• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

You've got the right idea. Have an alt get the Siegecrafter Blackfuse kill, have that alt leave the group, and then when you reform make them raid leader and have them zone in first. After everyone else zones in, have that alt leave group, rinse repeat.

This is pretty sweet. Good work :)

There actually aren't any tank specific heirlooms anymore. Bonus Armor has been converted to Versatility or another stat

Couldn't I just run with the alt all the way to siege crafter, kill him then have the alt drop? The group finishes the raid but the alt keeps the lockout? Then next week I extend it?

*edit* or are you saying exactly what I just said, and by reform you mean the next week?

ampere

Couldn't I just run with the alt all the way to siege crafter, kill him then have the alt drop? The group finishes the raid but the alt keeps the lockout? Then next week I extend it?

*edit* or are you saying exactly what I just said, and by reform you mean the next week?

That's what I'm saying, but you don't have to wait until next week. You can do Klaxxi 300 times in one week, you'll only get loot once but you can do the achievement in one lockout.

M.D

I've been playing Protection Warrior the last few hours (lvl 37, doing dungeons only after 15) and I think it's the most fun I've had playing any class in the game

That's what I'm saying, but you don't have to wait until next week. You can do Klaxxi 300 times in one week, you'll only get loot once but you can do the achievement in one lockout.
Wait whaaaaaat? Does the difficulty matter?

So we could do it on normal, up to siege crafter, bring in an alt. Kill siege crafter and the alt drops. Kill Klaxxi, group disbands. Have alt form another group, alt drops after everyone comes in, guild does the kill again. Rinse and repeat?

Do normal, heroic and mythic share lockouts? We did it on heroic last night.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I definitely worry that Surrender to Madness stacking at high gear levels is going to be a real thing that will make Destro Lock stacking in MOP or Arcane Mage stacking in WOD pale in comparison.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like the ideal Archeology would be a mix of the trophy room and the lorewalker stuff from MOP. Not the stuff that's been in the game since Cataclysm.

Combine those with the old world and make them into world quests, and I think they could have something real cool for lore fans.

ampere

Wait whaaaaaat? Does the difficulty matter?

So we could do it on normal, up to siege crafter, bring in an alt. Kill siege crafter and the alt drops. Kill Klaxxi, group disbands. Have alt form another group, alt drops after everyone comes in, guild does the kill again. Rinse and repeat?

Do normal, heroic and mythic share lockouts? We did it on heroic last night.

Mythic is the only difficulty for Siege of Orgrimmar and beyond that has a strict one kill per week, per boss lockout for raids. Normal and Heroic do not share lockouts, and they only have loot lockouts so you can do the bosses ad infinitum for achievement purposes

Mythic dungeons have loot lockout and can be repeated over and over like Normal and Heroic raids. Only Mythic raids have the old school, hard lockout.

lord quas

My brother accidentally pressed a button on his MacBook which I think activated the ActionCam and is now unable to disable it. I'm not sure whether it's actually the ActionCam, but there's this fishbowl-like effect and the camera is situated on the ground level. We already tried "/console ActionCam off", but it doesn't seem to work. Does anybody have any ideas how to disable it?

Respect

?????
PvP is normalized. There's no "catching" up outside of just getting abilities.

Artifact weapons will indeed play a major role in pvp, those passive % abilities on each trait add up quickly over even a 5 minute match in terms of damage/healing.

And gear isn't irrelevant in PvP, just ilvl gaps aren't nearly as pronounced as they have been before. I believe the number I heard was a 800 ilvl vs a 900 ilvl character will be a roughly 10% increase in stats (Unless this has changed and I missed it). I think right now it is roughly 1% per 1 ilvl in pvp (or was prior to the most recent patch - I know it is all normalized at ilvl 740 currently in pvp).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You'd think with the first tier of Legion centering pretty heavily on The Emerald Dream, they would have added a Druid class quest to get Antlers a la Green Fire.

or theyo ught to just give Night Elf druids that customization option

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh yeah forgot auchidon was in talador (the area, not the dungeon), gonna finish Talador this time around then, Ive only done that once

Tecnniqe

Banned
My brother accidentally pressed a button on his MacBook which I think activated the ActionCam and is now unable to disable it. I'm not sure whether it's actually the ActionCam, but there's this fishbowl-like effect and the camera is situated on the ground level. We already tried "/console ActionCam off", but it doesn't seem to work. Does anybody have any ideas how to disable it?
Pretty sure they said they completely removed it since people got mad after they activated it with commands and it made them feel sick.

