• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

M.D

I just got the regular strength plate so I could use it on all my plate wearers. Valor I think? You don't even really need the weapon/shield heirlooms unless you want to be super OP.

You've got the right idea. Have an alt get the Siegecrafter Blackfuse kill, have that alt leave the group, and then when you reform make them raid leader and have them zone in first. After everyone else zones in, have that alt leave group, rinse repeat.

This is pretty sweet. Good work :)

There actually aren't any tank specific heirlooms anymore. Bonus Armor has been converted to Versatility or another stat

I ended up buying helm, chest, shoulders, legs, weapon and shield and got to level 15 fairly quickly.
Unto to dungeons now!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't even know when I'm going to touch my alts if at all in Legion. I'll do the Demon Hunter just to see its abilities, but I'm leveling my Druid first and not getting left behind to work on alts like I did in WoD.

Kind of want to keep on the edge of the game, find a good guild and be regularly doing mythics while still not putting all my time into WoW because I couldn't stick with one character.

right now I have a 100 of everything. And 2 100 Priests and Paladins.

Jumping back in soon; any recommendations for a tank class? I have my trusty monk but on a different server than where I'm going. Demon hunters look interesting. I'll have another boost and I'm not big on alts so I was also thinking going with a warrior. Anyone have any insight? If I don't go warrior I'll just burn the boost on a healer since I already have a DPS. I really don't like having more than one of each type.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
what's the best way to find a guild?
Server forums
Should I be disenchanting all the loot while doing old raids for transmog or vendoring?
Download an AH addon that'll tell you the vendor, AH, and disenchant prices on your server. I believe Auctionator does this.
Jumping back in soon; any recommendations for a tank class? I have my trusty monk but on a different server than where I'm going. Demon hunters look interesting. I'll have another boost and I'm not big on alts so I was also thinking going with a warrior. Anyone have any insight? If I don't go warrior I'll just burn the boost on a healer since I already have a DPS. I really don't like having more than one of each type.

People REALLY like how Guardian Druids are in Legion. I think they're the only tanks I've seen get praise across the board from everyone.

People REALLY like how Guardian Druids are in Legion. I think they're the only tanks I've seen get praise across the board from everyone.

Really? I played one during Highmaul content and he was kind of meh. I got a lot out of him but he didn't feel super impressive most of the time. Although I guess that was at the class' low point.

Milennia

Go warrior tank if you care more about being effective

They haven't touched ignore pain so they are gods and have been for moSt of beta

ampere

Should I be disenchanting all the loot while doing old raids for transmog or vendoring?

Check prices, but lately only MoP raids are worth DEing on my server. Everything else is better for me to vendor.

https://theunderminejournal.com

Warrior has changed the least from WoD, it's still solid. Very overpowered right now, but that will likely change

Bear got a huge revamp, actually engaging to play now. Very strong kit

Brewmaster got big changes and is not very intuitive. If you like the idea of gaming your HP to be low to get more self healing, you might want to play Brewmaster.

I honestly have nothing positive to say about Blood DK or Prot Paladin

Milennia

Check prices, but lately only MoP raids are worth DEing on my server. Everything else is better for me to vendor.

https://theunderminejournal.com

Warrior has changed the least from WoD, it's still solid. Very overpowered right now, but that will likely change

Bear got a huge revamp, actually engaging to play now. Very strong kit

Brewmaster got big changes and is not very intuitive. If you like the idea of gaming your HP to be low to get more self healing, you might want to play Brewmaster.

I honestly have nothing positive to say about Blood DK or Prot Paladin

Tbh I don't think they will nerf warrior, it's been in its current state for like 6 straight builds and went live, they are the only tank with a massive absorb and I think that's their niche

So blizzard will probably undervalue absorbs again in this instance

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Pretty sure this is true for most melee right now - especially the tanks.
With mastery almost universally diminished in strength and multistrike removed it's very common to see haste become an important stat. As far as I'm aware stat stacking will not be as extreme as it was in WoD, and there are a number of specs that are finding it important to balance stats so that one stat does not dwarf the others.
I think 7.0 did noting but just amplify it.
I don't really understand this perspective. 7.0 does a lot to give important leveling abilities much earlier to players. Stuff like Colossus Smash, which is literally what Arms has been based around forever, was not granted to players until the mid-80's just a few weeks ago. Now they teach it to players at level 18. It's okay for player progression to extend beyond level 100, and it should. Artifacts are the most interesting implementation of progression that the game has seen in like ten years.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Really? I played one during Highmaul content and he was kind of meh. I got a lot out of him but he didn't feel super impressive most of the time. Although I guess that was at the class' low point.

They were completely reworked for Legion due to being the most notably outdated tanks in WoD.

also you get to look like this
495608.jpg

ampere

Tbh I don't think they will nerf warrior, it's been in its current state for like 6 straight builds and went live, they are the only tank with a massive absorb and I think that's their niche

So blizzard will probably undervalue absorbs again in this instance

It's possible, but I just don't want to tell someone to pick Warrior because they're OP right now and then have them get nerfed and I've misled them.

