• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Sarcasm

Finally got to 110 yesterday and started doing world quests. Seems like a cool system, did the required four quests for a couple of factions so far.

Got some profession quests that require doing instances and those DPS queues are real bad. Was in the queue for at least an hour last night without getting in and at that point I had to stop playing. I almost feel like going resto..

Only change to resto if you want to our find a team friend even real ID works.

I am a tank :)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Out of all of the things they skimped on, I don't understand why it was proofreading the tooltips. There are SO MANY garbage tooltips that just have nonsense in them.

Son1x

I really dislike Legion for wrong reasons. The gating and research stuff sucks when I'll be away for 2 weeks and I had an annoying druid artifact quest bug so I couldn't do other (artifact) ones and once they actualy fixed it they basically refreshed my weapon. I put all AP I got up to that point in that. Sent a ticket. Their reply? Thanks for still playing and gratz on level 110. Fucking Blizzard, next time try to fix a months known bug thats part of an artifact quest. At thia point I don't even know if I'm gonna continue playing.

Edit: They fixed the engineering quest now, but you used to need 5 hearty feasts, which is a rare cooking recipe that was almost impossible to get. Shit like this keeps accumulating, no wonder I'm not having fun.

Rizzi

I really dislike Legion for wrong reasons. The gating and research stuff sucks when I'll be away for 2 weeks and I had an annoying druid artifact quest bug so I couldn't do other (artifact) ones and once they actualy fixed it they basically refreshed my weapon. I put all AP I got up to that point in that. Sent a ticket. Their reply? Thanks for still playing and gratz on level 110. Fucking Blizzard, next time try to fix a months known bug thats part of an artifact quest. At thia point I don't even know if I'm gonna continue playing.

Edit: They fixed the engineering quest now, but you used to need 5 hearty feasts, which is a rare cooking recipe that was almost impossible to get. Shit like this keeps accumulating, no wonder I'm not having fun.

The engineering quest that teaches you the 815 item level goggles requires you to run the Court of Stars.
Court of Stars is a mythic only dungeon that requires you be 8k in to honored with the Nightfallen. It's dumb.

iammeiam

Was all excited to finally hit Honored with Nightfallen only to do a whole one quest chain and slam into another rep wall. The quest chain left me at 825/12000 honored, and the next quest (and the dungeon it's gating) requires 8k honored. This is maybe the first part in the expansion that has felt an annoying combination of time-gated and grindy. For most World Quests and side quests in Legion you can pick and choose what you do, but if you want to see the last two dungeons any time soon it seems like you need to unlock every Suramar world quest and do every one available every day and it'll still take a while to get anywhere with it. For one character it's sort of annoying but understandable; the idea of doing it with alts though is super unappealing.

Westlo

The engineering quest that teaches you the 815 item level goggles requires you to run the Court of Stars.
Court of Stars is a mythic only dungeon that requires you be 8k in to honored with the Nightfallen. It's dumb.

Don't forget you get a 830 Helm (after 2 upgrades) the moment you hit 110.

Shahadan

I don't see the problem really.

TheYanger

That's what the app is for. And being away two weeks when the research holds 10 days worth still doesn't actually put you back much. Not sure what else you want to hear, yes if you don't play for extended periods of time you will be behind a bit. That's not really new though. The daily world quest system and other major things being 3 day rotational periods makes it MORE forgiving in that front, not less, but at the end of the day the game won't just play itself if you never log in.

The problem is that you are getting an crummy 815 helm from a dungeon that drops 840 loot. By comparison everyone else has their 815 items avilable almost immediately after hitting cap.

No crafted item is 'an 815 crummy' item. A) crafted items have almost always been something you sell to other people. B) Obliterum and the Obliterum forge means it's actually whatever ilevel you want to boost it to, or it's always got a baseline value for selling (as an obliteratable mat).

Robin64

Ah, thanks for the wowhead world quest link. Perfect. Wonder what the ETA on getting it fixed ingame is. You'd think it would be working before the app launches tomorrow.

antonz

Honestly the way gear is in Legion the gear professions have sort of got the shaft. By the time you do the quests etc. for the unlockable gear that matters people have already well geared beyond even needing it. The only people buying that stuff are the people who need to be heroic ready immediately at 110.

Sure it can be upgraded but yet again its pointless. I'm already getting gear from world drops that are equal to max crafting can do at the moment.