So I think it's been a console command all along, and now they removed it completely to tweak it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Check that there is not some add on for it.
Eh you remind me I still need to do a Blood elf warrior
Do not be this person. Blood Elves should not even be allowed to be Warriors...

Tamanon

Banned
I'm leveling a blood elf warrior right now, and she looks pretty great!

Mainly just doing it to learn the Fury/Protection rotation and craft some low level transmog stuff to fill out the collections.

It seems they've changed the leveling experience again. You get a lot more experience for doing red quests, and more than before for yellow quests. Leveling is super fast.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just found out I have 5 days off next week...

...thats the wrong week >_>

Rhaknar

Just caught the new whirlwind animation in a video and holy shit it looks amazing.

Kinda makes me want to level a warrior just for that, im that shallow

Magnus

What's the way to go with a general UI addon these days, guys?

For years, I've used X-Perl/Z-Perl. It still works for me, but something more visually elegant would be nice. Ideally something that isn't painful to use or set up. I'm a dirty casual and a menu screen with 10000 settings gives me anxiety.

I've been slowly opening crates, day by day, but I still have over 7000 left...

I feel like I've streamlined the process of opening, vendoring, equipping, and mailing pretty well, but it still takes forever.

Ark

One plus side of today is that I finally got Best Friend with Nat Pagle, so I have one of the water strider mounts :)

j-wood

So I hit 32 on my warrior! I broke my glass ceiling of level 30 back when i played in 2004.

I'm really loving it so far. I don't know how WoW didn't hook me back then, but it has now.

I've mostly been doing quests, and dungeons occasionally. My one complaint is that as great as the dungeon finder tool is...it also kinda sucks. I get in with a group, have no idea what's going on lore/story wise, and then everything is dead in 2-3 seconds, and before i know it is over and I've gained 2 levels. Making me out level questing zones pretty quickly.

That said, I don't think there is anything Blizzard can do to fix that.

Rhaknar

Oh Violet Hold is back, which is no surprise considering Dalaran is back. Neat.

11 dungeons counting VH is very very decent for the start of the xpac for us 5man loving folk, and hopefully they will introduce more as they said they would in patches.

ampere

Just caught the new whirlwind animation in a video and holy shit it looks amazing.

Kinda makes me want to level a warrior just for that, im that shallow

I made a Druid in TBC literally for the sole reason of watching Druids jump off Aldor Rise and pop into flight form, while I'd sometimes run off accidentally and splat.

So... sometimes small things can inspire leveling a character :p

Plus, WoW does Warriors really really well, so you should definitely make one.

Corsick

I'm currently leveling a Sub Rogue and Shadowstrike is incredibly fun and cool. I love the mobility and free flowing nature of just jumping around to different targets. If I get legion I'll use my boost on the rogue once it hits 60 (it's 37 right now) and I'll keep farming mounts and transmogs in the meantime until the expansion hits. I saw the class hall for Rogues and was underwhelmed to be honest. Also, is it just me or is it almost impossible to get any of the cool mounts with newer skins? I just run the old raids constantly and pray right now.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
god damn was out all week.. new thread and D aug 9? thank god..now i have a reason to play before legion

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So I hit 32 on my warrior! I broke my glass ceiling of level 30 back when i played in 2004.

I'm really loving it so far. I don't know how WoW didn't hook me back then, but it has now.
To be fair the game is not really at all like it was in 2004.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
To be fair the game is not really at all like it was in 2004.

i know you mean basically the entire rehaul of the game, but just from a content perspective,
the middle part of leveling was pretty rough back then.. there were a lot of zones on both continents you could flow from 25-45ish and it would completely change your outlook on the game. completely different experience if you did northern eastern kingdoms or stv, or if you did like central to southern kalimdor. the idea of even doing maraudon back then took mental preparation.

most people that didnt finish leveling usually did burn out around there or early in plaguelands.

frontovik

Banned
With regards to transmog, does Legion have any sort of glaive-like weapons available? (not war-glaives, but the ones used by the NE Sentinels)

MMaRsu

i know you mean basically the entire rehaul of the game, but just from a content perspective,
the middle part of leveling was pretty rough back then.. there were a lot of zones on both continents you could flow from 25-45ish and it would completely change your outlook on the game. completely different experience if you did northern eastern kingdoms or stv, or if you did like central to southern kalimdor. the idea of even doing maraudon back then took mental preparation.

most people that didnt finish leveling usually did burn out around there or early in plaguelands.

