• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

erawsd

These BC shoulders are a great foundation with lightning animations on them. They fit seamlessly with the T8 shaman robes as well.

nice ill check em out.

Also, Rehgar's ghost wolf buff is soooooooo good. Its basically an upgraded version of the old ghostly speed glyph, it doesnt break if you cast it before entering combat and can be used indoors.

Lomax

Finally got Legion last night, got my first quest reward relic and couldn't use it, didn't really think anything of it at the time (there's still a big part of me used to quests that don't give class specific gear). Then realized a little while later that shouldn't have happened and discovered that I still had my loot spec set to protection instead of ret. Well, I have an off-spec relic now for later I guess.

Auctopus

Lmao, so all the people who picked PVP servers all those years ago, bragged about being "'ard" and how PVE servers are for carebears and pussies for years are now complaining that PVP is about assholes ganking each other and making sure no one has any fun. I am shocked. I mean I have some empathy, but not a lot. PVP servers have always been a den of scum and villainy. The top guilds are on PVP servers though, so people always think to roll on them for a better experience with raiding. Guess what, those top guilds rolled on pvp servers because they knew that their top end raid gear would help them gank noobs with crap gear. Welcome to the human condition.

Most people are pretty chill on Outland EU. I've been questing alongside Horde players and they don't do anything, even if I accidentally hit them with whirlwind or something.

Yeah, you get players who will grief you for no reason. Like when I was in Uldum, I had a guy who waited for me over 3 respawns when I was trying to hand in a quest. But that happens maybe ever 20 hours or so.

Lanrutcon

hahahaha

Dimension Rift doesn't work with Havoc! The goddamn Destro artifact ability doesn't work with the signature Destro spell.

I swear, this shit was designed over a weekend just to check a box.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How are you done the class hall quests already? the Monk one I'm on needs 5 straight 12hr+ quests before I can move on to the next stage. They wouldn't make some classes last longer would they?

I needed 4 12hr quests twice. thats 2 days worth for each as long as you leave it doing when you go to work or sleep or whatever

Rizzi

hahahaha

Dimension Rift doesn't work with Havoc! The goddamn Destro artifact ability doesn't work with the signature Destro spell.

I swear, this shit was designed over a weekend just to check a box.

Class design is hard, especially when you ignore the class in question.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

erawsd

I needed 4 12hr quests twice. thats 2 days worth for each as long as you leave it doing when you go to work or sleep or whatever

yep. one big advantage is that some champions get a mission duration buff. So I was able to shave off 20% from 4 of my quests.

idlewild_

Finished my Order Hall questline and got my first artifact knowledge last night. I'll take the 25% AP, but it feels so little when you're trying to get 18k for the next trait and are out of easy quest rewards to help.

Im on one thats 24 hours,, QQ, Didnt hunters get that one?

The hunter ones were 12 hours. Did you counter all of the abilities? There's sometimes one that doubles the duration of the mission if you don't counter it.

Tenebrous

How are you done the class hall quests already? the Monk one I'm on needs 5 straight 12hr+ quests before I can move on to the next stage. They wouldn't make some classes last longer would they?

Some people had theirs bugged. Two people in my guild had their third slot last Friday, as instead of getting missions one after the other, they got all their quest missions at once.

Me, however... I hit 110 the same time as them, and won't be getting mine until Wednesday. My last 3 missions are over 3 days each, taken down to 1 day 16 hours with the right counters...

The hunter ones were 12 hours. Did you counter all of the abilities? There's sometimes one that doubles the duration of the mission if you don't counter it.

Priest had 5x get 10st rocks. Some were shorter than 12 hours tho I think but last one is a whole day-.- Dunno about that counter thingy, might be true but havent noticed it being a problem earlier.

idlewild_

Priest had 5x get 10st rocks. Some were shorter than 12 hours tho I think but last one is a whole day-.- Dunno about that counter thingy, might be true but havent noticed it being a problem earlier.

If you look at the ability you need to counter, there's a small icon on the bottom that says what happens if you don't counter the ability. If it's an hourglass it means the duration is doubled. Other ones do things like dramatically increase the difficulty of the mission, kill all of your troops, prevent you from getting bonus loot. I mean, it's entirely possible that it's just a long mission, I didn't play through the stuff for any of the other classes yet.

