• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
this engineering quest has sent me to:

area 52 in netherstorm (outland)
K3 in storm peaks (northrend)
Ratchet, Gadgetzan and then further down in Tanaris (kalimdor)
Lol, try the Enchantment questline. I had to run Scholo, Stonecore and Neltharion's Lair.

Is there a script or some shit that marks all the Suramar fucking quests on my map?

I'm so god damn lost I cant even figure out where to go.

Spent an hour running around and all I've found are 3-5 step side quests
xVjxaZA.png

This zone is some bullshit.

Hate this. Ruined my whole experience with otherwise great zones. Rep gated quests which require me to be honored and time gated for weeks order hall.

So angry right now.
I used this: http://www.wowhead.com/guides/suramar

Got 8/11 on my second day as 110. Keep in mind that only a few of those quests give you Suramar rep. You need to rely on the Withered Army Training for a nice chunk of rep. Also do all the Leylines.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Suramar through friendly is great. Honored+ is a rep grind that's locked behind repeatable quests on a timer, and trips up the otherwise fairly steady flow of content in the game. And, unlike Order Hall 12+ hour missions, it's not set and forget--you actively have to grind out repeating content each and every day to progress the story/get to the last two dungeons.

Once you hit the rep wall, Suramar amounts to checking off your world quests for the day, feeding your addicts, and then doing something else.

I dunno about script, but There's a fairly substantial multi-comment explanation of where the various quests spawn, which chains you need for which, etc. Blood and Wine is gated behind honored, Statecraft is gated behind 8k/12k honored. The only ones you have left with no corresponding rep grind are Moon Guard Stronghold (which has a related World Quest unlock and so is worth doing) and Jandvik's Jarl. Leyline Bling is a good boost over the rep hump to Honored, but beyond that it's just doing your daily rep grind chores.
Thats actually very helpful. Ive been trying to find the Jandvik running around that area with no luck, ill try the moonguard again, didnt see it last time i was there.
Jesus, chill out. It's designed to take a long time. "Time gated for weeks" - yet most people that have remotely tried are finished with their class campaigns.

Every single 'side' quest chain in Suramar is just like every other zone: you'll find them if you are looking for !s while you're doing the other quests. Guaranteed. They all breadcrumb from within those areas, just keep your eyes open.

We're literally 6 days into the expansion and you're blowing a gasket that you haven't finished everything. Consider the absurdity of your situation.
Yeah? I bet not a single DH have finished it, and if they have good on them because I've quite literally had like 7 12 hours or so missions one after another.
You're angry that things in an MMO take time? This might not be the genre for you.

I'm just venting that the zone is build up shitty imo. I really liked how the others worked and was happy the whole "daily" this and that to continue seemed to have been put as world quests instead, which seems much better.

And then I hit this wall.

I know some things are time gated and what not but when ive been questing ive done every ! on the map ive seen, sure i might have missed some but every single thing just straight up ends with no continuation after I hit "Seed of Hope" which is whats making me infuriated.

I mean there's some artificial X rep in friendly/honored that to unlock the next quest but all the guides are so massive and with the few hours I have to actually play this during the week days I'd rather not have to read 10+ pages to even figure out where I am in the story and spend hours running around to double check everything. And as such I did a little venting rant and quite effectively got the answers to my issues above, by the nice guy/gal iammeiam about when things unlock.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok, Holy Artifact quest. Why am I failing this? Oh wait, im a fucking healer, maybe I should be healing the npcs so they can kill shit. Thats kinda neat. Except my gear is so wank and I dont even have weapon and off hand, I have a ret sword (when it didnt turn into int) and shit so my heals are awful and it was pretty hard. But I did it. The quest itself suffered from "go here, rgab the weapon, get out" syndrome that both marks and surv hunter had. BM was the only one that truly blew me way so far.

Not sure how I feel about healing man, I was already stressing out and it was just NPCs for crying out loud lol. Silver Hand sure is pretty tho. And I the skill you get seems lame :( Pali also suffers from the same problem as my hunter: two non-gathering professions (enchanting and jewelcrafting) sigh. Oh the Pali class order hall is absolutely fantastic.

On to Unholy DK then. This one at least has a gathering (mining) one :/

this engineering quest has sent me to:

area 52 in netherstorm (outland)
K3 in storm peaks (northrend)
Ratchet, Gadgetzan and then further down in Tanaris (kalimdor)

just to talk to a npc in each and then off to the next one.

Could be wrong, but I thought all of those had a teleporter you could make as an Engineer, so it shouldn't take you that long to get to those places. If that is the case, then it's pretty cool.

If not, well...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
People keep saying they have decent amounts of Nightfallen rep, but I'm at 3700 and there's basically nothing in the zone that helps me at all and World Quests get me *maybe* 400 in a day. That isn't enough for me to keep logging on to do them.

