they can and (more importantly) CAN'T do. It's definitely easy to bemoan the loss of this or that ability but in the end I think it's so much healthier for the game.

I love having a suite of less than 10 highly useful abilities now rather than 20 or more that are just kind of watered down and forgettable. I also love how there aren't many "shared" abilities between specs now either - each has a unique core few that define the play style and feel of that particular specialty.

Just had to reiterate how much I'm loving the new feel, it's certainly the closest we're going to get to WoW 2 at this stage. Obviously high end balance remains to be seen and tweaked but this feels like a great start.

Loxley

Man I really have to say again how much I love the class changes and the liberal ability pruning that Blizzard has done. As a returning player with some ~200 days played, I am finding the "pureness" of all the specs so refreshing. I think they feel much more distinct than they ever have in the past and I just love how each one has things they can and (more importantly) CAN'T do. It's definitely easy to bemoan the loss of this or that ability but in the end I think it's so much healthier for the game.

I love having a suite of less than 10 highly useful abilities now rather than 20 or more that are just kind of watered down and forgettable. I also love how there aren't many "shared" abilities between specs now either - each has a unique core few that define the play style and feel of that particular specialty.

Just had to reiterate how much I'm loving the new feel, it's certainly the closest we're going to get to WoW 2 at this stage. Obviously high end balance remains to be seen and tweaked but this feels like a great start.

The game basically is WoW2 at this point in everything but name. The type of additions, class overhauls and updated skins/animations we've gotten between Pandaria and Legion are the kinds of drastic improvements you would see in sequels to offline RPGs.

CHC

The game basically is WoW2 at this point in everything but name. The type of additions, class overhauls and updated skins/animations we've gotten between Pandaria and Legion are the kinds of drastic improvements you would see in sequels to offline RPGs.

Yeah I mean say what you will about Blizzard but they put the work in. They can make some boneheaded decisions or get stuck for a while without releasing much of anything, but when they get it right, shit just works and feels goooooood. WoW isn't perfect but there is simply nothing else like it - no other MMO competes right now.

Outlaw rogue is probably one of the coolest redesigns. "Combat" always felt kind of ill-defined and the whole swashbuckling style of Outlaw just is so kitschy and fun - the free pistol shot proc is absolutely amazing when it ticks. Just so deeply satisfying, it's like they borrowed a page from Bloodborne in terms of the gun / melee mix.

Shaman changes all sound amazing too, seems like everyone is now enjoying it which is long overdue. It's been too long that that class languished as a kind of master-of-none. Though I do think they should rename Enhancement spec to something more evocative becasue..... what the fuck does "enhancement" even mean anymore? It's such a generic word.

mileS

How does someone have pvp season 1 gloves already? Some new world boss?

Also queuing for 110 dungeons as dps is horrible as always. 40-50 min que's. Need to find horde tank and heal friends. Thank god for world quests tho. Great way to kill time in between. Also looking forward to leveling my prot warrior to avoid stuff like this.

How does someone have pvp season 1 gloves already? Some new world boss?

Also queuing for 110 dungeons as dps is horrible as always. 40-50 min que's. Need to find horde tank and heal friends. Thank god for world quests tho. Great way to kill time in between. Also looking forward to leveling my prot warrior to avoid stuff like this.

Yea I completely misjudged how many people would play Tanks/Healers. I expected people would level as Tanks for fast queues and stick with it because of Artifacts, but the opposite happened. They leveled as DPS and stuck with it because of Artifacts.

Trickster

The Naraxas boss from Neltharion's Lair is seriously cancer for melee...

Just did it as 3 melee dps in mythic. shit was fucking stupid, green shit being sprayed everywhere while other green shit that slows you get thrown on random people.

Raids will be interesting if they are similar to the dungeons....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's kind of funny that the excuse for always adding melee dps is Blizzard is trying to get more people to play tanks

Adding a shiny new class isn't going to make more people play tanks. It's just going to make the original tank players try the different tank class.'

Now you just have 8 billion melee dps players and no tanks

Rhaknar

Heroic queues dont seem too bad as a hunter, dungeon queues were awful thi. I think its just a case that people just move on to heroics faster, I barely did any dungeons myself

And 90% of my heroics are with DH tanks, so the new shiny class IS playing as tank :p

CHC

It's kind of funny that the excuse for always adding melee dps is Blizzard is trying to get more people to play tanks

Adding a shiny new class isn't going to make more people play tanks. It's just going to make the original tank players try the different tank class.'

Yeah it's a problem, people just don't want to tank because it means leadership and it means all eyes are on you. I don't really know how they can fix that problem but it's about player psychology more than anything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah it's a problem, people just don't want to tank because it means leadership and it means all eyes are on you. I don't really know how they can fix that problem but it's about player psychology more than anything.

Well, it's more than that. Even if you want to tank, you realize how hard it is to find a raiding guild as a tank. You're pretty much confined to LFR and 5 mans unless you get lucky.

The Naraxas boss from Neltharion's Lair is seriously cancer for melee...

Just did it as 3 melee dps in mythic. shit was fucking stupid, green shit being sprayed everywhere while other green shit that slows you get thrown on random people.

Raids will be interesting if they are similar to the dungeons....

Dargrul was funny to tank even on normal. Took me a few mishaps to realize you needed to spin him after he cast Spike because he immediately follows it up with Landslide...which immediately destroys any Spikes in its path.

Trickster

I have spent years as a tank in raids. But I finally lost interest after ToT in MoP. Because with the exception of 2-3 bosses, it was simply not very exiciting to tank anymore. Blizzard just felt/feels creatively bankrupt when it comes to making tank mechanics. You basically just get to "tank adds" and "taunt boss at x stacks".

Blizzard also need to rework how mobs behave when they move. Trying to get a boss to move to a certain position as a tank can be a huge pain in the behind.

Renekton

I think people don't mind having tank offspec, just not enough AP to go around right now.

Raids should be fine since 2 tank slots only.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
even the demonology artifact ability has a cast time

demonology class fantasy is apparently everything having a fucking cast bar

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
even the demonology artifact ability has a cast time

demonology class fantasy is apparently everything having a fucking cast bar
Representative of Blizzard's long development time for their demon based expansion.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Are queue times normally this bad? Almost an hour so far waiting for Eye of Azshara normal mode and still waiting. I hate this dungeon and I have to do it to complete two quests :(

Rhaknar

Are queue times normally this bad? Almost an hour so far waiting for Eye of Azshara normal mode and still waiting. I hate this dungeon and I have to do it to complete two quests :(

Like I said earlier I found normal queues much worse than heroics. I think people are just moving to heroics faster with world quest gear and whanot

Measley

I was pretty shocked that they added a melee DPS class to the game AND gave Hunters a melee DPS spec. I expected them to add another physical ranged class to the game instead. The melee DPS glut is pretty out of hand, and that sucks because Enhance, Windwalker, Survival, and a few of the Rogue specs got some really great changes.

In terms of making tanking interesting, Blizzard should really consider tanking some creative risks. How about a physical ranged tank? Bioware pulled that off years ago with SWTOR.

Rhaknar

For all the hate our resident suramar hater throws at it, he said hes 7/11 and im only 3/11 ;_;

I did a small chain earlier for some wine seller but it wasnt one of the story quests I guess.

Are there level caps for Dungeons using the Dungeon Finder? I was planning on running ragefire chasm but now I can't seem to find it.

I'm level 23 btw

Top Bottom