Shahadan

Finished my priest campaign on saturday. You can definitely halve the duration.

If you look at the ability you need to counter, there's a small icon on the bottom that says what happens if you don't counter the ability. If it's an hourglass it means the duration is doubled. Other ones do things like dramatically increase the difficulty of the mission, kill all of your troops, prevent you from getting bonus loot. I mean, it's entirely possible that it's just a long mission, I didn't play through the stuff for any of the other classes yet.

Ah man wowhead says quest should be 12h so yea im doomed. Oh well good to know for the future. Also om on 5800/6000 suramar rep and it refuses to spawn more dailys.. Might as well go to sleep and go up tomorrow after server weekly reset >,<

lazygecko

1 hour of heroic Everbloom trash farming at 110 yielded me just short of 4000 gold just vendoring it all. Seems like a worthwhile time investment.

Rixxan

i have world quests that dont show up on my map, its frustrating

like i just stumbled into one that yielded me some felwort - wish i saw the icon to know it existed

am i bugged or is that working as intended? hidden world quests?

Yawnny

Fuck Highmountain and it's shitty hills where you can't find anything and have to die just because it's easier to fall to your death and respawn there then actually find a path down to where you need to go.

and fuck the gankers.

/endrant

Nista

like i just stumbled into one that yielded me some felwort - wish i saw the icon to know it existed

I think it's a bug, but I haven't found any blizzard confirmation of it yet. It's annoying because I don't want to miss out on any profession mats at this early stage when I really need them.

Robin64

Definitely bugged. Wowhead's tracker shows them when the ingame map doesn't.

Magnus

I assumed if I successfully countered the mission (countered skills and at least 100% success rate) I was doing it as fast as possible. I'm still left with 8h quests for these Priest 5x Light missions....you're saying there's a way to shorten these 8h missions?

I assumed if I successfully countered the mission (countered skills and at least 100% success rate) I was doing it as fast as possible. I'm still left with 8h quests for these Priest 5x Light missions....you're saying there's a way to shorten these 8h missions?

No but its more like if you dont counter all the skills there is instead a risk that the complete time gets doubled as penalty. So abusing with those temporary followers isnt that good afterall at all times>.<

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this engineering quest has sent me to:

area 52 in netherstorm (outland)
K3 in storm peaks (northrend)
Ratchet, Gadgetzan and then further down in Tanaris (kalimdor)

just to talk to a npc in each and then off to the next one.

giphy.gif

biaxident

Completed suramar that I can up to this point, new storyline unlocks at honored right? I'm about 500 rep off or so. Love the zone though, so good. I thought it was funny that I got the 50 world quest achievement then I get a priest quest to do 30 world quests lol.

Rhaknar

hmph. campaign finished, Suramar 1/4th but dont have any more quests atm, ilvl 835

Time to choose an alt methinks. Leaning towards either DK or Pali. Holy Pali, half of me wants to heal, half of me doesnt want to deal with assholes. But my friend is playing tank at least. Gonna do the Holy artifact, see how it feels. Then do the DK unholy artifact, see how that feels.

Sounds like a plan.

edit: oh shit son, Holy Pali quest has me looking for Galford? We got a SNK crossover? Galford is my favorite Samurai Shodown character!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is there a script or some shit that marks all the Suramar fucking quests on my map?

I'm so god damn lost I cant even figure out where to go.

Spent an hour running around and all I've found are 3-5 step side quests
xVjxaZA.png

This zone is some bullshit.

Hate this. Ruined my whole experience with otherwise great zones. Rep gated quests which require me to be honored and time gated for weeks order hall.

So angry right now.

Magnus

Everyone keeps saying Suramar is the epitome of great zone design in this game, literally the best Blizzard has ever done. But then I see some opinions like the one above....

I've yet to start it, aside from the early quests to get Friendly. So far so good for me. I'll reserve judgment till I see much more.

Rhaknar

Everyone keeps saying Suramar is the epitome of great zone design in this game, literally the best Blizzard has ever done. But then I see some opinions like the one above....