I stopped at 45 or 47 back before BC came out. Never really got back into it after that, but last year I picked it up again with all the expansions and now im finally lvl 90. Yeah Ive been playing on and off but its really good imo.

Its not as social as it was back then though, when almost everyone was still discovering things and figuring shit out :p.

For years, I've used X-Perl/Z-Perl. It still works for me, but something more visually elegant would be nice. Ideally something that isn't painful to use or set up. I'm a dirty casual and a menu screen with 10000 settings gives me anxiety.

Shadowed Unit Frames for frames at least. X/Z-Perl always has had that babby's first mod look to it that you can't get rid of. SUF is more customizable (without being completely overwhelming) and elegant. I've tried pretty much every frame addon over the years and SUF is simply the best one.

Now if you're a healer, you may want a supplemental frame addon as I originall found SUF options for raid frames (compared to party/player/target/etc.) to be somewhat difficult to deal with, but I don't heal so I haven't messed with them in awhile - normally I just use the default raid frame interface since I know it will work, and not unexpectedly fail. For Legion redoing my UI, I may change that however.

ampere

I'll share my UI here if you want ideas:

ecA6SsM.jpg

Addon list (excluding some random stuff like xmog/pvp/auction/pet battle stuff)
Combat addons:
BigWigs - not shown, buy usually in the upper left/middle of my screen
Exorsus Raid Tools - essential for higher level raiding, allows assigning positions for stuff like Kormrok/Kromog
LittleWigs - BigWigs for dungeons
MikScrollingBattleText - I can't live without this, I just love being able to see heal effectiveness in real time
NeedToKnow - nice for something simple that I don't want to make a WeakAura for, shown above my player frame
Quartz - castbar addon
Skada - damage meter
WeakAuras - amazing, customizable, does anything really. See the four icons above my player frame and the NeedToKnow bar.

Non-combat addons:
AdvancedInterfaceOptions - gives some more options that Blizzard has hidden. Allows you to see variables and their current state
Bagnon - bag addon, also tracks quantity of items on alts
Coordinates - shows coordinates next to the area name above minimap
DejaCharacterStats - lets you display more stats on the character sheet, like speed (which should not be hidden!)
eAlignUpdated - type /align and it puts a grid on screen for easy addon positioning
Leatrix_Plus - does some QoL stuff, like auto-vendoring grays and auto-repairing
MoveAnything - use it to move my tooltip
TargetPercent - shows my target's health as a percent outside of the frame. It's too cluttered for me in the frame using the in-game option

My player frame, actionbars, nameplates and raid frames (normally bottom right area near Skada) among other things are all Blizzard standard.

biaxident

Disc is a lot of fun. As long as I don't panic when 3 people take a big aoe hit and atonement wasn't on them, it's pretty great in dungeons. Schism gives you kind of a burst window with penance, pretty neat.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They really should have added a flourish or some kind of spell effect for Incarnation: Chosen of Elune.

i think all yo uget is a shitty puddle under your feet

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How stupid is it that Demon Hunters can talk to each other but Druids and Death Knights, who have an established class bond outside of their factions, and the Druid leaders even basically being above this whole faction warfare squabble in the first place, can't talk to each other.

Not to mention Warlocks not being able to talk to each other in demonic.

Rhaknar

How stupid is it that Demon Hunters can talk to each other but Druids and Death Knights, who have an established class bond outside of their factions, and the Druid leaders even basically being above this whole faction warfare squabble in the first place, can't talk to each other.

Not to mention Warlocks not being able to talk to each other in demonic.

The lore excuse is billshit anyway, we talk to other faction npcs all the time

Top Bottom