It wouldn't be the first tier one tank was way overpowered, but it just seems so weird for them to make the mistake about making absorbs OP when it's been a problem for years and they have absolutely neutered Blood Shield and taken Guard from Monks.

The gameplay is actually fun now, and their mitigation is not a dodge cooldown, it's an armor buff.

Mangle/Thrash on CD, Swipe/Moonfire as filler, can talent to get Moonfire procs that grant more rage, good reactive self heal on a CD

They were completely reworked for Legion due to being the most notably outdated tanks in WoD.

also you get to look like this

Oh my

Also I don't care if warriors are OP or monks are nerfed, I just like playing a tank that's fun to pilot. I only mentioned warrior to begin with because I played one all during Wrath as my only character and I have nostalgia for the class.

Druid moved up the list. The ooc stealth and resto being a thing I like makes a difference if they really are more fun to pilot now.

dimb

I really don't like the new Guardian at all. It was more interesting to me before pre-patch, but now the rotation for building rage/damaging stuff just does not appeal to me at all. Feels sorta piddly I guess, so I'm surprised people like it now.

dimb

I don't know how the simplest tanking spec in the game could feel more interesting to you.
Pulverize was more interesting to me than the stuff that's strong on Guardian now. Maul got more use. Frenzied Regen felt more unique and less like a borrowed ability from Brewmaster. Don't get the appeal of stuff like Moonfire upkeep as a tank at all. So I don't really see much added complexity to Guardian that is interesting I guess.

Tenebrous

Any of them compared to a spec that prioritized Thrash on single target and multi-target. Most people I know that played Druid as their 'one tank' did it because of how easy it was.

I remember playing my druid alt during WotLK and going through content upto ICC PuGs with a macro my friend gave me that pretty much did everything 'cept taunt & use big CDs. That was pretty cool.

That said, anyone with half a brain can play any of the current tanks to a good level. Don't think any of them can be considered hard anymore.

Respect

It's possible, but I just don't want to tell someone to pick Warrior because they're OP right now and then have them get nerfed and I've misled them.

It wouldn't be the first tier one tank was way overpowered, but it just seems so weird for them to make the mistake about making absorbs OP when it's been a problem for years and they have absolutely neutered Blood Shield and taken Guard from Monks.

From a pvp perspetive this is concerning as well. It doesn't look like an easy process to level an alt's artifact weapon and if blizz goes overboard nerfing a class, that could be much more troublesome than in the past when you could relatively geared and caught up in under a month.

Ashodin

From a pvp perspetive this is concerning as well. It doesn't look like an easy process to level an alt's artifact weapon and if blizz goes overboard nerfing a class, that could be much more troublesome than in the past when you could relatively geared and caught up in under a month.
?????
PvP is normalized. There's no "catching" up outside of just getting abilities.

ampere

That said, anyone with half a brain can play any of the current tanks to a good level. Don't think any of them can be considered hard anymore.

Well the most important parts of being a tank are attendance, communication, and consistency and that's never going to change. But I think Brewmaster probably has the lowest skill floor right now, that is a bad player will be really bad on Brewmaster.

With the ilevel scaling in pvp instances, honor and artifact leveling basically replace gear as the catch up process, so it may indeed take longer. I can't really say right now.

Oh my, the monk lost its healing totem? I see the mistwalkers gained more pasive and aoe healings

There's a talent for the statue

Tenebrous

Well the most important parts of being a tank are attendance, communication, and consistency and that's never going to change. But I think Brewmaster probably has the lowest skill floor right now, that is a bad player will be really bad on Brewmaster.

Doesn't that mean it has the highest skill floor?

Jag

Farmed my 10th Skyshard and saw Alani and couldn't resist. Was going to sell some spots, but I was just done at that point.

Ark

Just got fucking scammed from someone selling the Alani mount.

Can't believe I fell for it. Lost 15k. How do I report people?

Tenebrous

I mean lowest like if the range was 0 - 100, not lowest as in the range of the floor, if that makes sense

A bad Brewmaster is probably the worst tank right now. That's what I'm getting at :p

A class that is easy to learn but difficult to master would have a low skill floor and a high skill ceiling (say, 10 and 90).

A class that is difficult to learn but not much more difficult to master would have a comparatively high skill floor but that doesn't mean the skill ceiling is higher (say, 50 and 90).

That's how I've always understood the floor/ceiling stuff.

ampere

A class that is easy to learn but difficult to master would have a low skill floor and a high skill ceiling (say, 10 and 90).

A class that is difficult to learn but not much more difficult to master would have a comparatively high skill floor but that doesn't mean the skill ceiling is higher (say, 50 and 90).

That's how I've always understood the floor/ceiling stuff.

Looks like people do use it that way. Got my point across anyway :p

Top Bottom