I've yet to start it, aside from the early quests to get Friendly. So far so good for me. I'll reserve judgment till I see much more.

if you are looking for a checklist zone, Suramar is not it. I mean, if hes so angry there re guides online for the entire zone im sure

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Is there a script or some shit that marks all the Suramar fucking quests on my map?

xVjxaZA.png

Hate this. Ruined my whole experience with otherwise great zones. Rep gated quests which require me to be honored and time gated for weeks order hall.

So angry right now.

IIRC the only one you have 'left' to do (before reaching honored via feeding the withered at the base and playing the withered dungeon game) is Jandivik's Jarl, however, I believe even that has an internal 'friendly' requirement for rep at some number I don't know of off hand.

Suramar definitely does have some weird decisions built into it, though.

Also, did you do all the leylines? Those give rep, as do doing world quests in Suramar.

lazygecko

Also wow, can I farm heroic Everbloom as a 110 Shadow Priest? I could absolutely use that cash.

You basically just run around in the first half of the instance pulling multiple groups of dreadpetals (along with some of the bigger mobs) and AoE them down. Dunno how effective that is as a shadow priest (might even be better to go holy and spam nova?). As an arcane mage I just spam arcane explosion while mass pulling with slow. Once they're all dead, you run out and reset it. The trash drop huge quantities of grays that are worth ~5g each, and on average you end up with a bit more than a full stack of 50 per run, which takes maybe 6-7 minutes. That in conjunction with all the greens and stuff adds up to a lot of raw gold earned.

I fully expect Blizzard to nerf this in the near future.

iammeiam

Suramar through friendly is great. Honored+ is a rep grind that's locked behind repeatable quests on a timer, and trips up the otherwise fairly steady flow of content in the game. And, unlike Order Hall 12+ hour missions, it's not set and forget--you actively have to grind out repeating content each and every day to progress the story/get to the last two dungeons.

Once you hit the rep wall, Suramar amounts to checking off your world quests for the day, feeding your addicts, and then doing something else.

I dunno about script, but There's a fairly substantial multi-comment explanation of where the various quests spawn, which chains you need for which, etc. Blood and Wine is gated behind honored, Statecraft is gated behind 8k/12k honored. The only ones you have left with no corresponding rep grind are Moon Guard Stronghold (which has a related World Quest unlock and so is worth doing) and Jandvik's Jarl. Leyline Bling is a good boost over the rep hump to Honored, but beyond that it's just doing your daily rep grind chores.

TheYanger

xVjxaZA.png

So angry right now.

Jesus, chill out. It's designed to take a long time. "Time gated for weeks" - yet most people that have remotely tried are finished with their class campaigns.

Every single 'side' quest chain in Suramar is just like every other zone: you'll find them if you are looking for !s while you're doing the other quests. Guaranteed. They all breadcrumb from within those areas, just keep your eyes open.

We're literally 6 days into the expansion and you're blowing a gasket that you haven't finished everything. Consider the absurdity of your situation.

Anyone know what World Quests unlock for Suramar when you complete all the side storylines? I finished the achievement yesterday but I don't know what it changed for me. I've been receiving Suramar World Quests since I got the initial World Quest unlock so I'm kinda confused on what this does.

Lain

Finally got my damn box and got to start playing Legion. Obviously I picked Stromheim because Sylvanas, and already the Alliance show up with sneaky attacks (don't these fucks have a legion to fight?) and damn if it isn't hilarious that a rabid dog like Genn has the balls to call anyone else a monster. I'm guessing the old fart never used a mirror in his life.

Aeana

xVjxaZA.png

So angry right now.
You're angry that things in an MMO take time? This might not be the genre for you.

TheYanger

Ugh dailies? Gross. I thought we moved beyond dally repeatable quests. So mind-numbing.

We did. There aren't any dailies. It's just an easy way to call things like Withered Training (a scenario every 3 days) or feeding mana to your crackhead elves (which isn't exactly a 'daily' in any real sense).

Anyone know what World Quests unlock for Suramar when you complete all the side storylines? I finished the achievement yesterday but I don't know what it changed for me. I've been receiving Suramar World Quests since I got the initial World Quest unlock so I'm kinda confused on what this does.

Ones that require you to do things in those areas. For example, blood and wine unlocked the world quest we had yesterday to make the wine.

Top Bottom