Shahadan

The problem is that you are getting an crummy 815 helm from a dungeon that drops 840 loot. By comparison everyone else has their 815 items avilable almost immediately after hitting cap.

It's a craft. You're making stuff to sell and make money. It's irrelevant to your current ilvl, especially at 815, which is nothing. You get to upgrade your 810 hall helm to 820 basically immediately.
Also I'm assuming they're upgradable with obliterum to 850, which makes them relevant for the whole tier, so again your current ilvl is irrelevant.

Honestly the way gear is in Legion the gear professions have sort of got the shaft. By the time you do the quests etc. for the unlockable gear that matters people have already well geared beyond even needing it. The only people buying that stuff are the people who need to be heroic ready immediately at 110.

Sure it can be upgraded but yet again its pointless. I'm already getting gear from world drops that are equal to max crafting can do at the moment.

Not sure, I already made 350k from tailoring and people will get lazy and want to gear their reroll quickly.

Meguro

Banned
I have no idea what they were thinking with Suramar and the Nightfallen.
Locking a dungeon behind rep grinding is fucking stupid and makes Suramar the only mandatory thing in an expansion that touts itself on you choosing what you want to do.

Son1x

That's what the app is for. And being away two weeks when the research holds 10 days worth still doesn't actually put you back much. Not sure what else you want to hear, yes if you don't play for extended periods of time you will be behind a bit. That's not really new though. The daily world quest system and other major things being 3 day rotational periods makes it MORE forgiving in that front, not less, but at the end of the day the game won't just play itself if you never log in.
I don't really feel like thats how it is. I'll be behind in AP, and no mattwler what I do I will not be able to match others that played before until we all max it out. It used to be pretty shitty before, but there was no BS from stopping me get the best gear like everyone else and practically match them 1:1. I'll have a few days before EN releases, but even if I get solid gear I'll be so behind in AP its practically no contest

Speaking of artifacts, it fucking sucks being a healer this expansion. I either have to be vanilla pala tier in soloing or be behind on my main spec

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Locking a dungeon behind rep grinding is fucking stupid and makes Suramar the only mandatory thing in an expansion that touts itself on you choosing what you want to do.

I think it's masterful. Pretty much every dungeon has a storyline tied very closely to it. It wouldn't make sense to take back the city in the dungeon before you even started the quest line.

Shahadan

Yeah having stuff to do in a gorgeous end game zone that will unlock new places is really such a dumb idea.

Tenebrous

Yeah having stuff to do in a gorgeous end game zone that will unlock new places is really such a dumb idea.

*Time warp*

Yeah having stuff to do in a gorgeous battleground that will unlock legendary items is really such a dumb idea.

Doing one kind of content to unlock an entirely different kind when many people like to do specific things makes no sense to me. If raids were locked behind pet battles, PvP locked behind professions, or dungeons locked behind exploration, that would be pretty damn ridiculous, no? So why lock this behind something entirely different?

At least attunement quests sent you to do like-for-like content more often than not, and even when they didn't (Magtheridon), they were nowhere near as long as this.

That said, I'm only 4.5k short, so whatever.

Shahadan

*Time warp*

Yeah having stuff to do in a gorgeous battleground that will unlock legendary items is really such a dumb idea.

Doing one kind of content to unlock an entirely different kind when many people like to do specific things makes no sense to me. If raids were locked behind pet battles, PvP locked behind professions, or dungeons locked behind exploration, that would be pretty damn ridiculous, no? So why lock this behind something entirely different?

At least attunement quests sent you to do like-for-like content more often than not, and even when they didn't (Magtheridon), they were nowhere near as long as this.

That said, I'm only 4.5k short, so whatever.

I don't think questing is "entirely different" than anything wtf. It's the core of what you do in this game. Are we complaining we have to play the game now?

Meguro

Banned
I think it's masterful. Pretty much every dungeon has a storyline tied very closely to it. It wouldn't make sense to take back the city in the dungeon before you even started the quest line.

I know this is a very sterile and depressing way to look at things but dungeons and raids are a set of mechanics and fights to me, not storylines.
But I just don't care about the story in WoW or any of the lore so yeah.

Tenebrous

I don't think questing is "entirely different" than anything wtf. It's the core of what you do in this game. Are we complaining we have to play the game now?

One is a single player experience, and the other is a multiplayer experience. To me that's as big a difference as there is.

