• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Shahadan

Forget the Sewers. It's an annoyance at best, I agree.

Sounds to me you like questing, but aren't a big PvP fan. For others, that's entirely flipped around, and the idea of having to win 2 battlegrounds (it was 2, right?) is a lot more pleasant than spending hours grinding through a zone that offers nothing of interest to them.

I'm happy to agree to disagree, as it's impossible to convince me that gating content behind different kinds of content is a good idea in any situation.

I do both and at first I didn't see the problem of winning two battlegrounds and on my main character I won them rather quickly. Problem is you depend on other people win.
Not for quests. Also quests and dungeons are both pve content so unlocking dungoens through quests and rep is not something otherworldly and is not in any way "different content".
But since you're happy to say you can't be convinced and you're disregarding stuff I don't see the point

Kuntz

I like playing the nice merchant when prices are heavily inflated like now, i'm crafting basic leatherworking gear because leather is very cheap (~4gold) and disenchanting everyting to sell the shards/dust/crystals for "cheap", that's 90gold to craft the thing and 110gold for a shard and 1500 for a crystal. Nice profit because it's being bought in masses, it's worth it and people don't feel robbed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hunter Class Order campaign finished :)

VzSDvib.jpg

Bloody Ancient Mana farming.

I know Blizzard have implemented it to slow down people who are questing in Suramar, but you need so much of the crap to do anything, it's turned me right off the zone. Want to speak to someone? That's 50. To complete this quest that'll cost you 300. This quest? 400. So sick and tired of farming the shit already.

Is there an end to this farming? Or will we always need Ancient Mana to do stuff in this zone?

Tenebrous

Bloody Ancient Mana farming.

I know Blizzard have implemented it to slow down people who are questing in Suramar, but you need so much of the crap to do anything, it's turned me right off the zone. Want to speak to someone? That's 50. To complete this quest that'll cost you 300. This quest? 400. So sick and tired of farming the shit already.

You can buy 50 mana for 100-150g on my server. If you're alright with dropping the gold, it can save quite a bit of hassle.

Westlo

PvP should be kept the hell away from my PvE experience in all shapes and forms. It's basically 2 different games, and I distinctly only signed up for one.

If the devs have time to get creative with mixing the two, then they bloody have time to allocate to other, more pressing issues. The Dalaran sewers are a prime example of a decision that anyone with common sense would have called out before it was implemented. Sometimes I think the devs don't actually play their own game enough.

Dalaran sewers are hella fun, whoever made that call better get a pay rise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heh had a nice withered army run, unlocked a bank in the suramar hub, and also a perma upgrade so one of my withered is a mage or something

Robin64

You can get 2000 Ancient Mana within a few minutes if you go to the right place.

The Vineyards area in Suramar City has constantly spawning flowers and drink bottles which give a decent amount each. You can just run from node to node and be done super quick.

5mMAtCM.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Honestly the way gear is in Legion the gear professions have sort of got the shaft. By the time you do the quests etc. for the unlockable gear that matters people have already well geared beyond even needing it. The only people buying that stuff are the people who need to be heroic ready immediately at 110.

Sure it can be upgraded but yet again its pointless. I'm already getting gear from world drops that are equal to max crafting can do at the moment.
To add to this it's also a mystery to me why the new bag is only 24 slots. Okay it's not on a cooldown but so what? We've had a reagent-cooldown-gated 30 slot bag for nearly two years now, I don't see why removing the cooldown for it in Legion is a huge deal if they're not increasing the bag size.

Rhaknar

You can get 2000 Ancient Mana within a few minutes if you go to the right place.

The Vineyards area in Suramar City has constantly spawning flowers and drink bottles which give a decent amount each. You can just run from node to node and be done super quick.

5mMAtCM.png

I was going to say this, but just from being in suraman city, not jsut the vineyard, theres a ton of mana. flowers, wine, perfuma bottles, im doing some quests there after doing the scenario and using up all my mana on it (well 900), im already back to 1000.

edit: also selling blue BOEs from world quests for 5k a pop is funny. I could probably get more but I tried 10k (like the ones in the AH) and nobody went for it, so I said fuck it and massively undercut. 5k for a 820 item from a world quest I killed 10 frogs for is nice in my book :3

erawsd

Hunter Class Order campaign finished :)

Grats! Just finished mine 10 mins ago, the upgraded lightning Doomhammer looks really cool. I hope Blizzard continues the class hall storylines in a big way because the shaman ending seems like a big deal. For now, Im just staring at the transmog guy trying to put together a good lightning outfit.

Rizzi

I was going to say this, but just from being in suraman city, not jsut the vineyard, theres a ton of mana. flowers, wine, perfuma bottles, im doing some quests there after doing the scenario and using up all my mana on it (well 900), im already back to 1000.

edit: also selling blue BOEs from world quests for 5k a pop is funny. I could probably get more but I tried 10k (like the ones in the AH) and nobody went for it, so I said fuck it and massively undercut. 5k for a 820 item from a world quest I killed 10 frogs for is nice in my book :3

I sold an 830 boe blue cloak for 10k just now. Gonna use that to buy two gems. -_-;

Ark

Legion hasn't even been out for a week yet and people are complaining already? Come on..