I don't get it. Everyone's like "did you do this quest" but I did everything and I'm not close or getting particularly closer; there's just not enough sources of Nightfallen rep.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Could be wrong, but I thought all of those had a teleporter you could make as an Engineer, so it shouldn't take you that long to get to those places. If that is the case, then it's pretty cool.

If not, well...

you mean the wormholes? I forgot about those lol. I just got engineering on the hunter when I resubbed so I dont use most of the engi stuff tbh.

Im seeing locks and boomkins with me on this unholy art quest. I assume those are the 3 that overlap then?

I'm going to resub and see that I can buy a game token from the character select screen.

If I click the button to add 30 days, will it show me how much total gold I have before it goes through with the purchase?

Haly

People keep saying they have decent amounts of Nightfallen rep, but I'm at 3700 and there's basically nothing in the zone that helps me at all and World Quests get me *maybe* 400 in a day. That isn't enough for me to keep logging on to do them.

I don't get it. Everyone's like "did you do this quest" but I did everything and I'm not close or getting particularly closer; there's just not enough sources of Nightfallen rep.

Did you get all the Leylines? That's about 750. And don't forget to do Withered Army Training at Thalyssa every 3 days. It's 425 max.

I lucked out and managed to do Army Training two days in a row because I did the first just when it was about to reset. I didn't get max rep the first time though.

Also the 3 story NPCs in Shal'Aran go crazy once per day and you can feed them for 50 rep. It's a slow grind but Honored isn't that far away. It's 8000/12000 that's really a slog.

idlewild_

3700/12000 isn't bad, you'll probably unlock Arcway/Court in time to do them this reset (400/day normal wq + 500/3day withered training + 1500/week emissary.) After that there's some quests and you probably get rep for completing the dungeon scenario, so another 700 or so per week. That's a good 6k rep/week, considering rep from the quest chains and it's maybe a month left on the grind to exalted. Shorter than some of those MoP grinds.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
3700/12000 isn't bad, you'll probably unlock Arcway/Court in time to do them this reset (400/day normal wq + 500/3day withered training + 1500/week emissary.) After that there's some quests and you probably get rep for completing the dungeon scenario, so another 700 or so per week. That's a good 6k rep/week, considering rep from the quest chains and it's maybe a month left on the grind to exalted. Shorter than some of those MoP grinds.

I'm like 3700 into Friendly. I don't see anything else.

Tenebrous

Call to Arms satchels yield more than 4000g an hour?

Also wow, can I farm heroic Everbloom as a 110 Shadow Priest? I could absolutely use that cash.

4 instances an hour on average.

3300 gold - 825g per satchel (800-900g range).
10 runes 3500 gold - 2.5 per satchel (350g per rune).
600 AP - 150 AP per satchel (before any AK).

6.8k gold & 600 AP if doing 4 runs per hour. Doesn't include the 100 AP from random dungeon completion, AP from bosses, gold from disenchanted materials, or the items looted from the Harvester enchant (I've about 15k gold's worth of stuff from those Harvester bags).

For those of you leveling a demon hunter, which spec have you been focusing on? I was going to go with havoc but I've been seeing a lot of talk about how vengeance is better for the increased survivability. I don't mind at all leveling as tank but I was going to go with havoc to kill things faster, although staying alive is much better to me than killing things a bit faster.

ampere

PvP should be kept the hell away from my PvE experience in all shapes and forms. It's basically 2 different games, and I distinctly only signed up for one.

If the devs have time to get creative with mixing the two, then they bloody have time to allocate to other, more pressing issues. The Dalaran sewers are a prime example of a decision that anyone with common sense would have called out before it was implemented. Sometimes I think the devs don't actually play their own game enough.

You can hire a bodyguard and it unflags you from pvp for a bit

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Just kicked my first Disc Priest from Maw. It was pretty sad but I had to do it...

biaxident

Just kicked my first Disc Priest from Maw. It was pretty sad but I had to do it...

What was going wrong? I've only run 1 normal as disc and the rest holy/shadow. Every priest I've seen has been holy too, poor disc. It's much harder to save bad dps as disc, people who stand in fire are just gonna die, as holy it's so easy to save everything.

Haly

For those of you leveling a demon hunter, which spec have you been focusing on? I was going to go with havoc but I've been seeing a lot of talk about how vengeance is better for the increased survivability. I don't mind at all leveling as tank but I was going to go with havoc to kill things faster, although staying alive is much better to me than killing things a bit faster.

Vengeance feels a lot better for world content since you can solo a lot of stuff.

While Havoc can burn down groups it relies on cooldowns and preparation. Vengeance is just a juggernaut.

idlewild_

I'm like 3700 into Friendly. I don't see anything else.