Look at all the complaining about the Dalaran sewer. The vast majority of it is justified - Having to enter a FFA PvP zone to do professions on a PvE server is not only ridiculously unfair to people on PvE servers, but folks on PvP servers who just want to progress. PvP has NEVER been required for professions before... Why now?
Hopefully fixing the guards will at least make it less tedious for those involved.

MoP cape... Were people complaining then that they have to play the game? Yeah, sure they were. Was it justified? Damn fucking right it was. Why the hell should people have to PvP to get PvE items? Why should PvPers have to get stuck with these clueless folk in random BGs?

The Suramar dungeons should be locked behind, if anything, the completion of other dungeons, and Suramar itself can serve as lore justification for going into those places in the first place. Those who want there story can have it. Those who just want the dungeon can have that.

iammeiam

More or less locking dungeons behind dailies kind of sucks, though, and is very out-of-step with the rest of the expansion.

I think the initial complaint has always been saying that you can "do what you want" but then essentially requiring people to do all these things to gate the content. I think the example of the Dalaran Sewers is the most glaring. It took me 15 minutes and 4 deaths in a PVP AREA on my PVE SERVER to get some stupid bat eyes or rats or some crap so I could continue with my LEATHERWORKING QUESTS.

Shahadan

One is a single player experience, and the other is a multiplayer experience. To me that's as big a difference as there is.

Look at all the complaining about the Dalaran sewer. The vast majority of it is justified - Having to enter a FFA PvP zone to do professions on a PvE server is not only ridiculously unfair to people on PvE servers, but folks on PvP servers who just want to progress.

Imo the MoP cloak questline making you do pvp was a bit too much, but the dalaran sewers I don't get the complaints. The professions quests sending you there don't even require to do much and are fast as fuck to complete.
They're just a way to introduce the sewers. Half the people on my server don't even know wtf it is and just took from it it was some pvp zone and never even tried to go there. The quests made some people interested because they were slightly pushed to discover something they wouldn't have otherwise.
If anything the game should make you want to do other activites rather than enable people to stay in their safe place all the time.

I think the initial complaint has always been saying that you can "do what you want" but then essentially requiring people to do all these things to gate the content. I think the example of the Dalaran Sewers is the most glaring. It took me 15 minutes and 4 deaths in a PVP AREA on my PVE SERVER to get some stupid bat eyes or rats or some crap so I could continue with my LEATHERWORKING QUESTS.

My answer to this is still SO FUCKING WHAT.
also 4 deaths and 15 minutes? what a major annoyance

Tenebrous

The professions quests sending you there don't even require to do much and are fast as fuck to complete.
They're just a way to introduce the sewers. Half the people on my server don't even know wtf it is and just took from it it was some pvp zone and never even tried to go there. The quests made some people interested because they were slightly pushed to discover something they wouldn't have otherwise.
If anything the game should make you want to do other activites rather than enable people to stay in their safe place all the time.

Then...

Imo the MoP cloak questline making you do pvp was a bit too much, but the dalaran sewers I don't get the complaints.

What's wrong with this?

Tomorrow.

Does this mean we'll have an armory again?

My answer to this is still SO FUCKING WHAT.
also 4 deaths and 15 minutes? what a major annoyance

They are completely unrelated activities, I'm on a PVE Server, and my server is heavily populated so doing something that should take a couple minutes took substantially longer. It's gating character progression by forcing players to do completely unrelated things. If they want a FFA PvP zone that's fine, don't require people to go there for questing though because it just turns it into a clusterfuck.

Rizzi

No crafted item is 'an 815 crummy' item. A) crafted items have almost always been something you sell to other people. B) Obliterum and the Obliterum forge means it's actually whatever ilevel you want to boost it to, or it's always got a baseline value for selling (as an obliteratable mat).

With how expensive crafting materials are, it's useless to me. Hell, I can't even do the quest to unlock the obliterum forge because it requires a bunch of crafted items that cost more gold than I have.

Shahadan

Then...

What's wrong with this?

Cause MoP required you to win battlegrounds, which can take fucking forever and with no pvp gear chances were your team would not be winning. The idea was ok, the choice of activity was not.
Dalaran sewers don't require anything. Not even any pvp experience.

Son1x

Like four classes do.

Druid, mage, DK and monk.

I am a druid on both my servers. Oh yes.

Druid one is like a minute cooldown.
Wow, I thought all classes get them. I'm a druid too and oura is great with all the portals.