This is the most fun I've had since WoTLK. I actually feel like I'm working towards something instead of mindlessly questing.

M.D

Bought a 835 trinket for 12.5 and sold for 55

Could have probably sold for 80-100 but I gotta go and wanted to sell it... still made gold, who cares ;p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Suramar bugged out so new quest chains wouldn't work...and the Withered army training daily just doesn't show up. CS response: "We are really busy. Maybe it will be hot fixed."
Okay........

Rizzi

Suramar bugged out so new quest chains wouldn't work...and the Withered army training daily just doesn't show up. CS response: "We are really busy. Maybe it will be hot fixed."
Okay........

Wait, that's supposed to be a daily? I did it once, and it's never showed up again.

Rhaknar

well got my first artifact knowledge and all the items still give the same art power. WELP.

it was supposed to have changed shortly before launch that items you had gotten even before the knowledge would scale. /shrug

Okay........

I dont know where you guys are getting this daily thing from, I always heard it was every 3 days. When I did my first I saw 2 day and something cooldown. I just did another today.

unless they changed it when it went live to be daily, on beta it was 3 days

Rizzi

Just got flagged for pvp because I took a flight path that flew over a pvp world quest.
That seems like an oversight.

Tecnniqe

Banned
well got my first artifact knowledge and all the items still give the same art power. WELP.

it was supposed to have changed shortly before launch that items you had gotten even before the knowledge would scale. /shrug
What!? I've filled my bank with this shit. Seriously they don't scale?

Jadax

Is there by any chance a gaf guild on Proudmoore (NA) - alliance? I'm going to be jumping back into wow after a 1 year break.

Tenebrous

What!? I've filled my bank with this shit. Seriously they don't scale?

The only thing you can stock up on that scales afterwards is the CTA satchels. As long as they remain unopened, the contents will scale with AK.

24k for the next trait... Blimey. 18k to go!

Tecnniqe

Banned
The only thing you can stock up on that scales afterwards is the CTA satchels. As long as they remain unopened, the contents will scale with AK.

24k for the next trait... Blimey. 18k to go!
God damn. If that's the dungeon ones I've opened them all.

Mistakes

No, what changed just before launch was that the items scaled at all. But the scaling isn't retroactive, so there's no point hoarding them (which was their intention, too).

Frumix

Suffering From Success
As a completely new WoW player I have a few questions.

I'm currently leveling a monk and I figured I'd go through the manual leveling process just so I could see the sights and all. Currently I'm at level 63.

1. Monk has a healing spec, but I've been rather diligently vendoring anything I didn't need for windwalker, so if I wanted to heal all of a sudden, what are my options for intellect gear at this moment?

2. Are dungeons a good leveling tool or should I just stick to questing? Compared to FFXIV, my very brief experince with WoW dungeons was: very chaotic, everybody runs forward at mach speed, barely anything to do but AOEing your heart out. Anything to look out for? The quests inside seem to be significant, what's the gameplay loop? As soon as the group was done everyone just left. What's the accepted etiquette for loot? Just roll Need if you can?

3. How practical is it to keep two specs at the endgame with wildly different stats? For example, with monk my options are healing and DPS - I heard bad things about the tanking spec - can I eventually gear them both properly?

4. Any tips for not embarrassing myself in group content in general?

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
does anyone have a guild i could sit in for the forseeable future?

haven't run with a crew in years and years but i still come back for expansions, might play for a while now.

just want a tag that's not openly stupid and gchat without open racism/other nasty stuff that i deal with in random guilds.

battle net Cro#1403

Randy

How alt friendly is this expansion actually? Seems with the whole artifact system in place, it'd take quite some time to get your alts geared up?

Robin64

How alt friendly is this expansion actually? Seems with the whole artifact system in place, it'd take quite some time to get your alts geared up?

As time goes on, the Artifact Research time will become shorter and shorter, so catching up won't be too hard.

Tenebrous

Depends on your definition of alt friendly. It's harder to get multiple characters on par with each other, but alts have more uniqueness about them than ever before.

It's a worthwhile change, I believe.

Lmao, so all the people who picked PVP servers all those years ago, bragged about being "'ard" and how PVE servers are for carebears and pussies for years are now complaining that PVP is about assholes ganking each other and making sure no one has any fun. I am shocked. I mean I have some empathy, but not a lot. PVP servers have always been a den of scum and villainy. The top guilds are on PVP servers though, so people always think to roll on them for a better experience with raiding. Guess what, those top guilds rolled on pvp servers because they knew that their top end raid gear would help them gank noobs with crap gear. Welcome to the human condition.

mileS

How are you done the class hall quests already? the Monk one I'm on needs 5 straight 12hr+ quests before I can move on to the next stage. They wouldn't make some classes last longer would they?

Top Bottom