I see...that seems kind of low, but I guess it's hard to help someone with Suramar without knowing when they started and what they've done so far since it is not linear up to honored. You could look up a guide, but what I did was just run around Suramar looking for things to do. Some of the ley lines are out of the way, so maybe use a guide for those.

Haly

I think the Nightfallen Emissary made a huge difference. When I reached 110 that was one of the first things I knocked out and it catapaulted me to just shy of Honored pretty quickly. Players who dinged after that Emissary rotated are kind of fucked.

Angry Grimace

Did you get all the Leylines? That's about 750. And don't forget to do Withered Army Training at Thalyssa every 3 days. It's 425 max.

I lucked out and managed to do Army Training two days in a row because I did the first just when it was about to reset. I didn't get max rep the first time though.

Also the 3 story NPCs in Shal'Aran go crazy once per day and you can feed them for 50 rep. It's a slow grind but Honored isn't that far away. It's 8000/12000 that's really a slog.

I instantly die in the Withered training because I'm a rogue and have no real survivability to anything.

I see...that seems kind of low, but I guess it's hard to help someone with Suramar without knowing when they started and what they've done so far since it is not linear up to honored. You could look up a guide, but what I did was just run around Suramar looking for things to do. Some of the ley lines are out of the way, so maybe use a guide for those.

I'm not gonna just randomly run around a zone for hours looking for rep like a crack addict. I'll just stop doing the zone because they made the grind way too old-school.

idlewild_

That's true, if you missed the emissary you also missed 2-3 days of WQ and a withered training, that's a good 2.5k+ rep.

I'm not gonna just randomly run around a zone for hours looking for rep like a crack addict. I'll just stop doing the zone because they made the grind way too old-school.

Hours is kind of an exaggeration, there are breadcrumbs between several of the quest lines that don't start in the main hub area. Plus, you can just look at the map and guess where some quests will be. Worst case, just use a guide. I don't think it will be that big of a deal if you just skip it though, the dungeons weren't mindblowing on beta.

TheYanger

Are the raids locked behind rep as well?

No. You need to not expect everything to happen immediately. Suramar isn't a daily grind or any kind of grind. It's just "Hey go do shit and eventually you'll get revered". So, just do shit. or wait for the large chunks like the nightfallen emissary and such.

Tecnniqe

Banned
seeing as the Suramar raid wont be here until january probably, youll be fine :3

Oh I bet, just wondering if we know. If it is I'll do the nightfall daily stuff as often as I can if not I'll just focus more on the ones I want stuff from and do the rotation ones when they show up obviously for that sweet K bonus.

Rhaknar

how the hell do you go to the broken shore? I have a quest there now

Rhaknar

is there any suramar quest in janvir or whatever this vrykul place is called?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What was going wrong? I've only run 1 normal as disc and the rest holy/shadow. Every priest I've seen has been holy too, poor disc. It's much harder to save bad dps as disc, people who stand in fire are just gonna die, as holy it's so easy to save everything.
They can't heal at all during the Submerge phases. Not that people should be taking that much damage during that phase, but when it's also the priest getting hit by stuff it's kind of easy to single someone out.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Warrior to 106 and thought I'd try Demon Hunter and I'm loving it, great animations, I'm sexy as hell and the lore is great. 100 ATM and seriously considering maining it. I really need to max out all my 3 chars then decide but right now I'm loving her.

Angry Grimace

no you dont, I have tons of queues when I have dungeon quests

I had like hour long queues for almost every dungeon and then when I got the end-of-storyline quest to get the Pillar of Creation it would always pop instantly *shrug*

It doesn't do it for like Profession quests, but that was my experience in every leveling zone. Heroic queues are just way shorter in general, though.

Rhaknar

this vrykul just said "why did you kick me you mongrel of Fenrir", I hope thats because im a Worgen

Hixx

World quests are great

Lamenting my lack of Relics while running a guildie through Violet Hold (KILL ME, FUCK THAT DUNGEON AGAIN) and one said a Fire Relic quest just popped in Stormheim. Got 8 ilvls on my weapon, feels good man.

I want to race (or faction) change my goblin warrior.

I don't like to make 2 of the same race/armor class, and the other plate is my blood elf pally so I'm good with basically any other option (I don't have a DK)

This expansion has me into lore shit again, so what's a cool looking/lore relevant warrior race? I was thinking humans since the Vrykul are their ancestors.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There's two threads now, which one do I post in!?!?!?

I want sub-races, not new races. Gimme dem unaffected Gilneans and High Elves, son

Night Elf Warriors have the coolest stances. Draenei look the most badass in Warrior gear. Horde side, it's Orcs and Tauren.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The night elf mages in Legion definitely give me the feeling of 'man why don't the playable night elves look like that'

Rhaknar

this vrykul vs naga quest was pretty baller. AAnd that wowhead guide to suramar that someone linked is excellent, gonna use it mroe now

Top Bottom