My friend is a dk and his class hall hs also has a minute cooldown but he can use it again to get back where he came from. A small feature I miss from teleport moonglade

Robin64

The sewers would be easily "fixed" if there was a cooldown on how often it could become a PvP zone on PvE servers. Basically always seems to be one.

Shahadan

With how expensive crafting materials are, it's useless to me. Hell, I can't even do the quest to unlock the obliterum forge because it requires a bunch of crafted items that cost more gold than I have.

That, however, is a problem imo. Engineers can't trade the equivalent so they're kinda screwed. The prices will tank but that's still not fair.

Lanrutcon

Like four classes do.

Druid, mage, DK and monk.

I am a druid on both my servers. Oh yes.

Druid one is like a minute cooldown.

Warlocks gets to teleport to Dalaran.

Then run all the way across the entire town.

Then down some tunnels.

Look! It's our Order Hall. Amazing.

Tenebrous

Cause MoP required you to win battlegrounds, which can take fucking forever and with no pvp gear chances were your team would not be winning. The idea was ok, the choice of activity was not.
Dalaran sewers don't require anything. Not even any pvp experience.

Someones team has to win, and there would surely be an equal amount of players on either faction trying to do the quest, & getting into a BG where the opposite faction had less of those people than you wasn't too difficult at all. It definitely took less time than Suramar.

Shit, I enjoyed the PvP part of the cape quest (well I do have 270k PvP kills), but I knew it was very unfair to people not interested in that part of the game. Maybe I should've told them to get outta their safe space & suck it up.

erawsd

It's a craft. You're making stuff to sell and make money. It's irrelevant to your current ilvl, especially at 815, which is nothing. You get to upgrade your 810 hall helm to 820 basically immediately.
Also I'm assuming they're upgradable with obliterum to 850, which makes them relevant for the whole tier, so again your current ilvl is irrelevant.

Its absolutely relevant that an ilvl 815 schematic comes from content that far exceeds its relevance. As you've already pointed out you get a helm immediately after hitting cap that you can upgrade to 830. The fact that it is a craft means nothing when every other profession gets access to the items immediately after reaching the level cap. And lets be honest, the engi helm has always been a personal item rather than something sold for profit since only engineers can even use it and its the only slot the profession can craft an item for. If we were just talking about the rank 3 version of this thing, then Id be fine with it but, as it is, I agree with the other guy that it is real dumb and unfair to engineers.

Shahadan

Someones team has to win, and there would surely be an equal amount of players on either faction trying to do the quest, & getting into a BG where the opposite faction had less of those people than you wasn't too difficult at all. It definitely took less time than Suramar.

Shit, I enjoyed the PvP part of the cape quest (well I do have 270k PvP kills), but I knew it was very unfair to people not interested in that part of the game. Maybe I should've told them to get outta their safe space & suck it up.

On one of my character it took 28 battlegrounds to complete the quest. I'm sure the devs were thinking like you, but in practice there were too many factors. Entering the pvp world ungeared and unexperienced and trying to win is completely different than entering a sewer to loot 4 items or doing fucking quests in a zone.

Tenebrous

On one of my character it took 28 battlegrounds to complete the quest. I'm sure the devs were thinking like you, but in practice there were too many factors. Entering the pvp world ungeared and unexperienced and trying to win is completely different than entering a sewer to loot 4 items or doing fucking quests in a zone.

Forget the Sewers. It's an annoyance at best, I agree.

Sounds to me you like questing, but aren't a big PvP fan. For others, that's entirely flipped around, and the idea of having to win 2 battlegrounds (it was 2, right?) is a lot more pleasant than spending hours grinding through a zone that offers nothing of interest to them.

I'm happy to agree to disagree, as it's impossible to convince me that gating content behind different kinds of content is a good idea in any situation.

lazygecko

Not sure if I've missed something or if it's some kind of glitch... but I'm not getting any new quests for the order hall campaign on my mage. I'm at 110 but still only have 2 followers for missions. The order hall itself is at the state where Meryl is all sick, but there aren't any new quests available.

Lanrutcon

PvP should be kept the hell away from my PvE experience in all shapes and forms. It's basically 2 different games, and I distinctly only signed up for one.

If the devs have time to get creative with mixing the two, then they bloody have time to allocate to other, more pressing issues. The Dalaran sewers are a prime example of a decision that anyone with common sense would have called out before it was implemented. Sometimes I think the devs don't actually play their own game enough.

Top Bottom